Oky

Star Wars

Lucas says with the success of Avatar he is hoping to finely do all 6 movies in 3d, hopefully it will be HD 3D.

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1061786p1.html

Sigh, I hate 3D, but boy I can't wait for the HD blu-rays to come out.

They said they'll be out eventually I just hope they offer regular HD and then 3D, so I can NOT get 3D.

Everyone stopped reading this thread?.

Some star wars shoes, I live the Vader black ones, and the DS shoes.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/n...1208/index.html

Thank you for showing me these, I love the X-wing shoes, only bad thing is if I got some I think I'd never wear them and turn them into a collectors item.

I really the x wing shoes as well. The AT AT ones arent that bad too. Too bad I dont have an adidas store where I live :sad:

Normally I really hate family guy but since they got new writers I watched "Something somthing something darkside" and it was actually really funny. I especially liked the parts on Dagobah and Hoth.

I really the x wing shoes as well. The AT AT ones arent that bad too. Too bad I dont have an adidas store where I live :sad:

I really like the Tie fighter shoes as well.

Interesting tibit from Karen "I heart mandalorians" Traviss

You also mentioned a Boba Fett novel that you're not going to do now. That's a separate book from the final Imperial Commando book, right? You mentioned that was also cancelled because of canon clashes with the upcoming TV series — does that mean Clone Wars, or the new live-action show?

Yes, the Boba Fett book was totally separate, nothing to do with Imperial Commando. The cancellation was due to the live action show, but that's all I know.

http://io9.com/5466313/is-it-too-late-to-s...erial-commandos

I'm not sure why people feel the need to downsize Travis into "Mandalorian fan-wank" as one commentator put it, Karen's books made a Mando culture that was deeper than any other culture in the SW universe- it also has the first complete(ish. As far as I know, it doesn't compare with Tolkien's at all) language in the SW universe.

Of course, I understand the complaints that she was making them into soft romantics. That I found irritating to no end in her last few Commando books- everyone seemed to have a relationship or was stressing about not being in one. :hmpf: However, she managed to set the clones as actual people, not the simplified "they're grown to be docile" crap that we got from Ep. II. I mean, if you had been put through massively lethal combat training for the entirety of your artificially shortened life, you'd be ticked off too, wouldn't you?

She also made the SW universe a little more real. I've read some SW books where things go off the deep end, far away from the maybe-possibly-someday restrictions of the original series (excluding some things, like, oh, sound in space. :tongue: ) As an army journalist, she had more knowledge of what actual soldiers would do in those sitiations. For example, silver armor for special ops? Not a good idea.

But, bah, it's not really worth worrying about. The SW universe doesn't really exist after all. If I want, I can block out the more stupid parts of the SW timeline and put it into my own version of it- my EU filter, if you will. I'm glad she didn't write her last Commando book, this way we don't see Skirata develop a love life. I'll go back and read the first Commando book, the best one. :wink:

Nostalgia overload. (even though I wasn't alive when the second movie came out.

Edited by Palms

personally, I love Karen Traviss' work- I don't see why everyone hates the series. The fact that it was a 'romance' series never really stood out to me, there's only a few smaller tidbits here and there. I was dissapointed when I heard she was stepping down from Star Wars (stupid Clone Wars), leaving many books unauthored. From what I hear, a second Imp novel is strill in the works- though by someone else- and will be released sometime in 2012. But, as Mr Mandolorian said, she did make Star wars a little more 'real.' I mean- not a lot of these novel talk about the civvies, mainly just the Jedi waving their 'sabers around. Not very many novel talk about the clones or Mandos either, whom Traviss has greatly expanded. I just hope the new author finish the series isn't some shallow author who doesn't care about continuity or her charecters, and ends up killing them all.

I've just had my mind blown.

The theme for the celebration at the end of Episode I is exactly the same melody as the Emperor's Theme, just sung faster and higher.

Comparisons

EP1:

Emperors theme:

I've just had my mind blown.

The theme for the celebration at the end of Episode I is exactly the same melody as the Emperor's Theme, just sung faster and higher.

Comparisons

EP1:

Emperors theme:

That's nuts! I never ntoiced that before! Nice find,simonjedi!

Thanks, simonjedi! Very interesting fact. But how did you link to the middle of a video? :look:

Speaking of YouTube, this is too good not to be posted: Addidas FIFA World Cup ad, starring David Beckham, Daft Punk, Snoop Dogg, Franz Beckenbauer, Noel Gallagher, Ian Brown, Ciara, Jay Baruchel, and DJ Neil Armstrong!

Snoop Dog's bit is my favorite part. "Well I don't like you either, foo! You want some? Step up!" :laugh:

Ha! nice. Oky, the jumping to the middle of the vid is a glitch, I think. refresh it a couple times, it worked for me.

:laugh:

Beckham's face is pretty funny at the end. Great editing too! :thumbup:

Kind of the place i guess to ask, anyone got some names for a dog im getting, a almost 2 year old lemon coloured female beagle, im thinking maybe Ventress.

How about Ahsoka? :tongue: You seem to be a supporter of her.

I always thought Aayla is a pretty name. Not sure if it would fit a dog though.

Oh wait, I forgot, I'm on your "ignore list". :hmpf: Carry on.

You were.

Yes im a star wars fan, i liked the PT, Jar Jar didnt bother me, nor does Ashoka because they are just characters.

I had thought of Ashoka and Aalya but not sure.

What was the bounty hunter girl in that episode with Hondo, no not Aurra the other one with Embo and the farmers who would voiced by what sounded like old polite Asian guys almost like the guy who was Splinter in the cgi TMNT.

You were.

Yay. :grin:

Yes im a star wars fan, i liked the PT, Jar Jar didnt bother me, nor does Ashoka because they are just characters.

Same here. :thumbup:

What was the bounty hunter girl in that episode with Hondo...

That would be Sugi. Not a bad name actually.

I've always loved Jar jar, I thoguht he was awesome.

Some SW girl names are Mirax, Inyri and... I'll tell you mroe when i get home :tongue: .