Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Baritones-Day One

baritones.gif

Welcome to The Baritones-town themed mafia game

This is Day One...

Shots rang out, echoing off the buildings of downtown Moonlight. Field Reporter Veronica and her cameraman Neal were the first on the scene:

day_01_01.jpg

"Two murders in broad daylight? The Baritones have really taken over this town, Veronica." Neal cried as he surveyed the carnage.

"I know. They shot my make-up girl last week. Apparently, she had incurred quite a large gambling debt with them. What a shame, I must look horrible. Try to get my good side, okay?" Veronica answered.

Other citizens of Moonlight began arriving on the scene as Veronica started her broadcast:

day_01_02.jpg

"This is Veronica reporting from the streets of Moonlight where a double murder has just taken place in broad daylight. The Baritone family's reign of terror is driving the citizens away from our once peaceful town. There are only a handful of us left here. People determined to take back their town from the grip of fear and evil."

Quite a crowd was building as Veronica continued her broadcast:

day_01_03.jpg

"Oh, this is so horrible," Cried Florence, "I wish there were something we could do to protect our town."

"There-a-there, my petite muffin-a-cake!" Her husband Ivan consoled. "There-a is nothing we can-a do but-a watch-a out-a for-a ourselves-a! Am I Italian now? I thought I was a-Russian! :wacko:"

The Mayor of Moonlight surveyed the scene in shock:

day_01_04.jpg

"Mayor!" Cried Veronica, "What do you have to say to the people of Moonlight?"

"These men..." stammered the Mayor, "They...they were undercover FBI agents! How did the Baritones know?"

"My God!" breathed Neal.

"Quiet Neal!" Veronica whispered.

"Citizens of Moonlight! I am declaring a curfew for this town! Everyone must be in their houses by nightfall until all the members of The Baritones family are found and brought to justice."

day_01_05.jpg

"That's not enough!" someone cried.

"We need to take matters into our own hands!" Someone else chimed in. The crowd roared it's approval.

"Won't somebody please think of the Children?!"

And as Neal filmed the scene, the townspeople did decide to take matters into their own hands...

Rules:

You have all been sent instructions by PM explaining who you are and what your objectives/night actions are. Read these PMs very carefully. They are very clear on what you need to do in order to win this game. Make sure you understand what it is your character needs to do in order to win. The information is there for you, make sure you understand it.

Each day of the game will consist of a day and a night. During the day, you have the option to condemn one citizen of Moonlight to be executed. You are a group of vigilantes now, taking the law into your own hands to gain back control of your streets. Only at the beginning of the next day will you learned if you've killed a fellow Citizen or a Baritone. The day will last for four real time days or until a conviction is made. If no conviction is made, then no one is executed. Once the day is over, the night begins which is when you can PM your night actions to me.

To vote for another player, your vote must appear in bold in this format Vote: (Name of player or character). In order for a player to be convicted they must be condemned by a majority of the players. On Day One, a player must have 11 votes to be condemned.

If you have any questions, please ask in the discussion thread or PM me.

EDIT: 2 additional things:

1. You cannot edit your posts.
  2. You must be active in the game to retain your position as a participant.

Players:

Adam - Al

AgentRick57 - Rhonda

Bob the Construction Man - Betty

DJ Force - Florence

ImperialShadows - Ivan

IScreamClone - Iris

lego12 - Lee

Norrington - Neal

Pencoin - Pete

professor flitwick - Flint

ptdapen - Mayor

randomparrot - Patty

Scyzoryk - Sky

Sir Dillon - Dillon

Skinny Boy - Carter

spaced_out - Steve

stash2sixx - Stan

Thomas B. - Tom

Trexxen - Trekk

VBBN - Veronica

Oh No! Theres been two murders! When will this madness end! (Whispers) The mafia is taking my tax buisness away Mr. Mayor! Will there be a funeral?

FBI Agents! How could these... these... fiends know?! We must bring them to justice at once! We need to comprise a list of who might of had any affiliation with secret agents, for that is the only way they could find out. Perhaps the resturant owners had served them? Or were they seen in the warehouse? Did they perhaps consult a retired newspaper reporter? Did they have issues with their tax returns? All must be found out! The murders must be in the crowd or hiding near, for they could not have fled that quickly. We need a list of everyone in that group! PRONTO!

Man, those kind of murders are just disgusting and make me sick to my stomach. But the people of Moonlight will get their news, no whether they like it or not!

Or I like it, for that matter.

You may call me Petey, for that is my true name. And of course there will be a funeral. Right now the only thing certain is that the Mafia found out about these men, but we will start investigating.

(Name=reference to forum name if you couldn't find out)

Edited by ptdapen

"Won't somebody please think of the Children?!"

We have children? I didnt think anyone else was marred besides the Pseudo Italian-Russian couple.

I don't reconize people easily, but I would remember them if they brought me there taxes. Hmmmm...

Of course there are children in Moonlight. Just not many. Didn't you catch last month's expose on the subject?

'Ey, so which ones of you guyses is one of these fools? No confessions? Dangs, that always gets thems goons...Well, withs the curfew and alls, I has no businesses anymores...theses Baritones need to be brought into the big house, yes?

~Trekk (who sucks at online brooklyn accent and only just got the reference by the game's title)

I have two important questions. One: Who was in the area? And more importantly, how did you two reporters get to the scene so quickly?

Of course there are children in Moonlight. Just not many. Didn't you catch last month's expose on the subject?

I dont like the news. But I think over the next couple of days lll watch it intently over the next few days so that these killers are brought to justice!

And more importantly, how did you two reporters get to the scene so quickly?

The fact that our jobs can't be outsourced overseas. :tongue:

So far, the only one who knew for sure that they were undercover FBI agents is the mayor. Also, there ARE children in Moonlight- I actually spoke on Veronica's expose! My part was about the purpose of everyone's role with the kids, and how their jobs should aid them.

Maybe the mayor wasnt the only one. Maybe they were crooked agents, and got themseves killed by them. Possibly they got to deep and unleashed the wrong information.

Again, my name is Petey! Petey! P-E-T-E-Y! Get it right, please. I would very much appreciate it. I'll need to check if any documents I kept were taken, or maybe someone overheard my talking. Also, I should have addressed this earlier, there are children in Moonlight. I would love to have one of my own, but right now there is no time. *mumble* But I need a wife first...

What about me? We could go to one of those 24 hour chapels! Or we could go to the resturant on a date.

Again, my name is Petey! Petey! P-E-T-E-Y! Get it right, please. I would very much appreciate it. I'll need to check if any documents I kept were taken, or maybe someone overheard my talking. Also, I should have addressed this earlier, there are children in Moonlight. I would love to have one of my own, but right now there is no time. *mumble* But I need a wife first...

Mayor, I may be overstepping my boundries, but as Veronica isn't talking right now, I might say you've been avoiding the question. How would have they found out who the FBI agents were if only you knew they were in the FBI.

I answered the question, my good reporter. I told you I do not know if anyone knows about it yet ,but they could. They may have overheard me talking with these men. Oh, and I'm not going to marry anyone that I just met. That would be silly.

Whatever the fact, gentlemen, we must figure out who could have done this. Now, where was everyone at the time this crime happened?

I was at Town Hall, obviously at my office. Another question is who called you guys after they heard gunshots?

I's was just doin my job, y'know, workings, and suddenly some peoples were shot and they were screamings. Oh, the screamings, terrible they was...

~Trekk

Neal, can you trace that call back to a location? That would be very helpful indeed.

I was at Town Hall, obviously at my office. Another question is who called you guys after they heard gunshots?

No idea. They didn't give a namor adress. Besides, if it really reverberated off the buildings people probably were alarmed.

EDIT:

(OOC: Just saw VBBN's post)

Afraid not. It didn't have caller ID either. If you wanted to trace the call, we'ed need the FBI or the like.

Edited by Norrington

And we can't trust the FBI anymore. Do these people have any families?