Sign in to follow this  
xwingyoda

Review: 4766 Harry Potter - Graveyard Duel

Guys, I just came home from my Paris "Lego" store !!!! They received all the HP sets yeasterday !!!!!!

I bought the Horntail Dragon and the graveyard !!!! I will build them now and post my reviews of those sets today / tomorrow !!!!!!

Hey yoda,

Could you let me do these? I've got all four coming in around Wednesday (might get the three besides Durmstrang Ship in today, though!), and I haven't had a chance to do a review in a while. :-D

I don't see any problem in you BOTH doing it...

Each one of you can piont out the good points of the sets. This way, anything that either Yoda or Bloody Jay has missed, the other can fill in on it. If you guys want, you can even post it all in one thread. ;)

I am currently taking pics of the graveyard set !!! Itsd an amazing set !!! The BEST HP set ever !!!!

The dragon one is boring to hell !!!

I've build the dagon and the MFs, but the rest will stay as parts !!! The only great thing is that the claws on the dragon wings are ... tan bananas !!!!! Yeahhhhhh

So Jay, feel free to review this set ;)

I am currently taking pics of the graveyard set !!! Itsd an amazing set !!! The BEST HP set ever !!!!

The dragon one is boring to hell !!!

I've build the dagon and the MFs, but the rest will stay as parts !!! The only great thing is that the claws on the dragon wings are ... tan bananas !!!!! Yeahhhhhh

So Jay, feel free to review this set ;)

Tan bananas? :oD I have to get some of those! Only a matter of time before I get some of these parts from Bricklink!

Yes Mister Bildur you have 2 tan bananas in that set !!!!

They are much better than the yellow ones !!!!!!

here is a pic for you ;)

post-2-1125764640.jpg

OK guys, here is my review of this fantastic graveyard set !!!!!

First, there are nearly no letdowns in this set !!!!

Here are a few of them:

* not enough parts to make a complete green skellie

* no black legs for the dark angel

* the two small tombs are not that great

* the cloth piece on the 2 MFs

Apart from that its a fantastic set !!!! really great.

Since there are too many things to show, I will base this review on what I really prefer !!!!

1) The figs

The figs are awsome !!!!!!

Here is the black skellie and the made up green/black skellie

img_0687.jpg

and here are the other nasty heads !!! ohhh missa scared !!!!

img_0685.jpg

img_0689.jpg

2) The gate

Its a nice simple gate !!! I love the black fences and the parts that connect them !!!

You can have a closed area (gate in a rectangle). Also, for a town cemetarry, you can rebuild it to fit your town !!!!

Its really nice.

img_0658.jpg

3) The cart

Its a nice little cart, nothing really to talk about !!! The front can be moved and can open !!

img_0659.jpg

4) The tree

The tree is nice !!! Bats do hang on branches, there are 2 spiders on the side and a white skellie lying in front hehe missa continue to be scared.

img_0660.jpg

img_0661.jpg

5) The small tomb

Nothing really special on the two small tombs, pretty cool. There are new prited 2x2 tiles with skellies (1 with the top, and one with the bottom).

img_0672.jpg

img_0674.jpg

img_0682.jpg

6) Bigger tomb

Its a really nice looking tomb !!!! There is a dark grey frog on top (nice !!!), and another white skellie comes out of it !!!!

img_0668.jpg

img_0671.jpg

7) Riddle's tomb

One of the best thing in this set !!!!!!

The dark angel looks really sweeeeeeet !!!

img_0675.jpg

Here are other views.

img_0684.jpg

img_0676.jpg

8) the chapel

The chapel is really sweet!!!!

First there is the water and trashcan part:

img_0662.jpg

On the wall of the chapel, there are a broom and shovel !!!

img_0663.jpg

This is a must buy set (even at the high price !!!! darn that) !!!

I really give it a 9/10

Enjoy it !!!

If you want some special pics, feel free to ask

Very nice review, Yoda! However, I have one little question. Are the last three things that you listed supposed to have pictures that go with them? If so, I can't see them... :/

EDIT: I can properly view them now. Thanks again for the review. ;)

And now the chapel per se !!!

img_0664.jpg

img_0665.jpg

You can take away the stairs and it reveals two layers in the chapel !!!

img_0666.jpg

In conclusion, this is a must buy set (even at the high price !!!! darn that) !!!

I really give it a 9/10

Enjoy it !!!

If you want some special pics, feel free to ask

i think that if I had told someone two years ago that LEGO was about to release set set of a graveyard; a lot of people would have laughed in my face... *wacko*

I thik it's really cool though; I already foresee plans with the black skeleton :)

I don't see any problem in you BOTH doing it...

Each one of you can piont out the good points of the sets. This way, anything that either Yoda or Bloody Jay has missed, the other can fill in on it. If you guys want, you can even post it all in one thread. ;)

I completely agree! When I go to buy something of value like a camera, printer, DVD burner, etc. I like to read multiple reviews to get an overall idea what the product is like. Reading one review maybe completely misreading. This one reviewer might like the product while another 10 might hate it! But from reading just one review you'd never know.

However, I'd prefer a more critical review with good and bad points. No point saying the set has all these good things if it has far more bads things!

how big is the box, yoda, just out of curiosity...

Sne the box dimensions are :

L = 38 cm

H = 28,5 cm

D = 5,8 cm

Hope this helped ;)

i just think that these boxes are too large these days. they hardly fit your suitcase, yoda :P

Xwingyoda: thank you for taking the time to shoot the great images and posting a review. I ordered the set Friday and am looking forward to getting it. - it will make a great Halloween set and possibly a future boot hill. I plan to add some cowboy hats for the skeletons and a few more western pieces and it will look great!

This appears to be a great set for a Halloween, city graveyard, boot hill, or for the HP fan. It sells for $30 here in the U.S. which doesn't seem to be a bad price at all.

Thanks again for the review.

That was excellent. TLC can personally thank you for the 2 copies of this set I ordered from S@H yesterday (normally I don't buy HP).

Cheers.

Gyl