Sign in to follow this  
Zarkan

6280 Armada Flagship MOD

indexed.gif 65d

Argh, me mateys! :pir-devil: In anticipation of the new Pirates line coming out next year, I decided to fix up my Armada Flagship to modern standards. This is the only Pirates kit that I currently own, and its not exactly the cream of the crop - so I went all out in improving every area of it. I'm hoping I can get Brickbeard's ship in 2009 to display along with this mod. Let's take a look!

Here's a general view of the ship. As you can see, basically everything is different from the original kit, aside from the configuration of the sails. I've built up the hull and given it a real deck and cabin.

100_1542.jpg

Frontal view, showing off the figurhead and the beautiful but slightly wrinkled sail.

100_1543.jpg

Next, a view of the top deck of the ship (is this called the stern? I'm not too familiar with nautical terms). This is fairly close to the original, except that it has two lanterns and doesn't have the annoying colapsing sail in the original.

100_1544.jpg

A view of the hatch that leads to below deck. Yes, there is an interior down there, although I'm not sure if it could fit actual minifigures. You can see the ladder leading down, and the yellow thing in the corner is one of two hamocks I squeezed in. There's no cannons currently, as I don't have nearly enough to fill up all four spots.

100_1545.jpg

The captain's quarters! This is a fairly nice room, with a desk and chair, a map, an ink pot, a globe, and a candle (it's left of the bottom stair).

100_1549.jpg

Finally, the back of the ship. Aside from the sails, this is probably the least modified part of the ship.

100_1550.jpg

Well, that's all! Considering that I'm not used to building with Pirates style ships, I think my mod came out very well. Comments and questions are appreciated! :pir-wink:

This mod certainly makes the Armada Flagship more grown up. I say give it some small custom guns in case it encounters a bunch of pirates. Now for the new pirates sets, I would love to see another Armada ship, maybe during the 2nd wave of sets. Preferable a bigger one than the original version.

Preferable a bigger one than the original version.

Or, rather than just a bigger flagship, about a whole Armada for it to command! Now that would be cool. Nice ship. I love the entrance to the cabin and the deck. There could perhaps be a bit more ornamentation on the stern, but otherwise this is fantastic. Well done. :thumbup:

nice mod, now it s a big flagship ! it fit well with the original 6280 to form a little fleet , but it don't really look like it anymore, it s way bigger ^^ It ll be nice to see theoriginal and the mod standing close to each other, but I don t think you have 2 of these ^^ as you said that s your first pirate moc ^^

Good design! But I have a comment,can you iron the sails? Because I think the sail is the most important part of a ship. By making them become flat, the ship will look better.

Good job.

The continuation of the hull is very impressive - it looks waaaay bigger now! Just add in a few cannon to the deck, and you're all set :thumbup:

I can only question the green elements - I understand you're continuing the original colour scheme, but either no green or more may look better, as currently it's a bit sparse :pir-wink: