Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

i feel guilty, i bought this 1 month ago and it is still in its bags :cry_sad:

Send it over to me!!! I can't (or shouldn't) buy any more Lego sets until after I get an engagement ring :-p

Hope this is the appropriate thread, but as I was oohing and aahing over the minifigs in this set as I opened the bags and started building, a spectator remarked it seemed a bit of a pity that the two female heads were identical. Personally, I think the amount crammed into this set is remarkable, so I wouldn't really ask for more. But playing around, I did arrive at the conclusion that the lady in green perhaps looks rather more fitting with the Clawdette/Witch head. What do folks think?

Slightly more sinister-looking!

scary_lady.jpg

"Hand over that turkey!"

scary_lady2.jpg

I'm not a fan of castle stuff at all, but even I'd buy this!, great details and so many awesome faces, headpieces, animals and accessories!

It also took forever till the pirates ones were up, and the city farm instructions aren't yet, also. I guess you'll have to be patient.

Hope this is the appropriate thread, but as I was oohing and aahing over the minifigs in this set as I opened the bags and started building, a spectator remarked it seemed a bit of a pity that the two female heads were identical. Personally, I think the amount crammed into this set is remarkable, so I wouldn't really ask for more. But playing around, I did arrive at the conclusion that the lady in green perhaps looks rather more fitting with the Clawdette/Witch head. What do folks think?

Slightly more sinister-looking!

scary_lady.jpg

"Hand over that turkey!"

scary_lady2.jpg

I was thinking about this the other day and seeing those pics of the turkey made me want to bring this up...

If the turkey looks like that in molded form, what would the bricked-out version be like?

As far as i know, there actually is a brick built turkey in this set, i think it is supposed to be the black/red one. The other 2 are a hen and a duck. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I thought they were a duck (green), a hen (white) and a rooster (black). It is clearly a cock-tail he has, isn't it? And turkeys don't tend to sit on rooftops (neither do hens and roosters but at least they can - turkeys don't fly at all do they?)

Just received word it is in the mail!

Yay! So glad a bought this set. Now I am regretting not buying two!

Regards, Cpt. PB

Lucky duck!

Im saving for mine as I speak, and there is always the hope DJ's may get it in and discount it before Chrissy. Then you could get a second :wink:

Lucky duck!

Im saving for mine as I speak, and there is always the hope DJ's may get it in and discount it before Chrissy. Then you could get a second :wink:

Buy it from S@H before they jack up the price. Like they have now with the Volkswagen, General Grievous, Taj Mahal, and Death Star. I bet they whack it up to $AUD200 here if it does go to retail :wink:

I built this a week or two ago and the only thing I'm really not keen on is the medium blue colour scheme of the second building. It just doesn't seem quite right. It is a nice set though :classic:

General Grievous was on sale when I bought this, close to half price!

I was wondering and "err"ing over the blue colour. I was hoping it is better in real life than it was in pictures.

16ish (working days) and counting...

General Grievous was on sale when I bought this, close to half price!

I was wondering and "err"ing over the blue colour. I was hoping it is better in real life than it was in pictures.

16ish (working days) and counting...

I meant when they sold it at K-Mart - they jacked it up to $159 before they dropped it to $129.

GG is a fun set, with some nice pieces, don't stress :wink: For $65 it's a good deal.

The good thing about the colour scheme of MM is that the blue is all 1x1 and 1x2 bricks with a few 2x4 arches thrown in, so if you have enough of another colour you can always replace it. I want to do a version in dark red but I don't have enough of the smaller bricks. Town Plan owners could probably do a version in dark green.

I meant when they sold it at K-Mart - they jacked it up to $159 before they dropped it to $129.

GG is a fun set, with some nice pieces, don't stress :wink: For $65 it's a good deal.

The good thing about the colour scheme of MM is that the blue is all 1x1 and 1x2 bricks with a few 2x4 arches thrown in, so if you have enough of another colour you can always replace it. I want to do a version in dark red but I don't have enough of the smaller bricks. Town Plan owners could probably do a version in dark green.

Wow, that is great news! I was thinking a tan or white, for my second one (when if I get it :tongue: ) Do you think that is too much tan? What colours do people think would suit these buildings?

Can the other building also be changed with ease? And do you think the blacksmith building on Bricklink would go well with this set? THIS ONE, Obviously I would mod it into a house or bar!

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard

Both the tan and blue can be easily substituted. Note I made a mistake above - I meant 1x4 arches, not 2 x4 - finding those in rare colours is probably the trickiest part.

That little blacksmith would look cool but I think the colours are out of place (old greys and browns). You could probably make your own version in newer colours with the right door and window pieces etc.

As I said upthread, I think we are going to see a lot of sweet little MM specific buildings :wub:

I've been lazy to do a full review of the set, so for now, just wanna share some pics I took of the blacksmith and tavern buildings...

g9_2009_01-27_057b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_058b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_059b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_060b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_061b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_062b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_063b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_064b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_065b.jpg

g9_2009_01-27_066b.jpg

Set arrived today.

No pictures can do it justice. The best set I own. Best set I have seen.

Great bricks. Definitely getting one if they ever go on special. Perhaps two more :wub:

If you are on the fence as to get it DO! it is an excellent set. Build takes a while but worth every second.

Regards, Cpt. PB

I just ordered it on Monday for my birthday! Should arrive either tomorrow or saturday. Now I can join the club!

Best. Set. Evaarr!!!

('scuse the teen-language :wink:)