Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

I'm not a Castle collector, but I'm definitely buying this as it'll work well as a standalone set. I absolutely love the amount of detail that has gone into the interiors, it even beats the Green Grocer on that score.

wow im not much of a castle fan, but the pieces, the [amazing] price and new figures makes this set a must buy for me! I can't wait :grin::classic:

I have neither bought nor been given a castle set as a present for a looong time. The newest castle sets I have (actually they are my brother's) are the two legends 10039 and 10000. No other castle sets produced after those have found their way in my collection. And though I don't like the use of bley for castle sets, my resistance seems to have been destroyed by looking at those pictues of that brilliant set!

Every time LEGO releases such a wonderful set, my desparation becomes more intense. I do not yet have Market Street, the Green Grocer, Cafe Corner, and Town Plan. I'd be very interested in buying the new pirate ship and the wind mill 4999 - if it will ever be released for the general public! I've already been waiting for the day when money falls from the sky, and now they release that wonderful castle set! Desperation continued.

Absolutely Amazing!!! :cry_happy: Im gonna have to save up so i can get more than one of these. Hopfully TLG will make some of these for the pirate theme. :grin:

Well there have been lots of exclusives for Star Wars (I'm glad I'm not a Star Wars fan, I'd be bankrupt), and several City related ones (although Cafe Corner, Market Street, Green Grocers and Town Plan aren't strictly City, they all fit easily with this theme), and now a Castle exclusive, Pirates could well be in the running for a 2010 exclusive if the new range sells well (as I would think it will).

Edited by Hellingly

Anyone notice in the last picture there that the… tan male peasant (The one that's fallen over) you can see that the back of the torso is printed. Very nice detail. :)

Oh my. :cry_happy: Thats gorgous! and now vikings have something to pillage! And, is that a translucient Plume i see? how is that attached, unless theres a new mold :wink: ?

and that ork shaman is :wub: .

jifel

Amazing set!

a.jpg

Holy Cow! I knew that there was a reason to join Eurobricks today! Both Figs are absolutely lovely! I thought it impossible for TLC to best the unique figs that came in the Advent Calendar. These castle sets are a must buy!

Could the new queen hairpiece signal a New Hoth Leia minifig?

I'll add my thanks to putting a link to this thread on the front page. What a set! I'm a town builder but I can't wait to get this. I love the scale of the buildings and at $99 US???!?! That's a steal!

Holy crap... I am by no means a Castle fan, but you'd have to be braindead not to see how awesome that set is. $100 for 1,600 parts! I might actually wind up GETTING this... after I complete my Mars Mission collection.

Anyone notice in the last picture there that the
Edited by dj2005

Jesus Christ...!!!

:cry_happy::cry_happy:

I am officially speechless.... :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I must get that! I :wub: that turkey! Does anyone know what other sets the turkey comes in?

I must get that! I :wub: that turkey! Does anyone know what other sets the turkey comes in?

In the old colour (earth orange) it appeared in these sets. As for which new sets it will appear in, who knows. I won't even speculate, but I am getting this set, so which other sets are irrelevant :wink:

Edited by Quarryman

I posted this on the Classic castle website and only modified it a bit for this site.

First I have to say this set is better than my wildest expectations. I would like to say that it left me speechless... but I got better. (no I was not turned into a newt) However, as I am now over that... there is just too much to talk about so here goes...

I see several other pieces (not mentioned already) that I have never seen before. Maybe they are parts from non-castle sets, as I collect mostly castle stuff I don't really know. Please let me know if I am mistaken and what type of part they are. The part holding the waterwheel together. I do not recognise it. The tubes holding up the roof on the market stand and next to the windows in the tavern. These look like they are a hand held telescope.? The red plume on the Rooster is not transparent. Now we will have new plumes for our knights. The arch over the entrance and windows to the tavern. I think it may be a vehicle fender but I have never seen these except maybe on a box cover?. If those are Choco brown tiles they are new as well.

This is a MOC builders dream set. All of the animals are incredible. The peasants are unbelievable! (somebody pinch me) I never would have believed they would come out with 4 new peasant torsos this year. 2 female and 2 male. I am including the blacksmith as it looks very useful as well. The two new faces (old man and blacksmith) are perfect as well. I have been told that the wench does have a green dress by a Lego company official. This set has so many small accessories, brush, knife, plate, cheese wedge, whole turkey, apples, carrot, barrels in choco brown, the signs, etc. These are the usually very expensive items that make MOCs stand out.

The new plumes look better than the old ones in my opinion. They make great looking flames. The old long thin flames are fine for magic and such but too large for a small fire. I often thought the old plumes would have made great flames if made in a transparent color. I guess TLC thought so too. I just hope the new plumes eventually come out in plenty of colors.

Look at the number of windows included in this set. It is insane! There are an incredible number of brown slopes and arches for tree building. I'm not talking about the tree itself but all of the extras used in the buildings. I can now make a nice forest without going broke on bricklink. Lots of black slopes, tan and bley brick for castles. Brown log type bricks for supports and wooden buildings. Please someone stop me before I melt down.

I imagine I will ge getting atleast 5 of this set and likely more.

I must get that! I that turkey! Does anyone know what other sets the turkey comes in?

This is the only current set. Turkeys used to go for over $30.00 USD because they were so rare. They were available in the late 90's in sets designed for young girls. I think the rarity factor is about to change.

In conclusion this is the best thing to happen to Lego castle ever. This makes me much happier than when I first saw the incredible chess set. I love my classic castle sets but they don't even hold a candle to this. Bravo Lego... Bravo!

Whoooooaaaaaa!

That is amazing, stupendous etc. So many great elements going on in one great set.

I cant believe the price is only 149 Aus, thats the same price as the 7094 and comes with 700 more pieces :geek: . Im almost contemplating getting 2 of this set, its just beautiful.

but three more months, man....

Bring on January!

Thanks TLC for building such a beautiful village with so many great details to admire for the next three months.

Man, this is packed with some great pieces!! the cows look a little too duplo to me, but I'm still getting this set. the fish piece looks cool too. This is definately a must buy!! And for only $100!!! Can it be January yet!?!?!?

I am crying :cry_happy:

Did you guys and girls notice on one of the things holding up a window could be used as a telescope

I'm uncomfortably attracted to the female minifigs in this set.

When does this set become available for purchase?

I'm uncomfortably attracted to the female minifigs in this set.

When does this set become available for purchase?

Jan. 2009 :thumbup:

Will this be available for purchase in stores or just SaH?

If this is the beginning of the Castle line-up, 2009 WILL be the best year yet!!

The queen and orc wizard figures are absolutely cool.

Although I have a feeling Elves won't be until 2010, because if they're making a queen, that means a new castle, and if there's an Orc Castle... No elves for 2009. :cry_sad:

Anyway, that set is awesome, I can't wait for the release! :cry_happy::cry_happy::wub:

Edited by Inertia

The part holding the waterwheel together. I do not recognise it. The tubes holding up the roof on the market stand and next to the windows in the tavern. These look like they are a hand held telescope.? The red plume on the Rooster is not transparent. Now we will have new plumes for our knights. The arch over the entrance and windows to the tavern. I think it may be a vehicle fender but I have never seen these except maybe on a box cover?. If those are Choco brown tiles they are new as well.

I imagine I will ge getting atleast 5 of this set and likely more.

The waterwheel part looks to be new - it seems that there's also a bunch of them in the farm combine coming out next year. All the tubes are telescopes from next year's Pirates, too. The arches are vehicle fenders, yes. And the only other place I've seen the plumes are in Pirates next year, as flames, so I don't know what they are supposed to be.

Did you guys and girls notice on one of the things holding up a window could be used as a telescope

If you've seen the new Pirates pics, you'll know that that's what they're for. I'm glad that we get so many in this set.