Sign in to follow this  
DNL

Contest, large division.

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 23d

My entry is finally finished.

The King's men have caught one of the richest Pirate captains who used to own several ships, and hanged him. Now his pirates attack the city to revenge his death. (and to pillage it of course :pir-classic: )

ptv01.jpg

ptv02.jpg

ptv03.jpg

ptv04.jpg

ptv05.jpg

ptv06.jpg

Flickr

Edited by SlyOwl

It looks very well already, just what we can expect from an expert-mocbuilder like you.

No critic really yet, since its not yet ready.

Edited by zorro3999

Looking good so far!

I really like the dock and the fort area. I will things to criticize when it's done :pir-tongue:

I've always believed that it's the details that make a great MOC, and you sure have some awesome details in your piece, even if it's still in a working phase. The clutter of little seashells (I don't know what they're called) on the wall are simply brilliant and an innovative addition!

DNL, your WIP entry is really very good. There are a couple of nifty details which you have done well such as the fortress wall, docks, and the hanging crane (whatever it should be called) I am looking forward to your complete entry. :pir-sweet:

nicely done for a start ! your entry is approximately as big as mine^^ will you add some details at the back like a fortress or a village ?

This is looking very promising, especially the sloped battlements, the moc cannons (even thought I'm not too fond of the wheels) and crane are great.

But I don't like the look of those helmets, the "conquistador"-helmet would look better I think (if you want helmets and not hats).

The clutter of little seashells (I don't know what they're called) on the wall are simply brilliant and an innovative addition!

Barnacles you mean?

Edited by Fluyt

Thanks for the comments.

I've always believed that it's the details that make a great MOC, and you sure have some awesome details in your piece, even if it's still in a working phase. The clutter of little seashells (I don't know what they're called) on the wall are simply brilliant and an innovative addition!

That is actually a cannon ball hitting the wall, but seashells on the walls is a great idea, would you mind if i use it?

will you add some details at the back like a fortress or a village ?

Yes, i'll build a big tudor storehouse behind the crane and the fort will be much higher and bigger.

I'm not sure yet, but maybe I'll expend the baseplate, so it's 48x48 and make a bigger village.

But I don't like the look of those helmets, the "conquistador"-helmet would look better I think (if you want helmets and not hats).

The problem is that i don't have any conquistador helmets, and i don't have enough hats for al the soldiers either, so i thought these helmet would look best for imperial soldiers.

huhu DNL ^^ you're going to make it bigger than mine then ^^

and I forgot to wish you good luck for the contest !

The improvements you made look very good.

I have my doubts about the big cannon though, I know its a pretty realistic size, but I dont like it as much anyhows...I dont know why...

Dear DNL,

I like your design very much! :thumbup:

Also, I like the updates you made today.

But I must agree with zorro3999 that the big gun looks out of place in the MOC.

I don't know if you have some cool twist planned for it.

But, if not, I would suggest removing it.

Apart from the gun I like your design thus far and am looking forward to any updates! :pir-classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

Great work so far. Nothing negative. Can't wait to see the final model and give a full review. :pir-grin:

That's looking wonderful DNL!

The little storehouse is great and I love the detail on the wall next to the water.

I agree with Zorro though that the cannon looks a bit large compared to the rest of it. Perhaps shorten it a brick or so? But that's just a minor detail.

Looking good!

What's Good:

All of the detail is great, it looks a lot like the Caribbean at the time.

What could be improved:

I know it's a WIP, but I definitely needs lots of blood and... pillaging. That's what the contest is for, to show how sick and cruel pirates can be, so maybe you should make it gory? Really gory... :pir-devil:

Nice work for so far! I like the fort walls and the jail. Very detailed all, I have my doubts about the huge cannon. The idea is nice and original but I think it doesn't fit in this fortress.

Still, very nice! :pir_laugh2:

The problem is that i don't have any conquistador helmets, and i don't have enough hats for al the soldiers either, so i thought these helmet would look best for imperial soldiers.

Ah, then that is indeed the best choice.

I like the angled archway on the right, but I agree with others that the big cannon looks out of place (but maybe that'll change when you build the tower in the rear)..

I agree that the bigger cannon is out of place. A small cannon would be a suitable item, but only with a fortification up there. This MOC is way too peaceful, IMHO. You need more figs, as I'm sure you know. Overall though, a very great item.

MOC on! :jollyroger:

I agree that the bigger cannon is out of place. A small cannon would be a suitable item, but only with a fortification up there. This MOC is way too peaceful, IMHO. You need more figs, as I'm sure you know. Overall though, a very great item.

MOC on!

Yes, it's peaceful now, but just wait until it's finished... :devil:

The cannon looks too big, but i'm not yet finished with that part of the MOC, It will probably look better later.

Edited by DNL

My entry is almost finished now. It took me a lot longer to build than most of my MOCs (which i often build in one weekend) I will write a background story later.

2932810310_3b2ea3f84f_o.jpg

Flickr

DNL

That's looking absolutely stunning DNL!

The tower is my favorite part, especially the crumbling rocks. There are just so many wonderful details in here.

This is by a long way the best entry so far!

I eagerly anticipate final photos!

I fully agree with Erdbeereis1, This is the best entry so far !

I will comment more thoroughly tomorrow, I am going to bed now, I just wanted to express my admiration to your MOC NOW !