cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

Seems more like the Exo-Force version of alt-models where you buy extra sets to make the souped-up mecha.

Hopefully we'll see more of this though. No such luck with Pirates or City and I can't imagine the licensed themes will do it.

Those rock monsters... they look like they'd make great trash cans... :grin:

~Peace

Somebody's got a hold of some of the sets! (links to pictures as they're too big)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3564188

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3564202

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3564207

And the full gallery

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=354344

The alt-models on the back look interesting.

Yup, that'd be my pictures. Uploading some better pictures as I am writing: photo reviews of sets 8957 and 8960 will follow.

Anyone managed to unlock Boulderax? I can only unlock Sulfurix!

Same, but I can never get full power on the take off :pir_bawling: (ok, OTT!)

I would still say my favourites of the line are as follows, according to piece:price ratio, mfs, stickers, construction, design and new pieces.

1. Thunder Drill

2. Excavation Rig

3. Rock Transporter (the set with Glaciator on its own)

4. Stone Chopper

5. Mining Mech

6. Bike Cutter

(yes, these are sorta my custom names)

Edited by The Rancor

You're a tad late.

Oh. I see. :pir-cry_sad:

Yup, that'd be my pictures. Uploading some better pictures as I am writing: photo reviews of sets 8957 and 8960 will follow.

Great! Thanks, Alldarker! Where in the world did you get them?

How about you, legomilk?

Oh. I see. :pir-cry_sad:

Great! Thanks, Alldarker! Where in the world did you get them?

How about you, legomilk?

I bought these at the Dutch Department store "Vroom & Dreesman". Not a store known for the quality of their toy sections, but it happens to be the only store here in the Netherlands which is currently selling the PM sets.

I'd say Vroom & Dreesman are probably breaking some embargo from Lego, though, so they can stock Lego on the shelves. Here in the Netherlands it will be "Sinterklaas" (Santa Claus) on December 5th. This is a festivity that centers around giving and receiving gifts, especially toys for kids. In the run up to December 5th (and Christmas afterwards) a LOT of toys are sold, sometimes meaning empty toy shelves.

It has probably been mentioned but I don't know because I haven't been here for a while but on lego.com there is a new Power Miners section.

It has probably been mentioned but I don't know because I haven't been here for a while but on lego.com there is a new Power Miners section.

Yeah, it's been mentioned.

Not much there but a pretty rubbish game (by TLW (the lego website's) standards) and weird items telling you what the monsters are like.

Why playful and sly monsters? What's happened to evil? :jollyroger:

Looking at those reviews Oky wan found I have begun to ;love those figs with the awesome helmets and torsos. The big driller vehicle was a little bland though.

Going back to where it all started... Brickshop page.

My favourite monster is the blue one, so I'll end up buying the 10 Euro set.

Edited by The Cobra

BIG NEWS

i just got back from target in the us, and the had about five of the set with the giant orange blade on the front (sorry, I don't know the name). Anyway, it was pretty weird, because the lego section was almost empty, and that was the only power miners set out, which makes me think that some employee just went into the store room to see what legos they had and put that out by mistake. Who knows what else they've got back there :pir-look: Oh, well, I might just be crazy. I didn't by it, because i don't have any money, but i do have pictures for proof.

Was it the $10 one with the container attached to the back? Could you post the pictures please?

-darthperson

it was this one8961-box.jpg

My pictures are on my phone, so it will take me a little while to get them off, sorry :pir-cry_sad:

Oh, glad to see you got your hands on this one! This is the set i wanted to see the most, looking forward to the pictures!

My pictures are on my phone, so it will take me a little while to get them off, sorry :pir-cry_sad:

Don't worry about it. I was just wondering what set it was. I don't need to see a picture of it on a shelf, I believe you! :pir_laugh2:

I didn't by it, because i don't have any money, but i do have pictures for proof.

He doesn't have the set, so don't bother him for a review... :hmpf_bad:

You people hear "new set" and "store" and expect a review. We all aren't made of money you know....