Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

I've cleaned up the image of the Orc Queen so that we can have a better view at it.

Where is the Orc Queen from?

Also: Yes! The village is super awesomesause! I want it! Now!

Where is the Orc Queen from?

Also: Yes! The village is super awesomesause! I want it! Now!

Please discuss the Orc Queen in this thread. Thank you.

Looking again at the pictures, there are loads of really nice pieces in there. The multi-purpose flame/plume is a really great looking piece, and it's nice to be able to get a better look at the new telescope piece, seeing as how there seem to be an awful lot of them here. There seem to be quite a few gold pieces here as well, which I guess is nice.

You know what else I like? The signs hanging outside the buildings. I don't know, there's a real attention to detail there, which all too often isn't seen. The buildings themselves are really well designed as well, with the hinges and stuff. The market stall is pretty neat too, especially the stiped roof. The tree is quite well designed as well.

Trouble is, the more I look at these pictures, the more I want this set now. :laugh:

What a marvelous set! I really think that TLC reached now an almost historical peak of development

regarding exceptional, ambitious and challenging set conception & design, especially from an AFOL

point of view that is, by giving us so many extraordinary and spectacular sets over the last one or two

years.

Maybe it would be time now for TLC to adapt their line of distribution too, because it seems really strange

to me to reserve some of the very best sets they ever did just to their S@H marketing.

Sets so beautiful like that, within a price range from € 150 up to € 300 should do pretty well in stores too,

at least in smaller numbers.

This new set looks like a wet Castle dream coming true indeed. A simply perfect concept and just wonderful

executed. Maybe I wonder a little about the placing of the chimneys because I think the forge could need one

and it looks like there´re only warm and cozy fire places upstairs, if you´re lucky enough to live in a house

that´s liberally equipped with stairs that is, but that´s really not important. :tongue:

A dream came true for so many of us Castle lovers, and finally this is all that counts, in the end. :wub:

Ah, and cows, yeah! :grin:

This really is a fabulos break of the mondane war vehicles and castles. Not that those aren't great and that they don't have their place but this is really something new and amazing! I hope TLC gives us some more things in this sort of category!

IIRC The deaths stars price rise occured during its creation, the original price point was set at $300, then as more details were added its price was as well. Now with this it looks pretty set in stone, and I doubt the price point will rise, if it rose more then $50 personally, idk this set may be a no no for me. Which I really hope doesn't happen because its amazing.

Unless you are referering when it went from $300 to $400 on S@H, which was just a glitch by TLC

Have any of you noticed that the blacksmith's shop and stable lack stairs? I love how they included the water wheel but of course that takes up the place of the stairs.

I don't know how to put stairs within the house itself though. If a person were to do that, he/she would have to remove one of the horse stalls. I did a count of the bricks and I figured that it would be impossible to use the "already-made" stairs and place it within the room without taking up all of the space. If you guys have a good idea on where to put the stairs I'd like to listen.

I was also thinking about putting stairs that go half way up the room on the bottom floor, and then turns the opposite direction and go the final half way up to the second floor, it seems that this would save the most space. The one thing I don't want to do is to use ladders because that would infringe upon the blacksmith wanting to bring drinks up stairs or downstairs.

Then, there is that other idea of using the same technique of building the stairs from the Tavern and the Inn side except that it would have to climb over a river?? or wrap around the house. It's a dreaded issue for me, it would be great if someone could build up a fake moc of this really quickly and demonstrate clever ways to build an internal staircase that takes up as little room as possible. I even looked at the old black smith's shop for inspiration, but couldn't find much help. MOC experts of Eurobricks, help??

Finally, my last statement about pricing. Guys, Legos are very expensive. I don't ever want to hear cheap : ( even if it's 10 cents per piece. It's cheaper! ... not cheap x_x. Don't forget, the U.S economy is going under x_x. Good for international peace keeping (no money for war) at least.

Edited by legobear

I wouldn't mind another house with the rise of $50. Not sure if they're planning on adding anything to the Medieval Village soon, so the more houses we get now the better. A couple more peasants added with the house and that'll be good. But what exactly would that house play as. A barracks? A regular house? a bar? Whatever... where am I?

Have any of you noticed that the blacksmith's shop and stable lack stairs? I love how they included the water wheel but of course that takes up the place of the stairs.

I don't know how to put stairs within the house itself though. If a person were to do that, he/she would have to remove one of the horse stalls. I did a count of the bricks and I figured that it would be impossible to use the "already-made" stairs and place it within the room without taking up all of the space. If you guys have a good idea on where to put the stairs I'd like to listen.

I was also thinking about putting stairs that go half way up the room on the bottom floor, and then turns the opposite direction and go the final half way up to the second floor, it seems that this would save the most space. The one thing I don't want to do is to use ladders because that would infringe upon the blacksmith wanting to bring drinks up stairs or downstairs.

Then, there is that other idea of using the same technique of building the stairs from the Tavern and the Inn side except that it would have to climb over a river?? or wrap around the house. It's a dreaded issue for me, it would be great if someone could build up a fake moc of this really quickly and demonstrate clever ways to build an internal staircase that takes up as little room as possible. I even looked at the old black smith's shop for inspiration, but couldn't find much help. MOC experts of Eurobricks, help??

Finally, my last statement about pricing. Guys, Legos are very expensive. I don't ever want to hear cheap : ( even if it's 10 cents per piece. It's cheaper! ... not cheap x_x. Don't forget, the U.S economy is going under x_x. Good for international peace keeping (no money for war) at least.

I didn't notice it, but now that you mention that it kind of bugs me, I think if you could find a way to build some sort of deck over the water wheel from the second flor over the blacksmiths shop. Then have stairs coming down from that, other then doing what you said, getting rid of a stall, thats all I can think of!

So the CafeCorner ideas is going Classic Castle as well.

Great for all CC nerds ;)

I really must say I love this set.

I was about to cut down on all non-Star-Wars-set... but I may have to reconcider on this one.

A awesome set. Brilliant details. Good job TLC :thumbup:

-Ras-

I wonder how you will integrate the Vestas set into this one. :wink::tongue:

That's very simple. I'll put the power plant on top if the tavern so that they can have electric light inside. :laugh:

This set is sooo tempting. I didn´t want to start a new line, but maybe I can integrate it into my small city.

I hereby doubt it will be sold for just 99€. Please let me know I´m wrong. :devil:

Like I already mentioned before I highly doubt the price of 100 Euros, too. I'll firstly believe when I see this price in the set description on S@H in january because until then there is a long time where things can change (do only think about this year's "mistake" with the DS).

Anything else was already mentioned.

Wohoooo! :cry_happy:

Yes, it's simply the best Castle set ever! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

I think the blacksmith's and stables are best left in the "open" position, and one could add stairs by building a "back" for the two buildings. I prefer with my own buildings to just have two adjoining walls hinge open in an L shape, rather than have the floors split. So I'll probably modify the inn to work in a similar fashion.

I do indeed hope the price on this is definitely €100. That's about 11 hours work at minimum wage here in Ireland - I'm not on much different from that myself, being a post-grad student doing research.

Due to some awesome instances in my personal life I'll definitely be able to buy this bad boy! The fact that is has cows is good enough, but the set is mega good, the best set I've ever seen. I love the new pieces too. The telescope piece seems really useful for railing, much better than the black skellie legs it seems. I love that we get the full turkey as well! YAY! The peasant and blacksmith torsos both look fantabulous as well!

I really hope the price of 150 Australian is right :cry_happy:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Interesting find...? Whilst perusing BS and checking out the ladies, I was trying to get sneaks of anything else new.

Wooden tub?

I know this isn't specifically based on the new Marketplace, but look beyond the girls - the cow is drinking out of what looks to me like an elongated basket. If its already been found, then kindly disregard. :classic:

I believe it's this piece. :wink:

Yes, that's correct. It's just that the flat, slanted view sort of distorts the picture and makes an otherwise circular barrel seem ovaled.

Surprisingly this set suddenly got my wife into the whole Castles line.

We bought the big castle and the skeleton tower on monday and I guess she´ll get the dwarves mine for christmas from me, which she really likes, too.

So... yeah. Good job, TLC, in finding ways to get our money :tongue:

I for one do believe the price will be stable. If you look at the pieces included many of them are very small. There are a bunch of 1x1 round plates and bricks and more 1x2 bricks than I can count. These pieces can be obtained for a couple of pennies each. I think people get too caught up in the piece count. Don't get me wrong I think this is a good deal and I love all of the small pieces as it is great for MOCing. However, as far as TLC's pricing is concerned; Legos are some of the most expensive toys on the market. With a global economic slowdown on the way I think prices like this are going to be needed to move the product in volume.

I am so getting this. I hope they actually have it at the Lego store so I can get stamps.

Yeah - I'm counting on that as well. Pick up a few BP's, some P-A-B cups, and the Castle Marketplace and I'll be all set!!

EDIT - Oh wow...I just realized the funds involved in my "planned" purchases...

Edited by Dadster

Wow, what an amazing set, the Lego company are just spoiling us now!

This set does for Castle what Cafe Corner did for Town, expanding on a theme in such a new and exciting way. I remember when Cafe Corner was released I was thoroughly impressed by the level of creativity that had gone into the set, the clever design and use of alternate buidling techniques, but had decided against buying it as I don't generally collect town theme... and now there's this.

I can only echo what others have said here and add that Lego has outdone themselves again, not only answering the wishes of many a Castle fan but in providing a set with immense detail and depth of character - and not only in the minifigs, which are awesome - but through the market place and buildings themselves. Definately a must-buy!

Wow, first the Death Star then this. Good stuff!

Edited by pedro