Pieces: 82

Minifigs: 4

Price: EUR 8.99, USD 9.99, CDN 12.99

Peeron Inventory

Bricklink Inventory

Brickshelf.com

The Box

rebel002.jpg

It is a standard box with a stylized picture of the set and figs.

The Back

rebel003.jpg

The back shows the features of the set and the 4 figs that come with it.

The Instructions

rebel004.jpg

The instruction book is fairly standard but does not have piece callouts that show you what pieces you need. However, the set is small enough so that this is not a problem.

Stickers/Decals

rebel006.jpg

The Set includes 6 Alliance symbol Stickers, 4 small and 2 large. I did not Apply Them.

The Minifigures

rebel007.jpg

These are clearly the best part of the set. with a new helmet mold, new torso print and what I believe is a new head print, the four Rebel Trooper Figs are great. They are very accurate to the movies. However, the helmet seems to be oddly shaped and inaccurate.Other than that, the figs are perfect.

The Weapons/Accessories

rebel008.jpg

The Set includes two long and two short blasters. They are in almost every SW set yet it still amazes me how much better they are than the megaphones of old.

Extra Pieces

018.jpg

The pieces that are leftover are a visor, a joystick/control Stick, a round 1 by 1 stud, a technic pin and a technic axle connector.

The Rebel Scout Speeder

rebel010.jpg

By far the largest part of the set, the included speeder is small, curvy and aero-dynamic-looking. It can hold all four troopers(Three in the main part, and one in the Rotating Blaster Turret.

The Blaster Turret

rebel013.jpg

This was kind of a letdown for me. The other part of the set are great but I thought the blaster cannon moved around to easily and it was always hard to get it in the exact right place.

The Windscreen

rebel014.jpg

As I have mentioned before, I love this part. Its the standard mold for a winscreen but It is tinted darker and it adds a lot to the set.

Back View

rebel011.jpg

This view shows the back end of the speeder and the small "mechanism" that detaches the blaster turret. I found this did not work well and more often than not it just broke the turret.

Front View

rebel012.jpg

View From the Top

rebel015.jpg

The Complete Set

rebel016.jpg

This is the entire set, shown with the figs inside the speeder and the weapons placed in their slots on the side(a nice feature).

Overall

Variety of pieces:8/10 Its pretty standard but I like the windscreen and all the slope pieces.

Playability:6/10 The blaster turret is mediocre and it does not detach well.

Build: 9/10 The build is simple and the instructions are mistake free.

Construction: 9/10 Its very sturdy and well-designed but I knocked off a point for the finnicky turret.

Minifigs: 9/10 They are perfect except for the shape of the helmets.

Price: 8/10 At 8.99 EUR and 9.99 USD This set is very reasonably priced.

Score:49/60

Conclusion

I really adore this set. I bought this set almost solely for the minifigs, which are great. However, I was surprised by how much I liked the speeder, which I originally thought was just a parts booster to justify the purchase price. But it grew on me and I have to say, the speeder is as important a part of the set as the minifigs.

Thank you for reading my Review of the Rebel Scout Speeder. It is my first so comments and constructive criticism would be appreciated.

I like your review. It is long enough, but not too long and it has many pictures.

I only have this set never seen for 8,99 euro, only for +/- 15 euro. there are some cheap internetstores where they are around 12 euro.

I like the rebel speeder also much more than the first battle pack vehicles.

Edited by Wout

Thanks for this great review of a fine army builder set.

Though I am not so sure what I'll use all those Rebels for.

Would have been better to get a Hoth or Endor battle pack.

Still this is ok. Average rating from me.

I've added the review to the index and I've also added a poll at the beginning of the review.

Thanks for this great review of a fine army builder set.

Though I am not so sure what I'll use all those Rebels for.

Would have been better to get a Hoth or Endor battle pack.

Still this is ok. Average rating from me.

I've added the review to the index and I've also added a poll at the beginning of the review.

Thanks for adding the poll! I agree with you, Hoth/Endor BPs would have been nicer. But perhaps in `09/2010?

...Though I am not so sure what I'll use all those Rebels for.

On the end of episode IV is there a great ceremony on Yavin 4 when Luke and Han get some gold medailles from Leia and Dodonna. There are many rebel troops there. I thought there were the half of them troops like these.

Yes I remember that scene, but that would also require several other Rebel forces which I don't have.

We need more Rebel BPs dammit :grin:

Yes I remember that scene, but that would also require several other Rebel forces which I don't have.

We need more Rebel BPs dammit :grin:

Amen to that! :grin:

Yep, we definatly need Hoth and Endor BP. These guys look out of place in my Hoth Base. Also if you want to keep the turret in place, get some Hoth Rebels or pilots from the Hoth Rebel base set and put them on either side. That should solve your problem.

I found this to be a great set with great minifigs and great design.

Edited by Plutofish08