28 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale 1 to 5

• 1 – Poor
    • 2 – Below Average
    • 3 – Average
    • 4 – Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

indexed.gif

The enemy is fast. And hungry. And BIG! So da*n BIG!

Set data:

7015: Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf

Year: 2005

Theme: Vikings

Subtheme: N/A

Pieces: 76 (incl. 6 extra)

Price: 5 USD / EUR / UKP

Building time: less than 10 minutes

MISB on review: No

More info: Brickset - Peeron

Front box: I love the Vikings logo!

701501cj7.jpg

Random instructions page: wolf's rain legs

701503zi9.jpg

The human: weapons, a place for recovery and bllody red diamonds

701504ng0.jpg

The human: what a warrior is made of

701505da2.jpg

Viking's sanctuary: will a big shield and a spear be enough?

701506ks1.jpg

701507zv0.jpg

The wolf: his head piece was a 2005 premiere

701508sw3.jpg

The wolf: a side view of the leg

701509wn1.jpg

The wolf: rear body half can rotate thanks to a Technic pin

701510ot5.jpg

The wolf: head close-up

701511ws7.jpg

The wolf: headless body

701512yu5.jpg

Set overview: The viking surely has its hands full; will it be the same for wolf's mouth?

701502he9.jpg

Review:

Smallest set in the line, it keeps the idea of men vs animals that will be the line's leitmotif; isn't that Aqua Raiders concept too?. A good choice of weapons for the man (diamonds ended up in 7020's trasure chest before they got lost). The wolf is really good: scary big compared to the minifig, maybe odd beacuse of the pieces it's built with. Set is still available on the bay, but usually expensive (10 Euros, that's 2x RRP. I was lucky to buy one for less than 6 Euros incl. S/H). Extra pieces include an horn and the usual Technic small parts. The only down side is that this can hardly be an army builder, unless you want an army of wolves too.

Rating: 4/5

Edited by The Cobra

Thanks for reviewing this set.

I bought 2 of these back when they were released and I still dunno why.

I know I wanted to collect Vikings, but why would I buy 2 of this set?

It's a little too pricey in my opinion, getting one minifig and some technic pieces isn't really enough, is it?

I'll index this.

Keep it up :thumbup:

Oh one more thing:

Why did they name the wolf "Fenris"?, it's name is "Fenrir"...

Damn TLG and general mainstreaming :grin:

I sometimes buy two of a set too, but I want to!

As for FenriS, looks like it's an alternate name (while Fenrir is more more popular, both are acceptable).

This is one of my personal favourite Viking small set. In fact, I had bought multiple sets of this for various reasons. The 2 x red gems, the black armor, the weapons accessories and that fanastic wolf. It's offer great playability. Imagine a force of wolf attacking the vikings, or a dark wizard summoning these dark minons to attack the humans. Endless possibility.

This is a very good review as well! Thanks for sharing Cobra. Good job! :thumbup:

I don't really like the viking enemies, because they are all just technic pieces. The vikings are great though.

Another fine review!

I rated the set "average". The fig and it's weapons are good, but I'm not a fan of these dragons/monsters. I'm very happy the new pirate theme doesn't have any dragons or beasts.

At first I thought the wolf looked horrible with all the different colored Technic parts, but it's surely growing on me so much that I might even try to use that technique to make similar beasts myself.

As for FenriS, looks like it's an alternate name (while Fenrir is more more popular, both are acceptable).

The wolf is known as Fenris in many languages, including Finnish that I speak. What name is used is really dependent on the country the speaker lives in, I'd say.

Nice review. Back in 2005 I considered buying this set but eventually didn't. For some reason, the wolf just looks kind of odd to me. the 'shield' is poorly designed as well. But overall it's a good set. It got quite an amount of useful bricks. I voted 'Average'.

At first I thought the wolf looked horrible with all the different colored Technic parts, but it's surely growing on me so much that I might even try to use that technique to make similar beasts myself.

The wolf is known as Fenris in many languages, including Finnish that I speak. What name is used is really dependent on the country the speaker lives in, I'd say.

Nø.

The Norse name was Fenrir and in time it changed to Fenris.

Same with Valhal that changed into Valhalla

Thanks for the review The Cobra, I love this little set, it was the first Viking one I bought. The fig and accessories are great, and I for one love the wolf so I voted "above average". Plus having an army of wolves just looks awesome.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

It would be strange to log in as fenrir on eurobricks, and dislike this set......

This set was the end of my dark ages, the wolf is well designed,

I remember seeing the Lego Viking and felt a rush go through my veins.

the only thing i don't like is the shield.

I like this set *(just like all the Viking sets)

Fenrir wolf ? according to my girlfriend, it looks like a rat .. i don't really like how they did it, it's a good technique to make some other animals, but I think it doesn't work to make a wolf..

I have 2 of this set (mainly bought for the armour and axe at the time), and I really like this set. Even though the set has some useless pieces like the kk2 sword and bionicle shield, the wolf is pretty well constructed, although I don't use it because it doesn't fit in lego system (but it does look good on its own and has some usefull parts, like lots of black droid arms).

a great review, Cobra :thumbup:

i actually bought this set before i was even a TFOL, mainly because of the Fenris.

it looked very nice and detailed, having made from mostly technic pieces :thumbup:

nice set, great review, keep up the work :sweet: