Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Barracks by Kris Kelvin

thindexedgif.gif Military 12c

I've got just one word for this: Amazing!

The description on the BS gallery says "Barracks of the I Handgunners Hochland Regiment".

I love the action, minifigs!, buildings, ... . See for yourself.

1_logo.jpg

b2.jpg

a8.jpg

a2.jpg

b5.jpg

The entire Brickshelf Gallery

Someone sent this to me about 20 minutes ago so I'm not that bemused by it now. But that is certainly a work of art. To get those bricks to line up - a job very well done. Thanks for that Bonaparte

The way he has made it look like real bricks were used is amazing and I love all the little details.

Nice find Bonaparte!

I saw this, this morning. I was going to post it but I knew someone would do it better than me... :pir_bawling:

I like the way he made the Minifgs and doors. Somehow the use of Maroon tiles to make bricks seems very dull. :pir-sceptic:

Nice find, Boney! Perhaps it is a little unrealistic - who ever heard of the Hogwarts Division?

But I digress. Nice find!

This is one impressive barracks. Viewing it at my first glimpse, I thought the red looking brick-built house, is not LEGO designed. In fact, it was so well constructed that I can't believe that the builder had actually aligned the red tiles across each level and he has defintely done a great job!

The wooden shed is a nice addition. With the army marching out and platoons lining up, I must admit that this is one of the nice looking Barracks to be admire in Classic Pirates. :pir-sweet:

The masonry is definitely the highlight of the splendor. :pir-wub:

I did see this magnificent piece on The Bother's Brick earlier today, however I was reluctant to bring it here as I couldn't figure out whether it was actually intended by the builder to be pirate themed or not. To me, the historical context seems rather mismatched and after performing a few Google searches I have been lead to wonder whether it is in fact somehow based off of wordy and historical inspiration or rather that of Warhammer, a tabletop game fantasy universe about which I know very little.....

That is amazing ( :pir-wub: ) great find Bonaparte! I too wanted to build a barracks when I bought AOE3 but I never got round to it. If I had I bet it wouldn't have been one tenth as good as this!

I've got to say that I'm not keen on the TwoFace/Ogel Henchmen uniforms but check out the trousers on the guys in the last pic!

EDIT: I just checked his Brickshelf (what a talented builder!) shame there aren't any pictures of the interior though...

Edited by Razzer

Looks fantastic, Bonaparte, thanks for sharing this to us. Especcialy the minifigs look great, and according to my historical uniform books they look quite realistic too. The wagon and building look amazing as well, and so does the table of their staff.

Looks fantastic, Bonaparte, thanks for sharing this to us. Especcialy the minifigs look great, and according to my historical uniform books they look quite realistic too. The wagon and building look amazing as well, and so does the table of their staff.

One day I want to come to take a look at that book. But that will have to wait a bit because for the moment my life is super busy. Can you share some info or history about the Handgunners Hochland Regiment? Or does you book only contain pictures of the uniforms?

This has got to be one of the best MOC's I've seen in a long time. It's absolutely stunning with great detail all over the place. The cannon wheels and SNOT techniques are class.

Thank you all for kind words :)

Mister Bonaparte - Hochland is a Empire Province in Warhammer game produced by Games Workshop. It`s famous from his handgunners - here are some links: Description of Hochland

and pictures from GW site - Handgunners.

I love figures from this game (Empire, goblins, vampires and especially Brettonia) - they are very inspirational. So I`ve decided to built something from lego in warhammer style. Empire is most interesting - cannons, handguns, steamtank, magic, powerful cavalery. I hope to build many MOCs in this style :pir-cry_happy:

Edited by kris kelvin

Well, I'm glad you decided to join us in this fantastic place. Welcome to EB. Now let me just congratulate you on your fantastic MOC's. All of them in your folder are something really special. Well done mate!

Captain Zuloo

If you get stuck PM me! :pir-classic:

Thank you all for kind words :)

Mister Bonaparte - Hochland is a Empire Province in Warhammer game produced by Games Workshop. It`s famous from his handgunners - here are some links: Description of Hochland

and pictures from GW site - Handgunners.

I love figures from this game (Empire, goblins, vampires and especially Brettonia) - they are very inspirational. So I`ve decided to built something from lego in warhammer style. Empire is most interesting - cannons, handguns, steamtank, magic, powerful cavalery. I hope to build many MOCs in this style pirate_cry_happy.gif

I knew that Hochland remind me something, I have a friend who is fan of the warhammer RPG and minifigs, so I think I'll show him your mocs ^^ he is going to have an heart attack!

I can't wait to see more Warhammer mocs from you! :thumbup:

This is really amazing. The bricks on the building are reall well built. This person must of spent a lot of time putting this MOC together. He has done a great job!

One day I want to come to take a look at that book. But that will have to wait a bit because for the moment my life is super busy. Can you share some info or history about the Handgunners Hochland Regiment? Or does you book only contain pictures of the uniforms?

Then they are(partially?) copied from the "Hoogland" regiment. I am referring to the swordsmen unit, the Austrians and Germans had swordsmen till after 1800, equiped with armor and pistols. I must admit they have grey or red pants in my book though.

They are also referred to as "landskneght", and mostly used pikes, two-handed swords or a shortsword with a round shield (anti-infantry unit). If you have the first Cossacks pcgame you can see how they look like.

Hochland= german slang for "highlands" and since you didn't post a nation or regimental number I let my imagination work. I know these books in-and-out. Warhammer did copie looks/uniforms before (IMHO almost all of them are copied of another game/nation/book/...eg. LOTR)

description

BTW Bonaparte, you can see some of my books in my "napoleonic army thread" Those 2 books in the back (leftside)are the napoleonic era uniform books you are so interested in.

You are still welcome to have a look at them, Bonaparte, when you have the time that is. (or I stop by at your house sometime if that is easier for you, I would like to see your army too)

Edited by zorro3999

Fantastic building, I especially love the roof on the shed -

brickshelf link

looks simple at first glance but its very effective

did you choose the off-colour (or are they just and old / new brown mix) brown tiles on purpose, or did it just end up like that? Makes it look even better!

I like the large bottle / jar thing next to the guy with the ramrod too

bye

timbutnice

Hi,

Like it!! :thumbup:

A bit strange, but I like it!! :pir-wink: !

Undersigned MoWo

Edited by MoWo

did you choose the off-colour (or are they just and old / new brown mix) brown tiles on purpose, or did it just end up like that? Makes it look even better!

I specially chosen that mixture of reddish brown and old brown. It looks more natural for me.

When I,m building castle walls I`m also mixing grey and bluish gray.

I like the large bottle / jar thing next to the guy with the ramrod too

It supposed to be bag :pir-tongue:

Edited by kris kelvin