Oky

Star Wars

The whole thing is supposed to be a spaceport, and you are a passenger waiting for your flight. The droids are there as personnel, aiding with spaceship maintenance and such, but some are broken, so there are also droids to fix the droids. Next time you go there, listen to what the droids are saying. It's quite hilarious. :laugh:

Btw, does anyone else find it funny that Panna is one of the listed flight destinations? :grin:

And whether Echo Base or Home One, Ackbar is Ackbar, and he aint there. End of story. :tongue:

Last I remember it, the entrance was like this: Enter the big room; a serpentine line awaits but on the right hand side there is a ship(I thought this was an x-wing, but maybe not?) that is being serviced with C-3PO and R2D2 doing something right in front of it. In this very room, in the upper left corner is a control room with Ackbar(or at least his race, so I acknowledge, it may not be him as well). From what I remember it's the biggest room while in wait.

Doe this sound familiar or do I just sound loopy? :wacko:

Edit: I figured I would just look up some pictures and what I thought was an X-Wing is actually a busted up Star Speeder 3000. D'oh!

Edited by JeffD984

I did some searching as well, and I found the part with Mon Calamari you were talking about, and it's only in Florida:

3443057615_8f2eb3fe1e_o.jpg

As for the X-Wing, there seems to be one displayed outside the ride in Paris:

pic10_big.jpg

And just for fun, here is the Star Tours flight plan:

534902405_e72895d429_o.jpg

Man, it would be sooo awesome if you could actually visit all those places! :cry_happy:

Also, it would be nice if that stupid droid pilot would actually bring you to Endor for once. :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I did some searching as well, and I found the part with Mon Calamari you were talking about, and it's only in Florida:
Now I feel like a dumb Gungan. :laugh:
Again. I had no idea there was a Mon Calamari up there.... I must have just walked in, enjoyed the ride, and walked out with no stops in between. :laugh:

The new star wars book Death Troopers is coming out on the the 13th and I can't wait. If you don't know what it is here's a wookiepedia link and an awesome fan trailer that looks like it was made by Del Rey itself.

Wookiepedia

And here's a link to some letters (from different websites) written from various inmates and personel of the Purge.

Letters on Starwars.com

Letters on Death troopers.com

You can find all the links in the wookiepedia article but these two are more direct links.

I'm excited mainly because this is the first star wars horror story and the plot seems reasonable and cool.

Thanks for the info, Forresto. :classic: That book does sound interesting. It's a bit strange to have a zombie story in the SW universe, but pretty cool at the same time. I might have to check it out. I love Alien -type stories.

I went to SW in Concert on Thursday btw, and it was great. :sweet: Anthony Daniels did some very nice narrating/hosting and the performance of the orchestra was superb! Sometimes it sounded like it was a CD that was playing, not a live orchestra, because it sounded so perfect! :oh3: But no, it was live, and it was amazing. They had special effects like smoke and fire too. It was overal very well done and my dad and I had a great time! I can highly recommend experiencing it for yourself! :thumbup:

On the topic of Star Wars Books, the third Darth Bane novel - Dynasty of Evil - is coming out on December eighth in the States.

I knew it was only a matter of time until there were Zombies in the SW universe. It seems as is Sci-fi isn't Sci-fi without 'em these days. Can someone name me one major Sci-fi something that doesn't have the undead of some sort? It does looks interesting nonetheless.

-I like me.

I went to SW in Concert on Thursday btw, and it was great. :sweet: Anthony Daniels did some very nice narrating/hosting and the performance of the orchestra was superb! Sometimes it sounded like it was a CD that was playing, not a live orchestra, because it sounded so perfect! :oh3: But no, it was live, and it was amazing. They had special effects like smoke and fire too. It was overal very well done and my dad and I had a great time! I can highly recommend experiencing it for yourself! :thumbup:

That's good to here because it's coming to baltimore around my birthday and I live an hour away from the city. I was wondering if it was worth going, and it sounds from what you say very very good so i'll have to think about going.

On the topic of Star Wars Books, the third Darth Bane novel - Dynasty of Evil - is coming out on December eighth in the States.

I knew it was only a matter of time until there were Zombies in the SW universe. It seems as is Sci-fi isn't Sci-fi without 'em these days. Can someone name me one major Sci-fi something that doesn't have the undead of some sort? It does looks interesting nonetheless.

-I like me.

Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5

Additional: There were zombies in a previous star wars book, its a bit like the goosebumps series, not sure of the name, will go dig it up.

Edited by simonjedi

Hehe, thanks for sharing that with us DarthSion.

Beware Darth Gibbs! :vader:

:laugh:

Hmm, how can I put this, I see the star wars in concert is "doing the rounds" on various sites.

Did anyone see it?.

I'm not sure what you mean by "doing the rounds", but as you can see at the top of this page, I did see it and was rather impressed. :classic:

The Today show (an american morning news show in case you did'nt know) dresses up for halloween every year and this time they did Star Wars. It had it's funny moments like a lone trekkie dressed as Spock surrounded by stormtroopers in the technical control room. By far the funnitest moment though was several people wearing Ewok costumes who got drunk, and did some crazy stuff.

Ewoks gone wild video :laugh:

There also was a girl who was volunteering for an animal shelter who was dressed up as Ashoka and looked exactly like her. I do not kidd, it looked like Ashoka in the flesh :oh: .

Who is this "Ashoka" you speak of? :tongue:

Those Ewoks are pretty funny! :laugh:

Speaking of funny, adult swim aired a special edition of the Robot Chicken SW special(s) last night with some new sketches mixed in with the old ones. I have compiled all the new stuff into a video for you guys. They will probably block the video soon, so watch it while you can! Enjoy:

Also, the trailer for the Family Guy episode Something, Something, Something, Dark Side is now available for free download on iTunes and on Apple.com/trailers. The DVD comes out December 22. Some pretty hilarious stuff! Can't wait! :grin:

Ashoka was a member a while back who had some pretty accurate info on Star Wars sets froma certain wave. Not sure if I was here or not, but I do remember reading a topic with Ashoka in it. :tongue:

But thanks for the vid Oky. :thumbup:

-'Skintas

I would totally be for that. But I really don't think he'll mess with the movies. I think the animated stuff is his way of stretching out and making a bigger impact while keeping new Star Wars fans entertained.

I sure hope not. That would ruin the orignal 3 movies. What made them so great was the model and alien costume animation. Or lack there of. IMO, they wereruined when Lucus updated them with the extra scences filled with CGI.

Anyone seen "Fanboys"? Its about a bunch of frineds that break into the skywalker ranch to try and see episode 1 6months or so before its released. Great movie.

Meh, it was alright. Could have been much funnier. Plus they gave all the good parts away in the trailer. The Trekkies were funny though. :tongue:

Btw, does anyone know if S.S.S. Dark Side will be shown on TV or if it is a straight-to-DVD thing. I'd be surprised if it was, but I'm just checking.

Rumours 12/12 on spiketv will show a brand new star wars game, good because TFU pc was rubbish, and RH was too childish.

The Trekkies were pretty hilarious! I'm both a hardcore Trekkie and star wars fan so when both sides got into the big fist fight . . . I liked the movie although I agree it could have been funnier.

Oh sorry about the confusion but the whole today show episode was Star Wars related so the video I showed only showed part of it. There was a girl dressed as ashoka that was promoting animal shelters, however she looked erriley like a Ashoka. The spitting image I would say.

I'm still confused. Are you talking about Ahsoka or Ashoka? If the latter is the case, how do you know how he/she looks like?

Do you guys think that that videogame they will announce is gonna be the Lego CW game that was rumored? :cry_happy: Or perhaps Battlefront 3? :oh: I'm excited!

Btw, does anyone know when exactly the Dark Side Days sale starts? On the website it says it starts today, but in the newsletter it said Friday & Saturday. Does this mean it starts at 12:00 am?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I hope the new game is a new TFU, or a proper BF, the psp ones have been poor compared with BF2.

Lego CW would be interesting, so long as its not like IJ2 didn't like the lay out.

I don't care just as long as its not being done by Krome Stuido's, their TFU and RH were poorly done, and just as long as its on the PS3 and not some lame wii or ds game.