Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

... wow, I'm in shock. This set is AMAZING! All the detail and acessories, cows, great figures, stunning buildings, exclusive pieces, and a TURKEY! There is NOTHING to dislike about this set. :wub:

Honestly, this is to me now tied with Green Grocer as the best lego set of all time. TLC is just treating us with awesome exclusive after awesome exclusive - Space Skulls and Star Justice, Custom Cars, Town Plan, the Modular building series, the Castle Chess set, the Death Star playset and UCS Falcon, Taj Mahal and Eifel Tower, and now this set! :thumbup:

Kudos to whoever designed this set - it's what Castle fans have been dreaming for ever since the theme was first released. :classic:

I've just got back from the Brickish STEAM event in Swindon. It was unveiled here today as well.

It truly is a fantastic set and looks even better in the flesh :thumbup:

They wouldn't let us take it away for safe keeping :tongue:

For anyone visiting tomorrow Sunday 5th , it's still setup in one of the LEGO display cases to drool over.

Honestly, this is to me now tied with Green Grocer as the best lego set of all time. TLC is just treating us with awesome exclusive after awesome exclusive - Space Skulls and Star Justice, Custom Cars, Town Plan, the Modular building series, the Castle Chess set, the Death Star playset and UCS Falcon, Taj Mahal and Eifel Tower, and now this set! :thumbup:

We are so spoilt for choice! It seemed we will have to re-evaluate our purchase carefully. There are so many great sets for 2008 line up.

Kudos to whoever designed this set - it's what Castle fans have been dreaming for ever since the theme was first released. :classic:

:thumbup: An outstanding piece of art! It involved lots of new building technique, such as the trees, chicken, buildings, and etc. Although some of these techniques can be seen in other users' mocs, but I believe this is the first time TLG is using such approach to market and construct their sets.

To be honest, for such an amazing outstanding terrific set, the price is extremely reasonable for a typical LEGO collector.

Oh yes, I wasn't denying that, I just call any Lego set over 60 GBP expensieve, but this set is most certainly worth it!

There are many superb features included in this never been seen before set! More importantly, a market village. Now, that is something very new for all of us to accept. TLG has heard the voices of all castle collectors. That's is what we really dream of, and it's a dream come true!

Yep, I think I have possibly even dreamt about this kind of set before, literally!

Heheh, I dream about Lego often... :wacko:

I've just got back from the Brickish STEAM event in Swindon. It was unveiled here today as well... For anyone visiting tomorrow Sunday 5th , it's still setup in one of the LEGO display cases to drool over.

Woo! I'm a Brit so I'll have to hop on the train to Swindon tomorrow morning then! Well, I don't think I could really though. :sadnew:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Now all we need is next years Ewok set to be just as great.I wouldn't mind seeing somthing like this for kashyyyk :thumbup:

Anyone know the price for this in New Zealand?

One more thing is that this would be perfect for Pillage the Village... at least some aspects. I would love to put some of those booths around for the pirates to plunder... aw...

It would be great to have some gallows to hang the pirates :cry_happy:

I might make a moc of that...

Well, it is about time! Finally, some peasants!

This is a great looking set. I particularly like the green "harlot" dress female minifigure. It would be a very quick change to turn that into an Elven archer figure (and maybe that's where we'll see it again!), or even an Arwyn from that old comic book, Sojourn.

Jan 2009 can't come soon enough!

Now all we need is next years Ewok set to be just as great.I wouldn't mind seeing somthing like this for kashyyyk :thumbup:

I would predict between NZ$120 and $160 but I don't live there.

My assumption will be NZD$160 to $170. It will be likely within this range. I used Aust's pricing to do a rough estimation since its AUS$149.90 (Refer to first post)

Similar to Singapore's pricing, I suspect mine will be much closer to SGD$190 to $200. Sigh, it will be another expensive set for collectors in my country. :cry_sad:

I particularly like the green "harlot" dress female minifigure.

Green dress? The new dresses I see are tan and brown, and black. I like the new new black dressed one, she looks like some manner of medieval rogue.

Looks more like black to me - we won't know for sure until someone gets their hands on it, but in the meantime I say it's black.

Looks rather greenish to me.

It look black to me. Perhaps, my eyes is playing tricks on me. It's getting extremely late on my side. :tongue: By the way, I love this maiden torso too.

Looks to be dark green with black on the outer lining. :tongue: Whatever color is is, it looks great.

Edit: The color is controversial due to the way monitors are made (as well as picture quality). Many LCD monitors use TN panels which are subpar in the color category (along with angle viewing). Then there are VA panels which are quite good color and angle wise (I currently use a MVA). Lastly there are S-IPS panels which are superb in color reproduction and angles, but usually have a high input lag and are very costly compared to the other panels.

So, I simply opened the photo up in Photoshop to create a more clear distinction between colors:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/98LS1TA/drbg.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/98LS1TA/004en.jpg

Upon closer inspection, the black has nothing to do with the dress but since LEGO cannot use a transparent clear, they used black (it's not actually true black, but it's close). The dress consists of a jacket and long skirt.

Of course, I may be wrong but I have nothing better to do sadly.

Edited by dj2005

*whistles* Wow, amazing set! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I cannot wait to grab this, and only for $100! If you consider the price-per-part ratio (10 cents= 1 part) and all of the great new molds, this set is a real bargain. I'd say about $100 cheaper than it would normally be. :sweet: There are tons of new molds here, like the fish, cows, flames, and spyglasses. The figs are awesome, as well, especially the female peasant in the green, serving up cheese. I also like the traveller with the dark brown hood. The fruit stand, cheese stop, and water wheel all add on to this set's coolness, as well as the interior of the buildings (bed, stool, fireplace, etc.). The new flame are nice, but hopefully they wont fully replace the old kind. :sweet:

this is a beautiful set--thanks for putting a link on the front page, I never would have found it in the forum. Love the buildings, love the minifigs, love the cows!

...and yes, that black-dressed woman is HOTT. Va-voom!

Yay, jedikermit agrees with me!

Just took another look at those fish, they appear to be pearl grey/silver. Lightsaber hilts, anyone?

And I also forsee a reawakening of the Whacking trend when the fish become available.

That is a really cool set. It is nice to see that Lego is making Peasants and not just focusing on Knights.

Amazing set!

Even better is the fantastic pricing. At $149.99 CDN, that's less than 10 cents-per-brick. What is even more exciting is that unlike the Cafe Corner and Green Grocer, this set features a large number of new minifigs (original torso prints). We're getting another female peasant, a new male peasant (x3), and a blacksmith all of which have never been seen before. The two cows only sweeten the deal. Given this insane price (even moreso in the US), it would be almost impossible to pass on this set for even the most casual castle freak.

One other thing. Does anybody know about the other figs that have appeared in brickshelf galleries? It seems that tehre is a new queen figure. Any idea where this is from? I recognize the first figure as being Willie from Indiana Jones, but the identity of the second figure escapes me.

a.jpg

I am blown away. I'm haven't built castle in a while, but I was just sorting through my figs and thinking about how I should do something with all my castle figs. This may be the impetus I need.

I have to say that I'm surprised that there are so many minifigs and specialty pieces, and yet it only costs USD6.5 cents a piece!

Bravo TLG! Cash is tight, but you've found a way to make me give up buying the necessities in favor of your addictive plastic Brick.

I don't know who she is but . . .

b.jpg

I want this little lady even more!

2009 castle is going to be so awesome.