Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised since I too visited STEAM at Swindon for the Brickish event. Being usually up to date with all things leaked here on Eurobricks it was quite exciting to walk past the little box, and the first time think, that's a really cool MOC. Then I bump into Jan Meyer, who explains it's a new set. Seeing that video on youtube of the brickcon unveil makes me think leaks are a bad thing really - much much more exciting to see it in the flesh for real first time!

:wub: :wub: :wub: Absolutely beautiful, I must say! Great attention to detail, not only is the exterior of the buildings beautiful, but there is plenty of detail in the interior. I see a smithie, stables and tavern included.:wub: Great use of the new pirate plumes, fish and telescopes (as well as the admiral's head for the blacksmith). I love all of the food included, not being a City collector, I missed out on a lot of these pieces.

Finally, the minifigs are fantastic. I especially love the old traveller, that face is great, especially combined with the new dark brown peasant hood. The cheese-cutting wench is brilliant too. :wub: One thing I'm not too sure about are the various birds included in the set. Sure, that design worked well for the cute little Batman penguins, but I think that they look a little too cartoony and blocky for this castle environment.

One of the finest sets I've ever laid eyes on, 2009 is looking to be a wonderful year for me, though I'm not sure what my wallet thinks of it...

Finally, the minifigs are fantastic. I especially love the old traveller, that face is great, especially combined with the new dark brown peasant hood. The cheese-cutting wench is brilliant too. :wub: One thing I'm not too sure about are the various birds included in the set. Sure, that design worked well for the cute little Batman penguins, but I think that they look a little too cartoony and blocky for this castle environment.

One of the finest sets I've ever laid eyes on, 2009 is looking to be a wonderful year for me, though I'm not sure what my wallet thinks of it...

I like to think of him as the old fart. Speaking of farts, cheese-cutting wench? I'm happy with the chicken, rooster, and duck - it works great for me, they're nice parts, and it's more versatile than a new mold.

Your wallet will like 2009 just as much as you will - carploads of expensive Lego is the ultimate diet for wallets!

This is one of the most beautiful sets I've ever seen. Scratch that, THE most beautiful set I have ever seen. I really hope to get it as it is most wonderful. Congrats TLC, in one set you have already bested a stellar 2008 :wub:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

What a beautiful creation, and such a fantastic price! Correct me if I'm wrong, but in all the 30 years that I recall, I've never seen Lego embrace the "medievel village" concept in the Castle range. It's great to finally see some variety in this theme without castle after castle year after year!

Wow, I nearly soiled myself. Each picture just keeps getting better. Seriously, I'm in awe. And 100 bucks? I expected this to be around 250, but 100? It's a steal, simply amazing.

:cry_happy: It's...it's....it's BEAUTIFUL! It's just what I have been looking for, I wanted to get back into city stuff, so I was going to buy the green grocer, but I mostly have Star wars stuff with some castle, and the green grocer would just look really akward with my set up. However this is just the perfect combo for me, because I just remodled my castle stuff to more of a Kingdom feel, however this will really put it all together, Love it love t LOVE IT :cry_happy:

Oh Great one more set I have to have........................ :knight:

That is so cool I love the fact the TLG is going into some nice large sets!

I like to think of him as the old fart. Speaking of farts, cheese-cutting wench?

Well, she's cutting cheese isn't she? :wink:

xyh5.jpg

I'm happy with the chicken, rooster, and duck - it works great for me, they're nice parts, and it's more versatile than a new mold.

I suppose you're right, but I still think that they're a little too big and blocky.

One thing I forgot to mention are those lovely signs sticking out of the sides of the buildings. Brilliant! :wub: Also, I love those cow horns, I wonder how they will look on the viking helmets..

What an amazing set. So many details. The small pieces like food and accessories are in abundance here. Each room has something in it. This could be a top seller for sure. Is this a 2009 set or something that is avail today?

Is this a 2009 set or something that is avail today?

Jan. 2009.

It's so... beautiful. :cry_happy:

This is like a dream come true. Screw the chess set, this is awesome! Finally a fantastic castle set, with new element and yet with a classic style to it. And a turkey! :wub: I guess they won't be quite so rare now. :grin: Nice to see some new fish too, as well as everything else. New minifigs (including two woman!), some great building techniques, this just looks great! Count me in for two!

Oh look, that lady has my hair. :blush:

I'm going to stare at these pictures for a while and try to absorb the craftsmanship... :grin:

Oh yeah I went to brotherbrick to get more details. Jan 09. That is great. I am getting the dwarf mine this month since lego store has double stamps. I will have to put this as a must buy in jan.

I want it!!! Can someone freeze me til January so that I don't suffer so much of waiting????

Edited by frogstudio

Words... can not... describe... how happy I am... :cry_happy::cry_happy::cry_happy::wub: :wub: :wub:

~ :cry_happy:

Edited by iamded

There's one more thing I'd like to address: the female torsos. I'm extremely happy to get so many different "costumes" for female minifigs, but unfortunately the current trend of extending the same print from the torso piece to the dress piece makes it quite impossible to "mix & match" them up.

The dresses are very nice as they are (especially the new queen's attire makes me fawn), but it would have been great if I could've used the dress pieces and the torso pieces separately as well. But that's not really a big issue.

In my childhood, I didn't have any dress torsos at all (since I never owned a big castle back then). Now suddenly I have:

- the dark blue princess' dress

- the black and red Fright Knight witch's dress

- two green McGonagall's dresses

Next week, when my Ebay purchases arrive, I'll have:

- the blue and red Queen Leonora's dress

- the dark red Studios actress' dress

- the blue Trelawney's dress

- the tan and brown maiden's dress

- the black and green new witch's dress

And next year, there will be even more dresses!

- the queen's ornamental dark blue dress

- the troll shamaness brown dress

- the pirate ship maiden's white dress

- the dark green and black village maiden's dress

I'm in a Pretty-Princess-Dress-Me-Up heaven! :laugh:

Edited by Sandy

I have seen the face of God and :wub::wub::wub::wub: wow this set is just incredible Im blown away completely wow just wow

The greenish dress peasant women, she has a hairpiece that would do fine for a lara croft moc :cry_happy:

This set... it is so cool... can't wait...

Also, the painting with the black haired guy on it, maybe that's from a future harry potter set...

Could those pieces that frame most of the windows and form the little fence at the blacksmith be spyglasses from the new pirates line?

Edited by Jippon

The set is absolutely fantastic. :thumbup:

I don't know if I'll get it but LEGO designers have done a great job.

Best set ever?????

Absolutely!

It's a Shop-at-Home exclusive, you say? Ah well, I'll still try to convince my parents to buy it anyway.

Best set ever?????

absolutely agreed.

i never so excited like this moment, even CC-GG-MS, or UCS DS.

this set looks great and perfect.

although baseplate not included, it's not big problem.

as a castle lovers, i just thinking how many set i will buy to expand my castle-land.

this set - is missing link, and if we found it.... OH MY GOD, why this set soooo wonderful.

although baseplate not included, it's not big problem.

Mind you, it does look like this set would actually look great with printed cardboard under it with the same design as the box art. Of course, anyone with oodles of tiles/flats can build their own Lego brick cobbles - but I doubt I have enough grey/dark grey small 1x1s, 1x2s or even 2x2s myself. So I might try to make my own printed surface for under the scene.