Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

Mint in Sealed Box MADNESS!

Mint In Sealed Box Pirate LEGO

Some people prefer to buy their Pirate LEGO brand new. Of course, finding brand new Pirate LEGO isn't always easy so here are some eBay finds you buy - if you've got the money....

(All hyperlinks in this post link to eBay or eBay Auctions)

6289 Red Beard Runner MISB

Around $30

eb1e_1.JPG

CLICK HERE to place a bid!

6261 Raft Raiders, 6258 Smugger's Shanty & 6247 Bounty Boat all MISB

Around $34 for all three - AWESOME!!!

05c3_1.JPG

HUUUUUUUGE MISB Collection

10040, 6289, 6276, 6277, 6278, 6279, 6281, 6292, 6234, 6251, 6258 ALL NEW IN FACTORY SEALED BOXES

4776_1.JPG

Black Seas Barracuda MISB

BUY IT NOW or make an offer

fb3b_1.JPG

6291 Armada Flagship MISB

Make an offer or BUY IT NOW

bdab_1.JPG

Creator Set 5525 PIRATE SHIP Robot Race Car MISB

BUY IT NOW or make an offer - 4 Available

6e80_1.JPG

1729 Barnacle Bay MISB

BUY IT NOW

4c57_1.JPG

6266 Cannon Cove MISB

BUY IT NOW

IMG_0925.JPG

6244 Armada Sentry MISB

BUY IT NOW

51ba_1.JPG

6253 Shipwreck Hideout

BUY IT NOW for under $45!!!

0322_1.JPG

6289 Red Beard Runner MISB

Around $30

eb1e_1.JPG

6256 Islander Catamaran MISB

BUY IT NOW

8f76_1.JPG

625602s.jpg

6256 Islander Catamaran MISB

BUY IT NOW

51_1_b.JPG

6244 Armada Sentry MISB

BUY IT NOW - 7 available

3e80_1.JPG

6244 Armada Sentry MISB

BUY IT NOW - 7 available

3e80_1.JPG

6245 Harbor Sentry MISB

BUY IT NOW - 5 Available!

4a29_1.JPG

6248 Volcano Island MISB

BUY IT NOW

c5b1_1.JPG

6245 Harbor Sentry MISB

BUY IT NOW - 5 Available!

bcc5_1.JPG

6290 Red Beard Runner MISB

BUY IT NOW

0b0f_1.JPG

6278 Bad box Enchanted Island MISB

BUY IT NOW or Make an offer

bde0_1.JPG

c1e4_1.JPG

6232 Skeleton Crew MISB

BUY IT NOW - only $10

2b56_1.JPG

6234 Renegade's Raft MISB

BUY IT NOW

c11a_1.JPG

6278 Bad box Enchanted Island MIDB

BUY IT NOW or Make an offer

NOTE: Box and instructions are water damaged but parts are still in sealed poly bags

6278-1-1.jpg

10400 Black Seas Barracuda MISB

For those who like their LEGO untouched

72_1.JPG

Want MOOOORE Auctions???

Scroll to the bottom of the forum and make sure Advertisements are Turned ON. There will be more auctions than you can possibly bid on!

DISCLAIMER: The Administration of Classic-Pirates.com and Eurobricks is in no way accountable for this eBay auction or any eBay auction advertised in our forum or website. The advertisements and links are presented for your convenience and therefore it is YOUR responsibility to contact the seller to negotiate postage rates or pose any queries you have regarding the auction. Classic-Pirates.com and Eurobricks.com will not accept responsibility for any action taken by any eBay seller.

Actually, Phes, if it were in my budget, I'd so jump on that, to open it up and put it together, of course. But so...so pretty.

Akkh

I'm in the same boat too dude... If I had the $$ I'd get all the Pirate sets MISB. But alas, the budget doesn't allow at present.

I've seen these Skulls Eye Schooners sell for over US$250 before...

loooooooooooool

I already got that ship, and even if I could get it misb, i would build it the day I get it. As usual the price is ridiculously high for a box...

Many probably don't understand why a box makes it more expensive. To some, its just a box! [Obviously]

But a box is an indicator of many things.

The box is actually rarer than the set itself, because obviously not everyone keeps their boxes.

• In good condition they can be quite attractive and are a good alternative to pictures.
  • It demonstrates that the set has been taken good care of.
  • When something is rare and in good condition its usually worth something. But when they're all opened... That's it... All gone... Extinct!
  • Its also a part of the set as a whole, when originally purchased from a store it has its box (unless there are exceptional circumstances of course)

I don't really understand why someone would want to pay extra buy a MISB LEGO set no longer in production, when they could just buy a second hand set without the box. I do admit its nice to open a set fresh from the box, but when its no longer in production to me it seems like killing an endangered species.

I take the Indiana Jones attitude - "That belongs in a museum!" There's only so many left in MISB condition, and they should be preserved. If you don't care about the box, then why buy a set with the box in the first place? Leave it for a collector who sees value in the box.

But at the end of the day, its your LEGO, you do what you want wit hit.

This is waaaaaaaaay off topic. If anyone wants to continue this discussion I created the MISB - to open or not to open... a while back. That would be the place to do it.

i replyed there... I used to have the box for a yellow castle. My mother throw it away while I was in Canada. the only thing I was able to say was 'whatever, I can't play with the box, it makes more space for the bricks themselves'

To ecconomise the space taken by boxes I put spare parts and unbuilt sets in them. Not only do the decorate the place, they make good storage units.

It looks just like I remember it, only a bit smaller... I got it for my birthday years ago....

God Bless,

Nathan

How big were you back then Mr Norro?

I don't honestly remember...

God Bless,

Nathan

Well to put it another way. How long ago was it? And how old were you then? But don't tell us how old you are now. We should be able to work it out from that data.

I recently got me a(n) SES on ebay Germany for 56 Euro + shipping. It's not MISB but MIB. With shipping I payed 70. There were others on auction but I decided to go for the the one with the box. Mostly because of the reasons mister_phes described earlier. I wouldn't have gone much higher, though. I got it for 4 Euro below my maximum bid. To me MISB and MIB are the same: if I can get a box I'll take it, but it won't stay sealed here. I wanna "play" with the LEGO and keep the box as a "memory". I didn't see it that way when I was a kid, of course, that's why I don't have any of my childhood boxes :'(

Can't wait till it arrives. Should be here during next week... *satis*

Ah yes... When you're a kiddie boxes don't mean nuffin! Suffice to say none of my childhood LEGO boxes are still present.

Boxes can also be sold on eBay and can fetch more than you think they would if you describe them properly. And this is for the very reasons I've specified above.

hey awsome i have the box from the one of the pirate ships that came with 3 blue imperial guys

So do I! That would be:

And that's 6274 Caribbean Clipper whose box sits upon 6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall which sits upon my Skulls Eye Schooner Box.

What do you mean by "cant fire correctly"? Is that because they rotate?

Oh, and congratulations for signing up! We've had 2 other captains register in the past few days and they've both been lost in space. Its good to have more Pirate Captains lurking about. Feel free to create a thread in the Hello! My name is... forum and announce your arrival.

thanks for the wellcome!

i said that because skull's eye schooner's cannons can't do a long shot, the shots of that cannons is very short

What a beautiful ship - makes me want to unpack and rebuild mine.

One of the things abuot the pirate sets I found is that I generally could not improve upon them with more pieces and figs , unlike castles, town, etc, where you can add or combine sets and do something better than TLC came up with.

Problem is I never have enough room to display all the Lego - my wife prefers contemporary vases and glass as home decoration for some reason.

Unenlightened. Sigh.

Problem is I never have enough room to display all the Lego - my wife prefers contemporary vases and glass as home decoration for some reason.

Huh... does your wife know my girlfriend?! Sure sounds like it... ;)

One of the things abuot the pirate sets I found is that I generally could not improve upon them with more pieces and figs , unlike castles, town, etc, where you can add or combine sets and do something better than TLC came up with.

Is this a good or bad thing? Would you prefer it if you could do more or is it better that you can't?

ouch... 190 dollars!

hm... i paid 25 euros for the largest set without the box... that's enough for me... suppose you buy them seperately at BL, wouldn't you be better off?

Lets see Count Sneffy... Cheapest MISB on Bricklink (at time of writing)...

6205 Bucaneers

US$50.00

6248 Volcano Island

US$36.00

6249 Pirate's Ambush (not MISB, but with box and instructions)

US$44.00

6296 Shipwreck Island

(box has heavy shelf wear)

US$55.00

TOTAL: US$185

Given all the sets are MISB the condition of the boxes appear to be quite good the eBay auction probably represents a better deal. Also factoring in postage the eBay auction could be combine postage wheras you'd have to pay individual postage on BrickLink.

Edited by mister_phes

Pretty good deal... pretty good sets... alas... I do not have enough money... and I already have other sets I need to buy!