Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

Interactive Apocalypse: The Ambush

What to do? Please read post first, thanks.  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dare approach the vehicle?

• No, Run! One wears Shondra's suit but shares not her compassion, it's a trick!
    • Yes! Take your chances, it might be a friend! Death is better than what you have left anyway!
    • Fight it! Use the gun at the top of the buolding the guards didn't reach to protect yourself!
  2. 2. In any of these options, what ot take with you?

• A gun from a guard, it will come in handy or spook the ambushers!
    • Food and canteen from the roof, you'll need it!
    • Nothing! A weapon or object will look suspicious and may lead to a quicker death!
  3. 3. Take Sheckles with you in any situation?

• Yes! Though insane and mysterious he appears honest and friendly, perhaps useful too!
    • No! He could prove a danger and a liability! And if running you'll need more rations!

Hello, and welcome back to Interactive Apocalypse! :skull:

p1250046.jpg

If you are not familiar with this engaging interactive moc storyline, here is a massive but exciting lot of background to look up:

The Introduction

Part 1 - Safe Season

Part 1.5 - Strangers

Part 2 - Surviving

Part 2.5 - The Deadzone

Part 3 - Mistakes

Part 3.5 - Captured

Part 4 - Where Loyalties Lie

Part 4.5 - Xenu's Sea Fortress

Part 5 - The Battle

Part 6 - The Prison

Last time you were imprisoned in Lord Dragonator's horrible Prison:

p1240702.jpg

You decided to stall Dragonator's request of an audience with you to wait for a mystery "Death Bringer" as rumoured by Sheckles, an equally mysterious fellow who suffers from insanity but seems to hide a dark secret, given his being in Dragonator's special prison:

sheckles.jpg

You faked sickness, you made excuses and begged fof food to be cooked before seeing "His Lordship", and just before you were taken away, the ambush came:

p1250036.jpg

Spewing forth Hellish flame, the two vehicles raced violently towards the prison, wiping away the guards. Colonel Kleb Miller scurried away in time, and for the first moment you saw fear in her eyes:

p1250086.jpg

Yes, this woman cold as ice and hard as steel, her life's enjoyment built upon sadistic pleasure, fled widly away screaming, barely dodging the flames that followed her from the giant three wheeled machination:

p1250047.jpg

Though you yourself are engulfed in fear too, your hopes of rescue are crushed, no one you knew was this violent, especially not Shondra despite her courage, courage you have none of when faced with this vehicle:

p1250050.jpg

The roaring vehicle does not slow even over rough terrain, it seems to have a well working suspension system:

p1250052.jpg

Top Shot:

p1250059.jpg

Cool shot:

p1250056.jpg

The drivers wear white, and as they draw closer one seems to be wearing Sondra's uniform!

p1250076.jpg

p1250096.jpg

But it might be a trick, Sondra you know beneath her determined exterior is a compassionate person, doing only what she has to with reluctance, and hiding her despair behind her wit. This violent, slaughterous attack could not be her could it?

p1250069.jpg

The smaller vehicle is not as dangerous but brings violence and death also:

p1250098.jpg

The robot incorporated into the monstrosity reminds you of the destroyed Weapons Bot 99, yet somehow even colder:

p1250099.jpg

Blazing guns and scorching fire maybe, but this one you recognise only as a distraction for gunfire being quicker:

p1250101.jpg

you amy be facing death, you are lucky a precise shot from this one blew open your prison for you and Sheckles:

p1250103.jpg

Oh, and this is totally Hinckley's skeleton being torched! :grin:

Epic final shot:

p1250114.jpg

Normal day shots:

p1250115.jpg

p1250117.jpg

p1250118.jpg

What to do with this situation? Do you run? Do you stay and dare see if they are benevolent to you? Do you fight in self defense?

Furthermore, using your escape opportunity, what do you take with you in any choice? A gun? Some rations Nothing to avoid suspicion form the ambushers?

Even furthermore, do you take Sheckles with you? Yes? No? Choices.

Make them wisely EB, this world is counting on you.

Can you survive?

p1250038.jpg

Notes:

Yes, surprised the moc is smaller this time? This is all part of my more effective format, that is, making the moc appropriate size to the story. Credit goes to Sandy for the help on this one. Don't worry, big things WILL come, but when the story or choice demands it, I won't try to inflate what shouldn't be.

Also, credit to Sandy and iamded's suggestions, I am delving into the characrers more. You may notice in this one you get more of an idea who Shondra is, and also who Kleb Miller is. I chose to do this more subtlety but there may be a character thread one day.

Amusingly enough, this is the first chapter to not introduce new characters, there will be more, but for now I am delving into older ones and in this case keeping the spotlight on current ones.

Also, big things planned this season, I have a storyline planned. The choices dictate a great many things regarding the outcome (of which there are many) but I always have a key plot detail.

Hope you enjoyed and comments appreciated!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Yay for the rescue! If that's what it is...

I don't think you noticed, though, that you slighty changed Sondra's name to Shondra. But if she truly returns, I'll be happy! That's why I voted for the protagonist to approach the vehicles (I know you wouldn't kill him in any case, because that would mean the end of the series).

Anyway, I'm glad that the female canine running the prison lived to see another day - and another episode. She's too delicious of a character to be killed off just like that. :wink:

I voted, before I forget, to approuch, take food, and bring Sheckles. Nice build, I love the vechieles. I'm interested to see if the person is related to where Sondra came from, or is related to her in anyway.

I love the vehicles too, but aren't the flames a little too long ? ^^

Hey great installment of IA Batbrick, I love the vehicles you've made so far espeically the trike, it seems very fitting for the post-apocolaypse theme, there's something about it that says awsome :thumbup: . As for what I voted I said take some food, and rations because you never know for sure how long it's going to be until you can get some more besides it appears that it would be stupid to attack as they have more fire power. I also get the feeling that these guys who are attacking are on your side or at least they share a common enemy with you since their attacking Dragonators prison, so I think that it's likely that it's Sondra in her suite and not some one else. Lastly I voted to take Sheckles with you because he might prove usefull, perhaps he might even be the reason that these guy's are attacking the prison :oh3: .

In short great work Batbrick, I only hope that we make the right choices, and I can't wait for the next one :sweet: .

Yay! Invaders! Big tricycle tread thing! :tongue: Good episode, and and I like that you're trying to delve into the characters, but this is a little too much too fast- a little too dramatic. :wink: I think you should tone it down, just a bit.

I think you should try to find out how they are, just be really careful. If it were an option, I'd say to hide among the ruins, if they stop, watch them, try to find out who they are. If they leave, follow. (Slowly. You still have a wooden leg! :sing::cry_sad: )

I'd say grab the gun and the food, but that's not an option, either!

Take Sheckles. I have a feeling he's going to be important.

Nope- Assuming that these are similar to modern flamethrowers, they shoot suprisingly far. Nasty, nasty weapons, though.

Very good ep. And I love the moc.

I said:

Yes, take the chance...

Food and canteen...(How are you seen as a threat with food/water? "Beware! I have peaches!" )

Yes, take Sheckles.

This is getting so much interesting. :tongue:

I will want him to take his chance. Grab some food and canteen from the roof. He has been starving for a long period of time to bid for his escape. Of course, take Sheckles with him. I am sure he will be useful in the future.

Food and canteen...(How are you seen as a threat with food/water? "Beware! I have peaches!" )

You never know:

banana_gun.jpg

:tongue:

Also I agree with Mr. Mandalorian, that you are going a little bit too fast in introducing new charecters, and plot twists. Still this was a great episode Batbrick, I can't wait to see what happens next :sweet: .

I like everything in this chapter: the story, the MOCs (very intetseting built!) and the personality sketches.

Great job, BatBrick :thumbup: !

Answers: stay, take food and keep Sheckles with you.

LuxorV

First of all: Don't worry about the size of today's episode's MOC, Batbrick, the sheer brilliance of its design absolutely makes up for it! In fact, that tricycle-like vehicle is the most original MOC I have seen in a while! Very good job! :thumbup:

On to the story: I, like many others, have decided to approach the strangers with food. This way I wont be seen as a thread and will have something that the strangers surely want, so they wont harm me in order not to harm the food, no matter if they're friendly or not.

But unlike most of you, I voted against taking Sheckles with me. It's nice that he heard right about the "Death Bringers" coming and shared that information with me, but I don't see how an insane old man could be of much further use.

Keep it up, Batbrick!

Now, as this particular episode doesn't involve me, I think I'll share my thoughts as a viewer rather than as a biased warlord. :wink:

First of all, the builds look great Batbrick. They may not be big, but they are certainly cool, and look the part. I love the big wheels and streams of fire. A very cool design I must say.

Now, for the voting. I'm in two minds about this, on the one hand, it is a bit of a coincidence that this person has turned up and happens to be wearing Sondra's suit, but then, she is extremely vicious. That said, it has been two years since you last saw her, so perhaps she has changed, for better... or worse. I think that it is unlikely there is any chance of escape, so take your chances I say. It pains me to say it, but if these people are attacking Lord Dragonator's prison (blasphemy in itself!), then they are most likely going to be friends of yours.

Next, take the food and canteen, in this world, food is a very important factor. Lastly, take Sheckles along, he may be mad, but he's been with you for two years, and it might be interesting to find out why Lord Dragonator had him imprisoned.

Well, this response is a bit shorter than usual, but I think I've covered everything. Well done, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. One thing I;d really like to see is some of your brick-built creatures, they were awesome, and I'm missing them... :cry_sad:

Other than that, keep it up! :thumbup:

Short sweet, and action packed. Well Done!

I find it interesting that most EB'ers, myself included, seem to have such faith in the goodness of the charachters. Most of us voted to approach the mysterious vehicles, not bring guns, and bring along the crazy dude.

Now, as this particular episode doesn't involve me, I think I'll share my thoughts as a viewer rather than as a biased warlord. :wink:

Good. It's hard to take you seriously as a girl. :tongue:

Woo, those are some sweet MOCs! Very cool indeed! A very creative and unique way of making them, I love it! Of course, the treads get bonus points. :grin: This is looking promising, or perhaps deadly. I think I made good choices. Or perhaps horrible mistakes, condemning us to doom. :laugh: We'll see.

First, I voted the second option;

Yes! Take your chances, it might be a friend! Death is better than what you have left anyway!

I mean, really, what do we have left? Our friends could all be gone, and I know that the enemy of our enemy is not necessarily our friend, but we can at least take the chance. They did free you after all.

Secondly, I voted for the first choice.

A gun from a guard, it will come in handy or spook the ambushers!

Hopefully they'll see you as wanting to join them, not as threatening. I wouldn't leave this place unarmed anyway, so a gun could be your best friend right now.

And finally, I voted the latter choice.

No! He could prove a danger and a liability! And if running you'll need more rations!

I still don't trust him. I realise if Dragonator locked him up here, he won't exactly be his best friend, but he could still be dangerous. Best to keep him out of things.

Ooh, that was fun. Can't wait to see what happens next! :laugh:

~Peace

Good. It's hard to take you seriously as a girl. :tongue:

:oh3: I'll have you know that beneath this pretty exterior there is a strong, 21st century woman ready stand up for herself! Do not under estimate the power of a dress! I'm a lawyer you know. :wink: Moonlight has need of my talents! :sweet:

Besides, look who's talking Mr. Mandy Lori Ann. :tongue:

I'm not in the Baritones, but it's good reading!

I love this chapter, the new firetanks are pretty interesting, but really cool. That Reminds me, I better get around to posting my IA vehicles, although, I can't have one as big as Lord Dragonator, that would be inconsiderate! :laugh:

Great new chapter, I wonder how this turns out....

Nice... I voted to go to the vehicle. It would catch me any way. Also, provisions would be scarce here, and thus needed. I don't want to leave this guy alone, even if he turns out to be pure crazy or something.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Sorry I took so long to reply!

Those meanies stole my car! Just kidding! But I'm gonna fight them with a gun!

Er, what?

I don't think you noticed, though, that you slighty changed Sondra's name to Shondra. But if she truly returns, I'll be happy! That's why I voted for the protagonist to approach the vehicles (I know you wouldn't kill him in any case, because that would mean the end of the series).

Anyway, I'm glad that the female canine running the prison lived to see another day - and another episode. She's too delicious of a character to be killed off just like that. :wink:

Thanks Sandy, thanks for noting that little mistake, serves me right for posting that so late :laugh:

Glad you like what's happening.

It's a flamethrower, you have no idea how far those bad boys can fire :wink:

Yay! Invaders! Big tricycle tread thing! :tongue: Good episode, and and I like that you're trying to delve into the characters, but this is a little too much too fast- a little too dramatic. :wink: I think you should tone it down, just a bit.

Thanks, and definite agreement here. I was rushing so much to post the topic I didn't read it back and see the faults, so thanks for the little criticism.

First of all: Don't worry about the size of today's episode's MOC, Batbrick, the sheer brilliance of its design absolutely makes up for it! In fact, that tricycle-like vehicle is the most original MOC I have seen in a while! Very good job! :thumbup:

Thanks Oky! :sweet:

I thankyou for your comments, I tried to make it as original as I could, so I'm glad I succeeded.

First of all, the builds look great Batbrick. They may not be big, but they are certainly cool, and look the part. I love the big wheels and streams of fire. A very cool design I must say.

Well, this response is a bit shorter than usual, but I think I've covered everything. Well done, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. One thing I;d really like to see is some of your brick-built creatures, they were awesome, and I'm missing them... :cry_sad:

Thanks mate! And don't worry, brickbuilt creatures are on their way I promise, this part is merely a bridge to further importance.

Short sweet, and action packed. Well Done!

I find it interesting that most EB'ers, myself included, seem to have such faith in the goodness of the charachters. Most of us voted to approach the mysterious vehicles, not bring guns, and bring along the crazy dude.

I'm surprised at the faith people seem to have too, especially given the setting. Thanks for the compliments.

Woo, those are some sweet MOCs! Very cool indeed! A very creative and unique way of making them, I love it! Of course, the treads get bonus points. :grin: This is looking promising, or perhaps deadly. I think I made good choices. Or perhaps horrible mistakes, condemning us to doom. :laugh: We'll see.

~Peace

Thanks mate, glad you like it. Thought you'd like the treads too.

Oh and btw, to reveal the mystery of the deadly food, I merely meant a distance glint of sun off a canteen could be mistaken for a fire arm :wink:

So your votes are:

To go with the assailants.

To take food and water.

To take Sheckles.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I just joined and this had to be the first topic I posted in due to the fact I've been following the story from the begining.

Onto what I think I think its a great moc with great use of flames and treads, this is one of my fave mocs ever.

The story is also looking good, I pray that thats sondra it would be a bummer If it wasn't.