• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

6209 Slave I Review

Admiral Piett: "Bounty Hunters! We don't need that scum."

Darth Vader: "There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millenium Falcon, you are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. That means no disintegrations!"

Boba Fett: "As you wish."

.�..and so begins the race to capture the Millenium Falcon!

Set Name: Slave I

Year of release: 2006

Set Number: #6209

Pieces: 537

Minifigures: 4 and a ½ (Han Solo doesn't really do much)

Price: 49.99 US

Brickset

Bricklink

Here is a picture of the instruction booklet.

This is the exact picture shown on the front of the box as well.

620901.jpg

A picture detailing the inside of the instruction manual.

620902.jpg

Next up we have a picture of the minifigures.

This was a major reason behind purchasing this set off eBay. I love all the bounty hunters from Empire Strikes Back, and this set comes with three of them. Boba Fett, IG88 and Dengar comprise the bounty hunter contingent, with a Bespin Guard and Han Solo frozen in Carbonite rounding out the 4 and a ½ figures.

620903.jpg

Slave I.

This set came with plenty of nifty pieces like sand green tiles, lots of various hinges and cool slopes. Besides being a great build, as well as no dreaded sticker sheet!

6209015.jpg

Cockpit shot.

Boba shown in the upright flight position.

6209021.jpg

Rt side detailing.

From the left we have the Laser cannons on the tail. Next is a small compartment that opens forward on both sides to reveal some hand held weapons. The upward opening hatches reveal some heat seeking missiles on both sides. Just behing the cockpit is the spring-loaded missile launcher (avoid aiming this at the eyes). Below all of these you can see a cabinet that opens up and the lever to fire the missile.

6209016.jpg

Lt side detailing.

On this side you can see the corresponding compartments as well as a lever to open the back entrance of the Slave I to allow storage of Han Solo for the flight to Jabba's Palace!

6209018.jpg

One mean sucker!

This is one ship you don�'t want to mess with! Loaded to the hilt with missiles rockets, bombs, lasers etc Boba Fett can shoot his way out of any nasty situations. The Slave I also has some mines that deploy from the section below the back ramp by lifting the rear of the sloping grey pieces. (this was incredibly hard to demonstrate and photograph at the same time, so sorry no pic)

620904.jpg

Flight Mode.

Beside all the in built compartments, the unique design of the Slave I has been copied from the movie perfectly. Upon lift off the Slave I�'s wings roll 90 degrees to stay horizontal, though this switches Boba Fetts position so he can now see the direction he is flying in.

6209020.jpg

Underside of the Slave I.

Here you can see the multiple engines used to propel the Slave I.

6209022.jpg

All of the gang!

Boba Fett: "Load Captain Solo up"

6209024.jpg

In Summary.

This is one of only two sets I have kept built since purchasing, so that should tell you how impressed I am with the design of the Slave I!

Playability: 10/10

Pricing: 10/10

Design: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

I have never been disappointed by any facet of this set and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone!

Bounty Hunters: "Hey Darth you're crowding the shot! The fans want to see us, we only get a short time on screen!"

01-6209.jpg

Thanks you all for looking, there are some more pics of this at my Photobucket

Edited by KimT
indexed

Nice review and well worth the 10/10 score you gave it, there's nothing about this set that is bad at all. The minifig selection is fantastic and Slave 1 just looks amazing, every detail is spot-on.

Absolutely the definitive version of Slave 1 and a must for all!

Nice review, I also like this set , there is a lot of cool pieces in it!

Nice Review :thumbup::classic:

I wouldve gotten this set if it was cheaper :tongue:

How much did you pay for it on Ebay?

I think it worked out about $95 AUS incl postage from the US (built once and displayed) :thumbup:

I bought this set when it first came out and was impressed on how good it looked. Last summer my house flooded and I had to move everything out which meant packing all of my displayed models. I put them all into a large cardboard box as we had to have everything out fast. I put this beauty on the top and it was the only thing that survived. All the others are still broken apart at my parents' house two hours away and probably will be until after I graduate college.

This is the best Slave1 they've ever done.

Jango's and early Boba's go home :tongue:

A great design with some awesome minifigs. :thumbup:

Thanks for the review.

By the way: I've indexed it and added a poll.

Did you per chance use the quick edit button? I edited your review because it had font-flaws (small boxes). This has happened to me a few times when using the quick-edit. Hence I don't use it anymore.

I love this set and totally agree with your review. You really can't fault it. It's fantastic to swoosh as well.

I own this set and got it when it came out. If I may have my own say, it is one of the more detailed Lego Star Wars set, with a 5 in that, but it is easy to fall apart, and if you leave it on a shelf for too long, the engine details can fall off, as well as parts of the rimming and other detail, so a 2.5 for durability/shelf life. making a 3.75 average, or a 3*.

*-I rounded down for the minifigs, none stood out except the Bespan Guard, Best Slave 1 made yet still.

Great review and a great set! :thumbup: I have this set and I love it! :wub: One of the best Star Wars sets, IMO! :wink:

Lego12

Thanks for the cool review I Scream Clone :thumbup: . I think this is one of the best star wars sets in the whole line and fortunately I purchase it when it is out (I thought about leave it on the shelf becuase I own the first one (Which is by far inferior to this one :tongue: ) but after some thinking I grab it :laugh: ). The set itself have a lot of detail and a really big size (But smaller then it should be :grin: ) really, really a cool set. I highly recommend it :sweet: .

Edited by darkrebellion

This was by far an outstanding set. It was a huge improvement over the original Slave I or Jango's Slave I.

Thanks all for the nice words and great stories behind what must be a classic in terms of SW sets!

This is the best Slave1 they've ever done.

Jango's and early Boba's go home :tongue:

A great design with some awesome minifigs. :thumbup:

Thanks for the review.

By the way: I've indexed it and added a poll.

Did you per chance use the quick edit button? I edited your review because it had font-flaws (small boxes). This has happened to me a few times when using the quick-edit. Hence I don't use it anymore.

Thanks for putting the poll on KimT, I was having issues with the font-flaws on the 7037 review using the quick edit, but when I would open the page again they would dissappear, it was all getting a bit confusing as other times I would fix the font flaws and save and they would return again :hmpf_bad:

Cheers buddy!

I think this is a great review. The pictures are really good, I think you just need to work on having no shadows in the pictures and your fine. Other than that, its great!!!!!

LegoKing

I think this is a great review. The pictures are really good, I think you just need to work on having no shadows in the pictures and your fine. Other than that, its great!!!!!

LegoKing

???

Perhaps talking about the set in a review topic would be suitable!

???

Perhaps talking about the set in a review topic would be suitable!

I was just trying to help him, not to be mean.

Okay, sorry to bump an old review, but when I was going through my bricks to rebuild this set I noticed that there is a dark bley 2x4 plate and a pair of light bley 1x4 plates listed in the parts inventory which do not seem to be used ANYWHERE on the set. In fact, I don't even remember those pieces being included (though four years is a long time). Can anyone help me?

Okay, sorry to bump an old review, but when I was going through my bricks to rebuild this set I noticed that there is a dark bley 2x4 plate and a pair of light bley 1x4 plates listed in the parts inventory which do not seem to be used ANYWHERE on the set. In fact, I don't even remember those pieces being included (though four years is a long time). Can anyone help me?

According to my LDD file, you are correct. I guess they forgot to take those out when they made the final version out of a prototype maybe.