Sign in to follow this  
Zorro

My napoleonic army

Last month I started sorting my Lego out.

Discovering all my old imperials, and being a fan of the theme, I wanted to build a Napoleonic army.(especcialy after I saw Bonapartes).

PICTURE 1: The heavy cavalry.

My beta version of my cuirassiers regiment, I still need some more though, and I have to equilise some details, like the plumes, horses,...

On the far right: Me inspecting the troops.

cuirrasiers.jpg

PICTURE 2: Landwehr (voluntary semi-civilian units, often commanded by local authorities or noblemen).

Some landwehr units, depending on wich battle it is, they can be used as German, Prussian or Austrian Landwehr soldiers. They usualy didn't have shakos, so the top hats are in one way or another historicaly correct. They also often had different weapons and rarely formed real firing lines.

I am still expanding this unit. I want at least 50 of these, but I still need some pirate captains as well for now...They are quit cheap, top hats cost nearly nothing and even the pirate captains torso is relatively cheap. Brown epaulettes (soldiers) and yellow ones (NCO) are the cheapest epaulettes as well...

landwehr1.jpg

PICTURE 3: English Dragoons.

I don't have enough plumes for all of them yet. And I saved my colored horses for my Auxialliary Cavalry units (Brunswick,...)

british_dragoons.jpg

PICTURE 4: English Brigadier-General with his ADC's (Aide De Camp = field assistants/adjudants, mostly junior officers that offer advise and carry direct orders to the unit commanders)

brigadeer_general.jpg

PICTURE 5: English infantry!

The 2nd Regiment of the British Guards Infantry: The famous Coldstream Guards !

Heavily armed veteran unit: played significant roles in many Napoleonic battles. 1 Battalion featured 900-1000men, more then the usual 600 of the standard Line Infantry battalion.

The two soldiers with white epaulettes on the right are paymasters. The red officer on the front is a brigadier-general and the one on the right is a captain of the staff.

coldstreamnew.jpg

And some basical line-infantry:

The officer on the right doesn't really fit in since he represents a mayor or higher... I need more blue epaulettes first before I can expand this unit, the other ones I own are used for another Line regiment...and I don't want to "double-use" my soldiers in multiple pictures.

coldstream_foot_guards.jpg

PICTURE 6: A little "showcase" on my desk...

You can see the British units I presented above, flanked by an Australian trumpet (1842), a REAL Napoleonic Bajonet (Swiss, 1802), one of my (modern...sadly) pistols: AW93, my uniform books and another Napoleonic book I bought for one Euro from the Library. The small shako is the one officers of the Belgium RMS (Royal Military School) of Brussels receive when they graduate as a 2nd Lieutenant. Thought this style might look good, if you agree I might use this for more of my future pics (each time with different stuff, obviously).

overview.jpg

PICTURE 7: My entire English army

My army as it is, although heavy reinforcements are coming in, my French army is larger btw.

And the English received a fresh new guards company.

englisharmee.jpg

PICTURE 8: My French Line Infantry Regiment.

The soldiers on the right, wearing yellow epaulettes have gotten these because I currently have a shortage on red ones. I used the last ones for my French foot battery. On the utter right you can see a piece of the regimental artillery (the French Infantry units only had cannons during some years of the war, mainly captured Austrian cannons).

frenchline.jpg

NEXT TIME: French Artillery + more British units?? Naval forces?? I don't know yet....

MY NEXT PURCHASES: bluecoats, epaulettes (red, blue and brown, maybe white), silver armor and helmets, pirate captain torsos. Possibly more shakos, backpacks and/or horses as well.

Edited by Zorro

Well you were right about one thing - It is a WIP! :pir-tongue: I think you should make your sigfig your avatar. I just prefer LEGO ones for some reason.

I have always wanted to build an army - but they've always been so darn expensive! Maybe the new pirate line may help though...

Well you were right about one thing - It is a WIP! :pir-tongue: I think you should make your sigfig your avatar. I just prefer LEGO ones for some reason.

I have always wanted to build an army - but they've always been so darn expensive! Maybe the new pirate line may help though...

I have loads of imperials representing infantry and I have artillery units as well, but I haven't posted any pic of them yet.

I just wanted to show my heavy cavalry units.

BTW These silver armors and silver and golden helmets are expensive as gold, there are only a few sellers who have these and they cost 5 USD per piece +S&H that is, since most sellers only have one...

Bonaparte probably bought most of the silver helmets anyway :pir-sceptic: .

The rest will follow later, this day or tomorrow I will post the next pic (in my first post) representing a Landwehr unit (about 20-30 soldiers)

Edited by zorro3999

These silver armors and silver and golden helmets are expensive as gold, there are only a few sellers who have these and they cost 5 USD per piece +S&H that is, since most sellers only have one...

Wow! I had no idea... I will put mine in a little glass case with purple velvet. :pir_laugh2: Any idea exactly how maany infantry etc.?

Wow! I had no idea... I will put mine in a little glass case with purple velvet. :pir_laugh2: Any idea exactly how maany infantry etc.?

CURRENTLY I have:

about 100 imperial soldiers (incl. artillery)

around 50-60 guards (English soldiers)

well above 150 others (auxialliaries, germans, austrian,...) Most have the pirate captain torsos or the "navy"style pirate one

smaller numbers of cavalry like these

15 officers (governors/admirals torsos)

Actually I am buying like crazy now, I just bougt 25 horses, 4 extra red cannon and loads of weapons (and 4 imperials) on bricklink.

Now I will wait till next month to buy the next load of Imperials (I want at least the double of that number by the end of next year)

Waiting for the new line has few use since i need bluecoats, their shakos will be usefull though (although I have enough for now)

More pics will follow.

Edited by zorro3999

it'll be fun to see your army growing and growing with your futures improvement. ^^ and I'm sorry I have no silver helmets^^

can we have a picture of your entire army ? the 200+ peoples, it should be awesome ^^

I just bougt 25 horses since i need bluecoats

If you are going to comment on other people's grammar, you need to get it right yourself. I just bought 25 horse. since I need bluecoats.

And nice score of guys you have there! :thumbup:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

it'll be fun to see your army growing and growing with your futures improvement. ^^ and I'm sorry I have no silver helmets^^

can we have a picture of your entire army ? the 200+ peoples, it should be awesome ^^

I will post one of them if they are all fully equipped (I have too few epaulettes, backpacks, horses, muskets,...could take some time I'm afraid), but I am posting more pics later this day or week.

Next ones:

-artillery (french, with imperial uniforms and shakos)

-landwehr

If you are going to comment on other people's grammar, you need to get it right yourself. I just bought 25 horse. since I need bluecoats.

And nice score of guys you have there! :thumbup:

Typos...and I only check my spelling if I comment to the PTV contest :pir_laugh2: mostly I am too lazy...

i nevr cmment to peopl speling used fore normallposting on the foum.

Unless it gets out of hand like in my previous sentence. Also English is not my primary language, I learned it from TV (Simpsons, South Park,...) :pir-laugh:

Edited by zorro3999

No Sir, I never even bought 1 silver helmet in my life :pir-classic:

Now I got you thinking... right?

Sorry, but no-one can get him to think. He doesn't have the brain capacity! :pir-tongue:

oww....painting them yourself...cheater ! :pir-tongue:

No, I like the idea...but first I'll try if I can get enough of them the classic way, it is a WIP so...

I can paint them myself if I wanted to, I have an Old Glory Nap.army too so I have the materials.

Sorry, but no-one can get him to think. He doesn't have the brain capacity!

HEY, I AM REPORTING THIS TO THE STAFF ! :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2::pir-laugh:

Edited by zorro3999

HEY, I AM REPORTING THIS TO THE STAFF ! :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2::pir-laugh:

I wouldn't bother - they know too! :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I've used paint, but I didn't do it with a simple brush.

We were discussing this somewhere in 2006 in this topic, but I realize that's a long time ago so I'll share the secret once more:

helmet.jpg

This is a picture of my airbrush:

airbrush.jpg

Cheat!

My brain automatically starts searching for a suitable title for you :devil:

That wouldn't be allowed in PTV would it?

I've got no idea. Read the rules :tongue:

My brain automatically starts searching for a suitable title for you.

What about something like - awesome guy that is cooler than me because I am nothing more than a cheat, cheat, cheat! :pir-tongue:

What about something like - awesome guy that is cooler than me because I am nothing more than a cheat, cheat, cheat! :pir-tongue:

NOW you'r gonna get it I'm afraid:

Mess with the best, die like the rest !

(With the best I am referring to Bonaparty.) suck up....suck up.....suck up....

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT BONAPARTE, and don't worry, I know how and have the tools...

I have a 500+ man strong Old Glory army (still expanding!)Old Glory miniatures

Edited by zorro3999

(With the best I am referring to Bonaparty.)

I'm afraid I was actually messing with you, not Bonaparte so don't use that as an excuse, or I'll have you hung, drawn and quartered! :pir_laugh2:

I'm afraid I was actually messing with you, not Bonaparte so don't use that as an excuse, or I'll have you hung, drawn and quartered! :pir_laugh2:

YOU CALLED THE GREAT AND AWESOME PARTYBONER a C.H.E.A.T. !!!

Cheat! Bonaparte is a worthless cheat and his army looks like nothing.
What about something like - super-awesome guy that is way cooler than me because I am nothing more than a lousy cheat, cheat, cheating rat!

WHY DID YOU SAY AL THAT? I think it is realy insulting. And now don't quickly edit it, I already pasted it here!

aka You're dead. :jollyroger: :pir-skull: :pir_laugh2:

I love the way his painted black helmets look sooo real. I realy didn't notice they were painted. Now I don't know what to do, I mean they are expensive but maybe I am prepared (and crazy enough) to actually keep buying them since I like my Lego unchanged...

Edited by zorro3999

Well, I got what I desserved - Walrus disrespecting pirate! Call me a pirate! You just wait Sinner. One of these days I will skuttle you :jollyroger:

Well, I got what I desserved - Walrus disrespecting pirate! Call me a pirate! You just wait Sinner. One of these days I will skuttle you :jollyroger:

What has Sinner to do with this??? Did he give you your title??? :pir-classic:

And I though you be happy to be called a pirate...

EDIT: NOW I see !

Largley Bonaparte and Mister Phes. I generally don't wander too far out of the pirate forum. And what do I need the opinion of a walrus anyway?
Edited by zorro3999

That looks like an excellent start of an army, i love the chrome armors! :thumbup:

Any new pics off the other troops yet?

I've used paint, but I didn't do it with a simple brush.

We were discussing this somewhere in 2006 in this topic, but I realize that's a long time ago so I'll share the secret once more:

That is excellent info, thanks B! :thumbup:

I always found that paint wore off easily, so modelmaster and 24 hours drying time it is!

NOW you'r gonna get it I'm afraid:

Mess with the best, die like the rest !

(With the best I am referring to Bonaparty.) suck up....suck up.....suck up....

THANKS FOR SHARING THAT BONAPARTE, and don't worry, I know how and have the tools...

I have a 500+ man strong Old Glory army (still expanding!)Old Glory miniatures

Ah the empire! warhammer right?

Those chrome breastplates are excellent! Whish I had some for my generals :pir_bawling:

Ah the empire! warhammer right?

Those chrome breastplates are excellent! Whish I had some for my generals :pir_bawling:

Thanks, old Glory has many branches of minifigs. I have Napoleonic soldiers.

NEW PICTURE ADDED !!!

next ones tomorrow....this is a WIP, people... :pir-wink:

Edited by zorro3999