VBBN

SNOT Technique...

indexed.gif

Hello! The other day someone asked me how to make a SNOT road on a baseplate, since I was making one, I decided to toss this tutorial out here.

Now, you can see my SNOT road for my WIP here:

2907657961_cbd929213c_o.png

Here is what it is on top of and in between. The gray strip on the one side gives it a clean edge without and gaps showing. It is not alway nessecary to do this, if you have another row of briks on that edge, but since I wanted to have more room, I left it at this.

2907664029_23108fb0f8_o.png

2907676389_afb3377ff2_o.png

Now, if you want to install it nice and snug, look at this; I have added an extra gray strip down one side of the road, to keep it in place better, and to give it a nicer, more even look.

2907663675_87e366f399_o.png

I hope you all enjoyed this mini technique of mine. Not sure if anyone else uses it, but it might be useful to other mocists that have been wondering how to make something like this.

Share your thoughts and your personal SNOT techniques here. :sweet:

And any questions are welcome!

More of these little technique tutorials coming soon.

Thanks for the mini technique VBBN, I wasn't 100 percent sure, as to how exactly one is to construct a SNOT road, this cleared it up for me :classic: . Do you have any other good techniques that could be of help to me or other people?

Thanks for the mini technique VBBN, I wasn't 100 percent sure, as to how exactly one is to construct a SNOT road, this cleared it up for me :classic: . Do you have any other good techniques that could be of help to me or other people?

Not a problem. :thumbup:

What other techniques in particular are you looking for?

I'm not really looking for anything particular, I think I know a bit about SNOT, but I doubt that I know every technique. So anything that you can come up with will be appreciated since one never knows when one might need it for a MOC. Even if I do already know the technique, I'm sure that many other members, or guests could still use your tutorial :sweet: .

I'm not really looking for anything particular, I think I know a bit about SNOT, but I doubt that I know every technique. So anything that you can come up with will be appreciated since one never knows when one might need it for a MOC. Even if I do already know the technique, I'm sure that many other members, or guests could still use your tutorial :sweet: .

The next tutorial I will have is a curved brick wall using 1 studded 1x2 tiles and a few curved pieces. :classic: Hopefully that is of help.

Well, i think these tutorials can be very helpfull to new MOCers like me.

Not that I am building something from the City theme, but i like the fact you make them.

I also never used SNOT before.

Thanks for the post !

Wow nice tutorial.

Mind if I add this to my recent topic on Advanced Building Techniques?

Wow nice tutorial.

Mind if I add this to my recent topic on Advanced Building Techniques?

Sure! :sweet:

Captain Green Hair: Ah, good thinking. :thumbup: I will surley do this.

Zorro3999: You are welcome. :classic:

Yeah. They have the whole road thing downpat. Although I wouldn't mind seeing a tutorial on curves.

Edited by Captain Zuloo