Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - The Conclusion

the_conclusion_large.jpg

The surviving members of the castle slowly drifted into the Grand Hall, and took their seats. Last to arrive was Mary, looking bleary eyed and unhappy. Lord Dragonator entered, solemnly followed by Majiko and Staudie. Majiko stepped forward and announced that Rotrigous, the condemned once-powerful King's advisor, was indeed a traitor.

Rotrigous is a traitor!

At that, Mary once more broke down in tears and, with many a confused look, slowly stood. Looking around, she declared herself the last remaining traitor, and then, so suddenly that nobody could do anything, she stabbed herself through the chest with a carving knife pulled from her sleeve. Her last words were that she be laid with her dear Ritz...

Man, what a way to go.

Yeah, terrible. Are there any more traitors?

Lord Dragonator pulls a list out of his pocket.

No, all dead now. Let us see who is left.

Lord Gary, played by I Scream Clone.

Lord Savril (aka Savvy), played by Hinckley

Paul the cellar keeper, played by Commanderbly42

Kyle, the castle executioner, played by Trexxen

Friar Brown, played by TheBrickster

Michael, a soldier of the Royal Guard, played by Quarryman

Congratulations to you all.

Hang on, you knew who everyone was all along?

Ah, yes?

Then why didn't you just capture the traitors immediately?

Because it was hilarious watching them all squabbling and trying to play at tactics. Really, it was great, I think we should do it again sometime. The looks on the faces of the innocent when they were condemned is worth every bit of complaining from the plebs.

Yes, some of the things those people got up to was hilarious. And they were all so gullible at times! Like sheep I tell you!

Thank you Majiko, but they weren't quite that bad.

No I guess not. So they're the winners right? Do they get that big trophy.

Well I guess that would be fair but... have you ever known me to be fair? :devil:

Lord Dragonator steps over to the wall and pulls a large lever conveniently hidden behind a statue. A slight rumble is heard beneath the feet of the six winners, and then silence. They sigh with relief. Then the floor falls away and they fall, never to be seen again. Dragonator turns to a camera.

The lesson here ladies and gentlemen, is that no matter what happens, I, Lord Dragonator, am always the victor. I hope you have all enjoyed watching these bumbling fools as much as I have. This brings the season to a close, I hope you will all come back again to see season 2, whenever that is. You have been a fantastic audience.

With that, the time of suffering was over, and the Dragon Masters Kingdom was once again at peace, under the rule of their slightly crazed Dragon Lord...

The End

Or is it...

Well, with that, this game is officially over. Thank you one and all for your participation, and for all your the great moments we have had together. If any of you have enjoyed this half as much as me, then I know it has been a success. :grin: For the rest of tonights program, we shall be revealing all the little bits and pieces I'm sure you are all dying to know. First, here is an official list of all the players.

Traitors

Rotrigous (King's advisor) - ImperialShadows

Lord Ash - TinyPiesRUs

Lady Suzanne - AgentRick57

General Marcus - Batbrick

Mary (a maid) - Zepher (replaced Inertia in Day 4)

Lieutenant Byron - Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard (replaced Lt. Veers in Day 3)

Loyalists

Lord Martin - Pencoin

Lord Gary - I Scream Clone

Mike (a servant) - stash2sixx

General Spencer - iamded

Michael (a soldier in the royal guard) - Quarryman

Lord Savril - Hinckley

Paul (the cellar keeper) - commanderbly42

Daniel (a young squire) - Flatfoot Thompson

Grim (head of the bodyguard) - WhiteFang

Kyle (the castle torture/executioner) - Trexxen

Friar Brown - TheBrickster

Damien (a doctor and herbalist) - Dovchenko (formerly called sdpirate)

Ernest the Chef - Hyphos

Fred (a soldier in the royal guard) - Adam (replaced KurttKrueger in Day 4)

Mercenary

Calvin (a local fisherman) - Atoll Dweller

That should clear up any confusion there. Now, if you are interested, I have for you to see a very long description of each character. This is what each person was sent at the start of the game.

