Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Witch Hunt Mafia - Day 3

Doth the day start with so much a worry?

We are now in question of what our enemies can do to us! Oh, what stress! Much unfortunate it is that the investigation has failed the past night.

I do hope that our Priest...and the Inquisitor, will guide us correctly to make this town holy again.

I'll tell you what! The witches surely can't block two people at night, so how about you try to kill someone that we all decide upon and Martinus tries to investigate you, and we'll see if either one makes it though? If the kill works, we'll know you did as we asked, if the investigation goes through, we'll know what you are. If both do, it'll be like bingo night at the church. AMEN!

Does that sound like a reasonable test?

That sounds good :thumbup: You truly are wise Father.

Ok for now im pulling back my vote :sceptic:

Unvote: Miguel/Quarryman

It was either revealing and perhaps live, or stay silent and be sure to be condemned. Not a hard choice I think. Everyone was crying out for me to explain, so I did. Lying about what I did the first night would only have hurt my cause.

Am I a witch? No, I'm not. As for being reliable in my actions, I have only performed one action, which isn't enough to determine any reliability. Innocent, yes. Stupid, perhaps. What is certain is that I didn't have much choice this morning except confessing.

Which of course is the difficult part of being on the side of the good guys and have the ability to kill at night. It's damn hard to find a proper target. Especially the first night. But not using a night action is just as bad, or even worse.

It does. So who do you suggest I kill this coming night?

Oh God were all screwed! :cry_sad: Now all the witches know who to block but since we have a investigator & killer I guess they can only block one? But yes like some have said whats the point if they can turn someone every night? :sceptic:

I have a few ideas... :laugh:

No, really, I wouldn't know at this point. I suggest we discuss it as a group and try to come to a logical selection if we can. I'd rather be sure of your loyalties than to simply kill you and find out we removed a valuable weapon from our arsenal.

I agree. :thumbup:

Also what about all the others who arent active? Where have they been?

This is most unfortunate. First of all, I am worried about the witch's night actions. I've suggested, as Miguel has as well, that perhaps the witches can convert souls at night. However, that would be incredibly unfair of God to grant them that action nightly. Even if we were able to vote out one witch per day, a new one would pop up overnight and we'd be outnumbered by witches in no time!

Alexander, I'm surprised we're agreeing so amicably now...you must be a witch! :tongue: I jest with you. However, I think your idea to vote someone for Miguel to kill is disturbing. Surely, the leader of our church can't be encouraging us to break one of the real 10 commandments. We're having trouble coming up with one likely suspect, let alone two.

And...I'm not sure I believe Miguel. Granted, this is close to something that happened to someone in the past. But, what are the chances of it being so close twice? Truly, he could be a vigilante. But he could just as easily be a serial killer or a heretic.

Let me remind you, good sir, that the true commandment is "Thou shalt not murder". That is killing of an innocent, and if it happens that they are a witch, then it is just normal, just killing. Besides, even if it was "Thou shalt not kill", it is better to sin once than let a sin occur many more times. We should not allow a witch to kill us all instead of just killing the witch. But I digress, we have no idea who to kill, and it is almost certainly just.

Oh I am afraid.. I am afraid that the witches may now try to convert our good vigilante, or perhaps he is already converted. Then they will have the ability to kill. Or worse, perhaps they recruited my informant and he is no longer loyal. Oh that would be bad. Anyways, I suppose its best if I say that I did attempt to investigate Miguel. Perhaps then there would be fewer questions, and maybe I would see if our good friend is lying and is actually a bad man. Well, we should decide on who he is to attempt to kill sometime. I got some ideas, personally....

But by the Lord, this is not good. All of our roles are being revealed, because we need to defend ourselves or each other to save a supposed innocent.

Anyways... I just noticed. Mustafa, you also have a cauldron.. damned brewing of potions. Perhaps it can be used for other things, but you also imported a keg of gunpowder! Are you blind or deaf? That can easily be used, good sir... I'll be watching you closely. Hmph!

What is with the sudden increase of odd items? Axes, swords, gunpowder, cauldrens, Witches hats!. What is this? This is madness, thats what this is!

Anyway, My Husband is an attempted murderer!. My goodness! How come he never told me of this! I feel that he's not telling me everything that there is to tell in this situation. Can I still trust him! I dont know....

I doth think that we (all of you) are becoming paranoid. The last thing this towne needs is paranoia. If we let them fill our heads with paranoia, then they will have already won. I do suggest that we remove our paranoia by removing what has been said today. This way, we may start anew!

No, really, I wouldn't know at this point. I suggest we discuss it as a group and try to come to a logical selection if we can. I'd rather be sure of your loyalties than to simply kill you and find out we removed a valuable weapon from our arsenal.

I concur!

Oh, is that the time? I must go clean the house!

Based on his controversial items, perhaps Mustafa is a sort of informant/supplier for the witches? I think that we deserve a bit of an explaination from Mustafa- I want to know more about his buisness.

Hmm... It seems that we are right back where we started. I am thrilled that no one was killed, but unfortunately that doesn't give us any leads...

Charles, please forgive me, but I have nothing to do with Phillip. He is the one interested in me, not the other way around. In other news we have no clues what so ever. We voted off a heretic, no night actions seemed to have worked, and, well, nothing to work on. we know everyone's roles. This certianly is a wierd witch hunt, everythings out in the open, but we still have nothing to go on.

Hmm... It seems that we are right back where we started. I am thrilled that no one was killed, but unfortunately that doesn't give us any leads...

True. I'm afraid it'll be all discussion for today, which gives these vile heretics time to plot against us!

OOC: Uh, what? I made a comment to Tiny Pies about how my trying to look over Joan's shoulder looked like something different, and he played it up as a joke in today's thread.

I am in no way... interested... in Joan, that is, I do not feel a personal affection for Joan. I would never dream of breaking a commendment! Of course, when lust ends, it leads to sin, which then leads to death. No, I do not have any personal affection for Joan other than the fact that I have known Charles and Joan for a bit of time, and they are friends of sorts. I am upset that I must constantly defend myself over a minor misconspetion *cough* Tiny Pius! *cough*, and I really think we should get to more serious matters. I am still waiting for some information from Mustafa, but as well from the Inquisitor and Martinus. What did last night's torturing and investigating (if any) turn up?

I am curious why Mustafa is bringing in all of the witches' accessories. I understand that he has no control over import and export. Can it be a concidence that the items you bring in such as witch hat, gunpowder and etc, to re-supply one's actions. Which means, can it be possible that the killer in night 1, needs to restock the gunpowder and could not do so last night due to lack of ammo....

I will be sending my soldier to keep a watch on your stall... Mustafa, it will be best to submit us the list of patrons at the end of the day.

Based on his controversial items, perhaps Mustafa is a sort of informant/supplier for the witches? I think that we deserve a bit of an explaination from Mustafa- I want to know more about his buisness.

Would that make him a heretic? :look:

It is very suspicous that he's selling all of these evil/dangerous items. Hmm...

Can't forget about good ol' Bernard! I liked him as a person, but his trust in the lord was nonexistent, so let him burn in the fiery bowels of hell! <Insert angel emoticon here>

Edited by Hinckley
stop going out of character, jerk :P

Could there be an outside influence (outside as in not from Mustafa's control) from somebody in this towne?

Hey now, calm down people. Your all becoming quite caught up, and as we saw yesterday, that can lead to irrational decisions. Clear your heads, and think logically, for that is what will get us somewhere, just like it did yesterday in the end, once we started thinking properly.

My good sir, please stop and think for a moment. If I truly was a witch, do you think I, a well educated merchant, would be stupid enough to display controversial items that would link me to the witches on public display? You must be out of your mind! :wacko: No, what you say would me much to obvious. I think that it is pointing instead to something different, for example, to the clue we got in day 1, which still hasn't been cleared up. It is a general rule for the... God of these games of... life to throw out clues that, when taken at face value, point to a citizen, but when looked into a little deeper, can point to a heretic. This I think is what is going on now. I know most certainly that I am simply a citizen who wants to clear this town of evil influences. It is clear that these same evil influences are trying to frame me to try and pull me down.

Could there be an outside influence (outside as in not from Mustafa's control) from somebody in this towne?

Yes indeed, this must be it. I for one know that I don't have any control over what comes into my stores at the moment, it is all up to the suppliers that are passing through. This evidence is much to blatant for it to point to me. It needs some more in depth analysis. We managed to catch Bernard yesterday because we looked at the clues thoroughly, let us see if we can do it again today.

Now, I know these things are shown in my store, but all I can really say is that God is playing a cruel trick. Nothing is ever as it seems remember. This clue has a deeper meaning, all we need to do is find it. Here are a few possible reasons that I think God might have included these items.

1. God is trying to remind us of what happened in Day 1. Somebody bought some suspicious goods, and we never found out who.

2. It is possible that this is the foundation for something that might be revealed later on. Perhaps I will catch somebody trying to buy this stuff, but I find it unlikely, I mean, who would be dumb enough to purchase these sorts of goods at a time like this? :sceptic:

3. God is playing a dirty trick. As God is a great and holy being, and everything He does has a purpose, I find this option fairly unlikely as well.

4. Everything I'm saying is a load of crap and God has decided to reveal one of the witches. I find this unlikely for a few reasons. One, it is not in the spirit of the game of... life for a host to reveal a witch so easily. Secondly, the evidence is far to blatant for it to be true; if I was not the merchant and somebody else was being accused of this, I would come to this conclusion as well. Lastly, I of course know that I'm not a heretic. :grin:

Now, I know how the evidence looks at first glance, but if we are to get through this together, we must all learn to think logically, like I demonstrated yesterday. In the end it is up to the rest of you to interpret the information in a clear and logical manner. Anyway, from what I can see, I do think that this whole thing of new items is trying to subtly remind us of that clue we left off in day one. Who bought those goods, and for what use? That's what I want to know.

Moving on to other matters, let us now take a look a this thing about Miguel. This has me in a bit of a pickle. Miguel has clearly stated that he attempted to kill Alexander, but as a citizen and not as a witch. I think I can believe this, he has said it openly, knowing that we might react by condemning him. However, that leaves the question of the witches. Why have they not killed anyone yet, or even attempted to kill anyone? Never before have I heard of a game... of life... in which the witches cannot kill. What is up with that? I to find it unlikely that they can convert people each night, so what's going on? This is what is confusing me, that if Miguel is a citizen who can kill, where is the crazy knife-wielding heretic in the scheme of things? I am more than a little worried about this, I fear there is something going on that we do not know of nor understand, it is things like that that can get us all killed.

Alexander, I think your test is a perfect plan, as it should hopefully prove Miguel's allegiance no matter what happens with the night actions. The more people we can confirm as innocent the better, I say. My only problem is, who are we supposed to ask him to attempt to kill? I don't much like the idea of that bit, as there isn't enough evidence against anyone yet, in my eyes, to justify possible murder. We wouldn't want him to kill an innocent, as that would not only break one of the commandments, but would also leave us one down. In truth, I am more than a little stuck over this point.

So what do the rest of you make of the current situation? Has anyone seen something I've missed?

Another thought just occurred to me in relation to the goods in my store. Perhaps the witches have somehow managed to infiltrate my supply chain and are ordering this contraband in my name to try and avoid detection? This would make sense to me; they order the goods, and then grab in from my store when nobody is looking. If this is the case, then we should probably keep a close eye on that gunpowder, as that could cause some serious damage in the wrong hands... :look:

Moving on to other matters, let us now take a look a this thing about Miguel. This has me in a bit of a pickle. Miguel has clearly stated that he attempted to kill Alexander, but as a citizen and not as a witch. I think I can believe this, he has said it openly, knowing that we might react by condemning him.

I believe some of you may had heard the Legends of Mystery Castle... Some of you, might be familar with it, and had brought up before. It was the exact similar situation between General Spencer and Grim... Now, can we use this legend and apply it to our scenario? My thought is, keep this at the back of our hand and monitor him closely. If he is truly a good citizen, we won't want to lose a character with such useful power. However, it is possible that that Miguel is familar with this story and used it to shadow his actions, pretending it to be a good cause....

However, that leaves the question of the witches. Why have they not killed anyone yet, or even attempted to kill anyone? Never before have I heard of a game... of life... in which the witches cannot kill. What is up with that? I to find it unlikely that they can convert people each night, so what's going on? This is what is confusing me, that if Miguel is a citizen who can kill, where is the crazy knife-wielding heretic in the scheme of things? I am more than a little worried about this, I fear there is something going on that we do not know of nor understand, it is things like that that can get us all killed.

There are few possbilites to add into your intriguing thoughts...

1) The witches decided to keep their heads low by not implementing any actions in the night which is highly impossible. I believe witches should be the strongest during the night...

2) The witches' actions might have fail due to "god" interference and was not shown to us, for whatever reasons.

3) There is a possibilty that, witches have the mystical ability to convert our villagers into of theirs... We must consider this possibility.

4) A character true ability is not as simple as it seems.

Pardon me for my short notes. This are my summarised points which I could think of...

Another thought just occurred to me in relation to the goods in my store. Perhaps the witches have somehow managed to infiltrate my supply chain and are ordering this contraband in my name to try and avoid detection? This would make sense to me; they order the goods, and then grab in from my store when nobody is looking. If this is the case, then we should probably keep a close eye on that gunpowder, as that could cause some serious damage in the wrong hands... :look:

I will send one of my soldier to ensure your store is in safe hands, to prevent theft. Perhaps Sergio or Henry will cover Mustafa's stall for the day. One thing for sure, I don't believe any of my men right now, have such advanced weapon. If any of my soldiers approach you for such stuff, please inform me immediately and I will be sure to make them sign for 14 extras for violating the laws of Azufre..

It is good that most of you see the wisdom in the test I have suggested, but thus far, no one has a suggestion for just how to implement it (or upon whom). I confess to being just as uncertain.

A couple of points though.

1, Mustafa: Every shipment of items makes him look more suspicious, but I am beginning to believe he has no control over this, which leads one to wonder who actually owns his shop or controls his supplies. I can't imagine he is this stupid or bold, but it doesn't mean that he isn't guilty anyway and feigning ignorance of the situation.

So, here is an alternative idea... what if God is warning us?

Gunpowder could mean another attack coming, but we're supposed to believe that the attacker was a good citizen, so that isn't very clear. Maybe we should just have Miguel kill Martinus and Martinus investigate Miguel and ... no, that's crazy.

The hat, however... Any witch should already have a hat, so I fear it indicates that they have somehow recruited a new one to their evil ranks.

2. The Legend of Mystery Castle. Yes, I have considered that this whole confession is a trick. The only thing I know is that he tried to kill me, and I'm not a witch, so that's a strike against him in the Good Book.

3. Philip is staring at my megabloks again and it's making me nervous. :tongue:

There are few possibilities to add into your intriguing thoughts...

1) The witches decided to keep their heads low by not implementing any actions in the night which is highly impossible. I believe witches should be the strongest during the night...

2) The witches' actions might have fail due to "god" interference and was not shown to us, for whatever reasons.

3) There is a possibility that, witches have the mystical ability to convert our villagers into of theirs... We must consider this possibility.

4) A character true ability is not as simple as it seems.

Hmm, I must agree with number 3 on your points. I remember some awful people converted an old man to their ranks. Perhaps, they can do the same thing here.

Anyway, Number two may work as well to. Perhaps their gun didn't go off, or the torturer became sick with the 5 hour bug that's been going around. These are all possibilities we must consider.

3. or he is a witch pretending to not be that by using a gun.

Now, how did he get a gun? Did he miss on purpose? A warning shot? Why did he choose to attack the priest, of all people?

Perhaps he got the gun from Mustafa. I still am suspicious of Martinus/Pickerel though. Yesterday we almost had him burned, but got Bernard instead.

Vote: Martinus/Pickerel

Perhaps he got the gun from Mustafa. I still am suspicious of Martinus/Pickerel though. Yesterday we almost had him burned, but got Bernard instead.

Uhm, according to Fernando he is working with Martinus to investigate people. Now, the reason we got Bernard yesterday was because Fernando and Martinus had uncovered that Bernard was a heretic. And now you want to kill Martinus? Why?

I too would like to know why you are voting for Martinus when all the evidence points elsewhere. He could be our only hope of catching the heretics, and yet you want to vote for him with no other reason than that you were suspicious yesterday? You're not a desperate heretic are you? Your confession would help us a lot here. :grin:

Alexander, you make some excellent points. I too think that these items are a warning of what is to come, if not of what has already happened. Of course, I just wish we could be a bit more certain of their meaning.

You make some good points, Mustafa and Alexander, but there is one I disagree with:

3. Philip is staring at my megabloks again and it's making me nervous. :tongue:

Now, just because your pants were on backwards, I won't take any offense, but... woah...

Who is that very fine looking woman with the lovely red hair :oh:? Why, hello, Elisa :sweet:! Perhaps you would like an escort around the city? Or might I be able to lend you some books, or something :blush:? I have some wonderful novels that I'm sure you'd love...

:blush:

I'm also curious as to why there is a vote for Martinus, when evidence clearly leads elsewhere (for now)? As to the remarks that a witch could bring a villager within the devil's grasp, now, would that be permanent? Or would they eventually break free? Only God can have such answers... And another thing about the Legend of Mystery Castle. I remeber reading about how the castle torturer had been accused on many accounts and was very suspicious, but turned out to be innocent in the end. Perhaps the same is true with Martinus? And I think that Miguel being a bad shot or darkness wasn't the only reason why Alexander wasn't killed that night... in the Legend of Mystery Castle, the priest (who was innocent) was protected by the holy power and was unable to be slaughtered at night. Perhaps this is why he didn't perish at Miguel's gunshot?

Here is what interests me. There are two possiblities with Mustufa. He could either be innocent, or guilty. Well yes, i know it's obvious, but there are certian things about it that interest me.

Here are the choices.

1. He's completely innocent, and here is why. It's a reverse. He orders those goods, we think he's guily, but he's not, and we kill another innocnet. It could be a cunning plot.

2. But issn't that over played. what if we fall into that trap, and he's guily? What then? We'll never suspect him. He'll say it was a trap, and that we're being mislead, and it will be swept under the carpet and we'll forget about it.

Speaking about sweeping things under the carpet, Elisa, you're my maid. (Is that okay with you Imperial Scouts. Working for me? The more realtionships the better it could be.) I need to speak to you about sweeping things under the carpets... I only ysterday noticed a buldge in the carpet which, after further inspecto,n turned out to be dust.

Hello, Mustafa.....General Christopher has sent me here to watch your stall.... :wink: so I will see what is happening here.....ooooh, a witch hat! Can I buy see it? I was joking......

Who is that very fine looking woman with the lovely red hair :oh:? Why, hello, Elisa :sweet:! Perhaps you would like an escort around the city? Or might I be able to lend you some books, or something :blush:? I have some wonderful novels that I'm sure you'd love...

:blush:

Oh, I'm flattered... :look: ...I...I must go to milady Joan. So I must pass on your...offer...

Speaking about sweeping things under the carpet, Elisa, you're my maid. (Is that okay with you Imperial Scouts. Working for me? The more realtionships the better it could be.) I need to speak to you about sweeping things under the carpets... I only ysterday noticed a buldge in the carpet which, after further inspecto,n turned out to be dust.

Oh, I didn't see you there!

Me? Sweep dust under a carpet!? I don't believe I have ever done such a horrible thing. I will, though, clean up that mess immediately. Mustn't have a dirty house!