Sign in to follow this  
wulf

Lego Indiana Jones Peril in Peru 7628 review.

Name: Peril in Peru

Theme: LEGO Indiana Jones

Year: 2008

Pieces: 625

Mini figs: 6

Price: USD 84.64 EUR 66.99

Today I will be reviewing peril in Peru.

Front of the box

misc_225.jpg

Back of the box

misc_228.jpg

Nothing too interesting here.

The instruction booklet #1

misc_226.jpg

The instruction booklet #2

misc_227.jpg

Random page in the instruction booklet

misc_231.jpg

The instructions were ok but you have to adjust, because dark Grey looks like black.

The sticker sheet

misc_230.jpg

I think the stickers included are appropriate for this set.

The bags

misc_233.jpg

Not too many bags for the price but its ok.

Bag three

misc_246.jpg

The mini figures

misc_234.jpg

A good array of mini figures a couple more guards would have been nice, but I'm not complaining.

The build

misc_253.jpg

The build is not too bad it can be monotonous but overall its enjoyable.

The Jeep

misc_262.jpg

misc_263.jpg

misc_264.jpg

misc_265.jpg

TLC did a great job on this one now if only they make it a separate set.

The tractor

misc_244.jpg

misc_245.jpg

misc_261.jpg

Nothing too get too excited about. (although it will make a nice addition to the city)

The plane

misc_250.jpg

A very nice model nice design nice overall feel nice wing span I could go on but you get the idea.

misc_248.jpg

The window stickers aren't nearly as bright as you would think they don't match the pictures at all but its forgivable.

misc_251.jpg

The wheel design is pretty nice it serves its purpose.

misc_258.jpg

You can't fit many passengers in the plane and there aren't any seats, but at least you can replace the cargo with figs.

misc_255.jpg

misc_254.jpg

I like the cockpit, there's just enough space for the pilot.

The crystal skull

misc_270.jpg

misc_271.jpg

I love this skull with the right lighting it looks marvelous.

:cry_happy:

misc_272.jpg

misc_275.jpg

The complete set

misc_273.jpg

Overall I am very satisfied with the set I love everything about the set. (except the price

:wink: )

Extra pieces and accessories

misc_284.jpg

misc_277.jpg

I think this is a new pistol design but I'm not sure.

Misc pictures

misc_278.jpg

I really like this guard minifig the scar in the top left corner is a nice touch.

misc_283.jpg

misc_238.jpg

Playability: 10/10 (plenty of playability.)

Design: 10/10 (Awesome design almost flawless, almost :wink: .)

Price: 6/10 (I got this set at TRU surprisingly it was cheaper!!! I only paid $50.00 dollars for it imagine that! :grin::wacko: )

Overall: 9/10 (a great set for lego/Indy fans, I think its perfect but that price ouch! :hmpf_bad: )

If you can get a hold of this set get it,you wont be disappointed.

7628 on brickset.

7628 on bricklink.

Edited by wulf

nice review ^^

Arggg, I want the crystal skull !! it looks so nice!!!

Great review wulf, your photography is excellent. :sweet:

I really love this set, not just because of the plane itself, but also because of all of the neat little accessories that come with it. The tractor is nice, I love that you can attach either a trailer with tools or a stair case. The Soviet jeep is great, and looks very similar to the Brickmaster jeep, which is great for those who live outside of the US. It's nice to have the crystal skull in a cheaper set too. The one thing that annoys me about the set though is the pilot - he's just Bruce Wayne with a white hat on! :laugh:

Thanks for the review wulf. :sweet:

Nice review - good to see all the components of the set up close. I agree about price being too high - not least because the price here in Ireland is even more, at €75!! Needless to say that this is the one Indy set I do not yet have!

I would like this set though - the aeroplane is very well done, and though one doesn't really need another Indy and duplicate baddies, the minifig parts are great for custom minifigs (cool hair, hat, jackets, etc.)

A really good set it seems, but a little expensive, even with 625 pieces.

Cool skull, but I would have preferred at least 1, possibly 2 extra minifigs (another Russian soldier/guard?)

Good review wulf !

I think the set is good. Not something I want because I don't dig the lego airplanes. The pieces look usable and it seems very playable.

I picked this set up a few months back, and it is by far my favorite of all the Crystal Skull sets (maybe because it has nothing to do with the movie :devil: ) Iagree with you on the stickers not being very bright once applied to the windows. That bugged me too.

My only complaint with the plane is that if you display it on its wheels for any length of time, the weight of the fuselage starts to bend the wings downward at the center. They should have made that part a bit beefier. I got around that by attaching a string to it and hagning it about my desk. Problem solved. :wink:

Great review, and great photos!

Very nice review! Your photography is perfect! Though I still question why TLG made this set in the first place. Anyways, I'll probably pick this set up at the end of the year.

Personally, I thought one of this set's highlights was having the most "real-world accurate" of any minifig plane ever--comparing it to old blueprints, it's a dead-on match for a Douglas DC-3, one of the staples of the series's "travel" scenes.

I made some minor tweaks to mine, like red and green running-lights on the left and right wingtips respectively.

Nice review! I agree about that the jeep could have been a cool set by itself.

i agree with your agreement! i would totally buy that! :wink:

Nice review !

Mine had a melted 1x6 dk blue plate :cry_sad: but fortunatelly LEGO service was quick to fix that ! :thumbup:

Where can I find the Peril in Peru set and the indy jeep set in europe (not on the internet)

They had it in Colruyt stores in Belgium, only 50 EUR at the moment.

But it's true it is difficult to find in regular stores, as it is often the case with "limited editions" :hmpf:

Nice review !

Mine had a melted 1x6 dk blue plate :cry_sad: but fortunatelly LEGO service was quick to fix that ! :thumbup:

They had it in Colruyt stores in Belgium, only 50 EUR at the moment.

But it's true it is difficult to find in regular stores, as it is often the case with "limited editions" :hmpf:

Is anyone still finding this set at Toys R Us? I passed on it months ago, and now wish I hadn't...

Is anyone still finding this set at Toys R Us? I passed on it months ago, and now wish I hadn't...

My local Tru was filled with them about a week ago.... :classic: