Sign in to follow this  
Henning Birkeland

Lego Mindstorm car thar shoots

Here's my latest creation, a Lego Mindtorm car that I control from my mobile. All the pieces are from the Mindstorm set except the canons.

Edit: Here's a picture:

legocar.jpg

Edited by Henning Birkeland

Mounting a target plate on top of that vehicle with a sensor, and making two of these vehicle and you have a nice game :)

but how do you control it Oo that's amazing, and the canon sure have a lot of power! :thumbup:

but , I didn't see the wheel turn when It turned, how did you make it turn? by the same system than caterpillar ? by only controlling the 2 left or the 2 rights wheels ?

anyway , great job, 10/10 :thumbup:

Thanks :) I control it with a Mindstorm software on my Sony Ericsson mobile. Yes, I control it the same way as the caterpillar with one engine for each side of the car. If I take the mobile joystick forward it drives both engines, if I take it sideways I control only one (and can steer). The last engine that fires the canons is controlled by the 1 button on my phone. Maybe I'll fix the steering later on.

I love your staggered mechanism for hitting the missile switches. Very clever use of the angles on those Bionicle pieces. :thumbup:

Operating the launcher switches automatically is something I always wanted to do with my rocket launcher MOC, but I couldn't think of any way to add it in without doing a major revamp of the whole model.