Sign in to follow this  
NewRight

Port Royale Magnifigio

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 24d

Pronounced (mag-niff-e-geo) :pir-laugh:

A nice Port town that isn't so magnificent any more. Anyway on with the MOC. :pir-classic:

One member of the once peaceful village now run by pirates writes...

Our town... it has vanished. There is nothing left for us, but cruelty.

CIMG5076-1.jpg

CIMG5061-1.jpg

CIMG5060-1.jpg

CIMG5053-1.jpg

CIMG5047-1.jpg

CIMG5046-1.jpg

One of my large MOCs since I am usually a 32x32 diorama type of person. This MOC a little over 32x48.

Here is a MOCPages Link for anyone interested.

This MOC only took a few days to build not including the days it took to design some of the other techniques used in the MOC itself.

Anyway thanks for taking your time to look :pir-sweet: ,

NewRight

Edited by SlyOwl

An entry into PTV! Sorry I didn't manage to include it in the description. This is the large category. I now can't change the title or description. :pir-cry_sad:

IMAGE HEAVY!

1- This will need a new thread as it doesn't clearly say it's a PTV entry and so would be diqualified.

2- 6 images is the maximum amount of photos before the entry is void from the competition.

As far as improvements, make it a legitimate entry, add more scary faces if possible, and add more confusion in general. At the moment it looks as though there are just a few pirates destroying a fortified town? Um - no. Add more pirates, soldiers and victims to make it look more of a massacre! :pir_laugh2:

Good luck!

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice MOC! Lots of detail and techniques :pir-blush:

I like the flames, the docks and its cruelty! :pir-skull:

Keep up the good work and good luck at the contest! :thumbup:

really nice entry newright, I love the shape of the part of the dock that reach water, and what does this guy is doing under it ? trying to hide from the pirates ? ^^

good luck with the contest!

Edited by Guss

That's a really nice entry Newright! The SNOT is very good and you have included many nice details.

A few improvements you could make are:

1)The rules state that you can only have 6 pictures in your entry thread, so I would try to fix that.

2) I would like to see one overview picture of the MOC, as it's a bit hard to see the actual structure of the MOC with so many close-ups. Your pictures are very nice and clear though.

3) There is not very much blood... I would certainly add some blood and a few more people being attacked and the like. It looks a bit like a peaceful town scene rather than a big massacre.

If you take a few of these considerations in mind, I'm sure this will turn out to be a fantastic entry! (Even though it's already great)

Good work!

An entry into PTV! Sorry I didn't manage to include it in the description. This is the large category. I now can't change the title or description. :pir-cry_sad:

I've updated the description for you.

Also you'll need to resize your images to 800x600 in order to comply with contest guidelines.

A fantastic entry NewRight!

I like the fire bursting through the broken wall, and :pir-wub: the crude orc sword as a pirate one, it fits really well.

Oh and GOOD LUCK on winning a prize!

My opinion:

Your MOC looks fantastic, but so far it seems you only build the background, because I think it lacks action and cruelty.

But you have a very nice "base" to start with, add or change a few things and I think you will even be eligible to win a prize !

I especcialy like some of the minifigs, the fire, the docks and the doorway.

Possible improvements:

1) Add more action: some additional soldiers (dead or alive), more pirates and victims, an animal or 2, ....

2) WE WANT MORE BLOOD, GUTS AND INTESTINES !!! Please give us some :pir-skull: .

3) I have doubts about the function of the ...err..."guardhouse": it doesn't look that good and real to me, (just MHO though).

4) Add more scary/scared faces: let the pirates be cruel and ugly and the victims should be crying for help!

(I don't know about any limitations you might have regarding this, but if you have others, then give it a try! Experiment!)

5) There are small spaces between some of your bricks (I am referring to the wall).

Push a bit harder on top of them to eliminate those.

Non-brick related advise:

1) FOLLOW THE RULES regarding the pictures: if you don't you might/will be disqualified ! DA RULES

Your pictures are way too large BTW ! Respect the maximum of 800x600.

2) Watch your grammar and the way you construct your sentences. Maybe you could use an (online) dictionary or translation tool.

Eg. One member of the once peaceful village now run by pirates writes...

I think this could be done a lot better, but since English is my second language as well, I do not dare to give advise about how to improve it.

3) Add, as Erdbeereis suggests, one pic containing an overview of the entire MOC.

Keep building, make some improvements and have fun with the contest !

Edited by zorro3999

I've updated the description for you.

Also you'll need to resize your images to 800x600 in order to comply with contest guidelines.

See! The Captain was right. ,chant>Zuloo's the best. Zuloo's the best.</chant>

Edited by Captain Zuloo

I realize some of the mistakes. I also know when not to post an MOC> :pir-tongue: (If anyone understands)

Thanks you to everyone for the help. This is also not a PTV WIP. Just a finished entry. I don't expect to change anything else. I will resize the pictures and be done. I also now have updated it to include on six pictures. I also had a little photography incident on BuildersLounge so I guess this post was inevitably going to have some flaw and I simply didn't realize it. I also don't own any Pirate torsos so I had to improvise if you look closely. I don't know about the gore either. I just have never been a person to include that in an MOC.

Thanks,

NewRight

Edited by NewRight

I realize some of the mistakes. I also know when not to post an MOC> :pir-tongue: (If anyone understands)

Thanks you to everyone for the help. This is also not a PTV WIP. Just a finished entry. I don't expect to change anything else. I will resize the pictures and be done. I also now have updated it to include on six pictures. I also had a little photography incident on BuildersLounge so I guess this post was inevitably going to have some flaw and I simply didn't realize it. I also don't own any Pirate torsos so I had to improvise if you look closely. I don't know about the gore either. I just have never been a person to include that in an MOC.

Thanks,

NewRight

Well, I think you have done well anyway, it's just that many of us are after the "critics" prize, if you know what I mean :pir_laugh2: .

It is hard to build a pirate MOC without real pirate torsos, but you have done so nicely, I did notice it but I didn't mention it since they were of such good quality already...

So, a big :thumbup: from me !

isn't there a real pirate torso , the man close to the entry ?

anyway, you did a nice job !

isn't there a real pirate torso , the man close to the entry ?

anyway, you did a nice job !

Yes there is. The Captain Redbeard torso, but with yellow arms.

This is a very good large entry, but it could use some improvements:

1. The color choice for the wall in the second picture is a bit strange, and would look better in grey. In fact, if the sewer section was pictured, it would add much depth to the MOC.

2. I don't quite understand the point of the guard house, which just looks out of place.

3. I think that the creation would look better if there was more fire by the gap in the wall so that it was filled almost completely.

4. The hole in the wall is good, but the long, thin gaps next to it just look strange and pointless.

5. The switch in floor color from grey to brown is odd, as is the switch from smooth tiles to tan plates. I suggest making the floor one consistent color and style. If you want to make one part of the floor a different color, don't make it jagged, but a definate section.

Other than those minor gripes, this is a very nice entry! I don't think that it needs more gore, for the contest doesn't require you to make the walls and floor coated with blood- it just needs the village to be pillaged. However, a LITTLE more gore would be welcome. :tongue:

Edited by Adam

I guess everyone demands gore. I already demolished this MOC unfortunately. Lack of space. :pir_bawling:

I may have to make another MOC featuring lots o' gore. I'm just not an evil person. :pir-wink:

Thanks for the comments everyone. You can also view more photos on FlickR.

Side Notes:

~To many creative critics. :cannon:

~Donate to the national charity fund of NewRight. Help him gain more desk space. (One day.) :pir-grin:

It looks rather well, i like the fire. I think however it could use more minifigs to add to the comotion, and maybe a bit more active cruelty.

Nice entry, NewRight. :thumbup:

What I like:

The hectic vibe is great, really one of the things we want to see. The wall with the drains is very good, and the huge flame ball is eye-pooping.

What could be improved:

There really isn't a lot of blood or violence, which I would be sure to include.

Nice entry, though, good luck on winning!

Even without tons of gore, I think you've done a wonderful job Newright!

I wish you good luck in the contest! :pir-classic:

Opinion

I like your MOC very much NewRight. I can tell you have put hours into your MOC and it has paid off. I can see that there are a lot of dead villagers on the ground. I like that one of the villagers is being hung. In the second picture, I like how the fire is pouring through the walls. Also, to the left of the giant fire, you put a treasure chest and other wood pieces next to the fire. I also like the plants and spilled gold you added. I see you used brown and gray tiles for the ground, nice job. The walls you made look very hard to make. I like how you have that villager trying to escape through the sewers. In your third picture, is that a custom sword that the pirate is holding? If so, I like it very much and great job creating it!

Possible Improvements

1) I don't see much, actually, any blood by the dead bodies. You should add some to your MOC.

2) What does the Jester have to do with this story? I would take it out because I really don't find a use for it in your MOC.

3) You could have a fighting scene. Maybe a pirate stabbing a villager and blood pouring out of him.

Non-Brick Related

1) Your pictures should not be bigger than 640xx480.

2) There are a few grammar mistakes in your description. For example, "A nice Port town that isn't so magnificent so more." You could say, a nice Port Town that is not so magnificent any more because of the accursed pirates.

Overall- This is a terrific MOC. You could fix some small improvements to your MOC. After that is done, your MOC will be even better. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing