Oky

Star Wars

6 hours ago, ChristopherLee said:

So here's a rumor/spoiler about the upcoming Han Solo Anthology Film, and I will not be happy if it's true.

Hide contents

Some users on Reddit are claiming that "Han Solo" isn't the character's real name. Like "Han Solo" is an alternate identity of sorts he adopted to hide who he really was?

What the hell? Why would Disney do that to us?

I'm of the mind you always have to take these things with a grain of salt, but then again the first Rogue One rumors we got was a CGI Tarkin. Most people laughed at the prospect and shrugged it off yet here we are with CGI Tarkin so i'm not going to say this rumor has no traction. I certainly understand why they might do this from a writing perspective and I actually don't mind if its done right. That's the key though, any idea can work depending on if its done right. Here's my take on it and why it might be a cool spin on Han Solo.

Spoiler

My thing about the movie is that Han Solo at this point should be sort've a bad guy. Not evil but very much in for himself like he is in ANH. I could see him killing someone, even by accident, and then adopting the name Han Solo to try to escape. Or maybe he had a super abusive childhood on Corellia and when he escaped he changed his name to evade his abuser. 

However it happens I think for it to work, the name change has to be a permanent thing and not something he alternates between otherwise we wouldve hear about it before this point. it has to be something only the audience Chewbacca and maybe Lando know about. 

If this is western it could really work with the dark secret/history cowboy trope. Something he's ashamed of keeps buried deep within him. That could give the character as a whole in every movie a lot of depth. 

Rogue One has satisfied me as a Star Wars nerd so while I really hope the Han Solo movie is amazing, i'm not going to be that upset if its lackluster. To be honest i'm not expecting much from it, of course I felt the same way about Rogue One and was blown away so who knows...

The Star Wars Explained  YouTube channel put out a great theory as to why he adopts the name "Han Solo." If the film takes any inspiration from Legends, Han is possibly an orphan with no clue to his lineage. Hence the last name "Solo" being a chosen name which was meant to reflect his lack of heritage and his individual identity. So technically there probably weren't any other Solos in the galaxy until Leia and Ben!

Also "Han Solo" being a pseudonam could be a direct homage to another Harrison Ford/Lucas Film character who named himself after a dog... :wink:

"Solo" becomes a much less cool name if you take it literally. I mean yeaaaah I guess it was always there... it's a part of his character and says a lot about him and his possible past. But Idunno. It would just be lame. 

I guess I'd rather he adopt the last name through some less "try hard" or predictable way. Maybe he really liked Solo Cola and therefore adopted the name. :P

Well the next canon animated series has been announced. Not the Old Republic like many people hoped, but looks interesting. And they managed to get most of the original actresses back too (Daisy Ridley, Felicity Jones, Lupita, etc.): 

Matt Lanter also appears to be coming back, hopefully some unseen Clone Wars stuff to be explored. In one of the Concept Art pictures Sabine appears to be standing in Yavin base, so I'm guessing some of these shows will take place during the TV shows and maybe evn serve as a prequel to season 4 of Rebels.

1 minute ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I can't say I'm a fan of the animation

Well I would have preferred hand drawn rather than flash... But considering there hasn't been a 2D animated Star Wars series since Genndy's original Clone Wars it could be a welcome change of pace.

So, they showed this wonderful video at the celebration in Orlando:

I must admit, I shed a tear. Very touching. The Force will always be with her.

I don't know how many of you watch Trailer Park Boys, but the most recent season paid homage to Empire Strikes back during episode 4, titled "Darth Lahey". To be more specific, they parody the Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker fight in Bespin from Empire Strikes Back.

I'm gonna be missing the beginning live panel this morning :cry_sad: Why did they schedule Star Wars Celebration on Easter weekend.... 

John Knoll released some archival footage from ANH which are pretty interesting in on themselves. 

Edited by Forresto

That last one is interesting and must have been some of the archive footage Gareth Edwards used in Rogue one, Gold Leader says something like, "Red Leader this is Gold Leader we're starting our attack on the shield gate", kind've similar to what he says in the above video. 

The teaser was great! Luke saying it's time for the Jedi to end.. Perhaps they will become grey Jedi.

Yeeeaaah I don't need a repeat of the Hoth battles. Heck, we got more walker action in Rogue One.

Please be different enough! 

On 4/13/2017 at 9:49 AM, Cody Startale said:

So, they showed this wonderful video at the celebration in Orlando:

I must admit, I shed a tear. Very touching. The Force will always be with her.

Watched the panel...very sad. But also quite heartwarming. The new trailer...:wub:

I'm pretty sure it's Luke saying those words, maybe having come to the conclusion that Jedi and Sith both have to end and a balanced form of both being necessary to bring true balance to the Force.

Not sure if we have a Battlefront forum but I'll talk about it here! Oh my goodnessssss! Looks so amazing! The graphics are incredible as always! But that story really, really excites me! Hopefully we'll get some more sets for this game!

I wasn't really satisfied with the new trailer. It didn't really give us a glimpse of what's happening in the movie. The only thing we know for sure is that Rey is being trained by Luke. 

I feel like Rogue One's trailer was better. We actually got a glimpse of what was going on in that trailer. But I guess that's all we can expect from a teaser.

10 hours ago, Mesabi said:

I wasn't really satisfied with the new trailer. It didn't really give us a glimpse of what's happening in the movie. The only thing we know for sure is that Rey is being trained by Luke. 

I feel like Rogue One's trailer was better. We actually got a glimpse of what was going on in that trailer. But I guess that's all we can expect from a teaser.

Have to admit this trailer didn't give us much...I felt the brief first Force Awakens trailer was better as it made you ask a lot of questions. This...not so much.

The first Rogue One Trailer was also better but even though the final film was very good I was disappointed about a lot of the great trailer scenes not being in the final product.

Ya I'm not really a big fan of TLJ trailer. I think it gave us what we wanted and expected though. But I find that in general a lot times the trailers hype up movies and make them a lot more exciting than they actually are. Like looking back at FCA trailers, so much hype! And the classic OG music they use in their trailers are barelyyyy even used in the actual movies.... Anyways I can rant about that all day :hmpf_bad:

Also on a side note. I highly recommend watching Mark Hamill touching tribute to Carrie Fisher. Really sad and touching, but a great watch :cry_happy: