Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Princess Quest Chapter VI: Spellbound

indexed.gif

It's due time for another chapter of Princess Quest. We've already reached the sixth chapter, and our princess is drawing near to what she is searching for.

Here's a quick check list of all the previous chapters, along with links:

Chapter I: Chivalry

Chapter II: Legends & Legacies

Chapter III: Fellowship

Chapter IV: Passings

Chapter V: Memories

If in doubt, you can check information about all the named characters here:

Who's Who in Princess Quest

Here we go again!

PQVITitle.png

PQVI1.png

PQVI2.png

PQVI3.png

PQVI4.png

PQVI5.png

PQVI6.png

PQVI7.png

PQVI8.png

PQVI9.png

PQVI10.png

PQVI11.png

PQVI12.png

PQVI13.png

PQVI14.png

PQVI15.png

PQVI16.png

PQVI17.png

PQVI18.png

PQVI19.png

PQVI20.png

PQVI21.png

PQVI22.png

PQVI23.png

PQVI24.png

PQVI25.png

PQVI26.png

PQVI27.png

PQVI28.png

PQVI29.png

PQVI30.png

PQVI31.png

PQVI32.png

Hope you liked this chapter as much as the previous ones! Next time, there will be trolls.

I'm in a hurry, have to catch a train soon, but this was very good, your usual quality. :thumbup:

Good piece usage, and I just love that throne :wub:

I'll probably write a more nitpicking post later with some (hopefully) constructive critisism, but for now, great job, looking forward to the next chapter. :classic:

I really like your comics! So far I've read all of them but haven't commented on any.

Like Quarryman I Think that throne's wonderful. The wizard's tower is also pretty neat. Ogle and Rod are my favorite characters and hope too see more of them :wub: . I wonder what Ogle's dark secret will be :oh::laugh: .

Are you planning on having more than two wizards or is that a secret?

Edited by Pickerel

Are you planning on having more than two wizards or is that a secret?

It's no secret: there will be more. And in the sequel I'm already planning (I've got the plotline of Princess Quest already figured out), there will be witches, too.

Great to get another fan! :wub: You can be sure that Rod and Ogle will stick around in the comic until the very end.

Nice story you're telling us here! :sweet:

I really like your "sets", specially because they're not specially big but work quite well for this comic style :thumbup:

Oh this is definitely getting exciting! Will Princess Beatrix find the mysterious Dragonstone in time to save her kingdom? Find out in Princess Quest!

Another excellent story plot my fine lady, and the scenery just gets better and better! Tell me, are there dragons in your story? :wub: If so I love this even more! :sweet:

I look forward to seeing what your Dragon Warriors are like. Noble? Strong? Evil? Dignified? Are their dragons? (Hang on, I already asked that...) So many questions which will be revealed in the next instalment! I just can't wait! Are the dragons friendly? Or are they depicted as evil guardians? Or are there no dragons? And what of the Dragonstones? What powers do they contain? Will they be enough to save the land, or will they damn it? Do I smell roast duck? Where is my spoon?

Ah, he gets a little excited when a conversation even mentions dragons, so please excuse his rambling. You don't have to answer any questions, I think he's just speculating...

To right I am! Who are you, anyway? :wacko:

I'm Lord Dragonator, you've spent the last few month's hosting a game show in my castle!

Oh right. Then who am I?

Presumably your me.

But aren't you me?

In a manner of speaking.

Can we stop this confusing discussion and get back to the dragons?

If you like. :laugh:

Ah, he gets a little excited when a conversation even mentions dragons, so please excuse his rambling. You don't have to answer any questions, I think he's just speculating...

To right I am! Who are you, anyway? :wacko:

I'm Lord Dragonator, you've spent the last few month's hosting a game show in my castle!

Oh right. Then who am I?

Presumably your me.

But aren't you me?

In a manner of speaking.

Can we stop this confusing discussion and get back to the dragons?

If you like. :laugh:

Great, I've managed to invoke Dragonator's multiple personality syndrome. I apologize! :blush:

But I think the fact that the Four Jewels of Legend are also known as Dragonstones makes it obvious that there will be dragons. You might not remember it, but the ogress Skala's husband is searching for dragons with the troll prince, as well (mentioned in a few earlier chapters).

And there has already been a glimpse of Dragonwarriors in Chapter IV, where two of them are seen entering the town of Blockward.

But keep on reading, I reckon you'll the last three chapters increasingly satisfying. :wink:

Hope you liked this chapter as much as the previous ones! Next time, there will be trolls.

Yay, trolls! :grin:

The next chapter sounds very promising, and is sure to unveil a lot.

It also shows Duplox! Well, hopefully.

