Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Witch Hunt Mafia - Day 2

Technically, I'm bald. Well. my silhouette would be...

Are you seriously trying to accuse yourself? Your pretty much putting yourself in the spot light. Someone likes to get attention....*hint* *hint*

Many apologies, fellow Azufreians, in my efforts to find out whodunit I forgot to say hi. Hi and good morning!

Bah humbug! Who needs manners? :sick:

Technically, I'm bald. Well. my silhouette would be...

OOC: Well, If someone would change their avatar... :hmpf: Oops, didn't see your signature... :grin: To bad we can't edit our posts BECAUSE HINCKLEY SAYS HE"S BALD, MAKING HIM A SUSPECT! I can talk in colors too... Yay! At least you didn't try hiding it. :wink:

I like your trolley, the coloring reminds me of the Joker's clothes!

Are you seriously trying to accuse yourself? Your pretty much putting yourself in the spot light. Someone likes to get attention....*hint* *hint*

BIC: Someone likes making annoying comments... *hint* *hint*

Just kidding!

I'm not sure if are egotistical friend is though! :wink:

Martinus makes good pies!

In my thoughts, and perhaps my thoughts alone, we need to vote someone off. That may atleast give us a lead, and possibly kill a witch. It doesn't matter who to me, as long as it's not one of the nobles, or the priest. We've gone two nights without deaths, but I'm not sure how much longer that will last.

Okay, lets start with my top suspicion:

Vote Martinus/Pickerel

I have been suspicious of him for a long time. Thats my vote. Whos with me?

Martinus! You quick and to the point responses betray a vile and supernatural nature. For those who do not quite grasp the meaning of what I have just said, I believe Martinus is a witch! Let us view our evidence to this fact- Martinus, though not only quick to point the finger, has been drawing misleading conclusions. He conviniently "forgot" to mention all of those who posses hair, but not in full (such as Charles) and then blames this fact upon those that fit the description! He mentions himself as a suspect, but in each question he asks, does he give his own answer? What was he late for? Why did he give a list of options instead of telling us there and then? Numerous other bits of evidence support this theory. Vote: Martinus/Pickerel

(OOC: Sorry, the first word is supposed to be "Your")

Martinus has also stated that the attacker of Alexander was bald, though we all know that this may not be true. How misleading is that?!

(OOC: Sorry if this comes out as a double post... my computer is being wierd...)

Whoa...that was a little fast, I actually agree with you, but I'll have to wait for more evidence...

Good Gracious, the priest has been attacked... but it looks like God has protected him.. by sending a message to a guard to protect him, or something. But here is my list of investigations:

1. A heretic may have been using the gun in order to trick us, thinking that it was a vigilante or a serial killer. Perhaps this heretic has no powers. A new initiate? I have no suspicions yet..

2. A vigilante who suspected that the Father was harboring witches. I am looking at you, Lord Charles. You are the one who spoke of that so often, and even suggesting it now.

3. A serial killer. If this is so, than this person is taking advantage of the situation. I have no suspicions...

If the assassination attempt on Alexander was not done by the witches, then we may have to assume that they may only recruit others. Or perhaps they're playing games and making me think that. Sometimes I wonder if I should really look around so broadly about this....

And now on the case of Mr. Bernard. In the second picture of the end of yesterday, you had disappeared! Perhaps I was blocking you, but that does not seem so probable. This is what makes me suspicious of you, and you were probably beaten over night because of it. I'll be watching you for the time being, but let us wait.

I'm curious about Miguel and Martinus as well. They're both bald, and its been suggested that the assassin was bald. I'm still open to thinking he was just wearing a full head mask or something. Ahem... I believe there's not enough information on them, however. Let us look deeper into all of this. Remember, I'll be watching you...

Vote: Martinus/Pickerel

I have to agree with Cassandra and Philip here, as per Philip's arguments. Philip really seems to have a good head on his shoulders and has made a good choice. Death to the witch!

Well back to work. :classic:

I Unvote: Charles/Hinckley and im sticking to it. I find no evidence to support of him being a witch. Im not voting anyone right now.
Okay, lets start with my top suspicion:

Vote Martinus/Pickerel

I have been suspicious of him for a long time. Thats my vote. Whos with me?

I'm certainly not with you!

You unvoted for Charles because you thought there was no evidence against him. Would you mind asking me what evidence you think I'm a witch for?

All I can say in my defense is that voting me off is a very sorry mistake! I have my trust in God and in God only. Personally, as I said before because someone who probably doesn't have magical powers tried killing Alexander, making it very suspicious that someone who is likely to be on the people's side would've risked trying to kill Alexander. I think he's a witch. I'm holding off my vote for now and waiting to see the lunchtime's evidence and other people's thoughts..

I bet it's because even though you give pies away for free more people bought mine. Some people are such sore losers. :hmpf:

Get great deal's on MY pies! And garlic bread! :skull:

Martinus

P.S. OOC:

Martinus! You quick and to the point responses betray a vile and supernatural nature.

My quick responses betray only a love of solvable mystery books Adam! I'm not that bad of an actor. :hmpf_bad:

He conviniently "forgot" to mention all of those who posses hair, but not in full (such as Charles) and then blames this fact upon those that fit the description!

I forgot Hinckley's bald only because of his character not being in his avatar... and I accused myself! Also I was the second person to vote for Charles in day one. The attacker was too bald! I don't see a hairpiece on that fig! And I was talking about those who don't have hair!

He mentions himself as a suspect, but in each question he asks, does he give his own answer? What was he late for?

As for my late arrival, doing taxes, being a late riser on a job that requires me to be an early one is hard (I need to bake all that bread before you guys even wake up. If I wake up late, man do I pay!).I was sleeping, what were YOU doing?

I can't find a single grain of truth in your post, Adam! Your the one who's misleading, AND confusing. :tongue:

PLEASE USE REASON, it'll make you look smart! :wub:

I'd also like to add that my nicely organized table was inspired by The Orient Express, a mystery by Agatha Christie! :classic:

Im standing by Martinus I find there is a lack of evidence to suggest he is a witch. Also of course hes late hes busy early in the morning making bread! It makes perfect sense. :thumbup:

Iam not voting anyone yet, I will wait for more evidence.

Charles is my prime suspect at the moment as well as Miguel. :hmpf_bad:

You know who I vote for? I'll tell you. Vote: OOC

OOC: Why would I do that?

BIC: Because it's annoying. It seems to me like strange babbling tongues. Clearly a sign of witchcraft.

OOC: Let me add some more about my tactics that should be said in character but I'll still inexplicably label it with OOC because I'm just plain daft!

BIC: So, clearly anyone who uses OOC again and again and again and again is a witch or a freakin' moron...

OOC: Because if you're attacking another player's tactics...

BIC: Out of character, then aren't you just...

OOC: attacking that person and...

BIC: Why wouldn't you just do that in character, is it because you think going OOC is cool and you

OOC: can't let the trend

BIC: die because

OOC: you think it's so cool

BIC: even though

OOC: everyone

BIC: keeps

OOC: telling

BIC: you

OOC: to

BIC: freaking stop it!

OOC: Seriously, stop it. :hmpf_bad:

You don't find a grain of truth in my post? Then why don't you use the "Reply" button like a man! Well, let's observe:

You obviously arrived late for a reason- you weren't just late for no reason!

You're accusing the person who is voting for you. Typical. I realize that you are trying to defend yourself, but come on! Get a better excuse! And have a little more reason in your posts!

Solvable mystery books? :wacko: What are they?!

Charles' character is clearly displayed in his sig, and you shouldn't be commenting on a MOC in the game.

Four strikes, you are definately out. And there are more than four, too. I didn't even mention yesterday's antics. :hmpf_bad:

I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Martinus/Pickerel. Phillip's arguments are really good, and Martinus put himself on the spotlight with the whole bald thing.

Well Martinus, looks like you're starting to have a few enemies in this town. As of now, I am holding my vote. I need a few more questions answered and I'm going to see if anyone else asks them. But right now, the most important questions I have are these...

Martinus: Why did you arrive late?

Bernard: Who whooped your megablocks? If they are an investigator, then we need to know. I am sure an honest and responsible guard would be more than willing to protect you during the evenings.

Guards: Who was the guard that was protecting the Priest last night? You are a very noble person and your work should garner recognition and praise.

Martinus, I am still not certain to place my vote against you. I will hold my vote until concerete evidence surface or logical explaination arrived. I don't wish to place my blade onto the innocents. However, you raised a very interesting point about the bald headed attacker. On this point, I reckon it is a clue for us to ponder...

Guards: Who was the guard that was protecting the Priest last night? You are a very noble person and your work should garner recognition and praise.

The guards are doing their job diligently at night. It's our responsbility to do so. In this case, I don't think it's wise for any of the guards to place their lives in danger by revealing themselves, which may result an uncertain death in the night and in turn reducing the amount of guards we had to protect the safety of our innocent villagers.

Here's what I think from what we've observed during the first night. I think the person who attempted to harm Alexander was a good citizen trying to rid us of a witch or heretic. We don't know the identity of the guard who protected Alexander, either. I believe the figure we saw protecting Alexander works for the witches or heretics and was protecting Alexander because evidence during the day yesterday began to expose him...

You start your second day accusing the Church in a town overrun with witches. Yes, your loyalties are quite clear. Trying to turn an attack against me into a way to rid yourself of the interference of the church and the loyal guard who protected me is an easy 2 for 1, isn't it?

Now, let's try some reality. The witches know each other, so they aren't going to attack a fellow witch. The good citizens are unaware of who is good or evil, so if one decided to attack someone, they'd be taking, literally, a shot in the dark. That said, I sincerely doubt that a good citizen would presume that the head of their Church was evil, especially without evidence. Literally, you're the only one who keeps assuming that, but since I see you for the witch that you must be, your attacks are purely selfish and not intended for the public good.

As to the method used, why assume how a witch would kill? Why would a witch risk detection by practicing their evil craft when a more generic means is available to them. A rich bitch witch would probably pull out their trusty musket and blast away, but their inability to shoot straight would leave them running from the guards in failure.

We should have done this job on day 1. I will swear now, before God, anyone who can't see the truth in this is a witch or under the spell of one. He who attacks the church is truly a minion of the devil.

Vote: Charles / Hinckley

Wouldn't it be scary if only citizens had the ability to kill at night and the witches night actions were to convert innocents to witchcraft?

Wouldn't that be the kind of inside information that only a witch could have, since only you are aware of each other's identities? A loyal citizen wouldn't dare try to kill someone yet, they couldn't be sure they were making a good decision.

Now add to that, a person without supernatural powers tried to kill Alexander.

So you had one of your bewitched victims do it or you're the great great grandfather of Dick Cheney. Either way, witch.

Secondly, Charles. Yes, he goes off hunches and grudges too quickly; yes, he's one of the few that would be able to use parchment; yes, he's sometimes arrogant, pompous, self-centered, egotistical, and a right royal pain in the megabloks sometimes, but I don't think we should vote for him - yet, anyways. We need solid evidence!

You forgot rich, with access to a musket, a weapon that wouldn't be commonly available to the poor citizens of Azufre or even the guards. Look more closely, his serpent tongue has been revealing him since day 1, but some are choosing to not see it.

P.P.P.S My thoughts on who to vote for are currently for Alexander. Someone attacked him who (most likely) doesn't have magical powers. Perhaps he is a witch?

I'm going to hope that you're just foolish and not a witch, but you're on my list to watch carefully now. Tread lightly when trying to attack a servant of the Lord, an attempted assassin learned that last night.

That would be a twist....but ive lost all faith in the words of Charles..... :hmpf:

Wisdom shines through. He has accused both members of the church and his own wife. He is schemer who only wishes to save his own black heart.

If you were an effective Christian leader, witches and heretics never would've infiltrated our town. The fact that we have lost our way with the Lord points directly to the head of the church. You have lead your flock astray, Alexander and now you are trying to spill the blood of an innocent man. I'm not the only who sees your activity as suspicious. Your constant accusations as opposed to trying to maintain peace further my suspicions. Kill me if you like. I shall enjoy an eternity in heaven. Even if you succeed in turning this whole town to witches, you will spend an eternity in Hell once your earthly trek is over. I am not confident enough to say we shall condemn you now, because if you are innocent, I would certainly be the next to go, but your actions continue to make me suspicious of you.

If you were an effective Christian leader, witches and heretics never would've infiltrated our town.

The town is only strong when we are united against the cause of evil, and sadly, this town has been infiltrated by outside forces hell-bent on turning the good away from their noble course.

You made a rather interesting bit of speculation when you suggested that the witches could turn the good to evil. If that is so, I am the one who sees to it that they aren't turned in the dark of night, but I have never claimed to be able to stop the evil alone. It is only through the combined effort of each and every one of us that we can succeed.

Sadly, some are intent on another path and are attempting to undermine all that the Church has worked for. The good citizens can see that. Together, we can stop it.

The fact that we have lost our way with the Lord points directly to the head of the church. You have lead your flock astray

We have not lost our way. Most of the citizens of Azufre are good, it is only the small minority that seeks to taint them with evil. That is what makes this problem so difficult, finding the wolves hidden amongst the flock. They have not gone astray, they are being attacked, and stopping the attackers is all that matters to me, for in that victory shall come a return to the Godly town this can still be.

now you are trying to spill the blood of an innocent man. I'm not the only who sees your activity as suspicious.

I do not believe that you are innocent, I would like to see something to indicate that, but thus far, you have behaved exactly as a witch would. As for your suspicions, they began from the moment the Inquisitor arrived and it became obvious that I would finally have some Holy assistance in my fight against the witches. You have accused him, me, and others in town, with less evidence and clear motive than you have yourself, without providing a single bit of evidence of your innocence. Personally, I welcome a full investigation of my life, my actions, my background and my motives.

Your constant accusations as opposed to trying to maintain peace further my suspicions.

I have made inquiries, looked at the information that the Lord has provided us and made observations accordingly. You, on the other hand, have made numerous pointless accusations, so I suggest you look to your own motives before pointing the finger at others. As for maintaining peace, that is not within my authority. The good citizens are peaceful, they will listen to the words of our Lord, but the witches will cause disruption and mayhem until stopped. Only then can peace be restored.

Kill me if you like. I shall enjoy an eternity in heaven. Even if you succeed in turning this whole town to witches, you will spend an eternity in Hell once your earthly trek is over.

I do not decide if you are to die or not, the town does. I hope we choose correctly, not only in your case but with all of decisions.

If you understood the nature of my duties in the Church, you would choke on the vile accusations that I could be trying to turn this town to evil. Without my efforts, and those of the good citizens of Azufre, this town would already be lost, firmly ensconced in the fiery grip of satan.

I already know that my future place in Heaven is reserved, my name written in the Good Book, but that is not my only concern, for it is my responsibility to make every effort to insure that all who belong there are by my side, and that is what I intend to do, starting right here in this town.

I am not confident enough to say we shall condemn you now, because if you are innocent, I would certainly be the next to go, but your actions continue to make me suspicious of you.

Those are the truest words you've spoken, thus far. My death would point at you and reveal you for what I believe you are. As for being suspicious of me, that's simply a sad joke. You know full well that I am a Godly man, and it eats you up inside.

Alexander, I have been very clear in my accusations towards you and they do have a strong basis otherwise other town members wouldn't be agreeing for me. One thing's for sure, you've lost a member of your congregation. My wife and I will go to Church in the next town over, Moonlight I think it's called. Sounds like a nice place.

You know full well that I am a Godly man, and it eats you up inside.

This is not the humility our Lord taught us to seek in our spiritual leaders.

Sadly, I believe our good Alexander has been lead astray. I wish we could free him from the grip of the devil, but our only hope may be to kill him.

These are only hunches and suspicions on my part, but the more solid evidence we get, the more I believe there is evil where we expect there to be good.

Investigate me, please. Search everything I own, my house, my wife. ( :laugh: ) I have nothing to hide. I am a good person and warn you of what I fear about our Alexander, because I love this Town and the people in it and want everyone to live a long life walking God's path.

Alexander, I have been very clear in my accusations towards you and they do have a strong basis otherwise other town members wouldn't be agreeing for me.

I do not see the overwhelming tide of agreement, I have seen people giving careful consideration to all sides and a fair amount of condemnation for your attacks on the Church. Perhaps you are reading selectively and missing the true message.

One thing's for sure, you've lost a member of your congregation. My wife and I will go to Church in the next town over, Moonlight I think it's called. Sounds like a nice place.

My cousin Ivan runs a restaurant there. Stop in for the after-Church special and mention my name for 10% off. He calls it the 'Tithe Plate' and passes it around the room while music plays, but instead of putting in, you take out what you want. Avoid the shrimp.

He's a little hard to understand at times but he's a good man. Oh, and if you try to mess with him, he'll snap your neck.

I do not see the overwhelming tide of agreement, I have seen people giving careful consideration to all sides and a fair amount of condemnation for your attacks on the Church. Perhaps you are reading selectively and missing the true message.

I'm well aware of that, which is why I'm not casting a vote for you...yet.

Thanks for the recommendation. I had heard the shrimp was great, so thanks for the heads up. Did we say "heads up" back now? :laugh:

Did we say "heads up" back now? :laugh:

Only witches with time traveling broomsticks, I think. :hmpf_bad::laugh:

John, How could you suspect my husband? He arrived late because he a late riser. Even I can vouch for that. He has done nothing wrong and I am surprised that you could think that. I still stick by my vote of Martinus. He is obvoisly a witch!

John, How could you suspect my husband? He arrived late because he a late riser. Even I can vouch for that. He has done nothing wrong and I am surprised that you could think that. I still stick by my vote of Martinus. He is obvoisly a witch!

Interesting. You vouch for your husband's innocence because he woke up late, and yet you did not wake him up to attend such important meeting in the morning which mean you are fully aware of his night doings as well? Is this a blind of faith or both are aware of each other identity..

Martinus and Charles are both suspicious....but I will have to wait for more evidence...if no evidence shows up for a long period of time, I'll cast my vote for one of those two...but we'll have to wait and see what happens..... :classic: