70 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• I'm sorry I can't seem to decide just how cool it is
    • soooooo cool
    • Outstanding
    • Truly amazing, best idea ever!
    • I truly can't live life without it!

Outstanding work!

I think we should hold off on changing the teams till after the competition is voted on.

Then we can set forth on the next chapter of this awesome challenge. I like the idea of new smaller teams using WIP shots etc to arrive at the best modules for their group. Lets see what others think too.

So I will hold off on posting the new layout and floor plan if thats what others are happy with.

:classic:

I wouldn't mind If we kept alpha and beta because then we can still compare each module to the module of the other team. Like If a Beta member made a siege we could compare mine and theirs and I just like competition on modules.

Very cool new layout Thrash. Love that there is more room and modules to build. Thanks for all your hard work. Both you and ISC are to be commended. As for the teams, I'd like to keep the Alpha and Beta rivalry. Don't see any reason to change it. :tongue:

Thanks guys!

Now that I think about it, we probably should just stick with the Alpha and Beta teams. When the project was just getting started I remember trying to get people on the same team to do modules that were together and it just didn't work at all, so the district-based teams probably wouldn't work very well either.

I don't think it matters much when we switch to the new layout. All of the old modules are still in it and are still the same size, so no one would have to worry about their module not counting anymore. I'll work on transfering all of the names from the current module list to the new one so that we can still see who has done what modules. When I transfer all of the names, should I just copy all the names or should I only put people's names on modules that they've already completeled? I feel like the list is getting too cluttered with people who have signed up a while ago and then decided not to do the modules after all.

The point of the new layout was just to be easier to read, give us more room, and look cooler. :classic:

~Thrash

Great work Thrash! :cry_happy: The new layout looks excellent. :thumbup:

I agree that we should just keep Alpha and Beta, especially now that we have a good rivalry brewing. :devil: Just make sure ISC doesn't put me on Beta. :grin:

Definitely just put names next to completed modules. People aren't really following the whole "say which module you're doing" anyway. It will make it look much neater in my opinion.

I would like to now make the "G5. Gate from Military w/ Guard Post" because now that my dwarf mine is disassembled I can make more than one module at one time.

Great work Thrash! :cry_happy: The new layout looks excellent. :thumbup:

I agree that we should just keep Alpha and Beta, especially now that we have a good rivalry brewing. :devil: Just make sure ISC doesn't put me on Beta. :grin:

Definitely just put names next to completed modules. People aren't really following the whole "say which module you're doing" anyway. It will make it look much neater in my opinion.

To be honest I was getting over all the old names on the list. I agree that only placing completed builders on each module is better, and means I don't have to colour code the list either. It will also make people want to tackle something even if 3 people were already planning on doing it.

Alpha and Beta stay, I love the whole rivalry thing at the moment.

Once everyone is happy with the Module list and placement I will update the first post in each thread. :classic:

Jerryman I was also intrigued by the gatehouse ideas too, so I may crack one of those as well.

Jerryman I was also intrigued by the gatehouse ideas too, so I may crack one of those as well.

I chose the G5. Gate from Military w/ Guard Post because It was right next to the siege I have built and Therefore can be connected and I can show you them connected.

I just realized that I hadn't thumbnailed Erd's or JerryMan's new modules yet, so here they are. I didn't bother to do the wall that was under seige since Jerry said he was going to redo it. Jerry, if you change your mind, just let me know and I'll go ahead and thumbnail your current wall under seige. :classic:

Erd's:

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/erdbeereis/3214131012/"][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thrash6/EBCCB/EBCCBThumbs/kitchenerdbeeries.jpg][/url]

Jerry Man's:

[b]*Jerry Man*[/b]
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/reuben_h/3214146679/"][img=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/thrash6/EBCCB/EBCCBThumbs/cooperjerryman.jpg][/url]

~Thrash

First post updated with the new layout and listings.

I may have a crack at a few this weekend. Not telling what ones though. :grin:

First post updated with the new layout and listings.

I may have a crack at a few this weekend. Not telling what ones though. :grin:

I hope You make a Gate with Guard Post so I can see what kind of things you make.

Just finished updated siege and the Gate from Military w/ Guard Post although the guard post is a small hut-like building in which there are a few swords.Just need to take pics.

Edited by *Jerry Man*

It looks like beta needs some spelling work! :tongue:

kitchenerdbeeries.jpg

Erdbeeries. :laugh:

Looks like Alpha needs their eyesight checked! :grin:

...Just joking, thanks for pointing out my mistake. All fixed now. :classic:

...Just joking, thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Let's enlarge that a bit... :tongue:

Thanks for fixing it! :classic:

Let's enlarge that a bit...

...Just more proof of Alpha's poor eye-sight! :grin:

Back on topic though: ISC, do you think that we should put names next to the modules that are already done, or just have the list stay with no names at all to encourage people to do modules even if they've been done?

~Thrash

Edited by Thrash

...Just more proof of Alpha's poor eye-sight! :grin:

Back on topic though: ISC, do you think that we should put names next to the modules that are already done, or just have the list stay with no names at all to encourage people to do modules even if they've been done?

~Thrash

I'm tossing up about this myself, perhaps the thumbnails are enough recognition of each person's achievements. I will leave it bare for the time being.

Ah, much better! :grin:

Perhaps these may be better :tongue:

603px-Magnifying_glass_01.svg.png

Now I have some building to do :wink:

I personally like having people's names next to modules they've done, because I prefer tackling something that hasn't been done yet. But I can still do a re-peat if I want feel like it. Just my 2 cents, I'm fine with anything. :thumbup:

By the way, nice new title ISC, or should I say Hinckley? :tongue:

I'm tossing up about this myself, perhaps the thumbnails are enough recognition of each person's achievements. I will leave it bare for the time being.

Now I have some building to do :wink:

Ok, that sounds good. Oooh! New modules from ISC soon! :thumbup:

Here's an example of what I meant for the modules like "Platform 1" on the roof of the keep. Obviously, people could put things on it like drunk guards, seige equipment. I think it'll look nicer if we tile it too. What do you guys think?

ebccb_roof_platform.jpg

~Thrash

Ok, that sounds good. Oooh! New modules from ISC soon! :thumbup:

Here's an example of what I meant for the modules like "Platform 1" on the roof of the keep. Obviously, people could put things on it like drunk guards, seige equipment. I think it'll look nicer if we tile it too. What do you guys think?

~Thrash

I would prefer to see something a little fancier on the roof of the keep, more fortified.

Like this perhaps

wall1.jpg

I would prefer to see something a little fancier on the roof of the keep, more fortified.

That does look much better. You win. :classic:

How does everyone feel about this one?

ebccb_roof_platform.jpg

Only the top keep modules would have that roof, correct?

Correct. Think of it as kind of the fourth floor of the keep...

~Thrash

Edited by Thrash

The roof looks neat, but they will all need to look the same, apart from some birds, chimneys and lost minifigs. Because the roof if part of the outside, it needs to be a lot more consistent than other modules.

As posted in the Team Beta thread...

The princess has come to visit the royal prince in all his gold. I also know I narrowly missed part of the criteria regarding the arches and connection points for the hall to the quarters themselves. Sorry.

CIMG6476.jpg

View more at...

Flickr and even more at BrickShelf [When Moderated]

Zack