Sign in to follow this  
Dark Sword Ragnarok

The Droid Harbinger

indexed.gif

Hey guys, today I have a bit of a twist. This is something I haven't really ever done: a set alternate.

I was really bored today, and I kept looking over at the MagnaGuard fighter on my desk. I kind of wanted something to build, something challenging. Then I thought, "hey, it has some good parts in there, I wonder what I could make with just those parts...."

Hence, this little guy flew out of my creative building. Usually, when this happens, I start off with a slight idea of what I want, then it just kind of comes out of nowhere, building on top of the original idea and growing out of control. I based it on modern day "runway-free" jet fighters, the kind that use exaust propulsion to take off. The ship is a reconissance fighter, sent out first with a few other fighters to scope the feild before a battle. It can hover in one place for an extremely long time, which makes it perfect for taking out infantry, like an airborn rotatable turret. If you see this thing getting close to your base, prepare for heavy losses! I named it the Droid Harbinger, because "Harbinger" means "a shadow of what is to come". Therefore, the ship represents the impending Droid army that is on it's way. Most likely to kill you. This is what I ended up with:

lego_040.jpg

The front of the ship. The light bley cones are the foreward repeating blaster cannons.

lego_041.jpg

The side. You can kind of see the wing build here.

lego_042.jpg

The back. You'll see the engines next.

lego_043.jpg

You can see the booster engines here.

lego_044.jpg

The underside. The tan part is a dual machine blaster cannon. You can also see the main foreward guns.

lego_045.jpg

The wing build. I'm slightly happy with this, I like the angle, but it is a little unstable because it's connected with two red lightsaber blades from the set.

lego_046.jpg

Underside of the engines and back. It opens up for boosting and stays closed when dogfighting.

lego_047.jpg

Front profile. Intimidating, aint' it?

lego_048.jpg

I had to include some stuff from the original, and I decided to keep some of the front tubing.

lego_049.jpg

Side profile.

Hope you guys like it!

DSR

Wow, this is a very good MOC! I love the overall shape of it and to think it has been built using only bricks from one set makes it even better. I like the wing design, they look very sleek and the name is clever as well. Overall a great MOC :thumbup:

Wow, this is a very good MOC! I love the overall shape of it and to think it has been built using only bricks from one set makes it even better. I like the wing design, they look very sleek and the name is clever as well. Overall a great MOC :thumbup:

Thanks, Lord of Pies! I think it turned out pretty good myself.

The name was last minute, but I think it works well too! :grin:

DSR

Very nice. I really like that you used just pieces from the Magna Droid Starfighter and didn't mix or match with other pieces. It makes it much more creative, and that way you don't have to worry about missing pieces if you want to rebuild the original.

I will be needing instructions on how to replicate this set. :) It actually makes the Magnadroid Starfighter worth purchasing.

Very nicely done, very much like an F-16. Very well built. :thumbup:

Thanks, I had an F-16 in mind when I was building it. :wink:

Very nice. I really like that you used just pieces from the Magna Droid Starfighter and didn't mix or match with other pieces. It makes it much more creative, and that way you don't have to worry about missing pieces if you want to rebuild the original.

Yeah, I really enjoyed using only parts from the set. No digging in bins! :laugh:

Really cool MOC Dark Sword Ragnarok :thumbup: . I really like the sleek shape of it an it looks very cool also :thumbup: . Good job :thumbup: .

Thanks!

I will be needing instructions on how to replicate this set. :) It actually makes the Magnadroid Starfighter worth purchasing.

Haha, don't know if I can make instructions, but I'm sure you could replicate it without them!

DSR