Sign in to follow this  
Lord King of Everything

Die for the King!

Thanks everyone for the positive comments!

I made a brickshelf account and uploaded most of the detailed pictures on a shelf.

It is not public yet? So should I just wait for the brickshelf moderators or should I change some settings myself too?

The only niggle I have is the cannon fire exploding on the ship. The cannonball hasn't actually hit anything, yet it's exploding! The flames would look better starting closer together, so it looks more like an explosion, and less "wispy".

Yeah, maybe you are right, I have never really used the flames pieces before for anything else besides torches and dragonbreath, so I am not so experienced in making fire.

Great work on the SNOT water. Often SNOT water lacks detail, but yours certainly doesn't. Like I said before, Kahuka's pet is perfect.

I also think you did well with the waves.

I am glad you like it, I have no blue piece with a flat surface left anymore...

These are great improvements. I like that you added more minifigs onto your ship and the island you have created is great!

Now that it's finished I will offer a complete review of your entry, which is absolutely stunning. Definitely one of my favorites. The cliff is spectacular; the moss and ingenious rock formations make look eerily realistic. The ship is equally amazing, I can't believe how awesome it looks! The skull on thae back, the custom sails, and the sheer architecture of it makes this creation a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. It could take me hours to talk about every detail in this, but almost everything is perfect... the beach, the water, the rocks, the cliffs, the vegetation, the islander sage the complex battle on board, the sharks leaping from the water, the kracken... every little detail that you've put into this MOC amazes me.

What could be improved:

Not much at all, but I think that the splashing water from the sharks and kracken would look better as trans-clear bricks rather than white ones.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations on making such a fantastic entry, Lord King of Everything. Although I doubt you'll need it, I wish you good luck on the contest. :pir-wub:

You just have to wait for the Brickshelf mods to approve it.

It normally doesn't take more than a few hours.

What could be improved:

Not much at all, but I think that the splashing water from the sharks and kracken would look better as trans-clear bricks rather than white ones.

I agree with you, the problem is I have no trans-clear bricks. Even with a little blue added in would make it look better, but I ran out of those too, so white was all I could manage :pir-hmpf_bad:

You just have to wait for the Brickshelf mods to approve it.

I think it is working now. Thanks!

Edited by Lord King of Everything

Wow there is going to be some stiff competition for the first prize in the large catergory!I love the whole skeleton theme on the ship also and think it looks great!Since I couldnt make anything half as good as this I wont even try to be a critic!Looking forward to the completed Diorama!

OK, this truly is a very nice entry, and I think you stand a real chanche of actually winning the PTV competition in this division, still, there are some other great entries!

I wish you the best of luck!

Wow there is going to be some stiff competition for the first prize in the large catergory!I love the whole skeleton theme on the ship also and think it looks great!Since I couldnt make anything half as good as this I wont even try to be a critic!Looking forward to the completed Diorama!

Josh, the completed diorama is already posted. If I had more bricks I would have continued on the other side of the ship and build some more sea/cliffs, but this is not the case. And don't be so sure you can't build something like this, just look around on the Eurobricks forum long enough and you will see a lot of interesting techniques or concepts for which are applicable on your own brick collection and thus might give you the drive to try it yourself!

OK, this truly is a very nice entry, and I think you stand a real chance of actually winning the PTV competition in this division, still, there are some other great entries!

I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks zorro! I think there are a lot of jaw dropping entries too and probably more to come.

OOPS!Sorry about that mate some reason I must have missed that post when reading through the thread!This and the king neptunes rock one are easily my favourites they are both well executed and very imaginative IMO!Your right there is so many great builders here to learn from I should be able to make something like this! Even if it does take me 5 times as long to do so LOL!All the differnet techniques used is amazing to say the least I never new you could manipulate lego so much !

Edited by Josh

This set was well built but the title dosent make sence.Its says die for the king but their is no king there and where did the soldiers come from. Apperantly its a pirate island and a pirate ship.But accept from the title its good. I give it a 5 out of 5.

This set was well built but the title dosent make sence.Its says die for the king but their is no king there and where did the soldiers come from. Apperantly its a pirate island and a pirate ship.But accept from the title its good. I give it a 5 out of 5.

Hi, well I wrote a little story to go with it explaining what is happening, but maybe it was not clear enough. It is indeed a pirate ship, but the island is not a pirate island. It is an island owned by a native king. The pirates are allowed to store their treasure on the island in exchange for sacrificing people for that native king (this is where the title comes from). The current batch of people to be sacrified tries to escape (the soldiers).

OOPS!Sorry about that mate some reason I must have missed that post when reading through the thread!This and the king neptunes rock one are easily my favourites they are both well executed and very imaginative IMO!Your right there is so many great builders here to learn from I should be able to make something like this! Even if it does take me 5 times as long to do so LOL!All the differnet techniques used is amazing to say the least I never new you could manipulate lego so much !

Haha don't worry, this is actually my first MOC since I stopped playing with Lego at the age of 15, so it did take me quite a while. Before i even tried though, i sorted and cleaned all my bricks, otherwise it will be difficul to complete something you start on, as you will always be tempted to use up all the coolest/usefull bricks in the first few things, without noticing they are running out.

Hi, well I wrote a little story to go with it explaining what is happening, but maybe it was not clear enough. It is indeed a pirate ship, but the island is not a pirate island. It is an island owned by a native king. The pirates are allowed to store their treasure on the island in exchange for sacrificing people for that native king (this is where the title comes from). The current batch of people to be sacrified tries to escape (the soldiers).

Haha don't worry, this is actually my first MOC since I stopped playing with Lego at the age of 15, so it did take me quite a while. Before i even tried though, i sorted and cleaned all my bricks, otherwise it will be difficul to complete something you start on, as you will always be tempted to use up all the coolest/usefull bricks in the first few things, without noticing they are running out.

Cool well you really are very good at it then!Youmust have made some mad stuff when you were younger!I got the title by the way!

Wow! The ship is really huge and full of nice "skeletal" details. The seamouth is quite horrific, I don't want be at the place of these poor soldiers :pir_bawling:

But I think that a picture of your lovely beach/coast is missing in your selection pics, because you made a wonderful job on this too.

Wow! The ship is really huge and full of nice "skeletal" details. The seamouth is quite horrific, I don't want be at the place of these poor soldiers :pir_bawling:

But I think that a picture of your lovely beach/coast is missing in your selection pics, because you made a wonderful job on this too.

Thanks! It is hard to pick good pictures to show. I wanted to have one overview picture, a picture showing the front of the ship, one showing the back, one pciture of the escape taking place, one of the soldier walking the plank and one reserve picture. I used that for the explosion as it couldn't be 'seen' on any of the other pics. The beach was not something I was really proud of as I really lack tan pieces. All the tan pieces in the beach came from the Harry Potter ship.

Next time I build a MOC of which pictures have to be taken I have to think in advance on how to setup everything so that it will be easier to photgraph.

All I need to say is YOU HAVE PUT A LOT OF WORK INTO THIS. Everything is perfect, your monster, ship, land.Good job