Sign in to follow this  
RichardAM

A treasure chest of Pirate MOC Booty!

thindexedgif.gif Military 12b, Vig. 17b, Vig. 17c

Hello! I've been lurking these boards for years now, but with the resurgance of Pirate building I thought i'd venture on over and share with you all some of mocs i've built recently!

Imperial Sentry

2786784260_206e82d1cc_m.jpg

An attempt at building an Imperial fort. The hinge bricks made the overall shape a lot more interesting than it being square (imo). I wanted to try SNOT water early on in the build, but I soon decided against it- I don't think I have enough blue and I was still trying to get my head round it at the time. The tower might've been better higher as well, but no point in making regrets right?

Wrecked

2811014236_15503a8b33_m.jpg

I started building this for the Castaway contest over at the Forbidden Cove, but I got it finished far too early!

Following the MOC above it was my first attempt at SNOT water. I think while in practice it looks better, i'll be honest, I far prefer good ol' trusty baseplates. I'm still a newbie!

A Different kind of Booty

2870191334_845816465b_m.jpg

Though the map was innaccurate, the journey was far from a failure- Mermaid Rock proved to be the real treasure of the quest. :pir_laugh2:

Comments and constructive criticism welcome!

Cool MOCs. I've seen a few of them over on The Brother's Brick before and I really like the imperial sentry. It's refreshing o see a pirate MOC where a studded sea doesn't detract from the rest of the MOC.

I love them, but you already know that :)

That I do sir. :pir-sweet:

It's refreshing o see a pirate MOC where a studded sea doesn't detract from the rest of the MOC.

That's good to know. If I had more know-how and blue I probably would've gone in a SNOT direction, but I think for shallower water it looks right enough.

Thanks again.

I love them. That fort is great, and as you said, it does really give a change of pace from the usual square forts (Zcerebus' Fort Brighton is another.)

I love the shipwreck, it's just great and packed full of details! Keep 'em commin'!

I've been seeing some of your work in the past and I was most impressed.

I'm very happy you've registered at Eurobricks.

With you MOCing skills I'm sure you'll be able to win one of the 12 prizes at our upcoming contest.

An attempt at building an Imperial fort.

Dude, stop bashing yourself. You're MOCS are great. There is nothing wrong with them. They are very realistic! Keep up the great work.

RichardAM, you have a very fine cache of MOCs with some well honed skills indeed!

I'm very glad you've broken your annonimity to share these fine creations with us.

RichardAM, you have a very fine cache of MOCs with some well honed skills indeed!

I'm very glad you've broken your annonimity to share these fine creations with us.

Yes. Your flickr folder seems to have been there for centuries, yet you only join us here now? Well maybe not for centuries as these are only new MOC's, but I wanted to sound interesting.

*hides in a corner*

Edited by Captain Zuloo