Shoc

Custom DC minifigures

Hi. I've made a few custom DC minifigures in July, August, and this month, and I thought I'd share pictures of them on Eurobricks for everyone to see. Some of them are just plain minifigs, but others you will see I have used marker pens and nail clippers :tongue: to customise them.

First up is:

Superman

Clark Kent (with a weird torso), and Jimmy Olsen.

dsc01747.jpg

Clark Kent in better clothing, with Jimmy Olsen.

Lex Luthor looking suitably evil, and Lois Lane. Sorry for the blurriness.

dsc01748.jpg

Aquaman

Only one figure here, kind of blurry though. I thought the scales and muscles I did were a bit thick, but maybe not. :blush:

dsc01751.jpg

Batman

Younger versions of Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne and James Gordon (in a different colour than usual). Sorry about the shine.

dsc01753.jpg

Barbara Gordon, as Batgirl with inverted insigna (bad photo, cowl and eyes look better in reality) and Dick Grayson when he was Robin, but as himself.

dsc01757.jpg

These are probably my favourites. An older Barbara Gordon as Oracle, and an older Dick Grayson (maybe too much hair).

dsc01761.jpg

A fuzzy group shot of my updated Batgirl (bad photo once again but the goldy bits are now yellow), Batman (normal but yellow face), and Robin (yellow with short sleeves).

My modified Two-Face (and henchmen), whose scarring and black side of suit goes all the way around instead of just in parts.

dsc01775.jpg

Light side.

Dark side. (You can easily see where I have added more burn but that was the lighting, it actually blends better than it looks.

My custom Black Mask, using Lucius Malfoy's Detah Eater head from Graveyard Duel, but with more black and some lines covered. Photo doesn't show the face very well.

dsc01781.jpg

Closer up to Black Mask's face. On one side, too much shine, on the other, too much shadow. :hmpf_bad: The facial features look good in real life but aren't so obvious in this picture...

Custom Poison Ivy, not like the official one but looking kinda like an Islander, in suitable attire nonetheless.

dsc01783.jpg

I hope you like them. :sweet: Sorry about the shadow and blur and all those other camera difficulties, those were the best pictures I got of them. It really annoys me that the camera can never get the photos just right. :hmpf_bad:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Nice figs, Im not a fine of Dicks hair though. Try the older Robin one.

Thanks. Well, his hair is a bit longer when he's older (at times), maybe the hair I used was a bit too wild, but it does go with the hair TLC used for Nightwing. :wink:

Clark kent is great!

Why, thank you. :blush: I actually think he's quite a likeness to Dean Cain's TV Clark from The New Adventures of Superman. :grin: Notice the black eyebrows.

I think the bat girl looks the best but all of them are great. :thumbup:

Thanks. I don't like that photo much but she does look better in the ABS. :tongue:

What did you mean by the inverted insignia?

Batgirl usually just has a yellow bat as her insigna. My Lego Batgirl has a black bat on a golden/yellow oval, like Batman.

I like them, especially the ones from Smallville (they are based on that serie, aren't they? It's the only Superman-thing I follow) and Aquaman, he looks very nice. I think the figures would get more attention in the Minifig Customization board.

Maybe Clark could use this torso:

973px193.jpg

Yes, Clark Kent would benefit from either that torso posted above or a full suit like he would wear at the Daily Planet. Great work though. I especially like Aquaman and Barbara Gordon's wheelchair.

Thanks for the good comments again. :blush:

the ones from Smallville (they are based on that serie, aren't they? It's the only Superman-thing I follow)

I admit I haven't read any Superman comics and do watch Smallville often, but those figures are based on the comics, even though so are Smallville's characters. :tongue:

I think the figures would get more attention in the Minifig Customization board.

Yes, I didn't think of that. Could someone move this topic there?

Maybe Clark could use this torso:

973px193.jpg

Alas, I don't think I have that torso. I used the most obscure torso design for Clarky, I should find a better one. :laugh: What sets has that one been in? Looks like Spiderman or Harry Potter...

I especially like Aquaman and Barbara Gordon's wheelchair.

Yes, you can't see much of the wheelchair, it's small (9 pieces), but I made it in about a minute - I just found some bits and put them together, it really worked. Barbara might get sore feet though, they're resting on the front wheels. :laugh:

Edited by Shoc

Like it a lot, Alfred the Butler, Clark Kent and Aquaman is my top 3 in that order.

And your Batgirl is great too, also like the girl in the weelchair you call the Oracle but I dont know to which series/movie/comics she belongs...

Like it a lot, Alfred the Butler, Clark Kent and Aquaman is my top 3 in that order.

Wow, Alfred is the simplest of them all. :grin:

And your Batgirl is great too, also like the girl in the weelchair you call the Oracle but I dont know to which series/movie/comics she belongs...

Put simply, Oracle is Barbara Gordon, who was Batgirl until she got shot by the Joker and became a paraplegic. She appears as Oracle in Batman and related comics Birds Of Prey, where she helps her fellow superheroes using her knowledge and computers. :thumbup:

Wow, Alfred is the simplest of them all. :grin:

I know, but he does make quite a resemblance!

Put simply, Oracle is Barbara Gordon, who was Batgirl until she got shot by the Joker and became a paraplegic. She appears as Oracle in Batman and related comics Birds Of Prey, where she helps her fellow superheroes using her knowledge and computers. :thumbup:

Barbara Gordon... must have something to do with Police Chief Gordon... His wife or daughter.

Thanks for your responses!

Barbara Gordon... must have something to do with Police Chief Gordon... His wife or daughter.

Comissioner James Gordon's adopted daughter. :thumbup: The origin story is she went to the Gotham City Police Department's Masquerade Ball in a 'Batman' costume, and had to help her dad when Killer Moth came and spolit things. :tongue:

Dude, I had imagined the exact same yellow Bruce Wayne and James Gordon! Great minds I guess.... Good job on the many purist designs of the figures. I like them a lot!

Dude, I had imagined the exact same yellow Bruce Wayne and James Gordon! Great minds I guess....

Well, those two are the obvious ones to go for. :tongue:

Good job on the many purist designs of the figures. I like them a lot!

Haha, only half of them are purist (or is 6 out of 12 many?). It may look like Clark Kent, Lex Luthor and Lois Lane are, but they each have had a little bit of a touch-up. It's easier to spot with Clark than the other two. :tongue:

I am only kind of a purist though, in that I don't mess up Lego pieces unless I definitely have enough spares, like with Batman's cowl. :devil:

Great figs mate :thumbup: The oracle is great, nice wheel chair!

Kent also looks quite accurate :thumbup:

Thanks. I'll be adding some more as soon as I sort out the photography - Batman villains this time; slightly modified Two-Face, Poison Ivy, and Black Mask. :wink:

I love 'em...can't wait to see how you modify Poison Ivy and Two-Face in particular.

I've done about 100 custom DC Comics customs (here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14632327@N03/...57602339740490/ ) but I'm much less of a purist. I even mix yellows and fleshies! And paint! And cut them up!

So it's nice to see your methods, keeping closer to what LEGO has actually put out.

My favorite is probably Batgirl...although I do dig your Clark Kent, and I'm glad you included Aquaman. Oracle is one of my favoritest characters ever--I just don't like that face for her. It's perfect...except for the crazy eye shadow. Babs wouldn't wear that. Still, I'm glad you included her.

Great job!

I love 'em...can't wait to see how you modify Poison Ivy and Two-Face in particular.

Thank you very much. :classic: actually Poison Ivy isn't modified from the Lego version because I don't own her, but you will see how I did her a little down this post.

I've done about 100 custom DC Comics customs (here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14632327@N03/...57602339740490/ ) but I'm much less of a purist. I even mix yellows and fleshies! And paint! And cut them up!

So it's nice to see your methods, keeping closer to what LEGO has actually put out.

Those are really good! A lot more characters than I would probably make! :thumbup: As for my puristness, I don't paint but you can tell that I do use marker pens, and I did use some handy nail clippers to cut up dear Batman's cowl to make Batgirl's. :laugh:

Oracle is one of my favoritest characters ever--I just don't like that face for her. It's perfect...except for the crazy eye shadow. Babs wouldn't wear that. Still, I'm glad you included her.

I agree on both accounts (my fave too), that is the best available head for her, probably, but the weird eye shadow doesn't suit her. :tongue:

Anyway, I have the photo's ready now, so enjoy them, in all their blurriness;

A fuzzy group shot of my updated Batgirl (bad photo once again but the goldy bits are now yellow), Batman (normal but yellow face), and Robin (yellow with short sleeves).

Clark Kent in better clothing, with Jimmy Olsen.

My modified Two-Face (and henchmen), whose scarring and black side of suit goes all the way around instead of just in parts.

dsc01775.jpg

Light side.

Dark side. (You can easily see where I have added more burn but that was the lighting, it actually blends better than it looks.

My custom Black Mask, using Lucius Malfoy's Detah Eater head from Graveyard Duel, but with more black and some lines covered. Photo doesn't show the face very well.

dsc01781.jpg

Closer up to Black Mask's face. On one side, too much shine, on the other, too much shadow. :hmpf_bad: The facial features look good in real life but aren't so obvious in this picture...

Custom Poison Ivy, not like the official one but looking kinda like an Islander, in suitable attire nonetheless.

dsc01783.jpg

I hope y'all like these. :sweet: Again, sorry about the blur and stuff, it really annoys me that the camera can never get the photos just right. :angry: I'll edit them into the topic post soon also.

Nice--that's a good solution for Ivy, and I love your Two-Face. He especially looks good in a fedora...I'll have to fix his suit the way you did it too.

Great stuff!

Nice--that's a good solution for Ivy, and I love your Two-Face. He especially looks good in a fedora...I'll have to fix his suit the way you did it too.

Great stuff!

Thank you (aack, half of the replies in this thread are me saying that). :tongue:

Two-Face does look good in a fedora, I was going to use his other hair but I actually coloured the white side black for something a while back. It is reversible but I decided not to use that anyway. If you do the suit like his, be very careful, I had to be because one slip of black on white would have been very awkward. It looks like you have a steady hand though, from seeing your DC minifigs. :wink:

Edited by Shoc