Sign in to follow this  
Captain Zuloo

Dinner Time!

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 26c

I had to think about this one for a while - I couldn't do too much blood due to brick constraint, and at the same time I wanted to capture the wickedness and cruelty of the pirates. Then I hit on it:

EDIT & FINAL

Dinner Time!

ptv-small002.jpg

ptv-small001.jpg

ptv-small003.jpg

The idea is simple - a pirate crew have just ransacked a port, and the captain is having a celebratory feast of home cooked Head Stew...

Enjoy!

Edited by SlyOwl

oarrrkk, that's gore! I like it chair ! this is a nice moc captain zuloo, and I hope you'll resize your images soon ^^

10/10 :thumbup:

I can't think to any advice to improve it... maybe change the floor colours, but that's not important^^

Edited by Guss

This contest has shown me that there are loads of crazy pirates out there. I like the arm in the cup, which I assume is supposed to represent something else. Nice one!

Well, here are the resized images. Also, could someone of authority please tell me if there is too much overhang?

Thanks.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

This contest has shown me that there are loads of crazy pirates out there. I like the arm in the cup, which I assume is supposed to represent something else. Nice one!

Originally the arm was supposed to be just that - an arm. But now it looks a bit like a straw of some kind. So for gruesome sake, I will say that it's a hollowed out arm that the captain is using as a straw. :jollyroger::pir_laugh2:

Great MOC you made there Zuloo. Love the throne.

Here's some suggestions:

- the image size is massive (should be 800 x 600 or less)

- the photo is not doing your work justice

- the lighting is good the picture just needs a tweak on capturing the composition

- be nice to see both pirates faces at least the captain

- the entire MOC should be visible (top skull is cropped)

Haha! What a great idea for an entry!

I love the big bowl of heads, and the table looks nice as well. Good idea giving the captain a large royal-looking seat.

Only 1 or 2 things you could improve

1) You should place the resized pictures in the first post, as that's the one that will be used for the judging.

2) I think it would look nice to put some brown or black tile on the table, but that's not too important.

3) Your pictures don't do this great MOC justice! The middle two are pretty blurry, but the other ones look great.

I would also use the last picture in your post first, because it's the best looking and as far as I can remember, that's the one that will be judged.

You have done an amazing job with this entry and I think it's my favorite small entry so far!

Good luck in the conttest!

My opinion + possible improvements:

Since almost everything has been said, I can only point out the fact that I think you really should take some better pictures.

One other thing is that you used a LOT of yellow in this MOC. A grey or brown floor might look better.

I also think daggers are better in place then 2 swords.

The theme of this MOC is :thumbup: , the cruelty factor is :thumbup: and the overall quality is :thumbup: .

I also think daggers are better in place then 2 swords

maybe, like me , he doesn't have daggers^^

I think this has to be my favourite entry, gory and somehow a simple and complicated build at the same time (like that brilliant table :pir-wub: )

If I could think of an improvement it would be to change the colour of either the floor or the chair as there is a lot of yellow.

I would make them darker colours so that the head pile stands out more, although this is not a major critique as the MOC is already amazing.

Well, here are the resized images. Also, could someone of authority please tell me if there is too much overhang?

Mr. Zuloo, would you be able to change the pics in your first post to the resized pic please?

Thanks.

And no i don't think there is too much overhang (in my non-professional opinion).

Mr. Zuloo, would you be able to change the pics in your first post to the resized pic please?

Thanks.

And no i don't think there is too much overhang (in my non-professional opinion).

Oops. Sorry Phred! I didn't see you had already taken care of this. Thanks! Nice work.

Cpt. Zuloo, this is truely a wonderful MOC, but there are some problems that I have noticed:

1. As others have mentioned, take some clearer shots and edit them into your first post- people who read this thread are likely to be more impressed when the images are in your first post.

2. Just as Strawberry has said, you might eant to place black or brown tiles on the table, as it would make the whole thing look much better.

4. I get the sense that the yellow tiles on the floor are supposed to simulate sand, but I think that tan tiles would work better for this. In fact, it might look even nicer if they were light grey, for stone walkways are commonly related with the villages of this era. Well, if you were to ask someone what they'd expect to see in this kind of village, one of the things they'd probably list would be stone flooring.

5. I am aware of the bloody gore that radiates from this scene, but that woud be emphised more by some weaponry and a little blood in the dish of heads.

This is only helpful advice, and in no way do I mean to offend you- this really is a worthy creation for this contest. :classic:

Haha! What a great idea for an entry!

2) I think it would look nice to put some brown or black tile on the table, but that's not too important.

I will try that out this afternoon to se if it looks decent - I don't have enough brown tiles but black shouldn't be a problem.

A grey or brown floor might look better.

Well, it was supposed to be set on a ship, but I will change it to grey as there is to much yellow.

maybe, like me , he doesn't have daggers^^

Correct - I got 1 I think in a divers set, but that was it.

Thanks for the great comment everyone - I'll make those changes thisafternoon and addpics then!

Opinion

Captian Zuloo, your have created a funny pirate scene. I like how you created the table using skeleton legs. The chair that the cheif pirate is sitting in is very good. I like how you put a skeleton head ontop and a pirate flag below it. The dinner tray that the other pirate is holding is funny. The heads as food and hands too? That must not taste so good. On the ground, I like how you put yellow tiles down to make the floor have a smooth surface.

Possible Improvements

1) Your second and third picture are blurry. I would retake both of them.

2) On the dinner tray, you could actually add some reall food made by LEGO.

Overall- This is a great small division entry. Some minor improvements to do, but other than that , your MOC is the best looking one I have seen for this category. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing

Righto - I have made some changes to my entry, and I'm really happy with it. I will post the images in the first post when I have a finnished entry.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

If you are looking at this thinking "There are no changes" there are, just it looks as though someone has edited one of my posts and got rid of the old pictures.

Edited by Captain Zuloo

That is even better!

Really nice work listening to our feedback and making your entry fantastic!

That is even better!

Really nice work listening to our feedback and making your entry fantastic!

Thanks - although I was really happy with it myself. Especially the shine from the table. I just realised one of the table legs is on an angle. (They caused me so much trouble to create!) But I will redo the shots anyway even if there is no more improvement.

Thanks everyone for all your great comments helping me make this MOC the best it can be.

Sadly, I have decided to forfit the Pillage the Village contest as I require some critical bricks from my entry for another model. So thank you for this great contest, and I'm glad you like my entry, but please discount it from the contest. :pir-classic:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

Erm, why quit, Zuloo? You can still be in the contest since your entry is already posted. If needed, you can always rebuild it. :pir-wink:

But I thought the entry had to stay built for the duration of the contest?:pir-whacko:

Only if the judges have to see it again, like from another angle or something like that. :pir-wink:

What's to say they won't want to see it again?

EDIT: Ok, you talked me into it, please disregard the above posts. :wink:

Edited by Captain Zuloo