Traitors

Rotrigous (king's advisor)

You are a sinister character, who helped to plot the death of the king. You are also very cunning, and want complete power over the keep. For you to win, not only do the traitors need to outnumber the loyalists, but you must kill your leader, Lord Ash, before this happens. At night you may opt to protect someone; you will have the opportunity to kill anyone who attacks your protected person. PM me your choice at the conclusion of each day. Your fellow traitors are:

You suspect that Lord Ash has hired a mercenary who is neither a traitor nor a loyalist to find you out. You will have to be cautious.

Lord Ash

You are the leader of the traitors, and are the mastermind behind the king's death. You did not kill him yourself, however your wife, Lady Suzanne, provided the herbs that did it from her garden. You also are suspicious that one of your fellow traitors is trying to kill you for their own ends. As a result of this suspicion, you have hired Calvin, a local fisherman (played by Atoll Dweller) to find out who this is. You are the only person that knows he is not a loyalist, he is instead a mercenary. You win when the traitors (excluding Calvin, as he is a mercenary) outnumber the loyalists. At night you may prevent any other player from using their night action. PM me your choice at the conclusion of each day. Your fellow traitors are:

Lady Suzanne

You are the wife of Lord Ash, who is the leader of the traitors. You yourself are a traitor, and provided the herbs that killed the king from your extensive herb garden. You have no night actions. You win when the traitors outnumber the loyalists. Your fellow traitors are:

General Marcus

You are an army general who has turned bad due too continuous mistrust on the part of the king. You are a traitor to the kingdom, but you hope that with Lord Ash in power your potential will be appreciated. You win when the traitors outnumber the loyalists. At night you may attempt to kill someone. PM me your choice at the conclusion of each day. Your fellow traitors are:

Mary (a maid)

You are a young, flirty maid. You are secretly in love with Lord Byron, and this is why you are a traitor, simply because he is. You have no night actions. You win when the traitors outnumber the loyalists. Your fellow traitors are:

Lieutenant Byron (of the royal guard)

You are an ambitious member of the royal guard who is every wanting more power. You are a traitor, and help by spreading unease through the ranks with untrue rumours. Because of this, some soldiers suspect you of being a traitor. You have no night actions. You win when the traitors outnumber the loyalists. Your fellow traitors are:

Mercenary

Calvin (a local fisherman)

You are a hired man by Lord Ash to help him overthrow the loyalists. You are neither a traitor nor a loyalist; you are a mercenary. You provided the food that the king ate the night he died. Lord Ash also suspects that one of his own men is trying to get him killed, and has asked you to find out who. At night you may attempt to investigate someone. PM me with your choice at the conclusion of each day. You win when the traitors (excluding yourself, as you are hired) outnumber the loyalists and when the traitor who is threatening the life of Lord Ash is dead. You only know one of the traitors, Lord Ash, who is played by TinyPiesRUs.

Loyalists

Lord Martin

You are a lord of the keep, and a proud loyalist. You are almost absolutely certain that Mike, a servant, is a traitor, as you saw him leaving the kings bed chamber on the night of his death. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Lord Gary

You are a lord of the keep and a proud loyalist. Your squire, Daniel, has been acting suspiciously lately, and you suspect him of being up to something. Other than that however, he is a good kid and works hard, and you find it hard to believe that he would be a traitior. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Mike (a servant)

You are a loyal servant of the keep. You delivered a plate of food to the king the night before he died, and are now afraid that you might be blamed for his death. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

General Spencer

You are a proud general and loyal to your kingdom, as well as a good friend of Lord Dragonator. You win when all the traitors have been killed. At night you may attempt to kill someone. PM me with your choice at the conclusion of each day.

Michael (a soldier in the royal guard)

You are a loyal member of the royal guard. You know that someone in the guard is a traitor, as rumours have been being spread, however you are not certain who. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Lord Savril

You are an extremely loyal lord, and a good friend of Lord Dragonator. You know for certain that at least one other lord is a traitor. You win when all the traitors have been killed. At night you may prevent any other player from using their night action. PM me your choice at the conclusion of each day.

Paul (the cellar keeper)

You are a loyal, humble cellar keeper. You may occasionally hear some small bit of information from a guard that has drunk to much; it may or may not be relevant to the general discussion. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Daniel (a young squire)

You are the squire to Lord Gary. Recently you have been flirting with some of the keep's maids, something that you would be punished for by your Lord if he were to find out. However, despite this, you are diligent in your studies and very loyal to the kingdom. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Grim (head of the royal guard)

You are the head of the royal guard and loyal to your kingdom. You win when all the traitors have been killed. At night you may opt to protect someone; you will have the opportunity to kill anyone who attacks your protected person. PM me your choice at the conclusion of each day.

Kyle (the castle torturer/executioner)

You are a happy, cheerful guy, who is loyal to the kingdom. You do however have a job that most people would think horrible, but you don't mind this. You win when all the traitors have been killed. At night you may attempt to investigate someone, and torture them if necessary. PM me with your choice at the conclusion of each day.

Friar Brown

You are a friar, and secretly a member of the Holy Order. You are very loyal to your kingdom, as you see the lords and king as being chosen by God. As a member of the order, you will occasionally receive small bits of information that may or may not have any relevance to the general discussion. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

What he didn't know was that he could not be killed at night, being protected by the Holy Order.

Damien (a doctor and herbalist)

You are the keep's doctor, and are very interested in herbs as a medicine. You come from a background amongst the Indians, and believe in evil spirits. Your favourite animal is an eagle, as it wards off spirits. You are loyal to the kingdom. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Ernest the Chef

You are a lively and energetic chef, preparing all the food for the keep. On the night the king died you sent a servant up to the king's chambers with a plate of food, and you suspect that something must have been slipped into it. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Fred (a soldier in the royal guard)

You are a cheerful, loyal soldier, with nothing to worry about. You win when all the traitors have been killed. You have no night actions.

Well, hopefully that was interesting. Now for the good bit, feedback. I want to know your opinions on the game, what you enjoyed, what you disliked, what you would love to see again and what you think could be done better. Please take some time to think on this, as your feedback will help decide whether I run another game and what things will be included. Also, if somebody else has the next EB game in the works, now might be a good time to announce it. I know I'll be in, whatever the setting. I need a break from hosting. :grin:

Anyway, here are a few of my own thoughts on what I could do better for next time, please feel free to comment on these, as well as adding your own comments too.

- I feel a bit more preparation in the pictorial section was needed. I managed all right in the end, but I think fr next time I'll have some much larger and grander scenes prepared in advance, so it isn't so rushed.

- Possibly less interaction from the host. I know that once or twice I was a little to active for some players likings, and I respect that. I do think however that it is good for me to be in there a little, mainly to stir thins up and get people thinking. This was Majiko's job, he was mainly there to give a mixture of true and false information. All the discovering though should definitely be left up to the players, and I did avoid giving people away, as that would be unfair. I also tried to make it a little harder for those players who survived into the later days by giving statements and questions to which they should be required to defend themselves. All to try and get you thinking. Do you think I succeeded in this? I know that I'll certainly be a little more subtle in some things next time, although there were a few clues people didn't pick up on.

- A couple of adaptations to the rules, the main one being that every person is required to vote every day. That was one of the major draw backs of this game, that on some days nobody voted. Next time, it shall be a rule that somebody must be convicted each day. This will not only stop the game from dragging, but will also hopefully make everyone think a little more about who they're voting for, rather than following the crowd.

- Next time I think the game will have less players, perhaps a maximum of 16. 21 was just to much, especially when some people didn't even participate. Anyway, I think less people will make for a shorter yet much more fun game.

That's all I can think of right now, although there will of course be plenty of other minor changes. Now I want to hear what you all have to say. Was it a good game? What needs improving? If you have any questions about the game still, then ask away, as I am happy to explain.

Once again, thanks for your participation, everyone, and congratulations to the six people who survived to the end. Well almost anyway. :tongue: A big thanks to all of you, to all the people who have been reading these, and to the staff for letting me run this in the first place. It was a pleasure hosting this game, and I am most certainly looking forward to playing with (and against) some of you in the next EB game, whenever that may be. Now, let's get out of this castle, I need some fresh air.

goodbye.jpg

Edited by ImperialShadows
Funky Characters for ' and -

Mystery Castle is a great game. It's a pity that my particpation in this game is quite short-lived. It seemed the whole plot is revealed and putting it in a logical manner. As this is my first game ever in Eurobricks, I must admit that I enjoyed it, despite of my lack of experience. :tongue:

I agreed with Dragonator that the total players must not be too big in size. It's quite sad to know that players whom signed up and is unable to follow the game closely, especially when it's required your particpation depending on what roles you played. The roles in this game are certainly very interesting. In my opnion, I think you have done well in hosting, Dragonator. I will be looking forward to such games in the future. :wub:

Thanks!

Thanks for the fun game dragonator, I really enjoyed it! :cry_happy:

Have to say though I was a bad choice for a traitor :laugh:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Mystery Castle is a great game. It's a pity that my particpation in this game is quite short-lived. It seemed the whole plot is revealed and putting it in a logical manner. As this is my first game ever in Eurobricks, I must admit that I enjoyed it, despite of my lack of experience. :tongue:

I agreed with Dragonator that the total players must not be too big in size. It's quite sad to know that players whom signed up and is unable to follow the game closely, especially when it's required your particpation depending on what roles you played. The roles in this game are certainly very interesting. In my opnion, I think you have done well in hosting, Dragonator. I will be looking forward to such games in the future. :wub:

Thanks!

It was great while I played Mary, but I think Zeph did a better job than I :grin::laugh:

I'd love to come back to season II, I'll make sure I don't go on any conferences next time round :wink:

I think you did a wonderful job and the game proved to be Wonderful reading :sweet:

And It looked like we Traitors were gonna win for a while then... :laugh:

Awesome job on this game, I hope that season II will be better though! :sweet:

Well played everyone!

As a first timer, I was def walking around in the dark for a few weeks, and strategy, phhh I had none :tongue:

I think Dragonator :knight: did a fine job hosting this except for occasionally going on a bit much :hmpf_bad:

Lots of fun things came out of this like kicking pigeons, multiple personalities, bodily functions and loootttttssssss of drinking!

I thought IS played his role very well, bravo!

I would like to have a go in what ever comes up next, and feel that a number like 16 would be much better, as it was somewhat confusing with people being substituted along the way

Finally, nanananananna I made it to the end and the trapdoor :tongue:

Welcome to another exciting episode of EB News Recaps! I'm your host, Imperial Shadows and my special guest is the spirit of Rotrigous, misunderstood hero of the castle and all-around nice guy, mostly. Well, Mary liked him. A lot. :devil:

So, tell me, Rotty, if I may call you Rotty, and I plan to call you Rotty, so you better get used to it.... Rotty. Tell me what you think about all of this.

Well, first, thanks for having me on the show. You know, this whole experience was new to me. I've never been a traitor on a show like this before, and I really had no idea what I was doing.

It didn't show, you almost had them, didn't you?

Honestly, I think we were 1 vote from winning on 2 different days. If anyone, ANYONE would have just listened to me and voted for Kyle, I could have wrapped the rest of it up in no time, but once I realised it wasn't going to happen, I knew it was all over but the waiting. I just didn't discover him in time.

That was a bad break, but what about Calvin? How did you manage to turn that one around? He should have had you on day one.

Hell if I know. I hope he comes in and explains it himself.

Tell me, do you find Staudie annoying?

Actually, our initial plot was to kill him, but the King got hungry and went down for a snack. He ended up with Staudie's sandwich, and the rest, as they say, is history. I hope you can understand our feelings on this.

Oh, I understand all too well. That kid... You know, if you aren't doing anything after the show, we could go steal his tank and drive it in the harbour.

Ah. Well, I have a date, actually, so I should wrap this up by saying that it's been fun and I hope we do it again, soon!

A date? You're dead. You can't have a date.

Undead, actually. Draggy keeps a weird castle. When they buried me, Majiko was supposed to cast some spell to seal me in my coffin for all eternity, and instead... here I am.

Another thing we have in common.

You're ...

Yeah.

So then you'll understand that I need to run while Mary is still fresh.

Ew... You wouldn't... :sick:

No no, I'm going to bring her back from the dead. Sicko. :skull:

Oh, that's ok then. Have fun, kids! :laugh:

And with that, we bring our first and hopefully last episode of EB News Recaps to a close. Thanks for watching and be sure to keep an eye open for Mystery Castle II, whenever that might be.

*camera fades*

I must've missed that part that I was a friend of Lord Dragonator's. No wonder I busted his balls so hard. Only a buddy can gripe at every move someone makes. :grin: At least we all died at the end and now we're safe from having to appear in the sequel. :tongue:

Nice game, draggy. Thanks for all the fun. :thumbup:

Wow, I'm one of the survivors. :oh3: I felt for sure that I'd be one of the first to die. Congrats to everyone, including the traitors, for playing such a great game. Draggy ( :laugh: ), thanks for the great game! It's been so fun and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. :grin:

And so it ends, not with a bang, but not with whimper either. I'm happy that I made it to the bitter end. :wink: It's been great fun, at times simply hilarious. :laugh: Also, the accompanying MOCs were of very high quality, great job. :thumbup:

I've surely enjoyed the game, and hope to join another one, whether it's run by Draggy or someone else. I've also been considering to run a mafia game myself, if I'm allowed. :tongue:

Some minor criticism:

a) Like others have pointed out, there were too many players. 16 would probably have been a better starting number.

b) Blocking everyone from using their night actions during night 11 were a bad idea.

c) There were too few traitors that could kill people, so after we took out General Marcus their only way of reducing the number of loyalists were by getting us to vote them out, which they admittedly did a good job of. Maybe two traitors should have had Kill as their night action.

d) You did get too involved at times, try to remember that next time. :wink:

(and Shadows did a great job playing Rotty, I never even suspected him of being a traitor before Kyle revealed that he was one, I'm officially impressed.)

I knew all along that IS was a traitor, but never Mary. Great game, Draggy.

Unfortnately i died at the beginning but i read through the rest of it. I was very surprised alot of my suspisions were right.

Firstly, allow me to gloat. <_< 2 and 0 woo. Anywho...yeah. This was easily the most fun I've had in a mafia game in a LONG while, and I would like to perhaps see another one from you, Draggy! The host interaction, I think, made the game BETTER - a few NPCs are a great twist!

As for other things:

The doubters: See? I was a loyalist all along. Nyah nyah.

Savril...err...Hinckley (man it's going to be hard calling people by their normal names again): You were the only one of the four I didn't get to investigate til the last day that I didn't have any real suspicions against. Seems I was right...^.^

Everyone: I've got a mafia game planned myself, and with some stuff I'm bricklinking, it won't be too hard to run after all. It'll be a while before it's released, though; look for it in April or May 2009 - and cookie to anyone who figures out the theme before then (I might drop a few subtle hints soon...) ^.^

~Trexxen

Thanks everyone for your comments! :thumbup:

It was great while I played Mary, but I think Zeph did a better job than I :grin::laugh:

I'd love to come back to season II, I'll make sure I don't go on any conferences next time round :wink:

Conferences are such a nuisance. :tongue: Thanks for playing, even if it only was for a short while.

I think you did a wonderful job and the game proved to be Wonderful reading :sweet:

And It looked like we Traitors were gonna win for a while then... :laugh:

Awesome job on this game, I hope that season II will be better though! :sweet:

I thought the traitors would win too. Their major mistake was letting Kyle live so long, if they had got him earlier then they would have had things in the bag.

I'm already planning for next round, and I can tell you it will certainly be better. I've got a castle to build first though. :wink:

I think Dragonator :knight: did a fine job hosting this except for occasionally going on a bit much :hmpf_bad:

Me carry on to much? Why I never. :tongue:

I must've missed that part that I was a friend of Lord Dragonator's. No wonder I busted his balls so hard. Only a buddy can gripe at every move someone makes. :grin: At least we all died at the end and now we're safe from having to appear in the sequel. :tongue:

Nice game, draggy. Thanks for all the fun. :thumbup:

And thank you Savvy for adding your unique personality to the game. I almost regret dropping you down a pit, you were fun to have around. :grin: Don't worry though, I'll bring you back for the sequel, somehow... :devil:

I've surely enjoyed the game, and hope to join another one, whether it's run by Draggy or someone else. I've also been considering to run a mafia game myself, if I'm allowed. :tongue:

I don't see any reason why not. I look forward to it. :sweet:

Some minor criticism:

a) Like others have pointed out, there were too many players. 16 would probably have been a better starting number.

b) Blocking everyone from using their night actions during night 11 were a bad idea.

c) There were too few traitors that could kill people, so after we took out General Marcus their only way of reducing the number of loyalists were by getting us to vote them out, which they admittedly did a good job of. Maybe two traitors should have had Kill as their night action.

d) You did get too involved at times, try to remember that next time. :wink:

b) Yes, it might well have been. This was actually a last chance for the traitors to make a come back the next day, however they didn't take it. Oh well.

c) Maybe, however if I had two traitors that could kill in the night, then the traitors would have a severe advantage. The idea is that they can get rid of one person each night, but the skill of it lies in convincing the loyalists to vote other loyalists out. I think that if there were another night killer, then things wouldn't be as strategic, and thus not so fun.

d) I guess that all comes down to opinion really. :grin:

Firstly, allow me to gloat. <_< 2 and 0 woo. Anywho...yeah. This was easily the most fun I've had in a mafia game in a LONG while, and I would like to perhaps see another one from you, Draggy! The host interaction, I think, made the game BETTER - a few NPCs are a great twist!

I'm definitely inviting you back. :laugh: Thanks, and I'm glad you appreciated the NPC characters.

Everyone: I've got a mafia game planned myself, and with some stuff I'm bricklinking, it won't be too hard to run after all. It'll be a while before it's released, though; look for it in April or May 2009 - and cookie to anyone who figures out the theme before then (I might drop a few subtle hints soon...) ^.^

~Trexxen

Oh goody, I'm looking forward to this! What I want to know really want to know though is whether anyone is likly to run another one this year? Or are you all sick of it by now. :grin: I'm also thinking that Mystery Castle II (or equivalent) will probably be held around July/August next year, as I'd say you all want a break from me. I'm all fired up to play as a character now though, so who's hosting the next one?

Wait a minute, we never finished off the Roman Mafia Game. I wonder if Tanotrooper is planing on doing that...

Thanks Draganator. I loved the game, but why did I kill myself? I'm on my fathers Blackberry so I'll write a longer response on Monday afternoon.

Thanks Draganator. I loved the game, but why did I kill myself? I'm on my fathers Blackberry so I'll write a longer response on Monday afternoon.

You were so deeply in love with Ritz that you just couldn't live without him. Sound dramatic enough? :wink:

My comments in bold ^.~

Thanks everyone for your comments! :thumbup:

[snip'd]

I'm definitely inviting you back. :laugh: Thanks, and I'm glad you appreciated the NPC characters.

Haha, no problem! And I'm glad you'd have me back; there will never be a mafia/mystery game I won't participate in! (Unless I don't know it exists XD)

Oh goody, I'm looking forward to this! What I want to know really want to know though is whether anyone is likly to run another one this year? Or are you all sick of it by now. :grin: I'm also thinking that Mystery Castle II (or equivalent) will probably be held around July/August next year, as I'd say you all want a break from me. I'm all fired up to play as a character now though, so who's hosting the next one?

I'm glad you are! It'll probably be heavily inspired by your Mystery Castle, but with some other hints of the other games I've been in, many of which are off site (I've been playing Mafia heavily since 04 ^.~). And when MCII (or equivalent) happens, I'll be there for sure! Oh, and by the way, the date was actually a hint - I might do it before then, depending on...well...cash flow (XD) . Look around and see if you can spot what I'm alluding to...^.~ (If you DO figure it out, PM it to me, mind - don't want to spoil it for those that don't, but expect this type of thinking whenever the game itself happens!)

Wait a minute, we never finished off the Roman Mafia Game. I wonder if Tanotrooper is planing on doing that...

Oh, I almost forgot about that one! Sheesh, I need to start counting these games in my sig! =P

~Trexxen

Excellent show Dragonator. Having hosted a few mysteries on EB, they take a lot of work and motivation to keep them going as interest sometimes fades. You've done a terrific job and your pictures were superb.

I'd like to see some of the good/humorous lines from the mystery. Perhaps someone might put a few together, or start sharing some. I enjoyed it while participating.

Great job everyone!

A final vision from the Friar for all to enjoy:

EDIT: I found one of my more memorable lines:

In response to Day 8 after Damien took his Leap of Faith:

p1050463.jpg

Rest assured that I'm sure the angels in heaven lifted Daminen's soul by his heavy wings as his body fell to the ground like a Cigar Store Indian.

Although I was never fond of his savage taste in clothing and his medicines from the West, I pray for his soul and for my leg.

May Damien be granted a quick and enjoyable flight to the pearly gates (and that doesn't mean the Mile High Club).

No one even commented! :sadnew:

Im hosting the next one. In the town section called Mystery Town. (Sorry for trying to take your title...) Interested in playing?

Yes, this certainly was a good game. I hope that you'll make another, Dragonator, and that I can be in it. :classic: You really do this well, and I'm sure that if I can participate again I'll enjoy it just as much as I did, maybe even more. If there is a future game, please alert me, and I'd be happy with another minor role like the one I had in MC, but I'm truley yearning for a greater one.

Great game. :thumbup::thumbup:

In fact, I think I'm going to make one myself with Fabuland........

Edit: In response to Brickster's request, here's a comical sequence from Day 7:

p1050388.jpg

IS: A spear with a skull and helmet that look like our poor King when we discovered him. A huge carrot in a spilled goblet of wine, not entirely unlike the one found by his body. Clearly, someone is trying to tell us that this whole thing has been perpetrated by a killer bunny. A giant killer bunny. *keeps his Holy Hand-grenade of Antioch nearby, just in case*

Ok, let's try this another way. The goblet/carrot statue is holding a trident, indicating the sea, which leads back to that clue about the fisherman being the one to catch the King's last meal (never did understand how he caught what looked like a chicken leg). Sort of fishy. FISHY! Get it? Oh nevermind, I was stuck in that damn armoury all night with this blithering idiot, er, I was going to say something nicer, but I can't think of anything, sorry.

Maybe it's just a reminder of the goblet? So we need to question the cellar keeper? Or the chef... but he killed himself. Oh Ernest, why hast thou left us without decent food?

I'm not getting anything else out of this. Anyone else?

My Response: Or not in conclusion.

Alright, lets look at the facts. The king's goblet is poured onto the floor, presumably with the same poisonous liquid in it, but how, seeing as it had spilled to the floor on the first night? The goblet must have been refilled. A carrot is jutting into the liquid (which looks disgustingly like blood )... Giant killer bunnies, eh? *Rotrigous, gimme back my Holy Hand-grenade, go get your own...* No, it is not a giant killer bunny. Let's see, a large red spear sports the kings head, with a shield in the Gladiator's other hand. The Legionary also holds a trident, which seems rather odd (unless he was worshiping Neptune). Also, these satues are Roman, where's every other statue referense has been Greek... a Greek sheild, a Greek helmet on Ernest's head, a Greek spear in the Friar's leg, a Greek spear killig Grim, Greek armour everywhere... very fishy if you ask me.

Later: Uhh, Mary, TMI... (it was a joke...)...

Yeah, I also slept soundly and... alone.

ISC: Perhaps Fred/Adam or Michael/Quarryman may be able to help me out on this one. The selection of weaponry on the statues shows a knowledge of weapons i can only assume a soldier would be familiar with. Would either of you two have something to do with this display? and is it meant to steer us in a certain direction?

My Response to the Question: Well, I didn't tamper with the statues, but I can fill you in. Every other statue reference has been Greek, yet these are the first to roman statues (with the same armour but bley). Now, the Legionary had a trident, which emphesizes a Roman reference (once again) and a reference to both Neptune and the sea/horses (Neptune created horses). Now, the Gladiator holds a red spear, which is very odd considering that everything except the helmet's feathering should be bley. The red seems rather out of place and put there on purpose, but for what reason I do not know. His square shield makes me think Greek Gladiator, but I could be wrong. I don't think the shield means anything. Going back to the Legionary, I doubt that in the statue he was meant to be worshiping Neptune. I think the most important item is the red spear, followed by the trident (poisonous carrots, gold goblets and severed heads not included ). I've also noted a more pressing matter. How was the King's head de-attached? That should be looked into soon, as if he was properly buired, he'd have to have been dug up, and that would be a valid clue. Surely he wasn't still in his bed? Even so, who'd have the time to sever it?

The Draggy Reply to All of this Wondering: Hmmm, perhaps I made today's clue a little to hard...

Here is a lbeled picture from a different angle, as I notice some people are getting the two statues confused. Not that it matters or anything...

p1050390_labeled.jpg

As a piece of advice, try not to take this clue too literally.

:laugh:

So, in the end, I messed up- I had the Gladiator and Legionary backwards! :laugh:

Also, my Fabuland game would be this Christmas, just waiting on a BL order...

Edited by Adam

Im hosting the next one. In the town section called Mystery Town. (Sorry for trying to take your title...) Interested in playing?
In fact, I think I'm going to make one myself with Fabuland.........

Not everyone can host a mystery! avatar1.jpg

Then it's a du-el! Who can get there's up first?

Rest assured that I'm sure the angels in heaven lifted Daminen's soul by his heavy wings as his body fell to the ground like a Cigar Store Indian.

Although I was never fond of his savage taste in clothing and his medicines from the West, I pray for his soul and for my leg.

May Damien be granted a quick and enjoyable flight to the pearly gates (and that doesn't mean the Mile High Club).

No one even commented! :sadnew:

:laugh: How did I miss that! Sorry I didn't say anything, although people do tell me that I often say to much. :blush:

To right, dear friar uh, I mean Brickster. Might I suggest to anyone considering running a game that they run over their idea with an admin first, before proceeding to posting it in the forum? That's what I did, and I think the admins would prefer it. That way the boards won't be over run with hundreds of mafia style games. As the Brickster says, not everyone can host a mystery! It takes a huge amount of time and patience, a lot more than you'd first think. Trust me, I know from experience now. :grin:

You were so deeply in love with Ritz that you just couldn't live without him. Sound dramatic enough? :wink:

Man she really moved past Byron quickly, climbing the ladder i guess :sadnew:

Thanks for the great game, Dragonator, it was great fun. Congratulations to the winners too, although with Stauder still alive, I suppose nobody is a winner... :sceptic::tongue:

I thought that you were a great host, I liked the interaction with the players, although it admittedly did go too far sometimes. The game had a good plot (in more ways than one... :grin: ), and the characters had a lot of, well, character. It's clear to see that you put a lot of effort into this game. Great job. :thumbup::sweet:

Just a few things:

1) What was the significance of the Greek armour? It seemed to have something to do with General Marcus... Or was it just a way to show off your new Brickforge items? :tongue:

2) Why did Calvin fail to recognise Rotty as a traitor? If you have the time, would it be possible to give us a list of night actions each night, and explain what happened? :classic:

3) What clues were hidden in the defaced Roman statues?

Indeed, although I suppose it would be hard to get all of the players back together again. I just hope that at the very least we will learn what roles everyone had. :sweet:

I was actually planning on hosting my Witch Hunt Mafia after MC, but I suppose you have to be quick these days... :sad:

Sign in to follow this