20 hours ago, Lazer said:

@FaladrinThat is a very nice army! Looking great!

Thank you very much !

20 hours ago, Exetrius said:

The enchantress in blue is really nice, I'm very surprised how well the combo between new and old works here! 

Thank you ! Me too I was surprised to see how well it worked out. Initially, I was looking at making a wizard but my 4years old daughter asked me for a fairy godmother and here she is ! :laugh: 

18 hours ago, SerenityInFire said:

I'm probably the only one building up an army of skeletons.

Ahah ! :laugh: probably, but they are nice ! My antagonists won't be skeletons but altered/zombie Black Falcons. :wink:

8 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Ahah ! :laugh: probably, but they are nice ! My antagonists won't be skeletons but altered/zombie Black Falcons. :wink:

That sounds pretty cool.  I look forward to seeing it. :)

The Kingdom of Faermoore

oxH1OB6.png

Geography
Directly above Hislith and Ankora lies the Faermoore Mountains. These mountains are home to both the Gnomes and the Dwarfs. The climate in the mountains make living outside very difficult. Because of this, the Dwarfs and Gnomes live deep inside of the mountain. Faermoore is home to large deposits of ores, making it a center for metalworking and blacksmithing. The mountain also contains a very hot core, which keeps the capital city, Drakkenheim, very warm. The flora and fauna of the mountains are cold resistant and provided plenty of natural resources which are unique to the mountains. Various rams, deer, bears, and wolves make the mountains a prime location for hunting. Other creatures such as elementals, giants, and crags can also be seen wandering in the coldest parts of the mountain.

Economy
Faermoore's primary resource is the ore that lies deep within the mountains. Because of this, they excel in blacksmithing, jewelry crafting, and mining. Along with the resources of the mountains, dwarven breweries are well known throughout the west as they make the best alcohol in the western continent. Some would even say it beats Nordic mead and ale.

History
1E01: Magestones erupt in Faermoore caverns, awakening powerful golems, which forced the dwarves to retreat to the upper mines.
1E02: The capital city, Drakkenheim, is constructed under the leadership of Gillem Hawkwind; Drakkenheim also begins to send expeditions to form villages outside of the mines.
1E04: Within 2 years, the villages of Haven, Frost Peak, and Sergum are established; Gillem also unifies the dwarf clans into one single clan.
1E05: The expeditions continue which lead to the 1st contact with the gnomes of Faermoore; an alliance is forged by Gillem Hawkwind and Iuyn Farstrider, leader of the gnomes; the gnomes move to Drakkenheim bringing gnome inventions and engineering to the dwarves. 
1E06: Ankora Natus and a contingent of the Dakerion Rebellion flee into Faermoore; she attempts to persuade the rulers of Faermoore to aid the Rebellion; during this same year Hawkwind forms the Council of Faermoore, which is made of nine different gnome advisors.
1E07: Hawkwind sends an advanced contingent of soldiers to aid the Rebellion; war in Eastern Dakerion begins.
1E10: Following the Battle of Rivvenguard, the dwarfs return to Faermoore; after returning, the dwarfs and gnomes enter into a massive period of construction.
1E11-1E22: Magestone Construction period begins. New uses for the magestones, mined from the mountain, arise.
1E22: With the use of gnome constructs and dwarf siege tanks, they begin to spread out into the deep mountains; towards mid-year, ancient ruins of an unknown civilization are discovered.
1E24: The ancient city awakens, unleashing an old army of ice elementals into the mountains.
1E27: Hawkwind and an elite group of gnomes and dwarfs make a dangerous trek into the deep mountains; they return to the ancient city and seal away the ice elemental's leader, Volmarren. Unfortunately, Hawkwind is slain in battle.
1E28: Hawkwind's forces return with his helmet and a story of great battle; Gillem's son, Giles Hawkwind becomes the next king; in honor of his father, Giles forms Hawkwind's Guard, an elite group of dwarf warriors, formed to protect the king.
1E30: An emissary of Ankora requests King Hawkwind's aid against the troll and orc war bands at Veracross; the King reluctantly agrees and sends an army of five hundred to assist
1E34: King Natus of Ankora travels to Faermoore and requests further assistance against the war band; the Council of Faermoore come to a unanimous decision to assist King Natus; within the year, constructs and siege tanks are sent to further assist in the battle.
1E42: Gnome mages join the battle, hoping to counter troll shamans; during this year, the war band gains the upper hand.
1E43: First contact with the Avarian Elves; a temporary alliance is formed between man, elf, and dwarf.
1E48: The troll general is slain and the war band is forced to leave Veracross Isle.
1E49: In the elven city of Fallgrad, Giles Hawkwind, the Council of Faermoore, James Natus, and Syven Justinian form the Fallgrad Alliance.
1E50: Second meeting among the rulers to establish trade agreements and tactics amongst the Fallgrad Alliance.
2E00: A 2nd expedition is sent into the deep mountains; ancient runes are discovered, linking to a buried treasure in the world.
2E05: After years of study, the dwarfs reveal a location called, "Titan's Bane" ; they address the Arcane Council and are given the needed supplies to make the journey.
2E06-2E12: Titan's Bane: First Expedition
2E20: The 1st expedition returns with several runic tablets; the tablets bring greater advances to dwarven runesmithing; towards the end of the year, gnome constructs become altered and attack the city.
2E21: Construct Rebellion emerges with the death of Giles Hawkwind at the hands of the gnome, Eilum Wizzlefiz.
2E21-2E25: Construct Rebellion.
2E25: Eilum Wizzlefiz is killed by Ivan Stonebeard and Hawkwind's Guard; the constructs return to a normal state in the city; Ivan Stonebeard is also made king for his heroics.
2E25-2E40: Reconstruction of Drakkenheim begins; major improvements are made in the city and a new mining tunnel is made into the heart of Faermoore.
2E42: Kantus Valley Fortress is set up in Eastern Faermoore to guard the sea entrance; the Kingdom of Ankora also stations a garrison of soldiers at the fortress.
2E45: More runic tablets are deciphered, further pushing the power of runesmithing; Council of Faermoore becomes worried with the news regarding the 2nd Ankoran expedition.
2E50: Dwarves are ambushed at Frostbrim Bay; the dwarves are obliterated; one survives bearing the emblem of the Dread Army.
3E00-3E31: Deadlock of Kantus valley; In 3E12, King Stonebeard dies in battle; with no heir, the Council of Faermoore takes control.
3E31: The town of Haysborough falls in Northern Ankora, but with the aid of the former Dread Commander, Kain Talon, the Dread Army is pushed back to Kantus Valley.
3E33-3E35: Dwarf and gnome forces back the elves and humans at Gutterstone port in Ankora; Gutterstone is eventually retaken.
3E35-3E40: The council of Faermoore starts mobilizing the Grand Army of Faermoore; the Council also begins to aid the Arcane Council's research in hope of finding a way into the Dark Terrace; Armenik Bronzebeard is appointed King of Faermoore.
3E43: King Bronzebeard authorizes the creation of the Thunder Gunners.
3E45: Micisoni Bronzebeard, the King's brother, departs from Faermoore with Kain Talon, Fenix Vae, and Mongo Blackheart to find the artifact needed to enter the Dark Terrace.

----
Units

dsc05791.jpg

Dwarven Axemen (25 units)
- These units are the primary fighters of Faermoore's army. Each unit comes armed with a battleaxe and shield and a full set of plate mail. While they are not known for their speed, their ferocity in battle is unmatched among the Fallgarad Alliance. Their sturdiness also makes them excellent at defense

dsc05792.jpg

When designing these guys, I really wanted to have the typical, axe-wielding dwarf. However, I needed them to carry a nice armored look, so I primarily relied on the LotR dwarfs to provide this. Helmets and weapons are from Brickforge; I managed to grab these for virtually nothing thanks to the 30 under $.30 monthly sale (seriously, keep an eye out for some awesome items).

dsc05793.jpg

Dwarf Thunderers (25 units)
- Several facts are well known about the dwarves. One of them happens to be that they like booms. These units are a testament to that fact. Thunderers typically sit near the front lines, and they pack a big punch. Armed with blunderbusses with axe bayonets, they can quickly put down heavily armored targets, allowing for the rest of the front line to finish them off. Thunderers are masters with their weapons, and do not choke, even in the heat of battle. They are also quite nimble, allowing them to re-position themselves in the battle as soon as possible.

dsc05794.jpg

- If you know me, you know I'm a huge fan of Warcraft. I love the idea of black powder in fantasy (when done correctly), and decided that the dwarves needed it. The blunderbuss is from BrickWarriors. I upgraded them with a TLG axe head, which allows the Thunderers to still be able to fight in close quarters. Seeing as how they needed to move quickly, I decided on a lighter armored chest piece then added dark red arms to continue to represent faction colors. The beard on the far left Thunderer is from Brickforge. For those looking for alternate dwarf beards, they have a good selection and they are great for mixing it up.

dsc05795.jpg

Dwarf Pistoleers (25 units)
- If Thunderers were meant to punch holes in armor up close then Pistoleers were meant to take out lighter targets. These units are armed with dwarf flintlocks and small pike shields. Ideally, Pistoleers are meant to be the answer to bows and crossbows (although their range is significantly reduced). Similar to Thunderers, they are light armored and fairly mobile units. A combined group of Pistoleers and Thunderers can turn charging armies into piles of bodies real quickly.

dsc05796.jpg

dsc05797.jpg

- Following the same style as the Thunderers, Pistoleers also have axe bayonets on their flintlocks. In addition, I used the basic radar dish, combined with a harpoon to create a small, spike buckler for them, just to make close range fights a more survivable. However, the main area where these guys stick out is their unique torso. Huge props to Saber-Scorpion for creating yet another fantastic decal to make Faermoore's army stand out! The emblem for the tabard comes from the CMF Evil Dwarf's belt.

dsc05798.jpg

Dwarf Sentinels (25 units)
- Despite the love of big booms, to many armies, the Sentinels are the most dangerous part of their army. Armed with pikes, tower shields, and the heaviest variant of plate armor, these dwarfs are the front line of any army. Their shield wall tactics allow them to block most frontal charges, while their pikes do most of the work. Their formation only splits, long enough for the Thunderers and Pistoleers to take shots at incoming attackers. Once they finish, the gaps close, and they take out the rest.

dsc05799.jpg

- This was a real tough choice to make. I wanted a division of spearmen, but I needed them to look more armored than the typical melee unit. Unfortunately, no one has come up with armor that allows big, dwarfy beards. Furthermore, with the limited number of helmets that work with beards, I decided on the full armor look, with no beard showing. The shield was also an interesting choice. I wanted to find something that could protect them, but not look ridiculously huge. After much time looking at shields, I decided on the BrickWarriors Pavise Shield. Overall, I think they look quite fearsome, but don't be surprised if they look different one day.

dsc05800.jpg

Dwarf Scouts (25 units)
- These are the fastest dwarves of Faermoore's army. They are generally deployed prior to battles, with the primary goal of determining the enemy's strength. Their secondary objective is to lay traps on the field, and set up positions of power before the battle begins. They are given packs full of traps, shovels, pickaxes, hatchets, and war axes to help them accomplish their tasks. Once the battle starts, they rely on their traps, and are usually used to flank ensnared opponents.

dsc05801.jpg

dsc05802.jpg

- Rather than have the typical scout, I decided that the army of Faermoore needed a unit that could provide a lot of utility. These guys are capable of fighting, but they really work well before battles start. It was an odd choice, but one that I was willing to make, just to add some more variety to this army. The knapsack is the British Knapsack from BrickWarriors. The small hatchet is the Hatchet from Brickforge. The shovels are also from Brickforge as well. Again, I swapped out arms to continue to have them represent faction colors.

dsc05803.jpg

Dwarf Berserkers (25 units)
- They are commonly referred to as the, "Madmen of Faermoore." These dwarfs have no fear of death, and have a will of iron. Their bodies are magically enhanced with runes of stoneskin, magic skin, heat skin, and cold skin. They rush into battle swinging axe and mace feroiciously, tearing down targets, both big and small. They will never rout, choosing to fight till they draw their last breath. Only those who are born with the will of iron are accepted into their ranks. Though their casualties are typically high, the stories of their battles travel far throughout the kingdom, making them some of the most revered dwarfs.

dsc05804.jpg

- Believe it or not, these guys were not suppose to have helmets. They were originally intended to have mohawks and Brickforge ponytails. However, given my bad luck at finding them, I settled on TLG viking helmets with BrickWarriors Curved Horns. Everyone of them needed two powerful weapons, so I grabbed a Battle Axe and War Hammer from BrickWarriors. After all, if they are going to be running into battle, they might as well have the best in weaponry.

That does it for the regulars.

Now, onto the really interesting part of the army...

Special Units

dsc05805.jpg

Dwarf Battle Maidens (10 units + 1 leader)
- While women do fight in Faermoore's army, their visibility is generally pretty low. However, for those that are exceptional fighters, they are called to the Battle Maidens. Battle Maidens have the ability to lead regiments of troops and they also serve as the personal guard for the Dwarf Queen. Each one is armed with a halberd and tower shield. These women are given the highest honors by the troops and they are equally as fierce as the forces they command.

dsc05806.jpg

- Commanding the Battle Maidens is none other than Queen Isilien Bronzebeard. She is equipped with the Crown of the Queen, the Aegis of the Faermoore, and the Emerald Smasher. Long has she ruled beside her husband King Armenik Bronzebeard. She is a kind queen, but a fierce warrior. Emerald Smasher was a gift from the Avarian elves. The mace is reinforced with tough emeralds that do not crack, meaning the weapon will never break. The amount of strength needed to wield it is a testament to the might of the Dwarf Queen.

dsc05807.jpg

- I love the idea of female fighters. And female, dwarf fighters are no exception. They needed to be battle ready, and revered among Faermoore. I decided on a more royal look for them, just to make them stand out. The CMF Goddess torso was perfect! Adding the winged CMF Winged Warrior helmet and the Chima gold armor allowed me to make them look ascended. Overall, I like them. Castle/Fantasy needs some more female warriors!

dsc05808.jpg

Hawkwind's Guard (10 units + 1 leader)
- Hawkwind's Guard is the most elite unit of the Faermoore army. These dwarfs are armed with specially forged armor and powerful, two-handed War Hammers. In order to be in Hawkwind's Guard, a dwarf must have proven themselves in battle countless times. They must also pass a certain set of tests, proving that they are worthy to carry the name of Hawkwind's Guard. Those that succeed, stand among some of the greatest dwarfs. In addition to being the most elite unit, they also serve as the royal guard to the king. It is not uncommon to see them working closely with the Battle Maidens.

dsc05809.jpg

- The active battle master of Hawkwind's Guard is Bolfir Ebonbeard. Over the years, Bolfir has proven is valor in battle time and time again. He also serves as the king's closest war adviser (other than the Queen). Having been a veteran of the Dread War, Bolfir is well known for his short fuse and anger. Despite this, his anger proves to be his most valuable tool, allowing him to fuel his ferocity in battle.

dsc05810.jpg

- Since the arrival of the CMF Evil Dwarf, I always knew that this was going to be the look for Hawkwind's Guard. Their only additions are the pearl, dark gray, spiked shoulders and BrickWarriors War Hammers. As for Bolfir, he has a custom face, Brickforge Dwarf Beard, BrickWarriors War Hammer, and a cut up cloth piece from TLG. Yes, he's a black dwarf. They exist in my world because they typically don't exist in any other world (but that's a topic of discussion for another day).

dsc05811.jpg

Dwarf Thunder Gunners (10 units)
- As the newest unit in the Faermoore army, Thunder Gunners have begun to prove their effectiveness in battle. Their rifles are called thunder guns. These guns utilizes a magestone power source which, when triggered, emit a powerful force, capable of sending objects and people across the battle field (think of the Force Gun from Dead Space). At close range, the thunder gun's force is powerful enough to crush even the largest and heaviest armored of foes. At longer distances, it possesses the ability to push people across fields, which can easily break up battle lines and slow enemies down.

dsc05812.jpg

- These guys are primarily an inspiration from the table top game Mage Knights. I have always liked the idea of magic based technology, and this is how the dwarves do magic tech. They are armed with BrickWarriors Steampunk Rifles. Their armor consists of Brickforge Silver Vambraces (these things sell quickly) and Brickforge Utility Belts with the Lightning Lens Cap piece. They turned out perfectly, and I love having them.

dsc05813.jpg

Dwarf Rune Lords (10 units + 1 leader)
- Dwarf Rune Lords all hail from Clan Greybeard. Only the Greybeards may utilize runic magic. Each rune lord carries a satchel, filled with rune stones, which allows them to cast magic. In addition, their weapons have the ability to apply runes to surfaces, creating traps to destroy opponents. These dwarfs also possess the ability to reinforce standard gear with runes, allowing basic weapons to become powerful, magic weapons. The oldest of Rune Lords is the Rune Master, who is directly responsible for crafting the King's Arms. These dwarfs are also fight at close range, typically reinforcing a buffing nearby units.

dsc05814.jpg

- For many years, Rune Master Cargrim Greybeard has lead the Rune Lords. Since the discovery of runes, he has excelled at his craft and knows just about everything there is to know about runes. He is also responsible for the King's Arms, which are powerful runes of untold power, bestowed upon the weapons of kings. In his offhand, he wields the Scepter of the Greybeards, an ancient artifact which is capable of preserving runes indefinitely (up to two at a time).

dsc05815.jpg

- The Rune Lords needed a mage kind of feel, but at the same time they still needed to be feel dwarfy. I decided a small amount of armor was necessary, so I gave them Brickforge Dwarf Helmets. In addtiion, they were given BrickWarriors War Hammers for close range. I originally planned on having decals with various runes in them for the runestones, but I figured they would be a pain in the @$$ to get on. So, I decided that 1x1 round tiles would have to do.

dsc05816.jpg

Dwarf Lords (10 units)
- The most powerful of dwarfs rise to commanding ranks, and don the best of armor and weaponry to lead their forces into battle. Dwarf Lords are armed with two-handed, frost axes, and are recognized by the reinforced, gold armor they wear. Only those with the most combat experience may rise to these ranks. In addition, they are the only mounted units of Faermoore. Each one must brave the harsh cold and tame a Faermoore ram. Once they are tamed, the ram is brought back and armored up for battle. These trusty mounts never fail them, and are a symbol of status in Faermoore's army.

dsc05817.jpg

dsc05818.jpg

dsc05819.jpg

- While the Dwarf Lord is basically made from all TLG parts the ram is my pride and joy here. For starters, I took inspiration from a LEGO Ideas set that I saw while browsing Google. The design was fairly simple, but gave enough room for me to modify it. The result is the creation above. I added the barding and other metallic bits to create an armored ram. I did not want the dwarfs to have to rely on infantry only. To make their commanders stand out, they needed to be mounted. The ram is slightly bigger than them, and smaller than a horse, making them the perfect riding size. As you can see from the pictures above, the ram also has head, horn, and leg mobility, allowing for the builder to pose the ram. I think they came out pretty darn well!

That's it for the special units. Now, onto the uniques (not including the few shown above)!

dsc05820.jpg

General Loghan Grimbeard
- As the main general for the axemen, General Grimbeard fights alongside his men as he pushes forward in battle. He is quite fearsome, and is known for the high amount of kills he has earned. It is rumored that he keeps the skulls of his victims in his house, but these tales are all fabricated. He is also known for his survivability as well. Many blows which would fell most dwarves, he has survived, making him tough to kill in battle.

dsc05821.jpg

Gunner Commander Leifouldson Brownbeard
- Leifouldson is the active commander for the Pistoleers and Thunderers. His knowledge of multiple terrains and ranged tactics allow him to easily support the other officers. He is known for his calm demeanor, and his ability to think clearly even when outnumbered. Many battles have been won because of the quick thinking of this commander.

dsc05822.jpg

Grand Sentinel Grund Ebonbeard
- As the brother of Bolfir Ebonbeard, Grund is typically compared to his younger brother. Having refused a position in Hawkwind's Guard, Grund leads the Sentinels in the front lines of Faermoore's army. The two frequently argue with each. While Bolfir is far more aggressive, Grund follows turtling tactics, and waits for the enemy to advance, knowing that their shield wall will hold. He is very relaxed and jovial.

dsc05823.jpg

Spymaster Talia Bronzebeard
- The Princess of Faermoore is also the spymaster for the kingdom. She has utilized her scouts so effectively that most battles are won before any dwarfs actually appear on the battle field. Despite her intelligence, she yearns to prove herself and become a Battle Maiden, and often requests to join the battles. However, her father continues to deny, believing she is far too valuable for her intelligence, despite how good her swordsmanship is.

dsc05824.jpg

dsc05825.jpg

dsc05826.jpg

Glarfold Boombringer
- The most renowned berserker in all of Faermoore. Boombringer is the toughest, craziest, most insane dwarf to ever live. He earned the name, "Boombringer," from the time he smashed a live barrel bomb into a crowd of trolls and lived through it. His signature weapon is the experimental, "Boom Hammer!" The Boom Hammer! is a unique melee weapon that works in conjunction with a torch. the back of the hammer is lit, which allows for a fiery hit, which is capable of generating an explosion. The explosion is small enough to not harm the wielder. This weapon ignores armor, and requires an inhuman amount of strength to wield. Faermoore awaits the day for this weapon to go into production.

dsc05827.jpg

dsc05828.jpg

King Armenik Bronzebeard
- 3rd King of Faermoore, Armenik Bronzebeard has ruled since the Dread War and has become a force to be reckoned with. Wielding the Twin Greataxes of the Mountain, the King frequently leads his forces during the war, alongside the Queen. As King, he is slow to action, but when he makes his move the earth shakes. Known for being a wise ruler, he often provides great council to the Fallgrad Alliance and offers ideas which frequently elude the Kingdom of Avaria and Ankora. Faermoore thrives under his rule, and looks forward to his reign.

----

Holy cow, that's a post!

Well folks...

dsc05829.jpg

2/4 armies of the Fallgrad Alliance have been made. Here is the quick unit breakdown for Faermoore (uniques not included):

25x Axemen
25x Thunderers
25x Pistoleers
25x Sentinels
25x Scouts
25x Berserkers
10x Battle Maidens
10x Hawkwind's Guard
10x Rune Lords
10x Thunder Gunners
10x Dwarf Lords

200 Units Total
400 Units Total for the Fallgrad Alliance.

Hope you enjoyed the army.

As usual
Decals by Saber-Scorpion.
C&C is always welcome and appreciated!!!

:classic:

That's one awesome army. I love the dwarves, so seeing a massive army is always cool! Would have been nice to get an overview picture, with all the warriors in one picture. But very cool!

On 14/03/2016 at 5:23 PM, Angeli said:

Amazing. how many minifigures are there? I estimate from 600-700. I'm building a slightly smaller army of 500 men. It will be GoT inspired. Will post soon. Awesome army right there. 

On 19/02/2017 at 9:33 PM, Nightstalker said:

And so you have an overview! The Kingdom of Ankora and The Kingdom of Faermoore.

Fantastic job!!!!! Love the different regiments/divisions of your armies!!!!!

Ive posted earlier (maybe 2 years ago) a few of my armies, but since have changed them quite a bit. right now, I'm using  GoT inspired themes, using factions as the Greyjoys, helmed by Euron Crow's Eye (with 3 ships, tho Im sure two of them wont be liked much), the Golden Company led by Aegon VI, a Dragon/Targaryen faction led Daenerys (with 3 dragons), and of course, the One True King, Stannis leading an army composed of his household Dragonstone knights, Stormlander knights and pikemen, mercenaries from the Free Cities (pikemen and axemen), Tully heavy pikemen, Freeriders from the Free Cities, House Ryswell (Stark vassals) Halberdiers, House Stark and northern bowmen, two siege towers and 7 catapults to reclaim Storm's End from the usurper Aegon VI.   

Edited by Peppermint_M
Massive photo quotes.

On 5/20/2015 at 6:48 PM, LegoFanfromPR said:

My armies are complete at last. The showdown is inevitable. The Emperor and three other kings will join forces to stop the Dragon King once and for all. But will their combined might be enough to vanquish the Lord of the Dragons?

17291164933_4d02027d3b_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173511733[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17291194523_c64256a38d_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173609423[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17911917785_515b7a2b84_c.jpgIMG_20150517_202835717[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17912251331_1949ecc4f4_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173616759[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17885509276_eedb56a105_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173943950[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17885322996_a2efb5312a_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173855692[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17912432961_f441edc26b_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173952800[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17912294361_51fbe19929_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173934129[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17289275084_de68773a61_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173807301[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17912311141_96944aa669_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173744861[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17289187094_8e77a9c5a9_c.jpgIMG_20150517_202853127[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17911805205_5bb5fea38e_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173828819[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17911831725_5b7d922d9a_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173803427[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

17912112955_61991cc1b8_c.jpgIMG_20150520_173909941[1] by Jose Rosario, on Flickr

A view of my earlier armies.

I don't know, friend, but originally there should be 1000 of them, I think not all where made for picture

But,on a larger scale, they are part of 12x4 diorma with 4m tall castle, pouring from the gate, disperzin to a nice possition for a photo - and, there will be 10.000 of soldiers, once I;ve got lugbulk order :)

Also note that 10000 soldiers will need at least 12x6 of terrain to disperse, but I am counting on a "wow" effect on events, together with a 4m tall tower, with a lot of details an sorrounding walls (in my style)

Wat I would really like are 1000 old style SW troopers, but they are way too expensive :)

Hi everyone!

I would like to post my castle army (only 200 guys, nothing compared to some of Yours...). I took quite a lot of time to complete it and I've even created a kind of a simple lore or a storyline concerning them. I took also care to put a "commander" and a bannerman for each squad.

32609046653_dc5205162c_b.jpg

There is a mighty kingdom of Darazon with their famous pikeman line that is coverning a crossbowman formation. Their national colours are king's gold and red that represents courage and war. Their symbol is a lion that is king Lorran's emblem. Next to the army are standing: the king, a general and their bodyguard.

33382717016_eec3cc64ae_n.jpg 33267518412_9abf2071e9_n.jpg 32608920833_7721217979_n.jpg 33423229185_d361a92538_n.jpg

Nonetheless, the mighty kingdom is no more as mighty as it was before... A long war with Nakarrack at their nothern border had weakened ranks of royal army.

Nakarrack is a land ruled by lord Stephan. Their army is in greatest part composed of the heavy infantry and hallabards. Their colour is green being the colour of the green dragon - a mythical beast that defended once their land from Darazon's aggresion and destroyed their army. Green dragon is also their emblem.

32608918753_907906f15d_n.jpg 33040144750_8f5d9a42ec_n.jpg 33267516202_e131045488_n.jpg 33294816831_a38a34a0c9_n.jpg 33294816241_c751d5f3ee_n.jpg

This is not the only one probable thread to the kingdom of Darazon. At their Western border is located a large forest habited by Dark Elves ruled by Findan. They are an aggresive nation determined to defend their home and started lately to doing soe raids on Lion's kingdom and they are mabe preparing a bigger invasion in order to get rid of humans.

Their color is a pure dark green and their emblem is a deer representing the people of the Forest and gold for their might and superiority over other races. Their army is composed of longbow archers and axeman.

33423220515_59c4c80bc9_n.jpg 33382708336_2152bbeb3f_n.jpg 32580484054_96bd7eabb4_n.jpg 33294815741_4d70a61405_n.jpg

In order to safe the dying kingdom, king Lorran calls for help his vassals and especially Martin, a young prince ruling the land of Alsenia situated on the eastern border of Darazon.

Their colours are: gold for their loyalty to the king and blue for their courage. Their emblem is a crown, once again representing their will of support their king.

Alsenians have a large, well disciplined and trained force because of their past war against barbarian raiders coming from besides Midden sea, on the southern border. Their army is composed of light archers supported by medium sword infantry and heavy cavalry armed with lances and longswords.

32608920133_e7ac4748ab_n.jpg 33267517472_d857079c50_n.jpg 32608919563_a3bd79e404_n.jpg 33267517182_b5b2eff318_n.jpg 33423224445_60a8e902ac_n.jpg

There is also a final thread: rebellion. Lorran's pesants have rebelled themselves against their king. Their colour is red for a revolution. They don't have any emblem yet. They are led by two men. Camil (on the left) and Derrick (on the right).

32608912063_6fcb6939d2_n.jpg

Their forces are mostly composed of armed pesants and deserters.

33267513012_5f40c76467_n.jpg 33267512162_f7d183bf95_n.jpg

And finally: here they are during an attack:

32608913723_7675387d56_n.jpg 32608910943_4de087c742_n.jpg 32608911503_9564f3bcaf_n.jpg 32608913523_9a111f32f8_n.jpg

B.O.N.U.S.

Remember these guys? I loved them... and i still do. Their shields are amazing! I took me a week to find them all!

33040145940_de56dc9de3_n.jpg 32608910313_283947e6fa_n.jpg 32608909523_0ff2068aa0_n.jpg 32608909183_0cab5e22ac_n.jpg 32580478484_0640ca0d10_n.jpg

I You want some more photos check my GALLERY on Flikr.

@jakbar Neat army, man! Good in size, and diverse. The rebellion faction is my favorite, by far! :thumbup: Derrick is an awesome figure (maybe sigfig material for GoH? :wink:

18 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Neat army, man! Good in size, and diverse. The rebellion faction is my favorite, by far!

Thak You. I like the rebels too.

18 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Derrick is an awesome figure (maybe sigfig material for GoH? :wink:

Good idea I don't think that I am ready for it now but I may try It in few months.

Some of my Lion army soldiers, red vs blue. Who shall stand above the other?

medieval1.jpg                                medieval3.jpg

medieval4.jpg  medieval5.jpg

medieval6.jpg  medieval2.jpg

medieval8.jpg    medieval9.jpg

I have seen so many great and huge armies I wanted to share my troops into the fray also. :)

Edited by Niku

I don't think I even posted my castle army here... and if I did, here's an update to it.  These are troops loyal to sir Kejtar (guy in the middle of the top pic)

Altogether 46 mounted and 48 foot soldiers 

33287622320_dccb50424f.jpg

33542399311_d949a74785.jpg

32858644323_894211738a.jpg

33515303102_b28de19be5.jpg

33631079206_01cb7207e5.jpg

33631076966_c64c52f0be.jpg

32858645703_1e0c8f38b5.jpg

33515290642_9fba37b7a1.jpg
33631075706_0dbb2d4233.jpgP.S. These were very hard to take with (due to) the help of my three year old...

Edited by Ludzik

Great Elves Wardancer! The torsos work well, as do the LotR helms. I like the sword as one of the better options available, but we could really use a lighter Elven blade from TLG or one of the 3rd parties IMO.

my rohan army :

34572039555_4741ce67d4_h.jpgIMG_20170331_121045 by richchie, on Flickr

also I finished elves and gondor defending the mountain pass  :

34429202030_4ae379adda_k.jpg1 by richchie, on Flickr

34815476515_1cfa586ac1_k.jpg4 by richchie, on Flickr

I posted the orcs army here in the past, but just one picture to remind with who my good armies will fight :

23582137443_44ce8b0793_h.jpg1 by richchie, on Flickr

I also have 21 warg riders but i do not have terain to display them like the other armies, so the picture of wargs riders will be post here in future :-)

Edited by richchie

@Nightstalker

Your army is mindblowingly impressive! But the thing i like the most about it is, that you created a whole history (and i presume world?) around it.

I also live Wardancers elven Army, both of you created very high quality and really creative fantasy armies (this applies to basically everyone who posted his stuff here)! I can't wait to start building my own Fantasy themed stuff!

Edited by Murrig Icehammer

Just a few Serpent cultist dwarves:

33923890533_7a810130ef_z.jpg

Jup, mostly Ninjago parts! :wink:

On 2017-3-21 at 11:48 PM, Niku said:

Some of my Lion army soldiers, red vs blue. Who shall stand above the other?
-snip-

I have seen so many great and huge armies I wanted to share my troops into the fray also. :)

Awesome army, but the presentation takes the cake! Love your dynamic fig posing, cool landscape, too!

Richchie, that is a giant Lotr collection and I really like the baseplate setup.

Exetrius, thank you for bringing those Ninjago pieces to my attention. This year's Ninjago sets are excellent for fantasy army building!

Hey guys! New user here. Been browsing this post for the past few months. Finally decided to upload some of my "armies."

Still in the acquiring stage.

EDIT: Please give me any advice/criticism you feel is necessary. All of these armies are still in early building stages! I am open to any advice from those of you who are more experienced.

EDIT 2: Removed some violations/added some updates

----------------------------------

Crownies

They were my first attempt at making the army of Gondor in 2008, since then I decided to focus on the Crownie army as both a medieval and LoTR army. Still working on building this army. I plan to acquire around 20 more spearmen and 15 more archers within the year, and after that add some heavy cavalry. 

36005522086_c19901ce4a_b.jpgCrownies by ZhaoPao, on Flickr

5 swordsmen

10 spearmen

5 archers

1 captain

Orcs 

35207588014_ccf24bd25c_b.jpgOrcs 1 by ZhaoPao, on Flickr

36005522196_10e19724e4_b.jpgOrcs 2 by ZhaoPao, on Flickr

47 Orcs, two large trolls, 1 orc leader (second picture)

Black Legion 

Made these guys up yesterday, the general idea is that they are a collection of ancient heroes/powerful beings who have allied together. They ally with whoever they want.

35207587834_72d3739756_b.jpgBlack Legion by ZhaoPao, on Flickr

36005821346_34933db83a_b.jpgIMG_4963 by ZhaoPao, on Flickr

Vikings/Barbarians/Cannon Fodder

Created these guys yesterday. They're currently in pre-alpha stage. An assortment of nomadic warriors and villagers led by the veteran Viking Lord (gold helmet).

36065797825_6a43576056_b.jpgViking Army by ZhaoPao, on Flickr

~40 warriors

Edited by Jeebus
advice, removal of violation