Rapier:

BrickArms_Rapier_02.jpg

BrickArms_Rapier_01.jpg

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You steal my BrickArms. Prepare to die."

Removable Bayonet:

BrickArms_Bayonet_01.jpg

BrickArms_Bayonet_03.jpg

BrickArms_Bayonet_02.jpg

The BrickArms Bayonet is made up of two parts: the Spike Bayonet and the U-Clip ("U" for universal as it can clip to darn near everything!). Removed from the clip, the Spike Bayonet makes for a great thin dagger . . . or a shiv!

BrickArms_Bayonet_04.jpg

The U-Clip also has many, many potential uses as it can used to attach any two minifig-grippable items together. Here, I've used it to add a BrickArms Combat Knife to the BrickArms M4 for a more modern take of high-seas piracy:

BrickArms_Bayonet_06.jpg

Like all prototypes, the designs and colors of the items are subject to change in the final production items. The release date of these items also has yet to be determined yet, but rest assured, you'll read about it here when they're available!

badger

OH MY GOSH! Those things are awesome! Please exuse me for a moment... *Goes to BrickArms* :P

Removed from the clip, the Spike Bayonet makes for a great thin dagger . . . or a shiv!

-snip-

You have no idea how hard that made me laugh. :pir_laugh2: Considering how a friend of mine won't shut up about shivs, shanks, shanking, shiving, etc. :pir_laugh2:

Those look great! The Rapier may be a bit long, I think, to be held by a rubber band around a Minifig's waist and looking natural. Could we have a comparison with the standard LEGO cutlass? The bayonet is great! I want a Brickarms backpack with a holder for the bayonet components. Maybe some Brickarms ammo pouches. :pir-cry_happy:

Thank you very much for making these, I WILL definatly order rapiers and bayonets for my Napoleonic Army and pirates !

The bayonet especcialy looks sooo good !

Wow, these are fantastic! You guys are producing just too many good stuff! I'm definately going to order some bayonets and a couple Rapiers!

the rapier is awsome, and the bayonet is cool, but rather inapropriet on the blunderbuss, i think a new rifle should be in store, and a pistol too

Wow, awesome work guys! :thumbup: Those look great! Your going to make me bankrupt with all this good stuff. :pir_laugh2: I'll definitely get a few when they come available. :pir-sweet: That U-clip is pretty damn cool, I'm sure it will be really useful for all sorts of things. It's nice to see your branching out into bladed weapons now too.

Because you Pirate fans demanded them! ....

Cool stuff :-)

Indeed a new rifle would also be welcome ...

Andreas

Could we have a comparison with the standard LEGO cutlass?

Certainly!

Rapier_and_TLG_Cutlass_Compare_01.jpg

Rapier_and_TLG_Cutlass_Compare_02.jpg

Measuring, the BA rapier is only about 4mm longer than the TLG cutlass. As the real-life cutlass was a short-sword and the rapier was a comparatively longer weapon, this puts the BA weapon in appropriate scale with other minifig accessories.

I don't have a rubber band to test it, but hold the sword to the side of the fig, the blade looks perfectly natural. Believe me, we test and retest every prototype before we display them, and the length of the rapier was a part of the design everyone at BrickArms (especially Damien, our resident bladed-items expert) paid close attention to.

Indeed a new rifle would also be welcome ...

That is a neat idea, but it doesn't quite fit into what Will is currently working on - bladed and modern weaponry - none of which works in the brown color. We'll see what the future holds for BrickArms down the road!

badger

The prototypes look great, I especially love the Rapier! :pir-wub:

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You steal my BrickArms. Prepare to die."
Now where's the six fingered man? :wink:

WOW! These are awesome. Would you please post some pics of the M1 and bayonet? I think the length of the rapier is good. It's about the length of the katana, right?

Tony

Those are absolutely awesome Badger! :pir-oh3:

Wow, I will have to buy some of those.

One thing though, the rapier hilt looks a little too thick. I could be completely wrong, but especially in the side by side comparison with the cutlass, it looks a bit thicker.

Great, nonetheless!

I love those bayonets! :pir-wub:

The rapier is very nice too. :thumbup:

Where can i buy them!?! :pir-classic:

Great job, like always :pir_laugh2: !

I must buy this awesome swords and gun's. I think the best idea ist the knife at the gun for cool jungel-Battles or a history moc :pir-cry_happy: !

So great job again...

...greetings Star-Sam

Badger, your customs are brilliant! I've scheduled these images with a nice blurb to be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com within the next couple of days!

Badger, your customs are brilliant! I've scheduled these images with a nice blurb to be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com within the next couple of days!

Much appreciated! Still, I can't stress enough these aren't my customs; they're entirely the work of Will Chapman! I do pitch in with design ideas and critiques, but all of the actual work designing, prototyping, and bringing the accessories to market is all the work of Will. He's the truly the magic behind BrickArms! Of course, the power behind the throne is his youngest son, Ian. He's the real authority of BA!

Will was a bit hesitant to leap into non-WWII and modern firing weapons at first. However, when the Combat Knife, Machete, and Dadao turned out so well and the fan feedback on those items was so positive, that only encouraged him to do more. That, and the wonderful response we got in this forum when we asked about Pirate-themed custom items didn't hurt one bit! I was a strong advocate for a bayonet, and all the requests for one gave me alot of pull when I brought the idea to Will

Bottom line - if you dig these items, let us know! Molds are being worked on right now, and there's always future accessories to think about!

badger

I don't think they will be that expensive, in regard to the prices of the other items sold on Brickarms.

That is what I hope at least... :pir-wink: , but I think they will be lenient.

I will buy them for my Napoleonic soldiers at some point, the bayonets and clips, that is.

Nice, I really like that rapier. I always thought that the Lego cutlass was a tad short. Hopefully these make it into the mass-production stage. :pir-classic:

QUOTE (the enigma that is badger @ Oct 6 2008, 07:08 PM) *

Removed from the clip, the Spike Bayonet makes for a great thin dagger . . . or a shiv!

-snip-

You have no idea how hard that made me laugh. pir_laugh2.gif Considering how a friend of mine won't shut up about shivs, shanks, shanking, shiving, etc. pir_laugh2.gif

Seriously: cracked me up good.

Also, zorro3999, nice picture (also very funny).

More seriously, these are great accessories!

~ Medievalego ~

Very nice. I've been waiting so long for bayonets, not for pirates, but to equip my Civil War soldiers! I can see this accessory lending well to many different periods in military history. Expect a large order from me when these are released. :pir-classic: And as someone else mentioned, it would be cool to see Brickarms develop more 18th and 19th century firearms to further supplement these bayonets.

Some BrickArms favorites, bayoneted . . . in a good way!

BrickArms_M1_Garand_with_Bayonet.jpg

BrickArms_Lee-Enfield_with_Bayonet.jpg

Actually, that last one is a bit of a cheat as the end of the Lee-Enfield is a bit too skinny for the U-Clip to attach to as-is. However, if you squeeze the clip gently (like you would to restore a tightness to a minifig's hand after its held an accessory of awhile), it snaps right on and stays!

Perhaps you might have a free Rapier for me?

Response

And as someone else mentioned, it would be cool to see Brickarms develop more 18th and 19th century firearms to further supplement these bayonets.

Indeed it would! Still, Will's got alot on his plate right now, but believe me, should these first forays into more historical items prove popular, rest assured Will has a few other things in mind! :pir-blush:

badger