KimT

Star Wars Review Index Vote

Vote for a look  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Choose between A and B

• The Old-School Look
    • The New Age Look

Vote for the look of the Star Wars Review Index

Having changed the Review Indexes for Castle, Ninja and Vikings, the time to vote has come to the Star Wars Forum users.

Do you want:

A: The old look:

10143 Death Star UCS

B: The new look:

10143.gif10143 Death Star UCS

You've got one week to vote.

Questions and comments are welcome :classic:

I am neither pro or con.

I'll leave this up to you - the users.

Here's an example of how a finished Index looks.

Pictures are great when you don't know every set by name, like most people I presume, especialy when you're not really familiar with the theme and want to do some research.

When people refer to sets by set number (even sometimes by name) I'm a little lost which is why i voted for the new look, also with the update of the new look I know people would notice the index again and maybe fill in a few reviews, I know I will try to enter some missing ones soon as possible (and as in depth as possible) =]

The new age look means more work for you, so I voted that one. :grin::tongue:

But seriously, just look at my response in the topic like this for the History/ Adventure index. :classic:

EDIT: I just saw your Castle index, great job! I would like to see the "Need Review" tags on this one too! If you want to, that is.

Edited by JimButcher

Definetly the new style look. Its always better to have a picture beside the set before you click all the links looking for it. However, for people with slower internet, it might take a while to load all of the pictures.

Alright, my 200th post! :grin:

New look for me, i don't know why anyone wouldn't want the pictures there. I mean there not massive and it just makes it easier looking for a certain set without having to read all the names.

Deliberate illiteracy is so ON! :laugh:

(Which means I voted for the option with the pretty pictures.)

The new age look means more work for you, so I voted that one. :grin::tongue:

But seriously, just look at my response in the topic like this for the History/ Adventure index. :classic:

EDIT: I just saw your Castle index, great job! I would like to see the "Need Review" tags on this one too! If you want to, that is.

It''ll be there when a review is needed.

Definetly the new style look. Its always better to have a picture beside the set before you click all the links looking for it. However, for people with slower internet, it might take a while to load all of the pictures.

Alright, my 200th post! :grin:

Not that much slower.

The pics are 90-96 pixels at longest.

So an old 56K Flex Modem should be able to do the trick :grin:

I voted for the new look. Since the new index for the castle is awesome, I am sure it will be as great for Star Wars as well. :thumbup:

It''ll be there when a review is needed.

Not that much slower.

The pics are 90-96 pixels at longest.

So an old 56K Flex Modem should be able to do the trick :grin:

Oh, in that case, Theres no reason not to switch with the new look. :thumbup:

It was a hard decision - I didn't know what I wanted more: a list of sets that can easily be viewed at one glance or a long row of pictures that help you find the droids set you are looking for without having to read the description. Since I am a lazy person and don't like reading, I went for the latter. :grin:

I voted for the new age look.

But I'd add it a little tweak : put the link on the name as well as the picture. That way, it's easy see the sets that have been reviewed since they'd be underlined.

I voted for the new age look.

But I'd add it a little tweak : put the link on the name as well as the picture. That way, it's easy see the sets that have been reviewed since they'd be underlined.

Yeah you might think so, but the current solution is to add [REVIEW NEEDED]as a suffix to the sets unreviewed.

But I'll consider it.

Check the Castle Review Index for how the above looks.

Yeah you might think so, but the current solution is to add [REVIEW NEEDED]as a suffix to the sets unreviewed.

But I'll consider it.

Check the Castle Review Index for how the above looks.

Actually, what made me think that was the fact that the first time I checked the two versions, I wondered why there was a link on the old version and not on the new age one... Then I thought of checking the pics and found it but at first glance, it isn't as obvious as the underlined title.

Of course, the big red REVIEW NEEDED tag would be slightly more of a giveaway that there isn't one yet :tongue:

Aaah I see.

Perhaps I should add "Click pics for reviews" to the final index?

If decided that the new look is the one desired by the users. :tongue:

I forgot that I'm going on a field-trip next week and therefore I wont be making any changes to the Review Index before Friday next week. So I guess I'll prolong the vote until Friday morning...not that it seems it would make that much change.

Thanks for voting so far and thanks for all your comments.

In the words of the good ol' Mayday Parties:

"Forwards Ever - Backwards Never"

New look will be applied to the Review Index during the next day or two.

Thanks for your comments and votes.

I'm all for the new look - thumbnails make it that bit easier to find what you're looking for at a glance. I'd suggested addind a space in between the image and text though, just so it looks a little neater :wink: