Sign in to follow this  
boogiewoogiekid

How About a Bounty Hunter Star wars Subtheme?

I'm an enormous fan of the Star Wars lego - but I would love to see some expansion into say perhaps a bounty hunter sub-theme - it seems that this could combine the best of some of the new car-type designs and space concepts for ships, and could really generate cool minifigs that combined the creativity and detail of the spongebob mini's with the clone wars animae mini's features -

I'm an enormous fan of the Star Wars lego - but I would love to see some expansion into say perhaps a bounty hunter sub-theme - it seems that this could combine the best of some of the new car-type designs and space concepts for ships, and could really generate cool minifigs that combined the creativity and detail of the spongebob mini's with the clone wars animae mini's features -

I am also a big sw fan. In fact, I bought almost all of late 2007-now's sets :yoda: Anyway, I think This is a good idea and should be made true.

There are all sorts of possible Star Wars sub-themes. Since the Star Wars univers is infinite. But I dont 100% understand what you mean. Do yo mean Bounty Hunters like Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, ect. or made up Bounty Hunters. If you mean made up Bounty Hunter, probably wont happen. Reason being, LEGO has to get conformation from Lucas before making something. But real Star Wars Bounty Hunters are a possibility.

There are all sorts of possible Star Wars sub-themes. Since the Star Wars univers is infinite. But I dont 100% understand what you mean. Do yo mean Bounty Hunters like Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, ect. or made up Bounty Hunters. If you mean made up Bounty Hunter, probably wont happen. Reason being, LEGO has to get conformation from Lucas before making something. But real Star Wars Bounty Hunters are a possibility.

If they were they were made-up bounty hunters wouldn't they just be normal sci-fi bounty hunters? If you made up something it would be just that, made up (i.e. your own creation, not George Lucas's).

Why wouldn't TLC just make bounty-hunters sets rather then making an entire theme. Is there any point to making a whole new theme?

Even considering that, I'd doubt that TLC will be making many bounty hunters sets seeing as most of the unmade SW bounty hunters appeared for less than a 1 minute time frame, haven't been featured in any recent productions, and all the EU things they've been put into the average 8 year old has never heard of.

On a positive note, if they do make some more bounty hunters, they'd make awseome figures. :tongue:

They do have them in LSW II and LSWCS. So it's possible. All of them have ships that LEGO could make. But I would buya bounty hunter line, as long as they have cool stolen frieghters and weapons. And since it wouldn't be a liscensed product, iit'll be cheaper. But I think if this discussion goes on talking about non- Star Wars bounty hunters, It should be mived to the Space and Mecha forum.

Well I have to say I like this idea, mainly because I think something fresh would be cool. Though they wouldn't have to make an entirely separate theme, they could release Bounty Hunter sets. I would like random targets, doesn't matter if they're actually taken from EU, and then have a city type of thing. The hunter would have to find the target in the scenario, maybe in a crowd of people. Unfortunately, I don't think that would be a great attraction to kids, who I'm sure would rather have more things to do, but in the end, it would give some very nice figures.

I don't know how well that would do. I don't think the video game was very popular, and bounty hunters have never gotten a ton of screen time and for what they have had in the movies they have had legos made. I think the Clone Wars is the only conceivable sub-theme right now that will work, other than the Force Unleashed if the game sells well.

I don�t think a bounty hunters sub-theme will happen :cry_sad: because they are not that famous for the primary market of the TLC (Kids), surely would be cool to own the bounty hunters ships like the Outrider :cry_happy: but I think the TLC can release a S@H exclusive of the bounty hunters metting in the star destroyer as seen in episode V :classic::thumbup: , it could include all the bounty hunters in the scene plus Vader and an imperial officer :thumbup: .

I think that kids love bounty hunters, but there just isn't enough material. I think the meeting would be hard for Lego to do simply because it would be simply a figure pack and really nothing to put with it. They couldn't even really put in a little ship or something. Also, please don't put all of the smileys and stuff in the middle of sentences and posts. It is really distracting.

I always say the same thing in these threads, and I'll do it again here.

I like any idea that gets us more unique figures, but I don't see it happening. Aside from Zam, Boba Fett and Greedo, the bounty hunters are relegated to one short scene and some of them don't even move in that. Slave I is the only ship actually seen in the movies (while the Outrider is in the Episode 4 SE, it isn't a bounty hunter ship, belonging to Dash Rendar, who is more a mercenary).

We've already had Zam, Boba, IG-88 and Dengar, which only leaves Bossk, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, from the major bounty hunters. Aurra Sing is minor, at best, and the days of anything pod race related are probably over. I would have been thrilled to see Boushh offered in Jabba's Palace, but it didn't happen and that whole subtheme (if you'd call it that) was sort of a wash-out.

I don't think the odds of any of the others are much better.

Right now, I'm fairly satisfied getting a new Jedi in each wave and maybe hoping for the occasional droid or some cheap Jawas. That's what I really want... cheap Jawas.

Alot of Bounty Hunters have a lot of EU. Jango Fett for example, the greatest bounty hunter if all time, has a whole game for him. It also has many charaters that would be great as well as his first ship. All of the Bounty Hunters on the Bridge of the Star Destroyer have ships that could be made. So it could eb done. And they would be pretty good off if they make a line of Mandalorians.