Oky

Star Wars

Hey remember that Seth Green Star Wars Comedy show?

Turns out it's a load of wank.

http://www.rebelscum...ours_147679.asp

Well, I for one, find this new show EPIC! It's a breath of fresh air and certainly looks far more entertaining than the current TCW series. I'll be eagerly anticipating for this series! :classic:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Meanwhile, in a not-so-distant planet...

5159517_700b.jpg

Yeah, if by "a load of wank" you mean totally cute and hilarious, I agree. It has pretty much the same feel as the Robot Chicken SW specials, except less raunchy and with an interesting chibi animation style. If you didn't like those specials, then I guess you're out of luck, but since we knew that it was done by the same creators from the start, that was to be expected. I sure am looking forward to this more than the new season of TCW. :laugh:

Oh, and nice finds Kiel! :classic:

The birds with anger management issues are officially coming to a galaxy far, far away! I wonder if Steven Anderson had anything to do with this? Some of the designs are quite similar, especially Chewie and Han.

Too bad Hasbro has the license for the toys.

absw_splash_lg.jpg

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

I'm not gonna complain until I've seen it.

You never know, it might turn out to be fantastic but at the same time it could turn out to be complete garbage.

I have to say that I just hate those continuity errors, though... by that, I mean, completely different actors all around.

I sense a disturbance in the Force. Like countless fans cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

As I said in the topic linked from the front page, if they throw out the EU like Paramount did with Star Trek, I may have to burn my Jedi robes in shame. :sadnew:

EDIT: Damn, this means the end of the Dark Horse comics, doesn't it? Disney already owns Marvel, they'll probably want to put the SW license under their own comics brand to increase their own profits. :cry_sad:

Edited by Flipz

I'm speechless.

The future of TCW is unclear. Underworld was supposed to aim at the more mature audience; I think it's save to say that this project is dead.

I'm not exactly looking forward for the films that'll come.

Disney can't do a worse job than Lucasfilm did on the prequels. Dare I say it, it should be refreshing to see Star Wars out of the tyrannical grasp of a guy who lost all touch with reality over the 20 years that passed between his early triumph and crying pod racer Anakin. And don't forget, Lucas also tried to destroy Indiana Jones too with the Crystal Skull.

Meanwhile, Disney is shepherding Marvel's blockbusters, and handed over it's animation studio to John Lasseter of Pixar. They've been more savvy than they used to in recent years (excluding some of their own blockbusters).

And there's a certain beautiful full circle feeling to see Pixar and Lucasfilm united again. Crazy stuff!

I'm actually hopeful about this new trilogy after all Disney made all the Pixar films and the Avengers/Marvel cinematic universe. I have no worries with Star Wars in their hands.

after all Disney made all the Pixar films

Disney really doesn't have much say in Pixar films. Pixar makes the Pixar films.

Disney really doesn't have much say in Pixar films. Pixar makes the Pixar films.

But recently, Pixar took over much of Disney's creative department.

And there's a certain beautiful full circle feeling to see Pixar and Lucasfilm united again. Crazy stuff!

And on the CGI and effects front, let's not forget that Disney's also acquired ILM in this deal; they've worked with Pixar on films with groundbreaking effects before.

I'm slowly warming up to the concept, but if they mess with EU canon the deal's off.

Relevant quote from a discussion I'm part of on another (MUCH smaller) LEGO fan forum:

"George Lucas has the same problem that Gene Roddenberry had in the later years of his life: he started to see himself as a visionary, as a person gifted above the rest of society. As a result, he lost touch with the rest of the world, and ceased to produce works that would connect to said world on the same level as his original masterpieces."

Pretty much sums it up. As long as Disney doesn't mess with the canon and doesn't make the same mistakes as Lucas (and Roddenberry), it'll all be fine. :wink:

Devil I mean disney making star wars movies, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

PGCRAPNESS.

Devil I mean disney making star wars movies, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

PGCRAPNESS.

:hmpf:

As compared to the maturity of the rest of the Star Wars films... Which Lucas has repeatedly said are meant for kids...

I'm not gonna complain until I've seen it.

You never know, it might turn out to be fantastic but at the same time it could turn out to be complete garbage.

I have to say that I just hate those continuity errors, though... by that, I mean, completely different actors all around.

Unless It's gonna be 30+ years after the OT. Which could be a possibility since there's a gap between about 44 ABY and 130 ABY. But all I assume is that Anthony Daniels is gonna be C-3PO (duh). I also sense that TCW is gonna be on Disney Channel next season.

Disney can't do a worse job than Lucasfilm did on the prequels.

But the PT was great.

Here's hoping it's a few animated TV series's not a film or trilogy.

But the PT was great.

Honestly, anyone who thinks the prequel trilogy is great probably about 20 years old right now, or younger.

There are flaws in the original trilogy, but all the same, they were years ahead of everything else at the time. The next time a movie was so shockingly new in imagery was Jurassic Park. Plus, the movie had people acting. Whatever story problems were there, the charisma and newness covered it right up.

Unfortunately, the PT had cgi, which was not shocking at all, and was being done equally well or better by WETA at that point. All the acting was done against green screens, which sucked a lot of the charisma out of the actors, and the story was often nonsensical or dull. So, there was a very cool Darth Maul, who died too soon. A very cool Yoda fight. A cool Grievous, who gets shot with a blaster too soon. And some cool ship designs. But that doesn't carry the films.

I wanted to like it, I really did. As a 26 year old, I took my girlfriend to see Attack of the Clones, and it was 50% sucking (Dexter's Diner or whatever, younglings, etc). Then, Anakin's mom died in his arms the moment he rescued her. I turned to my girlfriend and whispered, "I'm sorry I made you watch this." That was before the 'comedy' of a cgi C-3PO on an assembly line. It was embarrassingly bad. I didn't see Sith in the theatre. And though there are some great moments, they are the minority of the film.

So, I don't want to take your memories away from you. You'll always have your time on Naboo :wink: But liking something doesn't make it great, it just means you liked it, and kids have lots of bad taste all the time. There's a lot of stuff people love, but for personal reasons, not because they're great.

My main theory on why they were so poor is that Lucas was surrounded by yes-men who were afraid to tell him when he had a bad idea. And the bad ideas flourished. ("There'll be a trade blockade!" "Brilliant, George! The kids will eat it up!")

If you have an argument for why they are great, I'm willing to listen.

Honestly, anyone who thinks the prequel trilogy is great probably about 20 years old right now.

Ooh bang on.

There are flaws in the original trilogy, but all the same, they were years ahead of everything else at the time. Whatever story problems were there, the charisma and newness covered it right up.

Not exactly, a lot of the dialog from the actors especially Han and Luke was a cringing as the stuff from Anakin in Clones

Unfortunately, the PT had cgi, which was not shocking at all, and was being done equally well or better by WETA at that point. All the acting was done against green screens, which sucked a lot of the charisma out of the actors, and the story was often nonsensical or dull. So, there was a very cool Darth Maul, who died too soon. A very cool Yoda fight. A cool Grievous, who gets shot with a blaster too soon. And some cool ship designs. But that doesn't carry the films.

That is one of the things I do hate about the PT was the green screen work, and minor things, like in the OT the ships exploded with no wreckage and a neat fireball, but in ROTS especially far too much CGI was used.

I wanted to like it, I really did. As a 26 year old, I took my girlfriend to see Attack of the Clones, and it was 50% sucking (Dexter's Diner or whatever, younglings, etc). Then, Anakin's mom died in his arms the moment he rescued her. I turned to my girlfriend and whispered, "I'm sorry I made you watch this." That was before the 'comedy' of a cgi C-3PO on an assembly line. It was embarrassingly bad.

Really, the stuff was about as sad as Luke's confrontation with Jabba in ROTJ, both needed drama to carry them off but both missed it by the dreadful acting. As for the 3PO bits, it was too long but did remind me of the comedy bits in the OT, 3PO on Chewies back in ESB or most of the Trash Compacter scene.

I didn't see Sith in the theatre. And though there are some great moments, they are the minority of the film.

Aside from the apparent speed Anakin submits to the Dark Side, ROTS was a lot more tragic and meaningful than Luke’s accession in ROTJ, that whole thing seemed like it was shoehorned in amongst all the other stuff going on in it.

So, I don't want to take your memories away from you. You'll always have your time on Naboo But liking something doesn't make it great, it just means you liked it, and kids have lots of bad taste all the time. There's a lot of stuff people love, but for personal reasons, not because they're great.

My main theory on why they were so poor is that Lucas was surrounded by yes-men who were afraid to tell him when he had a bad idea. And the bad ideas flourished. ("There'll be a trade blockade!" "Brilliant, George! The kids will eat it up!")

I'm not saying that the PT was perfect, I hated all but an hour or so of PM, but I do hold ROTS and AOTC higher than I hold ROTJ and ANH.