Rayman

Republic Gunship Nose Art

Another great work Rayman. I love how you always use bright colours with your designs.

I'll try this out sometime I think.

can I, as a nose art freak of real airplanes, moan and complain for a second? :look:

this nose art doesn't make any sense... i mean, a bomb marking like these refer to a bombing mission... to my knoledge, these gunships aren't bombers, they're gunships, so instead of bombs they should probably have something like a laser beam... and eh... no migkillers around? no gunship having shot down a fighter of some type? hmmm...

and eh... no "felix the cat", "skull 'n bones", "hat in the ring"? :look: be creative! steel some real stuff! :sweet:

and now... please do continue... ah yes, you do know nose art normaly only appaers on one side, right? :wink:

Hey Rayman, superb gunship nose art. You've captured that whole cheeky, sexy, 'liberty belle' feel excellently. It'd be great to see examples where they've been used.

Good work to you too, green dewback, the Wampa looks fierce on a gunship!

I 'm wondering though if there is somthing wrong with your pictures because I would really love to save them but it won't show up on my computer, only red Xs.

I really don't use stickers on my LEGO, but you are really makin' me think twice. These look great Rayman! You keep churnin' them out, and we will keep droolin' all over our keyboards!

Using Rayman's great template, I quickly did this nose art with the "Separatist Nightmare" (Clone Wars s02e05 - Landing at Point Rain). Comments welcome ! :wink:

sepnight.th.jpg

Edited by Seijitai

Great job on that one.

I really need to get more of those huge white slopes for all these great designs.

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome! The first thing I thought when watching that episode was that someone would hopefully make a decal of that. Thanks for being the one! You did it perfectly!

Now I just need to get an RGS to apply these on. :hmpf_bad:

that would make a pretty awesome nose art sticker. I would be hard to do though

Hey that Dooku nose art is pretty sweet - I haven't seen this week's episode yet. But you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll have it LEGO-rised soon enough.

I should have a Count Dooku figure lying around somewhere. So that'll make for excellent reference.

Just need to find some time between making custom minifigs. So I hope you can wait until I have the opportunity of bringing another piece of nose art to the forums.

Looking good Seijitai :thumbup:. The nose art from that episode got me thinking about making both a custom clone helmet and of course the sticker.

There is just more and more of those nosearts comming up in the new episodes of the CW series.

Thinking of doing any of those as well Rayman?

First off, I'd like to say that these are excellent, Rayman. Wonderful work on replicating the basic design of the real stickers. :thumbup: I have a question, though- what are the exact dimensions (in pixels or inches) of the stickers? I made my own nose art using one of yours, and I printed out only to realize they were too big for the slopes.

I would showcase my art, but I don't want the surprise spoiled just yet.

EDIT: Never mind, I did a little research, and my question has been answered:

I had to resize mine down to 38% of Rayman's original to fit it to the 7x8 slope pieces. The actual size is .846 inches wide x .316 inches tall using 500 pixles/inch scale (yes, it makes a very big difference)

Now this looks REALLY good! :thumbup:

How do you draw them? I want one with my sigfig on, but I have no idea how to make it look good. :sceptic:

Here´s a pic of my sigfig for reference (in the front):

dennis_eb_114.jpg

man i really wish i had some artistic talent (beside building lego :tongue: )

anyway, enough about my troubles, lets get back to praising you on excellent excellent EXCELLENT sticker designs

and sorry for asking, but does anyone know what i need to print them on?

Could you turn this into a decal and "Lego-fy" it?

PlosBrosLogo-HH.jpg

It's called Plo's Bros

Thanks

Edited by Legoroni

UPDATE!! 05/09/09 NEW WIP, please click page five for the link, thanks!

-Rayman

From my FBTB post

As you may have noticed in the upcoming Clone Wars animation the Republic Gunship nose sport WWII-esque bomber art, which is very cool as it showcases another form of the growing indiviuality of the Clones under the command of Jedi. However I never knew that they could paint so well. :)

This is my first non-minifg MOC, and although it is not what I usually do I enjoyed drawing this, and I do plan on making more gunship art as they appear in the TV series.

1studioraymanluckylekku2.jpg

The Aurek-Besh simply says Lucky Lekku 2 as I couldn't find out what this particular gunship was called. I'll change it when I find out. Otherwise she'll bear this name for now. The artwork is based on this gunship. I tried to caprture the style that LEGO used for their stickers so I was very liberal with the lineart making sure to retain weight variation throughout.

Here is the FULL STICKER SHEET.

Those with sharp eyes may have noticed that I have changed the colours on the Blue Twi'lek. The original Twi'lek wore a grey coloured clone suit which bothered me so I altered the colours on my version so that it is more true to Clone Trooper standards. The line weight and variations should correspond exactly with TLC's stickers. So if you are looking for some replacement stickers these should be as good as scan of the originals. I have also improved the contrast on the monkey lizard so that the colour of his beak stands out better against the outline. Other than that there are no changes. So if you are looking for some replacement stickers these should be as good as scan of the originals.

Please feel free to use these in anyway you wish, and give credit where appropriate-- I don't mind if you don't :). Included are also a set of blank gunship nose stickers so that you too can design your own gunship art.

WWII and Star Wars rock! 8)

This one was so good that i used it in my custom gunship- thanks- i gave you a credit of course :classic:

Edited by Swash Buckler

:classic: This is some that i made with a paint -i post them here since i'm not sure should i do own topic for these- but these are inspired by Rayman's- so here you go:

1244633375m_DISPLAY.jpg

12446333751_DISPLAY.jpg This is NOT Ahsoka :tongue: just a legoized Togruta pin-up and my first gunship-decal so sorry she looks bit... disformed :laugh:

and well this one needs lots of work still :grin: :

12446333752_DISPLAY.jpg

She is poorly done out of legoleia pic with paint :hmpf: - i may do better version of this "Queen Amidala's Revenge"...

some good designs there Swash Buckler. My favourite has to be the droid skull and cross bones. I looks like something they would definitely put on the front of there gunship.

Great work!

Could you turn this into a decal and "Lego-fy" it?

PlosBrosLogo-HH.jpg

It's called Plo's Bros

Thanks

Sweet! I haven't seen that one before. Thanks for the heads up Legoroni Will definitely have

to do that one as well.

Nice work Swash Buckler, it's always nice to see more artwork contributed to the pool. By the way

would you mind posting up some photos of your custom gunship? I would love to see the stickers placed

on an actual gunship. The Torguta's my favourite. You should try using Photoshop to draw up your decals

you'll notice an instant improvement on the smoothness of your lines.

I know that I've been keeping everyone waiting, but... I promise that I'll have two new designs

completed and uploaded by next Monday. :wink: