Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

EB News Reviews: 7979 Castle Advent Calender 2008

4.jpg

Welcome to EB News Reviews! I'm your host, Lord Reginald Horatio Pendragon III, but you can call me Shadows. This will be a special surprise for all of you, as we will presenting our 4th installment of EB News Reviews LIVE from the past! Yes, it's another one of my time travel plots, just shut up. :angry:

In this episode, oh forget it. :look: They're rolling their eyes at me, and if I say the next part, I'll lose what little credibility I have left.

Please Shadows? I hear we're getting a pay bonus on this one for hazardous duty and he isn't in it at all.

He isn't? Oh, well then!

Tonight, in a very special episode, we will re-visit one of the greatest historical moments in Crown Kingdom, when Sir Stauder the Great, brave leader of the Guardian Knights led his Kingdom to victory in an epic struggle of good versus evil, not entirely unlike when our own Staudie has to comb his hair in the morning and can't get the two sides to match. Left side, good, right side, evil!

So, with all of that in mind, I think it's time to get this show on the road. Are you ready, WhiteFang?

Ready as I ever am.

Then away we go! *casts a quick spell with a flourish, a puff of smoke and a cheese sandwich*

Name: Castle Advent Calender

Theme: LEGO /Holiday / Christmas / Advent Calender

Year: 2008

Pieces: 176

Minifigs: 9

Price: SGD$36.90

*In the middle of nowhere*

My head is getting cluttered with colorful pictures.

These must be some mirage or hallucination due to our dimensional lag. We'll be there soon. Now, for the final lap!

Featured set: Castle Advent Calender 2008

1.jpg

Rear box's image

3.jpg

24 Gifts with different surprise

5.jpg

Leftovers

6.jpg

*CLANG BANGGGG BOOOM*

Ouch! My head is hurt. Stop moving.. The camera is about to roll.. Why is this wierdo with a microphone standing beside me?

I a-m Sir Stau-der, lea-der of the Gu-ardian K-nights. Bo-th of you a-re intr-uding my k-in-gd-om, are-n't yo-u?

I can't take his accent.... It's too difficult for me to understand anything.

No problem, I have a tool for just such an occasion, it almost makes him sound like he can speak English. Translator ON!

I am Sir Stauder, leader of.....

Would you stop moving around? :wacko:

Oh, hello Shadows, it has been a long time!

You know him already?

Yeah, he'll save my life eventually.

Eventually? It hasn't happened yet?

No, and when he does... well, I'll explain later.

*Camera Rolls*

Here we are, EB News Reviews: Medieval Edition!

2.jpg

7.jpg

Welcome travelers from far distant land. May I invite you to my humble castle in this Northern Highlands... Here we are, we have reached the mini-eastern gate.

Don't you think he looks a little like Staudie?

That's his great-great-great (insert a lot of greats here) grandfather. His face may looks like Staudie but Staudie can't speak perfect English like him

It's because we are wearing the translators. It seemed our camera boys are in proper disguise too.

9.jpg

This is our town square and....Look at that pretty maiden over there.

Hello there. Let me use my charm to seduce her over.

10.jpg

Get out of here, you pesky little rat! Take THIS, and THIS and THAT!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I am not a rat!! Help me!!!

11.jpg

This is where our archers train our marksman. One shot one kill.. Impressive, aren't they?

Impressive? I think my team forest ranger can do a much better job. Why don't we play a challenge? Try sitting down in front of the target board, and my forest ranger will hit a bull’s-eye.

Jolly well, Sir WhiteFang. Let the challenge begins...

CARDINAL BRICK!!

Give your best shot!

Sir Stauder, you may quit the challenge if you want...

Quit yapping and start aiming.

Here goes nothing!!

*Swoosh*

12.jpg

Bull’s-eye!!

Where is my red plume??

13.jpg

You owed us a fiesta..

That will be evening's dinner..

Where have you gone to?

I was jogging around Town Square earlier. This is an impressive mining area.

Indeed, we hired the dwarves to mine for gold and precious metal for our kingdom's funding.

14.jpg

You sure have a big chamber to yourself alone... This armor looks fitting for me.

Stop messing around with it. That is my spare armor in case of any emergency. What kind of emergency will that be!

My lord, someone has attacked the western gates..

Here we go!

15.jpg

Time to execute my evil master plan! It's good that I have enough budget to rent this little shanty outside the gates.. My minions, rise and attack!!

16.jpg

Our mistress has issued the command of attack.. Let's charge!!!!

*THE WESTERN GATE IS UNDER ATTACK*

17.jpg

Hey guys.. The crops are all over the place. I wonder what had happened here...

18.jpg

Hi there! Are you suffering from hunger? You look awful green... Both of you, why are you as thin as a skeleton? That is because, there are skeletons and orcs!

19.jpg

I will save all of you from these foul creatures! Everyone, let's retreat! Crazy man with a crossbow cart is charging at us...

20.jpg

I am going to get rid of you, evil witch for disturbing the peace which my citizens are enjoying.. Eat my lightning bolt!

I won't be easily stopped by that pathetic lightning bolt!

21.jpg

Eat my twin blades!

I will blast you to pieces, nosey parker!

22.jpg

I had ran out of mana. Time for me to sneak out!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I am going to get you, evil witch!

23.jpg

OH MY GOD!

You are such a silly witch. Fell into your own stew... That's the end of you.... Or is it?

Actually, no. She'll come back, try to kill me, you'll save me then she'll curse your whole family with decreasing intelligence. By the time we meet Staudie, he'll be dumber than that jester you have around here. Oh man, I'd almost forgotten about him...

Bummer.

Seriously...

24.jpg

I am so glad everyone is safe.

I had close encounters with those pesky undead. That was a bad experience

Enough war for one day, let's make merry with beer and food.. I had asked my in-house Jester to come in and entertain us with his jokes..

Ugh. :hmpf:

25.jpg

When "Hinckley" and "Sinner" come together? What do you call them?

Hinck and Sin?

Nope! It's called the "Walrus and the Whacker."

Geez, what kind of crappy joke was that? And people complain about my jokes... Oh, and it's the "Whacker and the Walrus". He'll kill you if he doesn't get top billing.

26.jpg

Guess it's time for us to head home. Let's take a group picture of our cast and the advent characters before we head for a commerical break. That's all everyone. Overall, we felt that this is a set which has great potential with wonderful parts and accessories. More importantly, there are great minifigs such as the Jester and the Maiden which are exclusive to this set only. Therefore, we strongly recommend you guys pick up this set.. See you soon! :wink:

Everyone, thanks for viewing! Hope you had enjoyed it. I will bring you another exciting, interactive and informative review soon, here exclusive, only on EB News Reviews!

*Camera Fades*

Very short, but nice review. I saw the pics yesterday evening on BS, and I think there's more fun to come, isn't it so :wink: ?

Thanks for sharing, WhiteFang :thumbup:

LuxorV

Very short, but nice review. I saw the pics yesterday evening on BS, and I think there's more fun to come, isn't it so :wink: ?

Thanks for sharing, WhiteFang :thumbup:

LuxorV, it's sooner than you think! Actually, I just wanted to put a short teaser, to test something. All is complete, except for a final touch which I am waiting. :devil:

Hope you enjoyed reading it this time round.. Our EB News Reviews 4th Installment is finally ready for viewing! Come on everyone, let me know how you really feel! :blush:

Oh, I thought you were going to unreveal it little by little. Something like opening the windows one by one or similar...

Thanks for the update. It feels more complete, now :tongue:

LuxorV

Oh, I thought you were going to unreveal it little by little. Something like opening the windows one by one or similar...

Thanks for the update. It feels more complete, now :tongue:

I can't let the readers wait for me, to reveal bit by bit. The wait can be quite unbearable. :laugh: I just hope you had enjoyed it as I had try to push this review as soon as I can from last night till now. :blush:

And in a surprise fit for an EB News Review, I just went and um, spiced it up a tiny bit! So, if you've already read it, read it again, for the first time!

Great job, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review WhiteFang! :thumbup:

This is certainly a great set. It's really nice that we get 3 exclusive figs. The maiden, jester and witch are great figs with detailed torsos.

Is the jester's head a new print? I don't recall seeing it before... :sceptic: It's a nice one though. It reminds me of the scared head but a happy version.

I can't wait for mine to arrive from Germany! Thank goodness I have relatives there. I wouldn't want to miss out on this nice calendar!

Aye, this is EB News alright... It wouldnt be it without a joke about Staudie's intellgience... :hmpf_bad:

Stauder. :tongue::thumbup:

Great review WhiteFang, I'm waiting for the 3 sets that I ordered yesterday. :thumbup: (I'm now supposed to close your topic am I not, oohw wait no that is only in the Academy isn't it, or is it, that evil witch of yours, what did she put in my coffee?!) :tongue:

(sorry, my c compiler is nagging me, so I'd better go home before I start annoying more people here).

Edited by JopieK

Good review, I already ordered mines some time ago.

I just love that witch :wub: ... Probably because she remembers me on my first love...

She eventually became Wicca anyhows :sceptic:

They say many Wicca are addicted to ***, maybe I should pay here a visit, just for Old Times Sake :devil:

I wonder how much that Lego witch will be going for on Bricklink, everyone seems to like her.

She must have put a spell on us all!

PIRATE ADVENT CALENDAR: now !!!

Whitefang bro, great review. This review really come out fast considering you got the sets on Wed? Just got mine today and looking forward to opening them tonight, when my son goes to sleep. :tongue:

And in a surprise fit for an EB News Review, I just went and um, spiced it up a tiny bit! So, if you've already read it, read it again, for the first time!

Great job, WhiteFang! :thumbup:

Hey Shadows, thanks for the spice up. It's great and very enjoyable to read. I can never write something enternaining like yours because I am such a dull person. :laugh:

Thanks for the review WhiteFang! :thumbup:

This is certainly a great set. It's really nice that we get 3 exclusive figs. The maiden, jester and witch are great figs with detailed torsos.

Is the jester's head a new print? I don't recall seeing it before... :sceptic: It's a nice one though. It reminds me of the scared head but a happy version.

I can't wait for mine to arrive from Germany! Thank goodness I have relatives there. I wouldn't want to miss out on this nice calendar!

Thanks Erdbeereis1. It's nice to have this wonderful set with 3 exclusive figs. I think the Jester's head is new print. All heads are single sided except for the maiden. Glad your calender is on its way to you. :wink:

Aye, this is EB News alright... It wouldnt be it without a joke about Staudie's intellgience... :hmpf_bad:

Stauder. :tongue::thumbup:

Hey Stauder, you are the "star" of this review. Next time, there will be more bizzard and interesting content. :devil:

Great review WhiteFang, I'm waiting for the 3 sets that I ordered yesterday. :thumbup: (I'm now supposed to close your topic am I not, oohw wait no that is only in the Academy isn't it, or is it, that evil witch of yours, what did she put in my coffee?!) :tongue:

(sorry, my c compiler is nagging me, so I'd better go home before I start annoying more people here).

JopieK, opps I thought I dropped it in the Academy. :laugh:

Woo hoo, 3 sets. I will get more of these next month. This set is really exciting to have, when you are a castle collector and I am a big fan of it. :blush: What's going on with the witch? :laugh:

Good review, I already ordered mines some time ago.

I just love that witch :wub: ... Probably because she remembers me on my first love...

She eventually became Wicca anyhows :sceptic:

They say many Wicca are addicted to ***, maybe I should pay here a visit, just for Old Times Sake :devil:

I wonder how much that Lego witch will be going for on Bricklink, everyone seems to like her.

She must have put a spell on us all!

PIRATE ADVENT CALENDAR: now !!!

The witch reminds me of your first love? :wacko: Wow, that's really something amazing. I am very sure you will get more of the witch. Personally, I love the maiden, jester and dwarf mainly. Yes, the witch is lovely but I don't need so many witches by my side, unless I intending to build more appertice.

The Pirate Advent Calender, is a sweet idea too... Perhaps next year? :grin:

Whitefang bro, great review. This review really come out fast considering you got the sets on Wed? Just got mine today and looking forward to opening them tonight, when my son goes to sleep. :tongue:

Thanks bro! I was rushing out both City and Castle advent reviews as soon as possible. I don't like to delay such excitement. Glad you enjoyed reading it. Let me know how is your feeling when you opened yours. It was an exciting experience for me to open two advent sets in one day. :sweet:

Great Review Whitefang!

I see you took advantage of Toyshunt selling the Advent Calanders. I have to pick mine up sooner or later... :laugh:

The Jester fig is awesome! He'll be great for any Castle lover! :grin:

Next time, there will be more bizzard and interesting content. :devil:

I await more of your work. :sweet:

Stauder.

Great Review Whitefang!

I see you took advantage of Toyshunt selling the Advent Calanders. I have to pick mine up sooner or later... :laugh:

The Jester fig is awesome! He'll be great for any Castle lover! :grin:

Hey Inertia, actually I got both my advent calenders from Bricksworld. Have to get it from them, since I reserved it long time ago, since they are unsure whether it will bring these into Singapore. If I remembered correctly, this is the first time ever we see Advent Calenders in here, as offical products unlike previous years. Anyway, you must defintely get it. I will defintely plan to buy more of these for its figures and accessories. It's very useful even though it's a little expensive. Well, the Jester, Maiden and the Dwarf make up for it. So, I think its worthwhile to get more. :wub:

I await more of your work. :sweet:

Well, I need to see what are the sets I am going to open next, and what evil thoughts might come into my mind! :laugh:

I missed this, being away and all, so I better comment on it now. :grin:

This is a great review guys, and I really like this unique new style of doing them. It was fun to read, with some excellent humour, and still showed the set off and allowed us to get a good look at it. One thing that I think might be helpful would be to somehow incorporate the opinion part of a review, as in, which bits you find appealing and which bits you don't, but try and include it in the story. That would be cool, as it would tell us all what you think of the set, as well as providing more opportunities for jokes and terrible puns etc. Just a suggestion, I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Anyway, fantastic work to all of you; nice job on the photography WhiteFang, and to Shadows for some of those jokes. I was laughing a few times, and that's always a good sign. Oh, and good on ya Staudie for, um, er, being the glue that holds everything together. :thumbup::tongue:

Keep it up guys, I'm looking forward to the next one. :sweet: But where are the interviews? The news waits for no man, but this man is waiting for the news. :laugh:

I missed this, being away and all, so I better comment on it now. :grin:

It's because you are "draggy" around. :tongue: Seriously, welcome back! :classic:

This is a great review guys, and I really like this unique new style of doing them. It was fun to read, with some excellent humour, and still showed the set off and allowed us to get a good look at it. One thing that I think might be helpful would be to somehow incorporate the opinion part of a review, as in, which bits you find appealing and which bits you don't, but try and include it in the story. That would be cool, as it would tell us all what you think of the set, as well as providing more opportunities for jokes and terrible puns etc. Just a suggestion, I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Thanks! Your feedback is very useful and valuable to our EB News Team. This is a new style that I have attempt for this installment. Right now, I am trying to find the right catalyist to mix the whole production in a right and entertaining manner. I agreed with you that the EB News Review is lacking of views, thoughts, comments, analysis on the actual set itself. I am trying to incorporate my way of writing reviews and EB News Review presentation into a much value added review itself.

I will try and include my opnions and thoughts on the set itself, and stir some great entertainment for this production. :wink:

Anyway, fantastic work to all of you; nice job on the photography WhiteFang, and to Shadows for some of those jokes. I was laughing a few times, and that's always a good sign. Oh, and good on ya Staudie for, um, er, being the glue that holds everything together. :thumbup::tongue:

Without any of us here, this production won't be a box office at all, I think. We need Staudie to be the "Star" for our highlights. Shadows' jokes are always filled with smart humor for our readers to amuse on. :laugh:

Keep it up guys, I'm looking forward to the next one. :sweet: But where are the interviews? The news waits for no man, but this man is waiting for the news. :laugh:

Go and hunt Stauder for some interviews! I had reminded him few days ago. :devil: As for the next EB News Reviews, I had not begun to plan yet. Hope I am able to find time to work on. :sweet:

Do you think this set is still available (If it's not, I'm gonna kill myself for not ordering it earlier :cry_sad: )

You could always call and find out.

finally got it today after waiting a week for it to arrive from S@H. First thought i'd open everything in order beginning december 1st, but there was no way. :tongue: All the new figs are just awesome. :wub: Now i have to find out how to integrate everythig in my other castle stuff :tongue:

Btw.: i noticed several people had stuff missing or different figures in their calenders, that isn't the case with mine. Everything alright here :thumbup:

Edited by metalandi

finally got it today after waiting a week for it to arrive from S@H. First thought i'd open everything in order beginning december 1st, but there was no way. :tongue: All the new figs are just awesome. :wub: Now i have to find out how to integrate everythig in my other castle stuff :tongue:

It's nice to know that your advent calender has arrived safely. Does it mean that this will be your first review assignment for the Reviewers Academy? :wink:

Hopefully i get time in the next couple weeks, life is pretty busy these days for me. But i haven't forgotten the acedemy for sure, i already read all the guidlines and stuff. :tongue: