beuk

Pirated Television - PTV contest entry

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 19a

2879395474_872ce9a15d.jpg

"Aarrr, and just how we be pluggin' it in mate?"

My entry for the PTV contest small. The base is 8x8, only the boat is not that small. Everything is on the base though. The hardest decision was I didn't know if pirates "pillaging a village" would find an old fashioned tv or a flat screen. Maybe if that "village" was Beverly Hills... I figured since it was the 1600's it must have been an old fashioned one :)

What would YOU pillage?

Edited by SlyOwl

Welcome to EB Beuk!

Nice and creative entry, although there's some things wich could use some improvements.

- I see you've used sand green round bricks and palm tree trunks for the dock supports. The green ones look a bit out of place, I'd take brown ones, like the palm tree trunks.

- There's a lack of mindless cruelness! :pir-skull: Let the sick part of your imagination go wild and add some explicitely cruel details. :devil:

Other than that, it's quite a nice concept, great pun!

A nice, humorous creation, but as Mr. Tiber said, there are some improvments that can be made.

1) I'm not sure if you're allowed to have that much of an overhang (meaning the small boat), as it goes well of the 8x8 base

2) Yes, where is all of the violence? :skull: It's called "Pillage the Village", and there's a guy with a knife in his chest right on the introduction picture!

3) I doubt that a TV and cargo crate fit within the "Pirate" theme

4) The ship seems a little packed- I suggest removing the grey crate and maybe one of the barrels

5) The water section is a little inconsistent, perhaps you should either coat it all with smooth, flat tiles or have a complete stud surface

Other than those minor complaints, this is a very creative and well made vignette! :pir-sweet:

Nice start Beuk! (By the way, welcome to EB!)

I really like the uneveness on the dock.

Here are a few suggestions.

1) Instead of having both green and brown dock supports, try just using brown as I think it would make it more wood-like.

2) You need some blood man! This is a vicious contest here! :pir-devil:

3) Maybe try to free up some space in the boat, as I think the boat would sink by the time that old heavy T.V. gets in. :pir-tongue:

I think this is great! :thumbup: It's a very creative use of parts. The palm tree stalks for docks. I think the green on the bottom, as a representation of algae and seaweed and the like. I like the great pun on the title, and I'm not usually one for puns. The TV is a bit big, but so were the TV's in the 70's. :pir-grin:

Nice start Beuk! (By the way, welcome to EB!)

I really like the uneveness on the dock.

Here are a few suggestions.

1) Instead of having both green and brown dock supports, try just using brown as I think it would make it more wood-like.

2) You need some blood man! This is a vicious contest here! :pir-devil:

3) Maybe try to free up some space in the boat, as I think the boat would sink by the time that old heavy T.V. gets in. :pir-tongue:

I agree, I think you especialy need something cruel to be added to your entry, since that is the theme. It looks very nice though ! And you can only do so much with 8x8 :pir-classic:

I actually like the sand green bottoms of the dock supports. It really gives the impression of seaweed. However, The boat seems way too cluttered, and lacks a good amount of violence. Also, this only seems barely in "the original intent of the pirate theme" (16th-17th century Caribbean pirates). It's a very nice start though. Keep it up!

Dear Beuk,

I really enjoyed your entry! The moment the picture popped up I started laughing. :pir_laugh2:

Personally, I feel steeling the tv is mighty cruel! :pir-skull:

I am imagining the national football team was playing

at the world cup when those pirates just took their tele... :pir-oh3:

Poor villagers... although the timeframe is slightly off, that just makes it more funny to me.

Thumbs up from me :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

I really love this MOC. This may sound strange, but I laughed for about 10 minutes when I saw it. I don't think it is a valid entry into Pillage the Village though. Sorry, but it goes against all of the rules (or at least some of them like "only period scenes"). But keep up the great work anyway. :thumbup:

I really love this MOC. This may sound strange, but I laughed for about 10 minutes when I saw it. I don't think it is a valid entry into Pillage the Village though. Sorry, but it goes against all of the rules (or at least some of them like "only period scenes"). But keep up the great work anyway. :thumbup:

If it's only period scenes, then you wouldn't be allowed to use real LEGO pirates, would you? How many pirates had eyepatches, hooks, or peglegs (AT THE SAME TIME!)?

yes but maybe Captain Zeeloo is right, in the rules topic, Mister phes wrote :

What defines "pirate"? Vikings? Mediterranean pirates; African; Chinese?

It should be realistically set in the Caribbean between the years 1500 and 1800, thus including early pirates and the Napoleonic Wars, but not Vikings or modern pirates. No steampunk. However, Islanders and Imperials are allowed, as are skeleton-pirates, troll-pirates, fish-pirates, zombie-pirates e.t.c... You can have any combination of people fighting, not just Pirates versus Villagers.

"between the years 1500 and 1800" " but not Vikings or modern pirates."

maybe it will be refused because of the television :/

and I have to say it doesn't really show the "cruelty" of pirates^^

But I really Like it and I want it to be allowed to enter the contest! because that's a really well-done and funny moc! the point is " are anachronism allowed ? " ^^

Edited by Guss

If it's only period scenes, then you wouldn't be allowed to use real LEGO pirates, would you? How many pirates had eyepatches, hooks, or peglegs (AT THE SAME TIME!)?

True, but you knew what i meant didn't you. Only sailing ship pirates.

yes but maybe Captain Zeeloo is right, in the rules topic, Mister phes wrote :

Are you mad boy? I'm always right! :pir_laugh2:

I did, but I was being silly.

Yeah. I know :pir-classic:

Something cruel with a television. "Thinks very hard"

I've got it. They put the telly in the prison and let the prisoners "enjoy" the teletubbies. :pir-laugh:

ooh, the Horror :pir_laugh2::pir-grin:

Something cruel with a television. "Thinks very hard"

I've got it. They put the telly in the prison and let the prisoners "enjoy" the teletubbies. :pir-laugh:

ooh, the Horror :pir_laugh2::pir-grin:

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :pir_bawling: That is the worst punnishment ever! Being forced to watch druged colourful men! EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK

Nice entry, and welcome to EB. :pir-classic:

Things that are good:

The parrot is very nice, as is the boat and dock. The crate and barrels (hehe) are also clever. Nice SNOT base.

Things that could be better:

The green 1x1 round plates under the dock are a little distracting, but I think the sand green 1x1 bricks are fine, maybe they're representing seaweed or rust?

Overall, good small entry. :pir-classic:

]Things that could be better:

The green 1x1 round plates under the dock are a little distracting, but I think the sand green 1x1 bricks are fine, maybe they're representing seaweed or rust?

Since when does wood rust? Besides, Rust is brown. Lime is a teal-ish sand green on copper, though.

Jim, I don't think it's a SNOT base. :wink: But yes, those sand green studs should be replaced with brown ones, though I get the sense that you wanted to give it a stained, "wet" effect.

Jim, I don't think it's a SNOT base. :wink: But yes, those sand green studs should be replaced with brown ones, though I get the sense that you wanted to give it a stained, "wet" effect.

I am pretty sure that makes use of tiles underneath the dock. Although I would suggest that if you are going to use tiles, cover all

of the base - you have studds on the outside of the dock supports.

I agree that wood doesn't rust, but I don't think that is the desired effect. I think it is suppoed to be seaweed on the bottom.

Also the boat looks to cluttered. It looks as though it is about to sink so maybe move some of the cargo out.

I don't think this will be enterable due to the modern technology, but this is a good MOC and a real credit to you anyway! :pir-classic: