Sign in to follow this  
Olog

UCS V-wing

indexed.gif

I decided to post some of my more diverse creations in different categories here on EB for those who are curious what themes I prefer, and what my building style is. The MOCs I have chosen might not be the most representative for my style of build, some might be even two years old, and some of my influence has changed since then. Despite the fact that these might not be the freshest of my creations, and some of you might have already seen them, I hope that you all enjoy them and gather inspiration from them.

I built this UCS scale V-wing when I first joined FBTB to enter my first contest. The UCS contest was held at that time. The tough competition that I had did somewhat bring my moral down, but in the end my model got 3rd place (with Pepa Quinn's ARC on 1st place, and Wintermoog's tri-fighter on 2nd).

2731452036_922de3c4c8.jpg

Brickshelf gallery

The ship was mostly built out of parts from the new B-wing and V-wing sets that I owned at that time.

I tried to incorporate as many functions to it as I could. I added folding wings, that would hold in place at 90degrees with the use of a technic spring mechanism. It also featured landing gear that would fold out if the lower engine was rotated. And a number of opening maintenance hatches. It also had one of the most detailed cockpits I have ever built (even until now).

Thanks for viewing :) .

I also only have praise to give for that model - well done Olog :thumbup: ! It´s a beauty and as the others have said the cockpit really rocks!!

Lots of details and it looks like a "real" one. I love the UCS scale and would love to have yours standing side-by-side my TLC ones :wub:!

CopMike

This a very good v-wing model.It definetly beats the one made by the lego company.I like your cockpit. :wub: It gives the sense of what the clone will actually be looking at when flying.I dont see any improvememnts from here,but can you put a minifig beside it so that we can see like how big it really is? :classic:

This is an incredible moc :thumbup:

Very good details in all. The cockpit, again, is greatly done.

Browsed through your other creations as well, and you show that you really got good building technique.

Keep it up!

-Ras-

That is such a great creation!

I am not into SW Lego but love all the UCS stuff, your creation is beautiful. Could you please provide a link to the competion so I may see the other creations?

Give the man a MOC expert tag!

Regards, Cpt. PB

Thanks everyone for the comments!

CopMike: Thank you, I bet it would have looked good next to the official models, I built it to be in the same scale as the UCS X-wing.

Provisorak: It's not really fair to compare it to the official one, that was a pretty weak attempt at a minifig scale one, while mine is around 5-6 times larger. Sorry but I can't take any more pictures, I've taken it apart after the contest.

Cpt.Pegleg: Thank you! Sure, Here's the contest thread. One of my favorites were the ARC-170 and GG's starfighter.

COOL !

It looks a bit like a MOC ive recently seen on brickshelf, Its awesome.

i think SW is the best non-historical theme to build MOCS.