Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

Dear all,

sorry for the short reply.

WOW..... :oh3::wub:

2009 will bankrupt me for sure, and I don't mind! :cry_happy:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Wow! This is the reason Lego is the best thing in the world. Completely fantastic!

I was so excited over this news that I went straight to S@H and ordered the Castle Advent Calander and the Castle Chess (not the giant one) to celebrate!!!

A big smile :grin: and a big thank you to TLC!

:oh: Holy history Batman!

This set is simply amazing. Such a simple premise, but one that TLG have really gone to town on. So many wonderful details... First off, 8 figs. Never a bad thing. Two soldiers, nothing special. But then there are the other 6 figs, 2 of whom are women! The cows look great, as does the multi-tonal turkey. The rooster and chicken aren't bad either, and the duck looks neat even if it's not wholly accurate when compared to actual ducks.

The buildings themselves are simply brilliant. The sheer fact that they have such fantastic interiors did it for me, especially the pictures on the walls. It took me a while to work out what it was, but the blacksmith's water-powered hammer is wonderful. And as for the exteriors, well... I don't care what else I need to buy next year, I am getting this.

Hmm... I had quite a bit to drink last night (it was for my birthday after all). I really hope I'm not imagining all this. :laugh:

New torso print, wolfpack hoods, cows, a waterwheel, this set has everything. I think it'll be in the $110 range, and it'll be worth it.

:oh: is all I can say. And that's not even saying anything! This is what we've been asking for for years, a civilian set! Now I won't have money to buy pirates. :sad:

:oh: is all I can say. And that's not even saying anything! This is what we've been asking for for years, a civilian set! Now I won't have money to buy pirates. :sad:

Don't be so dramatic, this set is only 99$/99€! :tongue: You have the whole next year to buy all the sets you want.

I still cannot believe that this set is real and its only $99.99!!!! :sweet: I am starting to cry.... :cry_happy:

Thanks you SO much TLC!

Lego12

Forget the wimpy Castle Advent Calender, I'm buying this set!!! :wub: . It looks so beautiful.

Forget the wimpy Castle Advent Calender

Forget the Advent Calendar? Do not blaspheme! There's no jester or witch in this set!

Or maybe you could by both...hmm yes that would work well...

So here it is, a nice Sunday afternoon, and I'm thinking "I'll just check out Eurobricks for a bit to see if anything's new."

Now my jaw hurts because it suddenly dropped onto my desk...but I don't care!

Haven't been this excited about a set in a long time--and judging by the response to this topic, I'm not the only one :cry_happy:

Great idea for TLG--a set that both castle-heads and townies will like. With any luck, this the start of a beautiful trend.

Now for the pessimistic angle--I will be VERY surprised if this set is only 100 USD. Happily surprised, no question--but everything is getting more expensive.

Still--awesome-looking set!

So here it is, a nice Sunday afternoon, and I'm thinking "I'll just check out Eurobricks for a bit to see if anything's new."

Now my jaw hurts because it suddenly dropped onto my desk...but I don't care!

Haven't been this excited about a set in a long time--and judging by the response to this topic, I'm not the only one :cry_happy:

Great idea for TLG--a set that both castle-heads and townies will like. With any luck, this the start of a beautiful trend.

Now for the pessimistic angle--I will be VERY surprised if this set is only 100 USD. Happily surprised, no question--but everything is getting more expensive.

Still--awesome-looking set!

$100 (USD) is quite a feat and hard to believe but there are sets such as the Green Grocer where the value is close (~6.3 cents a piece [Green Grocer] vs ~6.2 cents a piece [set 10193]). Thing is, this set has so many more minifigs, not even counting the animals. However, I would find it a bit weird for LEGO to announce the price now and then change it during release, which is only three months away.

Ah well, here's to hoping it stays the same. {insert beer glass icon here}

$100 (USD) is quite a feat and hard to believe but there are sets such as the Green Grocer where the value is close (~6.3 cents a piece [Green Grocer] vs ~6.2 cents a piece [set 10193]). Thing is, this set has so many more minifigs, not even counting the animals. However, I would find it a bit weird for LEGO to announce the price now and then change it during release, which is only three months away.

Ah well, here's to hoping it stays the same. {insert beer glass icon here}

I aggree :sadnew: This is waay to good to be true :thumbup::sceptic::tongue:

I am shocked. Just shocked. The value here is incredible, since it costs only $10 more than Market Street yet includes livestock, castle-specific figs, and and Turkey! This is probably the most amazing set since the Blacksmith Shop from a while back...put the two next to each other, and you will have a proper medieval street. :wub:

About that price, though: Perhaps it is feasible, since the cattle mold was being introduced anyway for the upcoming farm set, one of the maidens was already in the Advent calendar, and the turkey has been around for a while. Even if this set cost $140, though, I would still purchase it. A+++.

I want to thank LEGO so much for their response to our AFOL community. I'm so thankful for the skillful architects of this modern masterpiece! The whole design team, you guys truly truly are special. You've made more than half of us here grown adults cry, and the rest... gleefully insane. I'm also so happy for my lovely friends at classic-castle.com, it's been a long time coming guys and you guys finally got what you want.

Since Lego is coming out with such an outstanding product due to their gifted design team (THANK YOU GUYS !!!!!!!!!!) LEGO is going to make big bucks next year, without a doubt on this product. Like earlier postings have said, this works well for city, as a quaint old european village, it works well with pirates, and so on. The piece selection as stated by many is amazing! I really hope LEGO would post the design team member's names on the boxes though, I really want to know the individual members behind such an amazing piece of work because whatever these guys are making next, I WANT IT !! :cry_happy:

WOW!!! What an amazing set! That is a must buy for me, especially at only $150 Australian. Love the new figures (especially the female with the ponytail hair) and the tavern looks great, and will fit in great with both pirates and castle...my two favourite themes