Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Hungry, Hungry Sharks

thindexedgif.gif Vig 15b

I haven't posted here in a while! :pir_bawling:

Not really sure what this is classified as... a vignette, maybe? It's more of an artistic photograph, if you consider it artistic. Credit to RebelRock for the sinking boat effect.

pirates1.jpg

Nom Nom Nom...

pirates2.jpg

Well...not sure what else to say. :pir-tongue:

Is that a Duplo shark?

It's the new shark from the new Agents sets. Big, aren't they?

How is the sinking ship effect done?

Well compared to real sharks they're still quite small :pir-grin:

Google tells me this is a Duplo shark:

7882-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

Well it's not. It's from the Agents sets. Notice how the duplo sharks are more textured.

On topic, interesting tehnique, SirNadroj. How is it done?

I was about to ask what kind of shark this is, 'cause it is not a Pirates shark...

as for this vig, it's cool, the shark is so hungry that it would eat the boat :pir-laugh:

Nice work Nadroj! please show us this technique?!

I must admit when I opened this topic, I expected to see a new version of Hungry Hungry Hippo made out of lego :pir-blush:

:pir-tongue: Cool!

I must admit when I opened this topic, I expected to see a new version of Hungry Hungry Hippo made out of lego :pir-blush:

Me too... :pir-blush:

:pir-tongue: Cool!

Me too... :pir-blush:

As did I. That makes three of us, so I suppose it has to be done now... :pir-tongue:

Well it's not. It's from the Agents sets. Notice how the duplo sharks are more textured.

On topic, interesting tehnique, SirNadroj. How is it done?

I don't know what the technique is, but it would seem that- not only is the boat inside the SNOT water- but both the water and the boat are on an angle.

Back on topic, great vig, SirNadroj!

Funny vig! The sailor's head is priceless... :pir-laugh:

It's a very interesting way to "shape" the sea, very creative and artistic :thumbup:

I have a feeling this poor chap is gonna need a bigger boat!

greatwhitekayak3oj.jpg

Good use of those new sharks! At first glance I thought you used megablocks. :pir-blush:

I don't know what the technique is, but it would seem that- not only is the boat inside the SNOT water- but both the water and the boat are on an angle.

Back on topic, great vig, SirNadroj!

I don't think you ever left the topic. :look:

but thanks for coming back! :pir-grin:

I have a feeling this poor chap is gonna need a bigger boat!

That might be the great-great grand son of the person protrayed in Sir's Vig. :pir-laugh:

Great work Sir!

I like that shark. I'm going to have to get one (or more :pir-wink: )

Hello SirNadroj,

Very nice! I really like the framing of the picture. Did you paint the minifig's legs to give it the appearance of shoes/boots?

A simple :thumbup: will do...

Is that a Duplo shark?

I was actually thinking of getting a Duplo shark - 26cm long! :pir-wub: But it'll have to wait...

How is the sinking ship effect done?

Slopes outline the hull shape in the SNOT (if that makes any sense) - basically the boat sits in a hole in the SNOT water.

I like these bigger sharks, they can actually eat a fig. :pir-grin:

Hence why the New Pirate Line uses them.

Very nice! I really like the framing of the picture. Did you paint the minifig's legs to give it the appearance of shoes/boots?

I believe they're Hovito legs from Indy; they're actually brown, with blue print. I'm not sure why he's used them, though :pir-look:

I believe they're Hovito legs from Indy; they're actually brown, with blue print. I'm not sure why he's used them, though :pir-look:

No, they're from Avatar, they're Sokka?'s legs, in the Air Temple set.

Nice MOC! Well, If I was in a situation like this with a pistol, I would have shot with it, but obviously this idea is not in the sailor's mind :pir_laugh2: Like many people have said before, great how you made the sinking and shark-in-the-water effect, can you show a picture of the water without the boat so I can see how it's made?

Nice MOC! :thumbup:

I like the new sharks better too.

can you show a picture of the water without the boat so I can see how it's made?

I would love to see this picture as well!

Like many people have said before, great how you made the sinking and shark-in-the-water effect, can you show a picture of the water without the boat so I can see how it's made?

If you check the date of the post.. it was posted in 2008, I don't think the Vig is still together.. :pir_laugh2:

Nice Vig by the way. :) and omg.. Hungry hungry hippo's.. I remember playing that.. :pir_laugh2:

If you check the date of the post.. it was posted in 2008, I don't think the Vig is still together..

Ow I'm sorry, I didn't notice. People shouldn't bump old threads, that's useless and confusing :pir-sceptic: