Oky

Star Wars

Hello there! :classic:

I have been observing the topics over at the Lego Star Wars forum for a while now, and there was something that has been bugging me. Everytime people started discussions about Star Wars that were not related with Lego, they got silenced by mods for not posting these in the right thread. :sceptic: The problem is: There was no right thread! :hmpf_bad: Therefore, I decided to open up this highly overdue topic so that the SW fans here on EB have a place to talk about their favorite saga! :sweet: Discuss, ask questions, share news and rumors, and simply geek out! :grin:

Perhaps this could even be pinned? That would be great! :thumbup:

To start things off, here are some SW discussions of the hilarious kind:

Clerks (Note the soundtrack! :wink: )

Clerks 2 (This one's much better IMHO! :laugh: )

And here is some news: One or two weeks ago, Samuel L. Jackson presented George Lucas with the Scream 2008 Icon Award on behalf of Comic Con! Click here to see the video and the awesome SW tribute that they showed on that night! :sweet:

Enjoy! And may the force be with you! :yoda:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Which one? And what about Blue Harvest? They were all funny Star Wars Spoofs. Clips from the G4 coverage of Star Wars Celebration IV would be good as well.

-Oorah.

It's probably a good idea. You should also add Robot Chicken's Star Wars spoof also.

Those aren't available for free online anywhere are they?

Yy! My thread is finally picking up! :laugh:

You should also add Robot Chicken's Star Wars spoof also.

As Big Cam said, there is no common place you can link to for that. If you have a link, feel free to post it. :classic: But then again, I doubt there are many people out there who have not seen it yet. :tongue:

And what about Blue Harvest? They were all funny Star Wars Spoofs. Clips from the G4 coverage of Star Wars Celebration IV would be good as well.

Yes they were pretty good. Did you know that they are making another one of ESB called Something, Something, Something, Dark Side? It's coming out in December and I can hardly wait to see it! :sweet:

SomethingDarkSidePoster.jpg

Another good SW parody is that from Animaniacs/Pinky & the Brain called "Star Warners". :grin: (Sorry, no link :sad: )

As for G4 coverage of CIV, I couldn't find much for it, and neither could I find much for the more recent Star Wars Spectacular at SDCC except for

, but here is the official report.

I'm making a presentation on A New Hope for my Intro to Visual Effects class today, and I watched the whole Making Of for it. Did you know that one of FOX's biggest concerns during the production was that Chewie didn't have any pants? :laugh:

But then again, I doubt there are many people out there who have not seen it yet. :tongue:
True.
Yes they were pretty good. Did you know that they are making another one of ESB called Something, Something, Something, Dark Side? It's coming out in December and I can hardly wait to see it! :sweet:
Yes, but I personally didn't know when it was coming out. Looking forward to it. :classic:
Did you know that one of FOX's biggest concerns during the production was that Chewie didn't have any pants? :laugh:
What, were they expecting a bunch of perverts in the audience? :laugh: That's like making a bear wear pants, it just doesn't work.

Yup. Awesome idea IMO. :laugh:

And wikipedia states that Carl will be Yoda and Joe will be a probe droid. :grin:

Btw, the title is based on this scene. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Thanks, Forresto. I forgot they had the whole thing on the official website. :blush:

Do you think I should make a SW parody index in the first post?

Do you think I should make a SW parody index in the first post?
That's a good idea, and I would say go for it.

There's a million of them out there, so it will have a lot on it.

I just wouldn't list all the crappy fan-made things on Youtube. I would suggest only listing things like Family Guy or Robot Chicken for example, that are made by experts.

I am waiting until George Lucas decides to recreate it all in CGI and connecting the clone war stuff.

I am waiting until George Lucas decides to recreate it all in CGI and connecting the clone war stuff.

Blasphemey! no i'm just yanking your chain, but no that would be terrible. You don't mess with classic stuff.

I would totally be for that. But I really don't think he'll mess with the movies. I think the animated stuff is his way of stretching out and making a bigger impact while keeping new Star Wars fans entertained.

Big news! Today at D23, they revealed that they are going to finally change the Star Tours ride in Disneylands in California and Florida! :sweet: They will close it in 2010 and reopen it in 2011, and it's going to be 3D and will include "many of the new worlds and elements from the more recent Star Wars movies", including the Boonta Eve podrace! :cry_happy: There is a preview of the podrace scene here. Click here for the full article.

Don't get me wrong, the first Star Tours was great, but after a while, it gets quite boring, and it has been around for almost 23 years now. And since I have a Disneyland annual pass and live very close to it, I get bored with the rides there easily. :blush: Plus I'm more a PT fan and am a huge fan of podracing, so this is really exciting news to me. :sweet:

I hear ya, Oky Wan. I live at the end of the 57 and have frequented Disneyland as well. I dunno, I hope they at least keep the great sets that surrounded the line. R2, 3PO, and the X-Wing; Ackbar; all the droids. Those are just too classic to change! It would be great if there was the option to ride the new or old ride!

Big news! Today at D23, they revealed that they are going to finally change the Star Tours ride in Disneylands in California and Florida! :sweet: They will close it in 2010 and reopen it in 2011, and it's going to be 3D and will include "many of the new worlds and elements from the more recent Star Wars movies", including the Boonta Eve podrace! :cry_happy: There is a preview of the podrace scene here. Click here for the full article.
:laugh:

The way that edition of Boonta Eve ended, there might not have ever been a Vader, Luke, Leia, or anything else! If Ani died there, who know what dumb Gungan could have ended up as the Emperor. :laugh:

I dunno, I hope they at least keep the great sets that surrounded the line. R2, 3PO, and the X-Wing; Ackbar; all the droids. Those are just too classic to change! It would be great if there was the option to ride the new or old ride!

I'm pretty sure they will only change the ride itself, not the surroundings.

Funny. We don't have an X-Wing or Ackbar here. :look:

And I agree on that last point. :thumbup: Did you know they originally wanted this ride to be interactive so that you can choose where you go? Too bad they didn't have the budget for it. Hopefully that will be able to do it for Star Tours II! :cry_happy:

The way that edition of Boonta Eve ended, there might not have ever been a Vader, Luke, Leia, or anything else! If Ani died there, who know what dumb Gungan could have ended up as the Emperor. :laugh:

I think you are confused. The pod that crashed in the video is Teemto Pagalies' podracer, not Anakin's. :wink: Anakin's is not even in that video. I'm thinking that this is the first or second round where Anakin is still behind everybody.

Funny. We don't have an X-Wing or Ackbar here.

I think you are confused. The pod that crashed in the video is Teemto Pagalies' podracer, not Anakin's. :wink: Anakin's is not even in that video. I'm thinking that this is the first or second round where Anakin is still behind everybody.

Oh. Oops. :blush: I had memorized all of the podracers and their pilots, but apparently I'm being lazy today. I assumed it was Anikan's because Sebulba threw something at him, and I was way more focused on Subelba's pod while watching that. Now I feel like a dumb Gungan. :laugh:

And the Star Tours ride in Florida does not have an Ackbar or an X-Wing either, so I don't know what he's talking about. :look:

Edited by booger540

And the Star Tours ride in Florida does not have an Ackbar or an X-Wing either, so I don't know what he's talking about. :look:

Actually, I do remember now that there is an X-wing hung from the ceiling in another building in Tomorrowland (I think it's the Starcade), but I'm pretty sure there is no Ackbar. :sceptic:

Actually, I do remember now that there is an X-wing hung from the ceiling in another building in Tomorrowland (I think it's the Starcade), but I'm pretty sure there is no Ackbar. :sceptic:

In disneyworld there is a a part in line with echo base and it has an X-wing but no home one possibly he got it mixed up with echo base? BTW what is that one room supposed to be with all the robot parts and stuff my dad says he thinks it's the sandcrawler but I'm not sure. :sceptic: