Erdbeereis

Red Seas Renegade

thindexedgif.gif 64c

THIS IS NOT A PTV ENTRY

Hello!

Here is my first pirate ship MOC, the Red Seas Renegade. I have been wanting to make a ship for a while now, and finally found the time to do it.

It's certainly not as good as some of the other ones on classic pirates, but I like it nonetheless.

My favorite feature of the MOC, is the retractable anchor. I attached an anchor to a power functions winch, so it can be dropped, and then pulled back in.

new_lego_1_001.jpg

new_lego_1_002.jpg

new_lego_1_003.jpg

new_lego_1_004.jpg

new_lego_1_005.jpg

new_lego_1_006.jpg

new_lego_1_007.jpg

new_lego_1_008.jpg

new_lego_1_009.jpg

new_lego_1_010.jpg

new_lego_1_011.jpg

new_lego_1_012.jpg

This is a blurry pic of the inside of the captain's quarters. It was rather dark in there.

new_lego_1_013.jpg

new_lego_1_014.jpg

new_lego_1_015.jpg

new_lego_1_016.jpg

Power functions winch for the anchor.

new_lego_1_017.jpg

My custom cannon.

new_lego_1_018.jpg

new_lego_1_019.jpg

I really don't like the yellow window frames, but I didn't have a better option at the time.

new_lego_1_020.jpg

new_lego_1_021.jpg

Flickr Page

Thanks! :pir-sweet:

I really like your ship! The sails looks really good I think. Did you make them yourself? If this could be expanded and a different colour scheme used I think it would greatly improve it.

I like the shape of your ship ! and the colour scene is right, I think it can be better , but that's nice ^^

I really like your ship! The sails looks really good I think. Did you make them yourself? If this could be expanded and a different colour scheme used I think it would greatly improve it.

Yes, I made the sails myself.

Very nice! I love the sails. And the color scheme is pleasent as well. :pir-sweet:

You are very inventive, is it because you have few pirate bricks? Or just to show yourself of? :pir-tongue:

My humble advice:

Edited by zorro3999

You are very inventive, is it because you have few pirate bricks? Or just to show yourself of? :pir-tongue:

My humble advice:

1� why not add another hull section (or 2?)?it would make it look more like a frigatestyled ship instead like a galleon (which is just a little les piraty I think) Unless you havent got more that is...

2�where are your climbing nets? unless you add some wings to yer men, the monkey wont be releaved very often for scouting duty :pir-laugh: Im pretty sure your ship will look more realistic too then

3�Pay attention to some details: e.g.: tighten your ropes, make it spann as hard as a stretched pirate on a wrenchbench! Your sails arent completely on place either, or you have made them too short...

1)Unfortunately, I don't have more, otherwise I would have.

2)I was going to add this, but the ones I had were far too short (I didn't have the longer version) and they didn't match up well.

3)What do you mean with the sails?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

1)Unfortunately, I don't have more, otherwise I would have.

2)I was going to add this, but the ones I had were far too short (I didn't have the longer version) and they didn't match up well.

3)What do you mean with the sails?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I think they wouldnt catch as much wind as they can hanging that high, some wind would "escape" if the wind comes from upward/down. This is a lousy detail though and your beautifull sails compensate that and even more...

Your ship is looking fine anyhows

Erdbeereis1, congratulations - you've managed to combined the names of the Red Beard Runner, Black Seas Barrcauda and Renegade Runner, while the ship has the closest colour scheme to the Imperial Flagship!

Thanks Guys!

Mister Phes: I didn't realize how many set names I had combined! :pir_laugh2: I knew it sounded like Black Seas Barracuda but didn't think about the other ones.

I appreciate all of the feedback!

It looks nice. The colors are a little out there, but it is good all the same. If only I had the brown ship bases. :pir-hmpf_bad:

It looks nice. The colors are a little out there, but it is good all the same. If only I had the brown ship bases. :pir-hmpf_bad:

They are quite cheap on Ebay I think, many US (and international) sellers currently offer them at low prices (see under+do a search to see them)

If youd live in or near Belgium I would have some for you.

I like the colours...

I got mine off Ebay as well. But the ones I got were completely covered in dust.

After a long cleaning session, they were fine though.

The reason for the semi-strange colors was that I wanted something different than all of the other pirate ships. You can pretend that these are the real "Jolly Rodgers". :tongue:

Nice ship! My first ship didn't look as good as this one. And for being a medium sized ship it certainly can defend itself with those cool custom-made guns.

I really like the last picture you've posted. For some reason it seems a bit misty making me think that the ship is on the ocean and mist is starting to form.