Excellent chapter, it certainly strengthens the plot a lot and your throne for Prince Tristan is excellent! :wub:

(guess it is the first time I post but I read all your stories)

I really like what you are doing, especially the character creation and how you mix so many different themes toegther: Wild West, Indiana Jones, Castle etc etc. I cannot really mix my stuff, it always feels strange. But in your comic it works very well! I hope you will use another fleshy head, I just love them.. perhaps another pale character living where no sun is shining? Also I must add that I like most of your influences, how you develope dramaturgy for example. It is obvious you played at least one japanese RPG, didn't you? I wonder what is going to happen to the princess and her fellows and I can only tell you to keep up the good work!

:classic:

Wow, I am liking this story more and more every time, great work, Sandy! I really love all of the detail and thought you have put in to the dioramas, such as the clutter of books and goblets in Fabuland's tower, or the scattered shrubbery and pebbles in the badlands. Before I get too ahead of myself, I should start from the beginning. I love the tower, with all of the clutter of the wizard's home. What oeice did you use for the glass orb? It looks like a marble to me... Anyways, the rooftop is very nice, I like how you left part of it open, so its not too detailed to be confusing. I also liked how you scattered the slopes to give a half-wrecked feel to it. Nice choice of a head for the evil wizard, very menacing. And very nice photoshopping with the flames; they give it a realistic feel, but not too much to make it un-lego-ish. I love how you made the elves very detailed with a lot of individual character traits and the way that they aren't typical "storybook" elves. Good way of explaining the jewels with a different scene, and how they are the primary colors (I usually count green as a primary). Green for forests (and I like the change of hands that this jewel has gotten into, very original), blue for sea (the orgres sailing is a unique idea), red for underground (I look forward to seeing Dwarves in this story), and and yellow for light (those above? you like angels? or perhaps dragons? A surprise to look forward to!). The only thing I would have done different is give the jewels some sort of power trait (you know me with the elemental stuff! :tongue:) such as yellow giving the power to fly, etc. At first, I thought that using the name Legolas was very uncreative, but then I got the pun. :laugh: The badlands are very cool, I like the big ribcage and dead horse, nice use of the skeleton horse peice. Lastly, (whew, finally!) the ending was very well done. I like the throne, and the corpse of the king. And nice gate, it really looks like one!

All in all, a very excellent story so far, your MOCing skills are superb, (where is that "Expert MOCer" tag?!) and the balance realistic things and such are perfect. It is always a pleasure reading these, and when the story is over I hope you continue to do more Princess Quest adventures and other great MOCs. Just amazing, great job, Sandy! :sweet:

Edited by JimButcher

Aww, you guys are such sweethearts! :blush:

Let me answer some of the questions you had for me, okay?

I hope you will use another fleshy head, I just love them.. perhaps another pale character living where no sun is shining?

There will be more "fleshies", but I'm not going to spoil the surprise about their appearance. :tongue:

It is obvious you played at least one japanese RPG, didn't you?

I've played loads, especially Final Fantasy! So you got it right. :wink:

What oeice did you use for the glass orb? It looks like a marble to me...

It's actually just the regular LEGO-glass orb. It just reflects light and the blue backdrop (my carpet, actually) in a very cool way - and there was no photoshopping used for that. :grin:

The only thing I would have done different is give the jewels some sort of power trait (you know me with the elemental stuff! ) such as yellow giving the power to fly, etc.

Well, they aren't called "Dragonstones" without a reason... Besides, each stone hides a different power anyway, although they're not directly related to classical elements. The red one, Devil's Iris, obviously has power over death, but I'll leave the rest of the powers a secret for now.

It is always a pleasure reading these, and when the story is over I hope you continue to do more Princess Quest adventures and other great MOCs. Just amazing, great job, Sandy! :sweet:

I'm actually planning for a sequel already, even though I haven't even finished this first one. Getting a bit ahead of myself, though... :tongue:

But I'm so pleased to hear about your appreciation! :wub:

Edited by Sandy

Another great chapter, Sandy. Now we see that the skeleton's wants weren't that bad really, he just wanted to be with his family. However, that Necromancer won't see to that, I'm sure. He wants supreme power, there's no bones about that.

Bad pun, okay. :blush: Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter!

~Peace

A.Aww, you guys are such sweethearts! :blush:

1.It's actually just the regular LEGO-glass orb. It just reflects light and the blue backdrop (my carpet, actually) in a very cool way - and there was no photoshopping used for that. :grin:

2.Well, they aren't called "Dragonstones" without a reason... Besides, each stone hides a different power anyway, although they're not directly related to classical elements. The red one, Devil's Iris, obviously has power over death, but I'll leave the rest of the powers a secret for now.

3. I'm actually planning for a sequel already, even though I haven't even finished this first one. Getting a bit ahead of myself, though... :tongue:

B.But I'm so pleased to hear about your appreciation! :wub:

A and B: You're very welcome!! :sweet:

1: I've never seen that piece. No photoshopping?! Cool effect!

2: Ah, a secret... all the more reason to look forward to the next chapter!

3: It's never to early to plan ahead! (I hope that made sense...) But a sequel sounds... well, fantastic! I'll definitely look forward to that! :wub:

An exciting and well thought out story and beautifull told, with a very fine character development indeed! :thumbup: