Sign in to follow this  
Buttons

The Cave

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 27c

Here is my entry for the small catagory of the PTV contest.

A seemingly peacefull ocean scene...

dscf0236.jpg

With waves so calm...

dscf0237.jpg

Can have sinister secrets...

dscf0238.jpg

looks a little empty at first sight ^^ the water is nice, your little cave is cool, and is it harry potter that you killed ? ^^ It's just hard to tell what happened, how did his head has been put here ^^ what I can suggest as improvement is to make the cave higher and put a bloody pirate with another head in his hand, preparing to put it next to the harry's one ^^

Nice idea for an entry, as it's very creative!

Your SNOT water with the interspersed white plates for waves looks very nice and so does the sand.

A few improvements you could make are:

1) One really easy thing to fix up and make it look a lot better, would be to add a blue tile where the studs are showing at the end of the water.

2) The underwater cave is a great idea, but I think a little more detail could be added to give it more excitement. It's a bit hard to understand what happened to that pirate, so putting some things in to explain that would help a lot.

3) The top of the MOC is a little boring. I think adding a bit more sand and less water, and then putting an imperial soldier on the sand with a gun would be nice.

Great work though! You've made a very creative entry!

Thanks for the comments guys. To be honest I just knocked this up in about half an hour so I think I will have another look at it soon :pir-blush:

My opinion:

Yes, I advise you make some improvements since it does seem a bit empty.

I like the concept though and I am very happy to see you entering the PTV competition!

Possible improvements:

1) Make a blue "background" by placing blue bricks on the backside of the MOC (the back of the side which you use to take the pics.

2) Why does the head smile? I wouldn't smile if I got seperated from the rest of my body...maybe a sceleton head migh be appropriate too?

3) I also agree with Erdbeereis1' points. Just wanted to let you know that...

4) A red crab that claws on the face? :pir-classic:

Good point zorro, I really don't know why Harry potter is A. in this MOC or B. Smiling. To be honest though I do have a lack of decapitated heads. :pir_laugh2:

Opinion

I like your MOC and the water over the cave is pretty cool. I really like how you created the waves on top of the under water cave and how you added a floating leaf. Also, how you added white into the blue water to make it look like waves are crashing. I like your whole idea of a calm water scene, but something gruesome and gory is under it. Inside the cave is pretty well made.

Possible Improvements

1) In your first picture, were the water ends, you could put some blue tiles to make it look nicer.

2) What did Harry Potter do to you? I would change the minifig face to a more unhappy face expression.

3) Around the head, you could put some blood around it with a rat or spider eating it.

4) In the cave, you could also add a skeleton lying down.

5) On the top of your MOC, you could add some more sand and a little less water. On the sand, you can put a pirate flag with a pirate sleeping under it.

Non-Brick Related

1) In your first picture, it is a little yellow and there is a shadow. You could possibly take another one with some more natural light.

2) For your story plot, you could expand it saying, "A screwed up pirate has villager’s heads in his cave." You could add something like that. Please don't copy what I wrote.

Overall- This is a good MOC. Some minor improvements to do, but when they are done, it will look even better. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Your small entry is very nice, but it could use some improvements. the water and beach is nice, but on the end of the add a blue tile where the studs are showing at the end of the water, as other members have said. The cave is nice, but it needs some improvements! The Harry Potter head should be replaced with a better head...mainly because he's smiling, and I wouldn't be smiling if I just got my head cut off! The cave seems a little empty...you could add a skeleton and some blood! Your entry is gruesome, but you can make it way more gruesome! You need some more stuff in the cave, and then you might have a chance of winning. I hope you take my comments into consideration and improve you entry! Good luck!