Oky

Star Wars

What if the folks over the seas in Kamino stole a copy of Obi-Wan's DNA when he was last there visting.

fakestarwars_zps8yuoccqr.jpg

I found another funny pic today.

(Please let me know mods/admins, if the pic posting goes too far, even when it's related to the topic)

d198089ba866ad1c5d73.jpg

On 1/25/2017 at 6:36 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

Why?? Why do people have to hate on the CGI in Rogue One? I thought it was great!

Tarkin was very convincing to me. I thought there were a few too many dots on his face :D but it all seemed very real.

Leia did seem fake, but it was so short a time that I didn't really care.

I think some people just have an eye for spotting the uncanny valley. It's not to say that people who don't spot the fakeness are bad people ;p. But some of us seemed to have felt like it was Roger Rabbit. I know some people who didn't realize that Tarkin was fake in the whole thing.

I feel like even if I didn't know the actor has been dead for a long time I'd still have noticed. It just felt like I was watching some giant, silly, cartoon character. Nothing about it felt real. But again, some people found it believable.

I'm writing this in here because I think there's already enougn topics focused on Star Wars but anyone else is frustrated by the fact that EA owns the license to make the games? Crappy pay to win mobas on mobile, shallow FPS ( Battlefront, altough 2 could be better ) and what seems to be an uncharted type of game similar to Star Wars 1313 ( RIP ). 

LucasArt used to make such good games for the franchise, and to witness how widespread Star Wars is right now, the fact we are gonna get those shit games really makes me angry. 

No dedicated space battle games, in the universe called STAR WARS since what, 2003? I don't even imagine the devs working on those titles and how disenchanted they must be having to work with this bull crap. 

Battlefront was so rushed. Lots of amazing graphics but no soul. Shallow gameplay. It was really disappointing. 

I don't like EA. That said I do play their games. Battlefield One. Probably Mass Effect. They just have a way of "big business"ing all games.

Edited by BrickG

I bought Battlefield 1 and the game has much more depht than Battlefront: and the thing wasnt broken on launch. I just get the feeling they will push those kind of titles non-stop down our throats ( sucky shooters and uncharted kind of adventures where you controll some edgy over powered dude with emotions struggle :sick: ). 

Can't we have RPGs, RTS, innovative new characters or features anymore? This universe is so vast yet is soo constricted. 

If they do a remake of Battlefront 2 for this year or 2018 and it has no campaign, I'm definitely not getting it. BF 2015 I only bought because it was on sale for $20 CDN on Origin a couple weeks ago.

8 hours ago, Young Leo said:

If they do a remake of Battlefront 2 for this year or 2018 and it has no campaign, I'm definitely not getting it. BF 2015 I only bought because it was on sale for $20 CDN on Origin a couple weeks ago.

There will be a new battlefront this year. I believe it's rumored to have a campaign.

I hope they realize what a mistake pay for map packs is as a concept. Map packs should always be free otherwise the community gets divided and those playing all the maps becomes smaller and smaller. My friend barely plays because his favorite maps, Death Star and Scarif seem to always be dead when he logs on.

Cosmetics can be pay for DLC. 

Edited by Forresto

1 hour ago, ChiefPie said:

There will be a new battlefront this year. I believe it's rumored to have a campaign.

That's good - if anything I prefer the combat stories of the Prequels over the OT so I'll keep an eye out for that.

27 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I hope they realize what a mistake pay for map packs is as a concept. Map packs should always be free otherwise the community gets divided and those playing all the maps becomes smaller and smaller. My friend barely plays because his favorite maps, Death Star and Scarif seem to always be dead when he logs on.

I am surprised more shooters aren't adapting the method Halo 5 took for its multiplayer DLC. All Halo 5 map packs are free and automatically added to the playlist of every player, which has kept its player base rather decent long after release. Instead they use a system of micro-transactions to unlock armor, skins, announcers, etc to make profit. I hope they adapt that in more games.

30 minutes ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I am surprised more shooters aren't adapting the method Halo 5 took for its multiplayer DLC. All Halo 5 map packs are free and automatically added to the playlist of every player, which has kept its player base rather decent long after release. Instead they use a system of micro-transactions to unlock armor, skins, announcers, etc to make profit. I hope they adapt that in more games.

See that sounds perfect. Thats how you do a multiplayer FPS and hold onto your playerbase. Its healthy and sustainable. 

I doubt EA will go that route with DLC unfortunately if the past is any clue.

9 hours ago, Forresto said:

See that sounds perfect. Thats how you do a multiplayer FPS and hold onto your playerbase. Its healthy and sustainable. 

I doubt EA will go that route with DLC unfortunately if the past is any clue.

Yes I think Halo 5 handled it's multiplayer rather well (the campaign was mediocre though, so the game is far from perfect).

Now as for Star Wars games, sadly EA has a reputation for finding ways to squeeze money out of its players. I have yet to buy Battlefront. I had fun the times I played it, but I think the original $60 game with only three worlds, no campaign, and online only multiplayer; was highway robbery at that asking price. The recently released Deluxe Edition (all DLC plus the base game at $50) sounds to me like that should have been what the game was at launch. I will buy the deluxe edition eventually, I just hope there is still a player base on it by the time I buy it.

Also speaking of games I watched Rogue One again last night. You know what the final battle made me want? A new Star Wars space RTS. Empire of War is looking pretty dated now, it's time for a new one. Sadly seeing how the RTS genre hasn't been on stable ground for years, I doubt EA would invest in it for a future Star Wars game.

9 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Yes I think Halo 5 handled it's multiplayer rather well (the campaign was mediocre though, so the game is far from perfect).

Now as for Star Wars games, sadly EA has a reputation for finding ways to squeeze money out of its players. I have yet to buy Battlefront. I had fun the times I played it, but I think the original $60 game with only three worlds, no campaign, and online only multiplayer; was highway robbery at that asking price. The recently released Deluxe Edition (all DLC plus the base game at $50) sounds to me like that should have been what the game was at launch. I will buy the deluxe edition eventually, I just hope there is still a player base on it by the time I buy it.

The only recently EA-published game I've seen which doesn't squeeze money through pay-to-win is Titanfall 2, which is published by EA but developed by a separate developer (Respawn). Of course EA decided to release it in the same two week span as Battlefield 1, that terrible COD game, and Skyrim SE which leads me to think they wanted it to the tank. It's a shame though, cause Titanfall 2 is probably the best overall FPS of late 2016, but it never got that chance to build a great playerbase, especially on PC.

Anyways, back to Star Wars - insert witty followup here.

Here's what I don't understand. Why have we never gotten a proper open world, Skyrim esque, Star Wars game? Something single player along the lines of Star Wars Galaxies or The Old Republic? How cool could that be? 

Better yet EA owns Bioware. Why not get them to make another Star Wars game? It doesn't necessarily have to be another KOTOR but a game of that caliber in the Star Wars universe would be incredible.  

I wanted another RTS SW game for ages now, I'm still playing Battlegrounds from time to time.

I used to trust Bioware with RPGs but that's no longer the case: Dragon age 2 was crap and Mass Effect 3 was so bad it retroactivly ruined  the whole franchise. 

Edited by RetroInferno

22 hours ago, Forresto said:

I share these sentiments. Basically the value of the game was gated from the start. I preordered a copy of SW Battlefront and as time went on I realized they wanted me to fork over well over 100 bucks for the rest of the game. And in Japan we don't get a choice of which packs to get it is all or nothing. 

That was the worst impression a company has ever given me about a product and I doubt I will buy the next installment or any other EA game going forward. Still trying to recover normal taste from the bad taste this one left behind. 

This conversation has made me feel like if anything the handling of Star Wars video games the last few years has been pretty lackluster.

Since Disney has bought Star Wars in 2012; I have had little to complain about. I enjoy the two new films, Rebels has been fun, the decision to overhaul the expanded universe was wise, the new comic books are high caliber, and the theme park plans Disney has for Star Wars look AWESOME. However, Disney's handling of the Star Wars video game side has been pretty mediocre at best; and awful at worst. Shutting down both LucasArts and Disney Interactive were clear signs that Disney had little interest in devoting the same care to the video games that they were going to devote to other aspects of the Star Wars franchise. While I do think DICE was a clear choice for making Battlefront (due to the similarities to Battlefield games); and maybe BioWare could do an RPG game (but they seem busy focusing on keeping The Old Republic MMO game going indefinitely instead of creating a new game sadly), I think EA isn't really qualified to handle anything else in the Star Wars video game franchise arena. Is there any part of EA qualified to make us a good RTS? Are we ever going to get a space simulator such as the old X-Wing games from EA? Does EA have the vision to tread new ground with Star Wars; such as what LucasArts seemed to be considering with 1313 or the unnamed Darth Maul game project? Heck forget Star Wars for a second, and mourn the loss of the LucasArts which could do things other than Star Wars in its innovative era of the mid 1990's.:hmpf_bad:

The only thing that seems to be in the pipeline for Star Wars video games other than more EA Battlefront games; is more mobile freemium games. Freemium games can be fun for some brief diversion; but they lack the depth a Console or PC game could really give. Its sad really. I miss the LucasArts of the early 2000's; which was making Star Wars games left and right, and with the studios they worked with; created some brilliant stuff such as the original Battlefront games, Republic Commando, KOTOR, etc. 

So yeah, Star Wars video games feel like they are a bit dead in the water. At the very least, even if it is shallow gameplay; Battlefront looks great graphically. :tongue:

The new battlefront is to include: more heroes, maps, vehicles. The game is supposed to span across multiple eras. And there will be a single player campaign. Most people think the game is going to have OT and ST. I wouldn't understand why it would include OT if their first one is only OT. I'm thinking it's PT and ST though I would prefer PT have it's own game since there are so many map possibilities.

On January 29, 2017 at 9:45 PM, xboxtravis7992 said:

*snip*

I wish I could like a post on this forum cause I would like this twice. The 2000's were a golden age of Star Wars video games and a huge part of my childhood, before the dark times, before EA. 

6 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

The new battlefront is to include: more heroes, maps, vehicles. The game is supposed to span across multiple eras. And there will be a single player campaign. Most people think the game is going to have OT and ST. I wouldn't understand why it would include OT if their first one is only OT. I'm thinking it's PT and ST though I would prefer PT have it's own game since there are so many map possibilities.

I hope for PT but i'd sad to think it will most likely be OT and ST. The Clone Wars were the best part of the prequels but i've talked to many people that despise even the positive aspects of the prequels simply by them being attached to the prequels. I think the people developing Battlefront are the same. As a player of Star Wars Armada we have a similar problem where the developers are the same and seemingly refuse to do anything in the timeline pre- Rebels. 

Imagine the epic Battlefront II mods of the Battle of Geonosis where the Republic starts with gunships and land in the war zone but with the graphical fidelity of Battlefront. I don't understand how any Star Wars fan could hate that.   

8 hours ago, Forresto said:

I wish I could like a post on this forum cause I would like this twice. The 2000's were a golden age of Star Wars video games and a huge part of my childhood, before the dark times, before EA. 

I hope for PT but i'd sad to think it will most likely be OT and ST. The Clone Wars were the best part of the prequels but i've talked to many people that despise even the positive aspects of the prequels simply by them being attached to the prequels. I think the people developing Battlefront are the same. As a player of Star Wars Armada we have a similar problem where the developers are the same and seemingly refuse to do anything in the timeline pre- Rebels. 

Imagine the epic Battlefront II mods of the Battle of Geonosis where the Republic starts with gunships and land in the war zone but with the graphical fidelity of Battlefront. I don't understand how any Star Wars fan could hate that.   

First off, thanks for the compliment! But yeah, for a kid into Star Wars the 2000's had plenty of fun video games. My parents would rent me Star Wars games from the local video store for many years. The early 2002-2003 era Star Wars Clone Wars was the first video game I actually played on an Xbox at my friends house. I played a lot of them, and even the mediocre ones were still a lot of fun. I noticed that Star Wars games really started to slow down though after Revenge of The Sith... and it seemed the end of LucasArts was just the final nail in the coffin.

As for the Battlefront rumors. The OT and ST are favorites in my mind over the PT... However, the PT was visually very diverse; and offered a lot of fun places for videogames. I would love to return to Geonosis, Kamino, or Naboo in a new game. Also The Clone Wars and Rebels should offer plenty of other great locals to visit. Imagine a Battlefront map set on Umbara from the Clone Wars?

I recently interviewed 2 actors from The Force Awakens: Scott Richardson (Quiggold) and Mason Ball (Praster Ommlen).

In case anyone is interested: ;)

http://www.starwarsinterviews.com/sequel-trilogy/episode-vii-the-force-awakens/scott-richardson-quiggold/

http://www.starwarsinterviews.com/sequel-trilogy/episode-vii-the-force-awakens/mason-ball-praster-ommlen/