Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

Definitly one of the best sets ever, i have gotta get me one of those!

Finally i will have a turkey for dinner in my cabin, and the new color is waaaaaaaay better then the old one IMHO.

Will it be available in all S@H countries, or isn't that known yet?

Thanks for sharing this new guys! :thumbup:

:cry_happy: !! I'm in love! :wub:

But is this only S@H!? :look::cry_sad:

Great set! I love female Lego figs!!

Undersigned MoWo

Knights Kingdom is now a distant memory......Pure brilliance by the TLC and i will be certainly adding one of these to my shopping cart. What an amazing set.....more like this please.

Quote time! :tongue:

I love all of the food included, not being a City collector, I missed out on a lot of these pieces.

Even if you were a City collector you wouldn't have got many of the food pieces! I have most of mine from Belville sets, which is where they originated. :thumbup:

One thing I'm not too sure about are the various birds included in the set. Sure, that design worked well for the cute little Batman penguins, but I think that they look a little too cartoony and blocky for this castle environment.

It's the same for me I must say. They're the only down-point of this set. For the Penguins in the Batman sets it was fine because they were meant to be somewhat robotic, but for Castle birds I would have preffered molded birds (with plume hole), so they go consistentally with the other Lego birds.

Also, I love those cow horns, I wonder how they will look on the viking helmets..

I think they're actually attached to the cows... i may be wrong, but I think they would have been used for something else as well if they were detachable.

- the blue Trelawney's dress

There's a Lego Prof. Trelawney? What? :oh:

Also, the painting with the black haired guy on it, maybe that's from a future harry potter set...

Could those pieces that frame most of the windows and form the little fence at the blacksmith be spyglasses from the new pirates line?

Yep, new spyglasses everywhere!

I don't think the painting would be used in another set though, seeing as it is a sticker and sticker sheets aren't generally repeated. But, as much as I don't like using stickers in Lego sets, I probably will use the ones in this amazing set! :wub:

:skull:

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! One of the best LEGO sets ever!!!

By the way, has anyone noticed that frog in one of the pictures? If not, then I'm the first one!! Good eyes, I have.

The first reason I registered, was to say that.. :cry_happy:

It is the following picture where I saw the frog in the blue water, look close and you'll see something green, after a while you'll see it's a LEGO frog, click the following link:http://flickr.com/photos/billward/29121480...57607737304921/

Edited by General Magma

Ah yes I saw the frog! I adore the attention to detail. As much as I'd love to buy this, I have not the room nor money to spare, but it's certainly one I'd put at the top of the list if I had a little extra of both. Grab the figs from the new Advent Calendar and you're set for a thriving community full of heroes and villains :tongue:.

-- Andrex

Fantastic! Ofcourse, this means I'll have to skip on the new Indiana Jones sets but for this?!? Any day! Like the old smithy the houses have 4 walls (wich is the way it should be..), the detail is outstanding, the signs are great. Though I like the bruickbuilt animals and I think that the TLC Cow looks... childishly rounded and soft, in comparison with the more brickish cow from Brickforge. Brickforges cow fits better with the horses we have AND (I think) with the minifigs. What does the rest of you think about that?

There's a Lego Prof. Trelawney? What? :oh:

Yes, there was one in the third Hogwarts Castle set. :thumbup:

I just need to get the advent calendar now to go with this! :wub:

I have 2 Advent Calenders, and I really hope I'm getting 3 Market Villages for my birthday next year. I'll also make my own Medieval Farm if LEGO is not going to release it already next year. That will be an awesome Medieval Town! 2009, here I come! :grin:

I suppose you're right, but I still think that they're a little too big and blocky.

I do wish that the duck was a bit more...horizontal myself. I've never seen such an upright mallard.

I have 2 Advent Calenders, and I really hope I'm getting 3 Market Villages for my birthday next year.

Three? Where are you getting the money?

This set is absolutely amazing! But the sceptic in me can't imagine the $100 US price holding up. 1,600 pieces with all those awesome minifigs? Please let it be true!

I do wish that the duck was a bit more...horizontal myself. I've never seen such an upright mallard.

Three? Where are you getting the money?

Three, if they cost 100 each. My little brother's birthday is coming next year too, we use the money from my and his birthday.

But LEGO, please, make it cost E100 in my country!

EDIT: If I'm not getting 3, then it will be two of them. But I hope three!!

Edited by General Magma

Three, if they cost 100 each. My little brother's birthday is coming next year too, we use the money from my and his birthday.

But LEGO, please, make it cost E100 in my country!

I am quite jealous - my sister would never let me borrow money to get more Lego.

Although I can't handle the awesomeness - it's overloading my body, I looked into the Awesome Lego, nobody's meant to do that...

I'M REGENERATING!!!

I am quite jealous - my sister would never let me borrow money to get more Lego.

Although I can't handle the awesomeness - it's overloading my body, I looked into the Awesome Lego, nobody's meant to do that...

I'M REGENERATING!!!

Me and my little brother always share all the LEGO we get.

I think that the TLC Cow looks... childishly rounded and soft, in comparison with the more brickish cow from Brickforge. Brickforges cow fits better with the horses we have AND (I think) with the minifigs. What does the rest of you think about that?

Have you seen a real cow? :tongue: They're not that similar to horses, they are much chubbier looking. I think the Lego cows reflect this well. (I still like the Brickforge cow, but prefer the official)

Yes, there was one in the third Hogwarts Castle set. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :look:

:skull:

*looks at pictures* :oh:

*fells off chair*

*climbs after a couple of minutes back on chair and starts thinking*

This is a terriffic set where castle lovers has waited years for it. It is great that it has besides the 2 soldiers, 2 woman, 2 man (with one a medievel hat on) a boy and a smith. 2 nice cows, they are a more fleshy than the brickforge cows, but it doesn't matter, pity that Brickforge must made lego cows before Lego did do itself. The brickbuilt birds are maybe not very realistic, but nice enough. The food market is great with the stands, the fish (5 is a good amount) and the whole turkey. The tree in the middle is a bit unseed,but it is a nice tree like a good afol would built it and I hope there will be more trees like this in further sets. The smith workshop is nice made with a hammer constructed to a waterwheel, a fire and a stable for 2 horses. The building around it is a very nice medievil house as is the other house (an Inn or something) I hope Lego will made houses like this in further sets also.

The car behind the horse is simple but very nice.

The only reason I would think of of complaining is that I would sell this sets as 2 smaller sets of +/- 50-60 euro and in regular shops, but we can always dream. :classic:

I hope there wil be more castle city sets like this, but then not exclusive (even maybe an impulse with a milkmaid and a cow or something like that).

The queen looks very good. Is this the woman of the king we know and the mother of the princess? Willie Scot looks also very good. The things they have on their head is a little belville pieces which I think can be seperated from the hair.

The troll shaman or Queen looks also very nice (for an evil troll)

@ Skinny Boy: I don't understand what your saying about these gorgeous houses use in an WO2 diorama of Holland? The most houses in the Netherlands around that time were not build in this Tudor? style but younger styles from the 19th and early 20th century

:oh::oh::oh: *checks pulse*. Hmm... I'm not dead. Must be asleep dreaming! *Pinches self*. COME ON!!! WAKE UP!!! THIS IS TORTURE!!! *pinches self, harder*. I'm awake?!? :cry_happy: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, TLC! It looks brilliant! The buildings, the oxen, the civilians, the females in a LEGO set! It's everything we could've hoped for! I'm already thing of putting the oxens in stable, placing the set on my castle layout, and putting my Orc begger under the inn's stairs! ***** out of *****!

All I plan on getting is Castle and Pirates.

Next year with Pirates, villagers, and a positive carpload of telescopes and medieval buildings will prove very useful for Brickenshoal...

I plan on getting Castle, Pirates, and...a little bit of Star Wars stuff. :classic:

This is just beautiful! I really do love it...... :wub:

BEST SET OF 09' SO FAR!!! :cry_happy:

Lego12